Caring Homes Group Employee Reviews

Stay away if you value your registration
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marchglen1 December 2018
Assisting residents get ready for the day, administering prescribed medication, the home itself is lovely and purpose built. I learnt a lot working here. The manager on the other hand does not have a clue on how a home should be run, he lies to staff constantly and backtracks when found out on his lies. Top managers are aware of this but will do nothing as they dont want their Scottish homes reputation brought down. Total bullying culture.
Pros
Caring for sick vulnerable adults
very bad place to work
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire22 October 2018
Very bad place to work no support from management , never get paid correctly!
Done a lot of favour for company but when came to help me ...no respond ! very poor training for staff shame very nice people work there but management (head office) big mess never come back work for caring homes !
Pros
nice people work there
Cons
never get paid correctly !! Bad management, no support
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire20 October 2018
I'm currently working as a team Leader for Caring Homes at Guysfield and I'm enjoying it.

I've gained loads of experience such as drug administered trained, NVQ3 and all others trainings relevant to the care industry since I've started as a care assistant almost 9 years ago.

One of the best things about Guysfield is the culture. Lovely place to work in, great atmosphere, fantastic team effort and a fab manager who knows his staff and what is doing.

I will recommend it to anybody.
Caring by name and by nature
Learning and OD Manager (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex18 October 2018
My experience of working at Caring Homes Group is excellent. Every colleague that I have met, regardless of role and location is so helpful and keen to support me in my role here.
The recruitment process was simple and easy to make contact if I had any queries or concerns.
I received a full induction pack prior to my start date so I knew exactly where I was going and what I was doing not only on my first day, but for my first 6 weeks.
The senior teams are accessible and will listen to your thoughts and feedback and are wanting to make the company a better place.
I have the opportunity to get involved in a variety of tasks so no two days are the same!
As a support centre colleague I have had the opportunity to build up a good network of colleagues based in the homes and services and are welcome to visit and meet with the residents and colleagues at any time.
The recognition events that are held, are frequent and they really celebrate your success. Your hard work is recognised in a room with your peers and managers and can be a great way to network with other colleagues within the business.
Pros
Supportive and great recognition
Good workplace
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chipping Campden6 September 2018
Management is not very good but you have a lot to learn here, staff are amazing they do a hard job, caring but not very well paid. overall is nice and you gain a lot of experience
care assistaant days & nights (Former Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells29 August 2018
A nice Nursing Home,with nice carers. It has a lovely decked area for residents to sit & enjoy the out look of the garden. It gives great end of life care for residents,who wish to be comfortable. It has good room facilities, with most rooms having en-suites & quite spacious. They have a good choice of menu too.
fun place to work
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Oxted29 August 2018
very supportive workplace with flexible working hours and flexible staff team. always out in the community so never a boring moment. carer progressions is always available
Bad management!!!
RGN (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk21 August 2018
Manager doesn' t have any clue of what is doing, regional manager the same, does not care about staff, only about proffit.
More than 50% of staff left this place in 2..3 months since the new managers started woring at Ivy Court.
Official response from Caring Homes Group
12 November 2018

There have been some staffing changes recently, however we do have a kind and caring stable team, who are very passionate about caring for our residents.

