Carewatch Employee Reviews

poor
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldbury31 July 2018
Very unsupportive company. Expects you to work 24 hours a day for minimum wage. Calls were all over the place and the management were very rude. While I was there there were no career progressions and as soon as I passed my driving test I had even more calls put onto me that were further away moving me from clients I had built a bond with.
Horrible pace to work for
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire25 July 2018
Absolutely disgusting the way mangers treat you long hours not enough pay, hours cut because you need time off and even when you have a family emergency they will question you about it, they also discriminate against religion all they care about is the money wouldn't recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Cons
Hours, pay, managment
Nice Clients, Poor Management
Care and Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex19 July 2018
The Clients were lovely, mostly friendly and happy to have you there. Management however were awful. Making you work long hours for very poor pay (you get paid per call rather than per hour, so if you're a walker like me, you'll have about one call per hour, so you may work for 10+ hours and only earn £30/£40 because you don't get paid for walking time). Given shifts that were 1 hour + walking time away and calls were just all over the place. Would be called almost everyday to cover someone else's shift and if you didn't work 24/7 you would be looked down upon by management. Most coworkers hated the job.
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, unprofessional management
fun and friendly
Business Admin Apprenticeship (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool10 July 2018
Lovely place to work, great office staff. Management are brilliant and the general feeling is welcoming and friendly. I think it its a brilliant place to work. Every day is different so it keeps things fresh.
Absolutely horrendous.
Carer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 June 2018
How come this company is still trading with so many negative reviews?
I feel so sorry for the vulnerable people who are in their care and rely upon them for their health and well-being. Their staff should be cherished not treated in the way they are. How can they expect people to travel such distances between calls when they don’t have their own transport?
Pros
The chance to try to help brighten a service users day.
Cons
Pay, management, travel time, hours etc etc etc
zero hour contract work
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Fylde25 May 2018
hard work making end meet, working about 100 hour weeks. travel between places with not much time for the care i was meant too give.
Burned out and divorced
needs improvement
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Wendover30 April 2018
Carers were good. But they refused to pay mileage even though they were sending carers all over the place it was costing me more for petrol than i was earning
Pros
ok
Cons
poor pay
Rewarding and busy workplace
Quality Officer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex27 April 2018
I've been working at Carewatch over many years.
The hardest part of the job always was to meet the needs of vulnerable people.
I have came across many fantastic people, the people that would do anything to support their clients.
Work is hard, fast paced, and requires from you various skills, if you prepared to do commit, it's great work at Carewatch.
Pros
Good for gaining Health and Social Care skills
Cons
work/life balance
great team
Carer worker (Current Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex27 April 2018
Joined carewatch 2016 after leaving another provider
enjoy working for the company ,staff friendly and helpful .

nice to see that long service is rewarded
Top employer
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk (Colton)26 April 2018
A much improved employer who really look after their dedicated carers. Regular clients and runs within your chosen geographical distance from your home. Always the opportunity to pick up additional work, you have to express an interest but that's all it takes. Management really listen to carers and look after good staff well. Clients have outcome based care plans so you play an active part in supporting people to remain independent or regain independence. Doesn't feel like work, its very rewarding. Not all care companies are the same and this one has transitioned in the last 18 months. highly recommend
Pros
Work/life balance
Rubbish . Avoid.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire16 April 2018
No back up from office staff left to deal with problems alone. No travel time. No breaks. Working fron 6.15am till 11pm. Ring you on your day off trying to guilt you into working. Worse conpany i have ever worked for.
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours no travel time no back up
Forget having a life
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester29 March 2018
No travel time pay, constant myther to work on your days off, your work phone and private phone goes non stop all day everyday. The office staff are rude and tell you to do your best when you are given several calls to complete at the same time. Calls constantly added to your rota without your consent. Worst company I ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Paid by the minute and not an hourly rate as advertised in job description
Big Busy Company Doing Its Best for Vulnerable People
Manager (Former Employee) –  South East26 March 2018
Carewatch is one of the biggest and best home care companies. It has branches all over the country delivering care & support to people who are elderly, frail or vulnerable through ill health or disability. It is a busy place - helping people to stay well and independent at home - and dealing with their "ups and downs" Delivering home care isn't easy, but it is rewarding. If you like variety, can stay flexible and cheerful, you will have as much work as you want. Some really good teams out in the various branches. "Head Office" gets a hard time but whose head office doesn't? They have to put all the Quality & Safety measures in place for the entire company - visiting every branch to make sure that the customers get the good quality care that you would want for one of your own relatives & loved ones.
Pros
Good training, uniforms, free smart phones with data allowance
Cons
Busy, unpredictable, sometimes very tiring
12 month
hca walker home care (Former Employee) –  Poulton le Fylde, Lancashire13 March 2018
i worked for care watch for 12 month no travel time so you always playing catch up and running late. there was a client that tried to get over friendly i rang my supervisor who was lovely about it and said she would cover my slots there for the remaining part of the week the new rota came the office staff still sent me back saying he was on my rota and i had to go main downfall no travel time so if you need the loo for any length of time you in trouble zero contract hours maximum hours i had one week was 16
Pros
cliens and superviser
Cons
zero contract hours no travel time
Uncaring
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dudley12 March 2018
I have worked for Carewatch for five years. It's a company run by a load of 'men in suits' who don't know the first thing about care. Their main priority being how much money the company makes, certainly not the well being of the clients or the carers. I work four days a week and alternate weekends, always plenty of work Fridays and the weekend, but not enough during the week. New carers starting every week and taking all the hours. Most of us do our share at the weekends, except a couple who don't have to because they are friendly with the office staff, but get given regular work during the week. Carers who continually hand work back at the weekend, yet are rewarded with more work. Management who send out insulting letters explaining that carers who do so will have their regular work removed, ( What tree do they think I have fallen out of!).
Pros
Lovely Clients
Cons
Low pay
Supportive and friendly
Digital Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes9 March 2018
I started work with Carewatch in January and I find the team in my office very friendly and supportive.

The managers are open to new ideas and creativity, there is a culture of caring support and this is echoed across all the parts of the business that I've seen.

Staff are knowledgeable and helpful with queries and there is a strong emphasis on a work/life balance.
Pros
Friendly and supportive environment
Rewarding job
Part-time care worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich31 January 2018
This is a rewarding job and there are always enough hours. The downside is the low pay which does not cover the cost of travelling from house to house.
ok
assist the elderly (Former Employee) –  newcastle19 January 2018
ok to work for just alot of messing about with thd staff no one knows if your coming or going and the office staff have no resoect for the workers in genral.
its ok but lack of work sometimes
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Home Based11 January 2018
doesn't pay enough. need more work, they sometimes don't consider your best welfare at times. the staff at the office are not all good at their jobs apart from a few of them.
Great carers to work with
Senior carer (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire10 January 2018
I enjoyed working with Carewatch due to variation of work..Although sometimes rotas would have gaps which meant you spent time sat in your car or having to go and buy coffee. Overall clients lovely, carers nice, management ok aswell.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
No travel time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carewatch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8