Carewatch Employee Reviews

Rewarding and busy workplace
Quality Officer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex27 April 2018
I've been working at Carewatch over many years.
The hardest part of the job always was to meet the needs of vulnerable people.
I have came across many fantastic people, the people that would do anything to support their clients.
Work is hard, fast paced, and requires from you various skills, if you prepared to do commit, it's great work at Carewatch.
Pros
Good for gaining Health and Social Care skills
Cons
work/life balance
great team
Carer worker (Current Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex27 April 2018
Joined carewatch 2016 after leaving another provider
enjoy working for the company ,staff friendly and helpful .

nice to see that long service is rewarded
Top employer
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk (Colton)26 April 2018
A much improved employer who really look after their dedicated carers. Regular clients and runs within your chosen geographical distance from your home. Always the opportunity to pick up additional work, you have to express an interest but that's all it takes. Management really listen to carers and look after good staff well. Clients have outcome based care plans so you play an active part in supporting people to remain independent or regain independence. Doesn't feel like work, its very rewarding. Not all care companies are the same and this one has transitioned in the last 18 months. highly recommend
Pros
Work/life balance
Horrible place and people to work with.
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 April 2018
I HATE this company, I have few been working there for few months and it took over my life. They don't listen to anything you wrote on your availability form. They give you 5 minutes to walk to a place which normally take 30-40 minutes and they have the audacity to ask you why you are late when they only gave you 5 minutes to travel. Something they give you like only 3 hours for a whole week and the other they pack you out with call from 6am to 10pm with out a day off for 7 days straight. I even got to the point where I was so stressed and emotionally drained , I would cry every time I came home and the Worst thing about the people in the office they blame and tell you off for everything that goes wrong even if it's not your fault.
Pros
Cons
No respect for thr cares at all.
Rubbish . Avoid.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire16 April 2018
No back up from office staff left to deal with problems alone. No travel time. No breaks. Working fron 6.15am till 11pm. Ring you on your day off trying to guilt you into working. Worse conpany i have ever worked for.
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours no travel time no back up
Forget having a life
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester29 March 2018
No travel time pay, constant myther to work on your days off, your work phone and private phone goes non stop all day everyday. The office staff are rude and tell you to do your best when you are given several calls to complete at the same time. Calls constantly added to your rota without your consent. Worst company I ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Paid by the minute and not an hourly rate as advertised in job description
Big Busy Company Doing Its Best for Vulnerable People
Manager (Former Employee) –  South East26 March 2018
Carewatch is one of the biggest and best home care companies. It has branches all over the country delivering care & support to people who are elderly, frail or vulnerable through ill health or disability. It is a busy place - helping people to stay well and independent at home - and dealing with their "ups and downs" Delivering home care isn't easy, but it is rewarding. If you like variety, can stay flexible and cheerful, you will have as much work as you want. Some really good teams out in the various branches. "Head Office" gets a hard time but whose head office doesn't? They have to put all the Quality & Safety measures in place for the entire company - visiting every branch to make sure that the customers get the good quality care that you would want for one of your own relatives & loved ones.
Pros
Good training, uniforms, free smart phones with data allowance
Cons
Busy, unpredictable, sometimes very tiring
Love helping people
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colton, Norfolk19 March 2018
I have worked for carewatch for almost 4 years. I loved helping the service users, however, the office is very disorganised. Communication within the same office is abismal.
Pros
pay is ok for care work
Cons
no breaks, constantly being asked to do extra shifts
12 month
hca walker home care (Former Employee) –  Poulton le Fylde, Lancashire13 March 2018
i worked for care watch for 12 month no travel time so you always playing catch up and running late. there was a client that tried to get over friendly i rang my supervisor who was lovely about it and said she would cover my slots there for the remaining part of the week the new rota came the office staff still sent me back saying he was on my rota and i had to go main downfall no travel time so if you need the loo for any length of time you in trouble zero contract hours maximum hours i had one week was 16
Pros
cliens and superviser
Cons
zero contract hours no travel time
Uncaring
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dudley12 March 2018
I have worked for Carewatch for five years. It's a company run by a load of 'men in suits' who don't know the first thing about care. Their main priority being how much money the company makes, certainly not the well being of the clients or the carers. I work four days a week and alternate weekends, always plenty of work Fridays and the weekend, but not enough during the week. New carers starting every week and taking all the hours. Most of us do our share at the weekends, except a couple who don't have to because they are friendly with the office staff, but get given regular work during the week. Carers who continually hand work back at the weekend, yet are rewarded with more work. Management who send out insulting letters explaining that carers who do so will have their regular work removed, ( What tree do they think I have fallen out of!).
Pros
Lovely Clients
Cons
Low pay
Supportive and friendly
Digital Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes9 March 2018
I started work with Carewatch in January and I find the team in my office very friendly and supportive.

The managers are open to new ideas and creativity, there is a culture of caring support and this is echoed across all the parts of the business that I've seen.

Staff are knowledgeable and helpful with queries and there is a strong emphasis on a work/life balance.
Pros
Friendly and supportive environment
Rewarding job
Part-time care worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich31 January 2018
This is a rewarding job and there are always enough hours. The downside is the low pay which does not cover the cost of travelling from house to house.
ok
assist the elderly (Former Employee) –  newcastle19 January 2018
ok to work for just alot of messing about with thd staff no one knows if your coming or going and the office staff have no resoect for the workers in genral.
its ok but lack of work sometimes
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Home Based11 January 2018
doesn't pay enough. need more work, they sometimes don't consider your best welfare at times. the staff at the office are not all good at their jobs apart from a few of them.
Great carers to work with
Senior carer (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire10 January 2018
I enjoyed working with Carewatch due to variation of work..Although sometimes rotas would have gaps which meant you spent time sat in your car or having to go and buy coffee. Overall clients lovely, carers nice, management ok aswell.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
No travel time
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2018
It was good working with carewatch,i agin a lot of knowledge and training hence my seven years experience, I tend to learn a lot about people and myself, it was a wonderful experience
Pros
Free training
Great company
Senior Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry27 December 2017
As I only worked with Carewatch for a few months I was impressed with what I achieved within that small amount of time , the company it’s self is very professional within all sectors of its job roles , all staff are very friendly and willing to go that extra mile to help
I would highly recommend this company to people if they are looking to work within the community
Pros
Free training, free uniforms
Cons
N/a
Very difficult company to work for
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 December 2017
This job was a tale of two halves. The clients that you went to provide care for were so grateful and kind. However, the office staff are very uncooperative and unhelpful. If there was ever an issue they made it seem like it was your fault rather than a company issue. Rotas were constantly being changed. Sometime multiple times in one day. They also expected staff to work long hours without a break.
its going down hill
Carer (Current Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria3 December 2017
I love my job but fear that kendal will soon be shut down. The best manager I've ever worked for has just left and the shambles that occured last time he was away is about to return.

As with all care companies the pay is rubbish, but the mileage is adequate.

Our supervisor is really good but the rest off management left are rude, talk down to you and bully people.
Pros
the people we care for, most of them
Cons
management, long hours, they'll be no thanks now
Productive fun working
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton14 November 2017
Like the same with better healthcare it's domicilory care with the elderly again giving medication using the hoist cleaning bathing washing feeding having a chat with the clients
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Zero hour contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carewatch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8