Caring Homes Group Employee Reviews

Would not recommend this place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire19 July 2018
This is not a nice place and is not run properly the staff do what they want and rule the manager she has no back bone and doesn’t sort problems and also isn’t confidential and there’s a lack of staff for the residents they have a lot of staff leave because of the way it’s run and some of the staff there push other members of staff to leave and i don’t know why some of the carers are there they clearly don’t care about the residents i would not recommend working here or putting some one in here it’s the worse care home i know
Pros
Nothing at all
Cons
A manager who doesn’t manager the place it needs a new one some one who has a back bone
Friendly and supportive
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hillside care home, Sudbury16 June 2018
Truly enjoy working with residents and staff at Hillside, nice place to work.

Always enjoy going to work and feeling part of a team, nothing is too much trouble for anyone
Pros
Working with the elderly
Lovely residents and very friendly staff
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, Suffolk13 June 2018
I’ve been working for CHG for almost 5 years. Very lovey residents and staff. Supporting management, willing to help every time. Full training given when I was starting and regular updates since.
Lots of work, but very rewarding.
Pros
Friendly staff, lovey residents, supporting management
Cons
Lots of hours
Working for bradbury house
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Braintree, Essex25 May 2018
I have been working here for over a year and since i have progressed in my role from activity to care, the mangment are always helpful and the staff work as a team. Everytime im in there is always a happy environment. I would not want to work anywere else.
Pros
Great staff
Love my job
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Braintree, Essex25 May 2018
I currently work at Bradbury House in Braintree as a senior care assistant, I love my job, the team that work here are great and very friendly, the manager is always helpful and is very friendly as well as there whenever you need her. The home itself is lovely and such a homely home, used to work at another care home and so happy that I transferred to Bradbury House as I’m very happy where I am and hope to be here for a very long time.
Cons
Pleasant place with caring people involved
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey18 May 2018
The home has bags of character. All staff are welcoming to new starters and supportive. The Home Manager cares and supports all that work and live in the home. Support from external Managers is good. Head Office support is of a high standard. Training from the company is exceptional. Lovely Home
Pros
Good culture. Friendly and kind staff. Great training systems. Lovely home.
Cons
Certain areas in need of updating.
Appalling management
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey16 May 2018
Horrible place to work. Causes nothing but stress. Impossible to be happy in a place like this. Under staffed and underpaid. Couldn’t think of a worse place to work. Beautiful home but it’s just a disguise to what happens behind closed doors
Pros
Good team
Cons
Long hours, constantly patronised by management. Never listened too. No support there whatsoever
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset1 May 2018
Good place to work, nice staff, love speaking to the residents! Everyone is so friendly! And made you feel welcome. The pay wasn't too bad and the whole place is environmentally friendly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Nurses
Mundane hoopjumping
Operative worker (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire26 April 2018
If you want a job which leaves you unforfilled, constantly battling for basic stuffs, repettertive tasks which irregardless of faults found take months if not years to rectify, feeling the want to get out after a year or so because the same snowball just a differant financial year, listening to staff moan about how short staffed they are, being put into positions that perhaps i should never have been put in, The better jobs were outside away from the chaos, dust & smells.
Pros
clocking off time
Cons
Clocking in
Poor Management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey25 April 2018
Do not care about staff.
Incompetent people in HQ. No human interface only book warms.
At home level managers are not given thier responsibility but regional level controls.
Terrible management who treat staff horrendously
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  Attleborough12 April 2018
Never worked in a place like it management can’t organise things properly Deputy has no respect never felt so uncomfortable not worth applying for. Would honestly stay well clear place is a joke
Pros
Lovely residents and some colleagues
Cons
Management and the deputy
Official response from Caring Homes Group
3 May 2018

Thank you for your comments, if you would like to raise these issues please contact your regional manager who will be able to take this further on your behalf.

Lack of everything.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winshill6 April 2018
This company has little not none care for their staff or residents

Bare minimum equipment if it's in date that is

Expects you to cover all shifts even if you have plans

Constant gossip
Pros
Cons
Everyrhin
Not a very nice place to be
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent28 March 2018
Never have I ever worked for such a poor company residents get neglected because of poor staffing levels an the staff try there hardest constantly run off feet the workload is ridiculous never get breaks yet other depratments are always on a perminemt break you have it cushy if your face fits .. one rule for some an different for others never any thanks for anything penalise people massively if they dare to have a life outside of work expect to work every hour under the sun don’t understand that you have family or a life constant phone calls on your days off management well ...
Pros
There is none
Cons
Everything the company can’t even provide enough staff or equipment
Worst company
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire24 February 2018
Bad management seen four managers change in a space of a year. Always short staffed management didn’t care nurses over worked had carers having to work in the kitchen because of short staffed. Never get the wages right. Very clicky if you complain nothing gets done pay is rubbish and they expect you to pay for your lunch if you do a 12 hour shift.
Pros
Resigning
Cons
Management not well lead, short staffed, not paid properly, overworked, always got an excuse
Really disappointing
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  England23 February 2018
The management are very tight knit, so any problems get downplayed or disregarded. We have been warned against putting bad reviews so I will not disclose my location but I am a support worker. Best thing are the people we support, make it worth while. Training is terrible and no sick pay makes the job precarious for me. Quite a bullying p!ace, never addressed though. Probably other workplaces in the group are not this bad. Sorry not to disclose my location afraid of repercussions.
Pros
The supported individuals
Cons
Lack of support
Terrible management
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rendlesham19 January 2018
The care colleagues and residents are absolutely fantastic however outside of the ward and from the management side you have an aggressive person with no idea how the ward is run however seems intent on upsetting every member of staff where possible! Don't get ill it's not accepted, don't say no to overtime it's frowned upon, don't expect breaks you get 40 minutes in a 12 hour shift!
Pros
residents and colleagues
Cons
long hours, like being at school, poor management, poor work life balance
productive
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol10 December 2017
Lovely environment to work in, sometimes stressful, hours suited me perfectly. The residents were so funny and were lovely to spend time with. Lovely management.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
gossip
No care in caring homes.
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton, Greater London30 November 2017
I worked for caring homes for a year. Although it was a rewarding job the company is shocking. In 1 year I saw 4 different managers come and go. Multiple staff being thrown out. The wage is minimum and the ‘regular pay review’ was 1% after a year. It’s a terrible company to work for. Leaving this company was the best decision I made.
Registered nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  St Albans14 November 2017
The best company .I had a good training and support from them .A good environment to work and to improve my skills.Thank you for this opportunity!I recommend!
Pros
Training
Challenging work life
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rendlesham22 October 2017
It's a very rewarding job but like all job roles it has its difficulties. There is a lot more that goes into providing care to others and effective communication and respect for colleagues is a very important aspect of working life.
Pros
Staff are trained to a high standard and have the opportunity for progression and further training
Cons
Heavily understaffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caring Homes Group. Our community is ready to answer.