Cargill Employee Reviews

Found 67 reviews matching the search See all 3,468 reviews
Flexible
Sub Region Category Buyer (Current Employee) –  Manchester7 February 2019
Cargill is a great place to work, its in transition hence many opportunities to implement new idaes and strategies
Work and family life balance
flexible working enviornment
Pros
Free training and personal development support
Cons
long hours and complex management structure
Awful place to work
OIperator (Former Employee) –  wolverhmpton23 January 2019
Was told it was a caring place with training to come and helpful office and management staff
In practice I never saw the trainer for more than 15 minutes in 12 weeks and then it was only to cover the legalities , management were all depressed with the place and not very helpful or friendly , rarely see them on a shift
Human Resources although friendly they just do not want to come down onto the shop floor but cannot really blame them for that given what is hidden from visitors view
They will take anyone so desperate are the managers to get staff to turn up no matter how bad they are
Meant to be really clean but actually I doubt I will ever eat fast food chicken again wash down day is awful really awful
Pay is rarely correct and managers dont sort it out as you cannot speak to them during shift due to wearing ear mufflers and protective gear which you have to take off and back on again after each break IF they remember your break on a 12 hour shift.
Meant to be clean , safe and friendly but in fact is very much the opposite with many temp staff not able to speak English hardly so communication is pretty much by hand gestures , safety and cleanliness does not exist for the most part and permanent staff all hate the job and want to leave its an awful awful atmosphere
No bank holidays as it runs 24 hours 365 days

Nothing really to recommend it it will destroy your love of eating chicken for sure and maybe your life to avoid this place honestly unless you are homeless and just arrived in the country with no other prospects it is beyond any doubt the worst place I
  more... have seen up to yet  less
Pros
You get to see what one of the the worst places to work is like I guess
Cons
Cold and Wet Long Hours too
Productive and fun workplace
Factory Supply (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire1 November 2018
I worked there for more than 10 years.
I have learned a lot there and treated everyone with respect.
For everyone, safety was in the first place.
Employer worth recommending.
Avoid at all costs
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands10 October 2018
Factory floor staff make you think the human race is in a state of decline. Horrific place to work. Got straight out. Rampant bullying. Terrible attitudes. Just all round vile. I hope to never experience anything like it again. Office staff are cool and kind. Production floor, there are not words... Honestly. Never before seen anything like it and hope to never again. The work is extremely dull. Half of management need to go for letting it get the way it is and majority of staff need to go and start again. Avoid at all costs. Unless you're about to become homeless then avoid. Worst place of work in all my working life. Oh and the place is basically prison...
Pros
Absolutely nothing.
Cons
Rampant bullying.
Terrible place to work
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands19 July 2018
I allowed myself to get talked into what i was thought was a decent place to work,when i was actually there it turned out to be completly different.I found myself working with people who don't care less about you,i was made to feel uncomfortable and isolated. It is a very toxic environment there that should be avoided at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Nice canteen
Nice place to work
Food manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Liverpool15 June 2018
Its a clean place with nice people , good monei and big brakes ................ gooooodddd jooobbb. . . . .
good job
Farm Manager (Former Employee) –  Shropshire3 June 2018
i had a really good experience but wanted to further my career in other aspects of poultry, sometimes it was hard to make HR understand farm life and could be frustrating but other than that it was a good company to work for.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
poor management
productive
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire2 June 2018
Im gonna keep it to myself
busy days at warehouse
the most enjoyable part of my work are the breakes
i learned quite few things like every place i worked before
Biggest private company in the world
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands21 March 2018
Typical large company with overly bureaucratic approach which does not suit fast track construction projects requiring quick decisions, especially on cost issues.
An ever changing large multinational where no one day is the same as another. A great company to work with despite feeling a little unfamiliar of late
Account Manager UK & Ireland (Current Employee) –  Evert van de Beekstraat 378, 1118 CZ Schiphol28 February 2018
Cargill PLC was the first company i joined after Leaving College and thankfully joining this company was and i believe always will be one of the best decisions i make in my working Life. Joining the company at a young age with no experience and having no idea what i wanted to do with my life, Cargill helped me find my feet and gain the experience required to really progress and develop myself.

