Carlton Clubs (Carlton Bingo)

Carlton Clubs (Carlton Bingo) Employee Reviews

United Kingdom39 reviews
Good Place To Work
There were a lot of ups and downs for this place, a lot of the staff members are very happy, helpful and cheerful. The past year or so has been a bit tricky due to various circumstances but the employees were still eager and determined to do their best in their departments.
Bullying staff and management
I had the most horrendous experience working in partick Carlton. Watch out for one of the caller's a guy small nasty bully. The general manager should have been sacked for how she treated me . Also there r rats in the building and they continue to sell food.
Pros
Cons
Management bullies, staff bullies and rats for company as the r in the building.
Know What Your Applying For, Before Applying.
So I love my job at Carlton, I’ve learnt so much over a small period of time, from running my own bar to handling large amounts of money, if you need the experience then it’s a good job, however you do have to work split shifts which is
something they don’t tell you when applying for the job. The staff are one of the best parts of the job, they all like to have a laugh and a joke even when it gets stressful. Management can be difficult at times... and sometimes can feel that there not always on your side. However I have had good feedback and advice off them when I really needed it. Working split shifts means you have no social life so when applying keep that In mind. Overall would recommend for gaining experience, and making new friends. Just a few things to bare in mind
Carlton Bingo is a great place to work, friendly atmosphere, staff and management . They have a good work, life balance. An understanding and support employer.
Not a good enviroment to work at all hours are long nit social hours
Too much two faced too much stress boss is useless never there slags everyone off aswell as customers treat ya like rubbish !! AVOID AVOID AVOID
The job was great tbh just the people they have working for them thats not ok alot of things going on behind the scenes !! If you want to be torn down mentally and physically then this job is for you.!
Carlton You're More Than Just A Number
Carlton Bingo is a great company to work for. The company invest a lot of time training its staff to give them the skills required to work in all the different departments which makes it a varied and enjoyable place to work. The working environment can be fast paced at times however this makes the time pass very quickly and the customers are all there to enjoy themselves, which makes it a fun place to work. I would thoroughly recommend Carlton as a place to work, as there is a lot of variety in the working day and it is a very social working environment.
Don’t go there
Managers do nothing Except sit in the office. Training non existent told just to get on with it. Staff no even thanked for the help they put in very soul destroying
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
2 hour shift gap
Good company
Loved every minute of working for them and its a shame we were all made redundent the hours were excellent and customers were great this was a new exsperience i enjoyed
Long hours and managers speak down to staff
Some off the staff was amazing to work with but some off them where also two faced and spoke behind each other’s backs they where forever ignoring each other during busy times the way one off the managers speaks to her staff is disgusting you get paid for holidays if booked in plenty notice you don’t get paid for handing sick lines etc. Wouldn’t recommended tbf
Pros
Wages
Cons
Long hours and way your spoken to
Fantastic
Carlton is a friendly working environment where career progression is encouraged. As a small company everyone works together and the directors know you by name and actively look to get to know you.
Hours are long at times but it is the Leisure industry.
great place
was a great place to work was like a little family i was the bar and bistro team leader i was a duty manager and a key holder as working with customers every day i feel i can work in any environment with the public
Fun fast paced workplace
I gained plenty of confidence working here learning new departments from calling bingo numbers in front of hundreds of people to running a bar on my own. This fast paced environment allows plenty of fun and lots of customer interaction. The staff work effectively as a team ensuring targets are met. A typical day consists of serving food and drinks and general customer care. The hardest part are the long split shifts and the best being the fun loving team who make the job exciting.
Enjoyable workplace
Having worked for the company for over 20 years and joining in a junior position they have encouraged myself development to progress my career.

The company is appreciative of your hard work, management are helpful and always checking to see if you are happy/confident in your tasks. The job provides a great variety no day is the same in the bingo industry.
My Time at Carlton
I started off as a Trainee Team Assistant when I was at university and worked my way up to Team Manager level. I was given the chance as a trainee to learn many different departments including calling, bar, bistro & booksales. The company provided lots of different training opportunities and I attended courses on Food Hygiene, Licensing Laws, GamCare, Fire Safety Training, First Aid & Alcohol Licensing. The company pays the National Minimum Wage for all new employees regardless of age, this then went up after my probationary period (12 weeks). Working as part of a large team increased my teamwork and interpersonal skills. I really enjoyed my time with Carlton, it's a great company to work for with a huge focus on staff development and progression.
Pros
Training Opportunites
busy workplace
I worked in the morning as a cleaner then went back in the afternoon to do my shift after my shift i would clean the bingo ready for the evening session then i would go in for my evening shift. My afternoon shift i was the cashier and the evening i worked with the bandits. Once a week i would do a extra shift by coming in to do the bandits i would empty them and count all the money making sure that i didnt mix the money up and do the paperwork. I sometimes used to fix the bandits if they stopped . i really enjoyed working at carlton as most of the customers were old and they are so funny.
I also did the stocktaking every week the beers and the draught beer which was a challenge. I also did a lot of course when i worked there like COSHTH, FIRE EXTINGUISHERS, HEALTH AND HYGIENE i also did a couple of computer course in my own time which helped my in my job
Pros
near home
Cons
late nights
Happy place to work
I had various roles in the company so no day was the same. My main jobs included,
Bar/bistro supervisor and bookseller/cashier.

When I worked in the bistro I was in charge of ordering stock/ monitoring stock levels, cooking breakfast lunch and tea in bulk for customers /staff. If i'm honest I loved the busy atmosphere of the kitchen, I would work alone or as part of a team. I think the hardest part of this roll was getting food prepared in the allocated time given.

When I worked as bookseller/cashier I spent my day selling books/boards to customers wanting to play bingo, I would be in charge of a safe holding £18.000. I was also trusted with safe keys/building keys, I would input daily sales money intake in to club administration. The hardest part of this roll was to ensure the safe was balanced at the end of my day.

I loved my 13 years at the Carlton bingo I learned a great deal which include.

Time management, Meeting deadlines and the importance of great customer service also how to supervise in a correct manor.
Pros
working with a fantastic team
Cons
unsociable working hours
Fun work environment. Good opportunities for training and advancement
Carlton was a fun, varied working environment that allowed a range of different work experiences from Catering, Bar work and others. The management team is very dedicated to their staff's well being and advancement. Different levels are attainable within the business and management encourage ambition in their staff.
Pros
Specal staff lunch price.
Cons
Split shifts
Very fun place to work
About this bingo job well...
There was always a different job to do in the bingo hall...

Bingo calling

Cooking

Cash handling

Cleaning

Very friendly place of work
Was a great place to work
Preparing food for customers, serving customers, dealing with food deliveries.

Working in Carlton bingo was good, staff and management were all friendly, good working environment, only downside was the split shoft
Pros
good wage and friendly environment
Cons
split shifts
Really fun.
Really fun place to work but can be boring. Same thing every day if you are scared to speak over the mic then don't bother to apply but if you have no problem with that then apply.
Pros
Really nice company to work for.
Cons
2 Hour unpaid break every day across all Carlton Clubs.
Fun workplace
Was a great company to work for enjoyed my time there very much wish indidnt have to leave but for personal reasons i had too. The management are very friendly and fair. The opportunities the compamy gives you are fantastic
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carlton Clubs (Carlton Bingo). Our community is ready to answer.