Carnival

Carnival Employee Reviews

United Kingdom10 reviews
I worked in Carnival for 6 months and I had really good time both in learning new technology and Travel Domain. Excellent place to work in Southampton area.
Sadly there is little to no career progression at this company, unless you have friends in high places.

The management is very incompetent and unfeeling, I would give examples but they are too personal to certain members of staff but needless to say bereavement, sick note's etc is not deemed justifiable for time off.

Seven day straight working patterns, mean a high turnover and lack of work - life balance, overall this place is to be avoided.
Very poor HR. I was given incorrect information from HR which caused a mix up regarding my pension and resulted in me losing a lot of money
Pros
Discounted cruises
Cons
Worst company I’ve ever worked for. Management are completely incompetent and it’s impossible to get anything done because of internal politics. Do yourself a favour and avoid like the plague.
I used to work in a small team. Most of my colleagues spoke German which made me feel somewhat at home. Carnival UK is a good place for work and is still improving now and becoming more open minded in terms of listening to employees, trying new things. I'd even consider going back there.
Pros
Monday - Friday, Office hours
Cons
Pay could be better for the work we do/ did
The staff are welcoming and fun and it feels like a family. The building mostly runs smoothly and the most enjoyable part is being able to meet new people and customers as well as make new friends.
I shared the 13 currency bank accounts with one other lady, we managed these on a daily basis and did the month end reconciliation which went toward the finance directors reports pacakge at the end of the month. I learned alot here using excel spreadsheets and Oracle, I also used RBS Bankline to send payments to various people/places around the world.
I got along well wirth my colleagues and worked in a team of 5 most of the time. The hardest part of this job was managing queries for foreign staff whose money may not have arrived where it should of, I had to deal with enquiring staff and the bank to rectify these which could be time consuming.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the comradery spirit and working together as a big team, finance dept had 120 staff, any problems would be sorted out by several people in different parts of the business.
Pros
nice open plan office with atrium cafe
Cons
no free parking
* Fully qualified lifeguard I take responsibility for the Health and Safety of our members and fellow staff members in the pool and surrounding areas and ensure all our poolside activities are promoted and run effectively. Any irregularities are dealt with in timely fashion

* Friendly and approachable

* Provide a supportive customer service role

* Provide personal attention and care to all members

* Ensure the swimming areas and equipment are maintained and presented in line with brand standards
Various calls and plans of the day

Luxurious lifestyles of customers

Best Management

Fun working with co workers

Hardest part was going home as always liked working around them

When achieved beyond my targets
Pros
very nice environment
Cons
hard to tell
ive very much enjoyed working on board the ships and have learned a lot and been to some amazing places i might not have been able to go to before. my co workers were all lovely and the work was fun altough very tiring.
Pros
seeing the world
Cons
no job security
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Carnival?