Carlisle Support Services

Carlisle Support Services Employee Reviews for Chief Revenue Officer

My role as revenue protection officer mainly consists of generating revenue by selling train tickets and issuing penalty fares to passengers who have used rail transportation without a valid ticket. The role also consists of operating automatic ticket barriers at major train stations such as Manchester Victoria, Warrington and Salford Central.
Pros
Free Train Travel
Cons
Long Hours of standing on your feet.
If i could give minus five stars I would on all worst company to work for management don't care always being watched and always being phoned.Never know what shift you are working until a day before and pay always wrong.
Shift pattern suited my lifestyle and I worked with a good team. I learnt a lot about myself and how to control myself in difficult situations. I also surprised myself at what situations I could deal with when remaining calm and working with in the policies and guidelines given during training. There could be more support from management. Hardest part of the job is dealing with people who are genuine in their reasons for not complying with railway bylaws but having to deal with them anyway due to being fair and consistent. Most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the public and developing new knowledge and skills
Pros
New skills gained, good team work
Cons
Negative feedback from some members of the oublic and lack of management support