I had the opportunities to really move around within the business in order to pick up and develop new skills, to get accustomed being 'thrown in the deep end' and learning to cope with situations i originally would not of found to be comfortable. I believe the freedom and exposure given to me by Cargill has been crucial in my personal development.

Each team i have worked within at Cargill has not only been enjoyable and comfortable but also extremely knowledgeable and willing to help others. The amount of time colleagues were happy to take out of their days to help me in my earlier years was unbelievable and one of my largest motivators for work was because i felt valued within teams i appreciated.

Unfortunately, due to a large number of changes happening throughout Cargill in recent years, the general Culture of the business and the atmosphere seems to have changed which in my opinion has been for the worse (from an employee relation's aspect). I believe that the changes have been made with good intentions but maybe to many in a short period of time, leading to a positive impact on overall results but a high rate of short term employee turnover.

For me this has led to understanding
  more... i would have limited progression unless I was happy to commit to working out of one of the two main European offices but also feeling disconnected from teams I previously would of been much closer to. I think the centralization of a lot of aspects of the business has created barriers between teams and where in the past there would of been well kept, local relations, it now seems as if each and every team works only for themselves.

Overall my experience with Cargill has been very positive. I have very fond memories that i will keep with me forever and i am grateful for some of the life changing experiences i went through to kick start my career. My only real negative of the company is that the focus on centralization to cut costs and improve results has seemed to changed the general culture, at least in the short term.
Operative
Operative worker (Current Employee) –  Hereford25 February 2018
It is a friendly company and they support your employees .
sometimes we work hard but always in team work .
The little problem is the Management need to improve
Productive and efficient workplace
Tax Administrator (Former Employee) –  Weybridge17 January 2018
Cargill is an excellent and exciting company. It is one of the biggest privately owned multinationals in the world. It's training programmes are first class and it takes care of its employees.
great workplace
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cobham, Surrey1 December 2017
really good team spirit. great management.good support from management and co workers. the location was good although they have since moved. i would recommend the company.
Long term employer
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  England11 November 2017
Very good job and nice people. The job and atmosphere is very easy. They pay is good as well. I was taught many things. My friends also work for Cargill in POland.
Couldnt fault it
Process Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands1 November 2017
I started as a line operative and by the time I had left I was looking after SAP within the whole factory. Didn't really have good manager as he was clueless but pay was pretty good for working 4 on 4 off
Pros
4 on 4 off shifts
Cons
No on site admin as such
Bullying and discrimination
Quality (Current Employee) –  Liverpool Speke15 October 2017
Dressed up as a company that cares this company very much doesn't care. They don't think twice about redundancy the culture is awful and no one seems to care. Strong culture of bullying and discrimination.
Pros
Cons
Attitude
International group
Interim QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Newent, Gloucestershire21 September 2017
Too less time spent to write a review

However multiple retail supplier with strong relationship with suppliers and customers

Site was handling poultry only as slaughter, cut and pack for various customers.
Very bad
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire11 July 2017
Work in cold conditions
Very bad atmosfe
Very bad attitude towards people, pay is an hour and the requirements are according to the target which is not legal
used to be a fun place
Chicken Sexer (Former Employee) –  Herefordshire9 July 2017
used to be a great company who focused on the workers.
once Cargill took over it was all about profit.
all the fun was taken away.
Even used to have free fun days but again they all stopped
Pros
good rates of pay
Cons
hours can often change- very demanding
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Hereford, Herefordshire22 June 2017
Good workforce, Happy people, good job, always something to do, never not working, positive people and the way everyone gets up in the morning and get to work long hours is amazing.
Pros
fine
Cons
fine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cargill. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K