Carlisle Support Services

Carlisle Support Services Pay & benefits reviews

Bad pay long hours, no bonuses, earlies and nights in same week, no extra pay for nights or weekends. Hard to get holiday you have to earn it 1 hour holiday per 8 hours worked.Not enough shifts going at the moment yet they decide to hire more people. And you only get your shifts for the following week on a Thursday or Friday so you can't make plans.
Pros
Colleuges
Cons
To many to list.
Carlisle are the best company you ever work with, they look after their staff, you get break on time and you get paid according to your hours. I recocomed to work for them.
When i started all was good but after first month my wages were always wrong and had to wait until my next payday for what i was owed. sometimes it took longer as i always had to remind them. they always ran out of products needed to do the job at hand and then got a ear full when jobs were not done to standard.
If you find yourself working for Carlisle support services for their railway division, then good luck. There is a multitude of issues within the company, if not being the overbearing management who are almost incompetent, maybe it'll be the fact that they say you're "trying to pull the wool over their eyes" if you don't have the numbers they expect you to get. The benefits aren't worth the stress, the money isn't either. If you have no other option then good luck, otherwise i'd find any other minimum wage job to apply for.
Pros
free railway travel
Cons
hours are awkward. Management is a mess.
Do not recommend working here, no extra pay for nights, full of kids who chock, management never helpful and haven't got a clue. Shifts each week are mixed up one week doing nights and earlies in the same week. Make you crossed trained for no reason, awful pay and really badly organised and run. The wage is bad and hardly enough money to live on, doing the amount of hours you work.
Pros
No pros at all. Awful company to work for....
Cons
Bad pay, management are a joke, no discounts on food and the same pay for working nights.
Carlisle support services is very good company, get salary on time and very good manager support from (Yameen). Get lots of work.. But pay is very low
The management is a joke, the pay is a joke due to the danger in the job role, no extra pay for nights, no extra pay for over time, 90 percent off the management aren’t there to help with anything, the job role is far from worth the stress and low pay don’t do it!
Pros
They may get your pay correct once in a while
Cons
To many to list.
Not a bad place to work but the change in management every few weeks is a bit much i had a very good shift pattern and they do tend to cater to your needs fairly well
Pros
good hours
Cons
often changes in management
Very bad company to work for, a culture off bullying from management who pressure you into being crossed training for no extra pay, long hours the company has a contract with Eurotunnel or getlink it is called now.
Working since last year June and thought get more benefits and have good future but it was wrong if you could find better please do it paying scale are less than market
You go into work early and sign in around the back. Check tickets in the morning during opening times
Pros
free lunch
Cons
standing
The staff do not support you in any way for any thing and the pay is dodgy, also way too much favouritism in this company I've worked here it's not worth it, I wasted my time life and career with this company and the pay is terribly scary, you dont even get a paid break and everyones watching over you all the time.
Cons
Friendly and Kind you get to work in different venues and meet new people all the time. pay is really good and they help you to get a better job role.
I work set Hours which is good, would not work over time as I Don't trust their pay system. Pay on a average for holiday pay. So Pay is sort every time you take a holiday. GM is always travelling around shacking peoples hand so not doing any work. Pay average. Cannot get hold of anyone to help sort problems or queries out.
Pros
Pay on Time
Cons
My first security role was with this company. Only provided one uniform for 6 days a week working!! Rotas provided with one days notice though advised pattern in advance ...which is then changed at short (one day) notice. Shifts cancelled on the day.Promised bonus payment on completion of short term contract but they failed to pay most people.Those they did pay had to wait and only got paid some of the money expected but as a company they don't explain why full payment not made..(nothing advised or details provided) My pay was never accurate. Still waiting for P45 even though legal requirement and still waiting for outstanding pay months later! Payroll is slow and not able to process worked hours accurately or timely and many people lose out by hundreds of pounds.My last week shifts were all cancelled with less than an hours notice and only the favoured family and friends are given the promised hours /pay within the contract period. Would NOT recommend this company as they will not pay your worked hours and you have to fight for months to get the pay you actually earned from them.
Pros
Cant think of one!
Cons
Untrustworthy management and poor payroll system
good place to work, diverse and help to understand the diversity problems and management is very helpful in beaning to understand the importance of customer service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
In my time working for Carlisle, I was a safety steward at horse race days and various other functions. Although it was a zero hours contract at the time, I was often contacted early to see if I wanted to work for certain events as I'd shown I was reliable and was prepared for long shifts. So although the zero hours factor was a downside, it was countered by getting offered most of the jobs that came up at the venue I worked at.
Pros
Good team, hard work is rewarded
Cons
Can be dull, and sometimes long hours
work night shifts a lot to learn good management all co - worker are corporative hardest part work at night shifts enjoyable part was free breakfast from the company
Pros
good management
Cons
night shifts
good workplace, nice hours, not a lot of pressure. The environment is usually clean and punctuality is a very important factor or you will lose your job quickly
nice. management is good, had really good team enjoyed my time learned alot from my seniors
i am governed by a zero hour contracta typical day would be to receive email regarding location, await vehicle from hire company, gather team and proceed to, eg, tesco store up to 300 miles away ,check in at allocated hotel, prepare for shift work (duration 2 days to 3 weeks mostly night shifts)work included mass movement of product by a team of up to fifty.. hard aspect of job would be lack of challenge A positive was the good banter that can exist within the squad. Management was on team leader basis basis and like some team members could be inconsistent. I have learned to be flexible even elastic, if i want to succeed
Pros
free uniform, efficient salary department
Cons
inconsistant hours and lack of support