It could be worse
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant8 August 2018
What can I say about mount pleasant ? Yes as a carer here it gets stressful, but doesn't it get stressful in What ever care setting you work in. Hand on heart every single carer in this home care a lot about the residence and only want the best for them. Yes there are problems within the home and these shouldn't be broadcasted over the internet. I do agree that the manager does need to try and be more of a manager and not everyone's friend, but this doesn't mean the manager of the home isn't good at her job as she does care, but there are favourites and I think it shows within the home. All departments have the same goals and all they want is the best for every resident within the home.
Pros
We do care
Cons
Carers need to be paid more
Not as bad as the reviews make out
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire27 July 2018
It is a residential home, it is busy and the majority of the staff are women who can gossip (is this really different to any other care environment?).
The home has suffered some negative reviews from staff who have left, this does not reflect the views of the other 50 or so staff who still work there. Several staff have left and come back after realising the grass is not always greener on the other side.
The majority of staff work well together and work hard. The departments within the home work well together and will support each other when needed, for example kitchen and housekeeping team will often be seen supporting Service Users if Care staff are busy, The administrator will take the tea trolley round to help out.
The pay is not the best - national living wage but extra shifts do offer a small enhancement.
The home is currently recruiting to increase the number of carers on each shift and I think they need to know that it is not a bad place to work!
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay, not always able to take breaks
Would not recommend this place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire19 July 2018
This is not a nice place and is not run properly the staff do what they want and rule the manager she has no back bone and doesn’t sort problems and also isn’t confidential and there’s a lack of staff for the residents they have a lot of staff leave because of the way it’s run and some of the staff there push other members of staff to leave and i don’t know why some of the carers are there they clearly don’t care about the residents i would not recommend working here or putting some one in here it’s the worse care home i know
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
A manager who doesn’t manager the place it needs a new one some one who has a back bone
Friendly and supportive
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hillside care home, Sudbury16 June 2018
Truly enjoy working with residents and staff at Hillside, nice place to work.

Always enjoy going to work and feeling part of a team, nothing is too much trouble for anyone
Pros
Working with the elderly
Lovely residents and very friendly staff
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, Suffolk13 June 2018
I’ve been working for CHG for almost 5 years. Very lovey residents and staff. Supporting management, willing to help every time. Full training given when I was starting and regular updates since.
Lots of work, but very rewarding.
Pros
Friendly staff, lovey residents, supporting management
Cons
Lots of hours
Working for bradbury house
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Braintree, Essex25 May 2018
I have been working here for over a year and since i have progressed in my role from activity to care, the mangment are always helpful and the staff work as a team. Everytime im in there is always a happy environment. I would not want to work anywere else.
Pros
Great staff
Love my job
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Braintree, Essex25 May 2018
I currently work at Bradbury House in Braintree as a senior care assistant, I love my job, the team that work here are great and very friendly, the manager is always helpful and is very friendly as well as there whenever you need her. The home itself is lovely and such a homely home, used to work at another care home and so happy that I transferred to Bradbury House as I’m very happy where I am and hope to be here for a very long time.
Excellent team environment..
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire23 May 2018
Supporting service users who suffer with Prader Willi Syndrome. Assisting each individual with their day to day routine. This includes specific meal preparation, medication dispensing, daily social activities, attending interviews/appointments, personal care, diet plans etc..
Pros
Excellent team, varied hours, and each days different.
Cons
Weekend and late night working.
Pleasant place with caring people involved
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey18 May 2018
The home has bags of character. All staff are welcoming to new starters and supportive. The Home Manager cares and supports all that work and live in the home. Support from external Managers is good. Head Office support is of a high standard. Training from the company is exceptional. Lovely Home
Pros
Good culture. Friendly and kind staff. Great training systems. Lovely home.
Cons
Certain areas in need of updating.
Appalling management
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey16 May 2018
Horrible place to work. Causes nothing but stress. Impossible to be happy in a place like this. Under staffed and underpaid. Couldn’t think of a worse place to work. Beautiful home but it’s just a disguise to what happens behind closed doors
Pros
Good team
Cons
Long hours, constantly patronised by management. Never listened too. No support there whatsoever
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset1 May 2018
Good place to work, nice staff, love speaking to the residents! Everyone is so friendly! And made you feel welcome. The pay wasn't too bad and the whole place is environmentally friendly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Nurses
Mundane hoopjumping
Operative worker (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire26 April 2018
If you want a job which leaves you unforfilled, constantly battling for basic stuffs, repettertive tasks which irregardless of faults found take months if not years to rectify, feeling the want to get out after a year or so because the same snowball just a differant financial year, listening to staff moan about how short staffed they are, being put into positions that perhaps i should never have been put in, The better jobs were outside away from the chaos, dust & smells.
Pros
clocking off time
Cons
Clocking in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caring Homes Group. Our community is ready to answer.