Carillion plc Employee Reviews

This site runs well
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire15 April 2018
Good site with a good client relationship. worked well with staff and client and built up a good rapport, sadly spoilt by events with carillio,
However time for a change and want to move to Norfolk or Suffolk to be nearer partner
Pros
Good job
good place to work
Business Development (Government & Defence) (Former Employee) –  London7 April 2018
I enjoyed my time there before the business went into liquidation.
the work life balance was good and the people I worked with were amazing. a great work winning department.
Brilliant
Bricklayer Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire19 March 2018
It’s a good company to work for very nice people that work for them just want a career that is meant for me I don’t think working on a building site was for me to be honest but I like to try new things and be able to do well for my family
Professional and Friendly
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire19 March 2018
The Company was always professional with the management being supportive, they recognised peoples skill-sets and provided opportunities to further those skills.

The company's values were "We care, We Achieve together, We Deliver and We Improve" and staff lived by these values.

The workplace was busy and friendly, dealing with and resolving issues and providing training and guidance where necessary.

The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing knowledge.
Pros
Free Refreshments, Employee Benefits Scheme
Cons
Travelling and long hours
Excellent people
Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire15 March 2018
During the 10 years working with Carillion I enjoyed my time overall and the company showed a Genuine interest in the personal development and progress of their people.
good company
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford13 March 2018
the job at carillion PLC is good company and really good payroll as well. when i work as catering is good because i learn how to open the restaurant n prepare food serving costumer n cash up the till.
Extremely busy environment
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manchester12 March 2018
Everyday is a new challenge, work and environment changes.
Learned a great deal about cost control and Project Management.
Had a really good Project manager who looked after his staff
Safety 1st
Keeping calm when designs are late, and keeping the client happy when they keep making last minute changes.
Seeing the completed product and trains running on time and safely.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Human Resources
Really good
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Tyburn3 March 2018
learnt a lot whilst i was at Carillion, with an amazing teacher, guiding me through all the basics and help, pushing me through to my course, my short but amazing tenure with Carillion is why i am still keen on finding work as a carpenter. The course was very well planned out and thought through, the hours werent too bad and the overall learning experience was fantastic. An average day was turning up at 8 in the morning and doing some basic classroom work before continuing on in the workshop,
Pros
the teaching was amazing, and gave me a reason to enjoy going in.
Cons
wasnt paid for the first 15 weeks of the course.
I am thankful for my time spent at Carillion
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London24 February 2018
I spent some of the best time in my professional life whilst with the company. The work environment, team environment and carrying out duties was a great experience that I did not wish to leave. Unfortunately the company is now in liquidation, due to poor management.
Pros
Pay is always precise and on time
Cons
Poor Management
good place to work everyday was different and fun
Ground Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 February 2018
every day was different but there wasn't a boring day constantly moving and doing stuff keeping busy i was a fun place to be and made work more enjoyable and everyone got on mad life easier and good working in teams.
Pros
constantly busy
Cons
Co workers are a great team
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 February 2018
Site level was a very hard working team, striving to reach the end goal in the most safe and efficient way. I enjoyed working at a large project which brought different challenges every day.
I have enjoyed working at Carillion as it gave me the opportunity to learn a completely job and a new computer system.
Customer Services, Customer Representative Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chorlton, Greater Manchester1 February 2018
Report named "jip" emailed out to everyone, from this report I would filter out my group suppliers.

Next important step would be to highlight the most important jobs ensuring they are the first to be highlighted and followed up. All relevant suppliers or engineers must be assigned to carry out jobs at all affected sites

I learnt the importance of ensuring engineers and suppliers carry out work to the highest standard as most of the jobs could directly affect members of the public. I also learnt o use 3 different computer systems

Management were always on hand to aid with any difficulties

Workplace culture accuracy, efficiency and professionalism in all aspects of the role

Hardest part of the job was ensuring that the monthly statutory jobs were completed to target and all the correct reports issued. The difficulty was due mainly to the fact, that we were always at the mercy of suppliers completing jobs on time or to target as had been promised

The most enjoyable time was at month end when final reports shows that all targets had been met, and if any had not been met it was out of one's control
Pros
N/a
Cons
Able to choose part time hours worked
Insolvent
Customer Security Manager (Current Employee) –  North East30 January 2018
Carillion is now an insolvent company. I really enjoyed my time at Carillion however it is no more and must move on. The people were great and worked to achieve good things.
Cec
R&T Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire29 January 2018
Amazing place to work with a highly motivated and engaged team.
Award winning Customer Experience Centre.
Open and honest culture. Great training and support.
Pros
People
Cons
No parking
Great company
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire26 January 2018
Great company and atmosphere on the evening and nights team.
No two days ever the same.
Great diverse team, interesting job, would not be looking to leave if the circumstances were different.
Worst Company i have ever worked for
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  National Contract26 January 2018
Arrogant, unprofessional, incompetent. All I heard from day one is 'you are not Carillionised' well thank god for that as they are the most useless bunch of people I have ever worked with in my life. Every single department within this company absolutely useless!
No surprise whatsoever that they have gone under. It had to happen, there senior manager & directors could not run a bath let alone a contract or company.
Even in Liquidation the directors are blaming the subcontractors who are never going to be paid for not playing ball! The arrogance is beyond belief.
I feel sorry for the workers on the ground only, as for there directors & senior management no sympathy whatsoever. They brought this company to its knees through the arrogant culture they created.

GOOD RIDDANCE TO CORRUPT CARILLION!!!
Pros
Cons
The whole company
Excellent
Vehicle administrator (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands23 January 2018
The unit where I work is an excellent place to work, the staff are friendly and always willing to help. We have a great team and a great management team around us. The day starts busy by catching up on any emails that remained from the day before, then we go onto booking in cars that have come in then uploading onto the system.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor overall mangement
Not the best time to ask this question
Customer Solutions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire22 January 2018
I am currently looking for work as Carillion has gone into liquidation, so this is probably not a fair or just time to ask me to review them as a company.
Pros
I loved it whilst it lasted
Cons
It's in liquidation
Excellent Team, knowledgeable and great projects
Graduate Quantity Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Nationwide22 January 2018
Fantastic job as a QS working on exciting projects and given the trust to manage my own workload. Colleagues are professional and knowledgeable with many years of experience.

Just a shame the company is now in liquidation
Pros
Great team and atmosphere
Cons
Poorly run from the top, now in liquidation
Zone Manager (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Terminal 321 January 2018
Good colleagues
Nice atmosphere
Design uniform
Good flexible contract
....because Company is under liquidation unfortunately i must find something new....
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Bankrut