Carewatch Employee Reviews

Disgusting company and management
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Glenrothes, Fife28 December 2018
Worked with this company for a year. I won't ever go back into care because I'm so disgusted in the way these companies are run..and they are all the same..believe me.
They allow bullying from the office staff and allow the clients to treat the care worker as they please because they will do anything to shut them up and shut us up.
Zero hour contracts and no travel time between clients and can give you 7 or 8 15 minute slots from one end of town to the next..impossible!..you find yourself breaking the law speeding because you can't possibly get from 1 client to the next and give the care required then at the next clients all in 15 minutes.. disgraceful and to only get paid contact time is an outrage!..one of the most underrated jobs..too much work.resposiblity.pressure and stress for peanuts!.
It wouldn't be so bad if the management were supportive but not much chance of that as every one of them was worse than the next.The person who does the Rota is a disgrace too and never even tried to accommodate me by trying to give a stable(ish) Rota.. clients were left with no idea who was coming and it upset them..it upset me too!..start work at 7 am and have intermittent clients and finish at 6pm so basically all day and the most I'd come out with was 700 a month..cant pay rent and petrol and bills and live of that!..stay clear of carewatch!..they will grind you down so you won't be able to even think straight half the time..if I could give this company an even lower score than 1 I would...STEER CLEAR!
Pros
Cons
Whole company
Bullies
Carer (Former Employee) –  Sussex6 December 2018
Terrible manger nasty piece of work avoid at all costs don't pay you properly bully you into working on your day of coordinstores and manger to familiar with each other inside and outside work
Pros
Being outside
Dont bother
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds And Bradford, Yorkshire29 November 2018
Advertises free DBS and uniform...lies. £80 upfront payment on first day of training.
Advertises great pay...lies. £8.15 an hour but only when in a clients home. Not paid your travel.
Advertised plently of work....lies. Sat at home waiting 2 weeks for any work to come through.
Rude staff who thinks its ok to ignor your calls, never call you back either.
Pros
The clients are lovely
Cons
Everthing else
Busy Care Agency
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire28 November 2018
A typical day at Carewatch was very busy travelling from home to home in my car and I get as many hours as I want. The care coordinators are very busy and can sometimes appear short on the phone but only because they to have so much to do. The teams are lovely. I enjoyed the induction training and then the opportunity to meet other carers who taught me a lot and deliver excellent care to our customers. I always get support when I needed it. My mileage and salary is always correct and I make great use of the perks of the job such as the free smart phone with a personal use call and data allowance.
Pros
Flexible hours. Lots of hours. Great training.
Cons
Getting in and out of my car all day!
edwinstowe
Carer worker (Former Employee) –  Edwinstowe, Nottinghamshire7 November 2018
Carers gave their all for this company service users were brilliant but management rubbish at edwinstowe including seniors it dont help when daughter of manager is in office and they are both dissing carers off ,manager cuts hours down if you complain never help you at all not enoughbreaks during a long day no respect for carers just dissed off in the office not professional at all
Pros
no pro
Cons
lots of cons
Fun and caring
CARE CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire26 October 2018
It was a nice and heart warming career. Looking after people in need and being able to make them smile felt the best at the end. A little help the old makes it a better place to be.
Very sly, underhand and run by cowboys
Head office worker (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 October 2018
As a head office worker; if you are looking for a company who respect their employees and care, you're in the wrong place.

The upper levels of management are very sly and underhand in their management of their staff. This is marginally diluted by a few very good and loyal lower levels of management.

IT in the business is an absolute joke. It is run by monkeys and Invoices with contractors don't get paid and therefore the systems are constantly down and you are under pressure to deliver during the times it is up. The added pressure to deliver is not in the smallest part welcomed or thanked.
Pros
Leaving at 5pm
Cons
Being employed
Avoid at all costs worst company ever
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland5 October 2018
Unorganised poor pay out in all weathers. Staff in office overworked under organised. No communication, No help no support. Travelling time between clients a joke. Not enough time with clients to get work done. Office constantly short staffed. People leaving constantly. Staff stabbing each other in the back. Constantly changing rotas. Poor management skills. Lack of communication with staff. No help or support when needed. Very long hours little or no breaks or long gaps in between starting early in the morning finishing very late. Exhausting and stressful.

Forced to work when ill no sympathy. Vindictive malicous and downright ignorant office staff, Changing rotas constantly one week lots of hours long hours. Next week no hours. Zero hour contracts though was promised full time hours. Walking for hours of the day in all weathers, No double up runs as promised, Poor pay mix up in wages. Lack of any sort of help from staff, Having to call office numerous times getting no answer repeatedly.

