Carlisle Support Services Employee Reviews

Team Work and fun
EVENTS STEWARD & SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 October 2018
Sometimes at work we encounter difficulty situations which sometimes can be hard to deal with but with the team and planning we have during events we always handle any situation we confront with team work.

Hardest part of my job is the abusive customers its very offensive but we must be professtional at all times and don't let it get to you after our shift or during we can report all abusive or aggressive situation.

I enjoyed working as a event steward and security guard with my current company. We have a fantastic team full of energy and excitement.
Fails to pay promptly or accurately
Customer Service Security (Former Employee) –  Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside22 August 2018
My first security role was with this company. Only provided one uniform for 6 days a week working!! Rotas provided with one days notice though advised pattern in advance ...which is then changed at short (one day) notice. Shifts cancelled on the day.Promised bonus payment on completion of short term contract but they failed to pay most people.Those they did pay had to wait and only got paid some of the money expected but as a company they don't explain why full payment not made..(nothing advised or details provided) My pay was never accurate. Still waiting for P45 even though legal requirement and still waiting for outstanding pay months later! Payroll is slow and not able to process worked hours accurately or timely and many people lose out by hundreds of pounds.My last week shifts were all cancelled with less than an hours notice and only the favoured family and friends are given the promised hours /pay within the contract period. Would NOT recommend this company as they will not pay your worked hours and you have to fight for months to get the pay you actually earned from them.
Pros
Cant think of one!
Cons
Untrustworthy management and poor payroll system
productive work place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London7 August 2018
good place to work, diverse and help to understand the diversity problems and management is very helpful in beaning to understand the importance of customer service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Ok company but not the best
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton13 July 2018
Poor pay for the role I do, too quick to reremand you on minor things and very poor staff levels and lack of training opportunity.
Mangaerment dont listen to you.
fun hard working days
Supervisor security (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 April 2018
Working at Carlisle events for me personally was like another family . I have worked on and off with the same team for years and we know each other very well.

It at times is family oriented but very professional at the same time. The hardest part of the job could be at the times the long hours and getting new comers use to the workload and discipline when dealing with intoxicated members of the public.

A typical day at work begins the day before with a clean white shirt ironed out , polished shoes and black trousers in order to look the part and presentable. It this is not in order then you run the risk of being set home.

Management is fair but firm and the for me is being kept busy is the best part of the job for instance being in the search and talking customers as they come in.

The hardest part of the job are the early hour starts and late night finish as per event and client requirements. Which at times could be more than 16 hours a day 5 days straight but we endure with great teamwork.
Pros
Zero hour contracts long hours
Cons
not enough work at times
Excellent workplace
Projects Administrator (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire19 February 2018
this company is an amazing company. love working here. will always be grateful for this job. gives you over time.

they are always understnading in personal situations. good mentoring.
Pros
one hour lunch break
Cons
staff members are horrible
Opportunities to learn new skills
Revenue Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 January 2018
Shift pattern suited my lifestyle and I worked with a good team. I learnt a lot about myself and how to control myself in difficult situations. I also surprised myself at what situations I could deal with when remaining calm and working with in the policies and guidelines given during training. There could be more support from management. Hardest part of the job is dealing with people who are genuine in their reasons for not complying with railway bylaws but having to deal with them anyway due to being fair and consistent. Most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with the public and developing new knowledge and skills
Pros
New skills gained, good team work
Cons
Negative feedback from some members of the oublic and lack of management support
Friendly working atmosphere
security officer (Current Employee) –  London9 November 2017
- Each day we have new things to learn.
- Learned about interacting and helping the students about the requirement.
- Management is very kind and helpful.
- Work culture is great working in Carlisle.
- The hardest part of the job is working on night shifts.
- Each and every moment is enjoyable working for Carlise.
productive workplace
Safety Steward (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 November 2017
• Pre Match/Post Match conducting security checks on members of public and stadium.
• Spectator safety, assist in evacuation of spectators.
• Manned entrances/Exits, Monitor spectators.
• Directed spectators to desired locations.
Absolutely awful management are terrible
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Eurotunnel28 September 2017
Stay clear of this company!
Discussing management. Will refuse to help you in any way they can. Give you all the shifts you have asked not to have. Just overall awful
Pros
None.
Don't work for them
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pontefract25 September 2017
Put it this way I'd rather be dead then work for this company ever again! The manager is a bully and they under pay you plus don't give you the back up!
Ok
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside6 September 2017
This Company is what you would expected from a medium sized security company.

they value their officers and customers, however they lump a load of work onto their managers and in some cases expectations out weigh reality
Pros
Look after officer
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Work is fun
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 August 2017
I can not in good consonance put any review here that would be kind to the company or personnel outside of the team I have worked with for the last ten years
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Hours change constantly
It's good place
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Folkestone24 July 2017
Overall it is a secure job and is fun in meeting new people on the daily places with great people. As long as people are doing there job correct then there should be no problems the sight and everything runs smoothly
Fun workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 May 2017
During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my staff and assessing their progress on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Monday to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and meet once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week. I meet with smaller groups of my staff during the middle of the week to troubleshoot any issues.
Pros
Free Drinks some times
Cons
Long Hours
Good management, gives work to those who earn it
Safety Steward (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham16 March 2017
In my time working for Carlisle, I was a safety steward at horse race days and various other functions.

Although it was a zero hours contract at the time, I was often contacted early to see if I wanted to work for certain events as I'd shown I was reliable and was prepared for long shifts. So although the zero hours factor was a downside, it was countered by getting offered most of the jobs that came up at the venue I worked at.
Pros
Good team, hard work is rewarded
Cons
Can be dull, and sometimes long hours
goof company
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  watford1 March 2017
I was delivery driver for all London Midland stations.Summer time I even cut the grass,winter time I did winterisation
Ok Days
Event and Safety Supervisor/Mngt (Current Employee) –  London10 February 2017
I need to leave as i have been with the company for a long while. The progression and atmosphere has been ok at times, but i need a new environment of growth, high expectations and a pay packet which is delivered thru my success.
Pros
The expeience
Cons
No progress
Rubbish
Response and byelaw officetr (Former Employee) –  Liverpool9 April 2016
They are a rubbish firm to work for the management have no back bone wont support there staff or back them up. Stay well clear
Pros
Nono
Cons
Not wrth the mention
work
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  nationwide15 March 2016
work night shifts a lot to learn
good management
all co - worker are corporative
hardest part work at night shifts
enjoyable part was free breakfast from the company
Pros
good management
Cons
night shifts