Carillion plc Employee Reviews

good job
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Southampton5 September 2018
this job was a good job with good instructors but the company is no longer tradeing but overall it was a good company to work for and would recomend to anyone
Pros
good teachers
Good employer
Customer service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire13 August 2018
• To deal with both inbound and make outgoing calls to manage any of issue covered in the Virgin Media/Direct Line facilities management contracts, from site security intruder alarms to all building and fabric/ mechanical and electrical issues.
• To communicate with site and area managers, to ensure there remains a healthy relationship between the helpdesk and area mangers, and also they are being regularly updated on the status of each site.
• Ensuring all office policies and government laws are adhered e.g data protection act.
Badly run and now insolvent company
Estimator (Former Employee) –  King's Cross, Greater London20 July 2018
I worked with them for 6 years, in which time I progressed and enjoyed working on several different sites. Unfortunately the company was very badly run at the top level and is now insolvent.
Pros
They paid for train travel
Cons
They are now in liquidation
Excellect
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 June 2018
Workers and management including HR staff during my time with carillion, expriences over the years. Day to day business representing a firm that stand for delivering excellect customering services too clients in blue chips and local firms, supporting and maintaining in there day too day running.
Pros
work steady
Cons
same like every other organisation
One mans view.
Professional A1 Assessor - Tutor (Former Employee) –  Southampton UK4 June 2018
Those who Live by the sword die by the sword.One is best to work to ones own standard and focus on the outcomes and not just the bottom line.In our case the apprentice's we where training.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Not so good people to work for.
Good staff, poor senior management
Operations Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 June 2018
I worked with a great team of people, and supervising management was very good. However progression prospects were poor and i felt undervalued by more senior management. The CEO also turned out to be very dishonest.
teamwork
Building Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland23 May 2018
very good company , looked after their staff, like all big companies could be a bit clueless at times , but they bought into the whole duty of care over employees and development
Pros
easy company to deal with !
Cons
qoute " Thats not my job " heard this every day !
Control room operator
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent21 May 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. Great team and good management. It was sad it came to an end with company been liquidated. Hours good pension good
Pros
Wages and hours
Cons
Company bust
Productive and fun place
DOCUMENT CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 May 2018
Workplace culture was good.
Had a lot of support
Team support environment
Opportunity for grow and advancement
Team involve in charity
Line Management support
Pros
A great place to work
Cons
Salary and Benefits
This site runs well
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire15 April 2018
Good site with a good client relationship. worked well with staff and client and built up a good rapport, sadly spoilt by events with carillio,
However time for a change and want to move to Norfolk or Suffolk to be nearer partner
Pros
Good job
good place to work
Business Development (Government & Defence) (Former Employee) –  London7 April 2018
I enjoyed my time there before the business went into liquidation.
the work life balance was good and the people I worked with were amazing. a great work winning department.
Great Team Culture & Spirit of Togetherness
Director (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 March 2018
Until liquidation, a great place to work, achieve and succeed. Although corporately values driven , these did not translate at executive level, thus staff undervalued.
Pros
Ethos of Customer Service
Cons
Lack of Recognition/Reward
Brilliant
Bricklayer Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire19 March 2018
It’s a good company to work for very nice people that work for them just want a career that is meant for me I don’t think working on a building site was for me to be honest but I like to try new things and be able to do well for my family
Professional and Friendly
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire19 March 2018
The Company was always professional with the management being supportive, they recognised peoples skill-sets and provided opportunities to further those skills.

The company's values were "We care, We Achieve together, We Deliver and We Improve" and staff lived by these values.

The workplace was busy and friendly, dealing with and resolving issues and providing training and guidance where necessary.

The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing knowledge.
Pros
Free Refreshments, Employee Benefits Scheme
Cons
Travelling and long hours
Excellent people
Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire15 March 2018
During the 10 years working with Carillion I enjoyed my time overall and the company showed a Genuine interest in the personal development and progress of their people.
good company
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford13 March 2018
the job at carillion PLC is good company and really good payroll as well. when i work as catering is good because i learn how to open the restaurant n prepare food serving costumer n cash up the till.
Extremely busy environment
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manchester12 March 2018
Everyday is a new challenge, work and environment changes.
Learned a great deal about cost control and Project Management.
Had a really good Project manager who looked after his staff
Safety 1st
Keeping calm when designs are late, and keeping the client happy when they keep making last minute changes.
Seeing the completed product and trains running on time and safely.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Human Resources
Really good
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Tyburn3 March 2018
learnt a lot whilst i was at Carillion, with an amazing teacher, guiding me through all the basics and help, pushing me through to my course, my short but amazing tenure with Carillion is why i am still keen on finding work as a carpenter. The course was very well planned out and thought through, the hours werent too bad and the overall learning experience was fantastic. An average day was turning up at 8 in the morning and doing some basic classroom work before continuing on in the workshop,
Pros
the teaching was amazing, and gave me a reason to enjoy going in.
Cons
wasnt paid for the first 15 weeks of the course.
I am thankful for my time spent at Carillion
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London24 February 2018
I spent some of the best time in my professional life whilst with the company. The work environment, team environment and carrying out duties was a great experience that I did not wish to leave. Unfortunately the company is now in liquidation, due to poor management.
Pros
Pay is always precise and on time
Cons
Poor Management
good place to work everyday was different and fun
Ground Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 February 2018
every day was different but there wasn't a boring day constantly moving and doing stuff keeping busy i was a fun place to be and made work more enjoyable and everyone got on mad life easier and good working in teams.
Pros
constantly busy