Service users were lovely, though was put in with someone who should have been a double up due to condition, left to cope. No training. Login and out of service users homes. Only get paid for the time in service users homes. No travelling time. Money very poor and not enough to make a wage.

Dont work for this company they dont care about the staff or the service users.
Pros
Service Users
Cons
Everything else about this company is a joke.
Never felt so under valued.
Ex emoloyee (Former Employee) –  Dudley4 October 2018
Where do I begin? Applied for this job and was very proud I'd got it, now I've left I realise they will literally take anyone on they are that desperate for staff.

Promised the world at interview and training, was told I would have support and that they would 'train me' was sent on calls to change stoma bags 3 weeks after joining after having no training or even warning what so ever.

Shadowing was good, the only good thing I got from this company was the carers I met and had the pleasure to work with along the way and of course, the service users.

Management? Well, that's a complete shambles! I originally wanted 20 hours as I have 3 young children and a partner who also works full time. This slowly crept up to over 40 hours a week. If I called up they would cut my hours right down to 2-3 hours a week to be spiteful. Then soon on the phone when they needed cover! I travelled miles out of area for this company on a regular basis and it was never appreciated. Id go in the office for supplies to hear them slagging the carers off after they'd got off the phone to them. Such an unprofessional, unfriendly company and I would strongly advise to steer clear unless you have no children, friends, family or a life!
Pros
Service users
Cons
Everything else
moderate
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea City30 September 2018
okay to work for, clients and colleagues very friendly, management very poor and not friendly at all. management would slag off about employees infront of anyone.
Clients are wonderful and grateful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 September 2018
I lasted one day! I walked for 7 hours and only got paid for 2 hours 40 mins. I had calls on the evening and they was taken from me without any notice so I was left worrying about clients. No communication from the office. No bad word about anyone who I worked with but the office side of things is very unorganised. Such a shame as I would have enjoyed working here. Heard loads of bad reviews but I gave it a chance, lesson learned!
Pros
Clients are really greatfull and sweet
Cons
Only get paid second you walk in a house, too much walking in so little time
Challenging, but can teach you the life
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 September 2018
Changing rotas, always running, clients waiting and then... a smile. Care Watch is big, London is huge, but life is the same every were. If you want to learn the life from a different perspective, well, give this job and this company a go. One day you will uderstand how much you did the right thing.
A good place to work
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire3 September 2018
providing care for clients in their own homes, assisting with personal care, shopping tasks, social calls,domestic calls preparing meals and assisting with medication.
Pros
nice company to work for
Cons
not enough hours
Flexible hours, home visits
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames6 August 2018
Quite rewarding for drivers wirh their own car, might be tiring if you are not a car owner. Home visits of elderly people - assisting them mainly in the mornings and evwnings, occasionally lunch times.
Pros
Working on your own
Cons
Moving from place to place
poor
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldbury31 July 2018
Very unsupportive company. Expects you to work 24 hours a day for minimum wage. Calls were all over the place and the management were very rude. While I was there there were no career progressions and as soon as I passed my driving test I had even more calls put onto me that were further away moving me from clients I had built a bond with.
Horrible pace to work for
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire25 July 2018
Absolutely disgusting the way mangers treat you long hours not enough pay, hours cut because you need time off and even when you have a family emergency they will question you about it, they also discriminate against religion all they care about is the money wouldn't recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Cons
Hours, pay, managment
Nice Clients, Poor Management
Care and Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex19 July 2018
The Clients were lovely, mostly friendly and happy to have you there. Management however were awful. Making you work long hours for very poor pay (you get paid per call rather than per hour, so if you're a walker like me, you'll have about one call per hour, so you may work for 10+ hours and only earn £30/£40 because you don't get paid for walking time). Given shifts that were 1 hour + walking time away and calls were just all over the place. Would be called almost everyday to cover someone else's shift and if you didn't work 24/7 you would be looked down upon by management. Most coworkers hated the job.
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, unprofessional management
fun and friendly
Business Admin Apprenticeship (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool10 July 2018
Lovely place to work, great office staff. Management are brilliant and the general feeling is welcoming and friendly. I think it its a brilliant place to work. Every day is different so it keeps things fresh.
Absolutely horrendous.
Carer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 June 2018
How come this company is still trading with so many negative reviews?
I feel so sorry for the vulnerable people who are in their care and rely upon them for their health and well-being. Their staff should be cherished not treated in the way they are. How can they expect people to travel such distances between calls when they don’t have their own transport?
Pros
The chance to try to help brighten a service users day.
Cons
Pay, management, travel time, hours etc etc etc
zero hour contract work
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Fylde25 May 2018
hard work making end meet, working about 100 hour weeks. travel between places with not much time for the care i was meant too give.
Burned out and divorced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carewatch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8