Carewatch Employee Reviews

Rewarding job
Social care worker (Current Employee) –  Livingston8 October 2018
Love my job the company not so great not much thought about the staff and very long hours. I’ve learned a lot of skills over the years doing this job and I enjoy working in care makes me feel like I’m doing something good.
Avoid at all costs worst company ever
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland5 October 2018
Unorganised poor pay out in all weathers. Staff in office overworked under organised. No communication, No help no support. Travelling time between clients a joke. Not enough time with clients to get work done. Office constantly short staffed. People leaving constantly. Staff stabbing each other in the back. Constantly changing rotas. Poor management skills. Lack of communication with staff. No help or support when needed. Very long hours little or no breaks or long gaps in between starting early in the morning finishing very late. Exhausting and stressful.

Forced to work when ill no sympathy. Vindictive malicous and downright ignorant office staff, Changing rotas constantly one week lots of hours long hours. Next week no hours. Zero hour contracts though was promised full time hours. Walking for hours of the day in all weathers, No double up runs as promised, Poor pay mix up in wages. Lack of any sort of help from staff, Having to call office numerous times getting no answer repeatedly.

Service users were lovely, though was put in with someone who should have been a double up due to condition, left to cope. No training. Login and out of service users homes. Only get paid for the time in service users homes. No travelling time. Money very poor and not enough to make a wage.

Dont work for this company they dont care about the staff or the service users.
Pros
Service Users
Cons
Everything else about this company is a joke.
Never felt so under valued.
Ex emoloyee (Former Employee) –  Dudley4 October 2018
Where do I begin? Applied for this job and was very proud I'd got it, now I've left I realise they will literally take anyone on they are that desperate for staff.

Promised the world at interview and training, was told I would have support and that they would 'train me' was sent on calls to change stoma bags 3 weeks after joining after having no training or even warning what so ever.

Shadowing was good, the only good thing I got from this company was the carers I met and had the pleasure to work with along the way and of course, the service users.

Management? Well, that's a complete shambles! I originally wanted 20 hours as I have 3 young children and a partner who also works full time. This slowly crept up to over 40 hours a week. If I called up they would cut my hours right down to 2-3 hours a week to be spiteful. Then soon on the phone when they needed cover! I travelled miles out of area for this company on a regular basis and it was never appreciated. Id go in the office for supplies to hear them slagging the carers off after they'd got off the phone to them. Such an unprofessional, unfriendly company and I would strongly advise to steer clear unless you have no children, friends, family or a life!
Pros
Service users
Cons
Everything else
moderate
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea City30 September 2018
okay to work for, clients and colleagues very friendly, management very poor and not friendly at all. management would slag off about employees infront of anyone.
Clients are wonderful and grateful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire19 September 2018
I lasted one day! I walked for 7 hours and only got paid for 2 hours 40 mins. I had calls on the evening and they was taken from me without any notice so I was left worrying about clients. No communication from the office. No bad word about anyone who I worked with but the office side of things is very unorganised. Such a shame as I would have enjoyed working here. Heard loads of bad reviews but I gave it a chance, lesson learned!
Pros
Clients are really greatfull and sweet
Cons
Only get paid second you walk in a house, too much walking in so little time
A good place to work
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, North Yorkshire3 September 2018
providing care for clients in their own homes, assisting with personal care, shopping tasks, social calls,domestic calls preparing meals and assisting with medication.
Pros
nice company to work for
Cons
not enough hours
Flexible hours, home visits
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames6 August 2018
Quite rewarding for drivers wirh their own car, might be tiring if you are not a car owner. Home visits of elderly people - assisting them mainly in the mornings and evwnings, occasionally lunch times.
Pros
Working on your own
Cons
Moving from place to place
poor
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldbury31 July 2018
Very unsupportive company. Expects you to work 24 hours a day for minimum wage. Calls were all over the place and the management were very rude. While I was there there were no career progressions and as soon as I passed my driving test I had even more calls put onto me that were further away moving me from clients I had built a bond with.
Horrible pace to work for
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire25 July 2018
Absolutely disgusting the way mangers treat you long hours not enough pay, hours cut because you need time off and even when you have a family emergency they will question you about it, they also discriminate against religion all they care about is the money wouldn't recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Cons
Hours, pay, managment
Nice Clients, Poor Management
Care and Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex19 July 2018
The Clients were lovely, mostly friendly and happy to have you there. Management however were awful. Making you work long hours for very poor pay (you get paid per call rather than per hour, so if you're a walker like me, you'll have about one call per hour, so you may work for 10+ hours and only earn £30/£40 because you don't get paid for walking time). Given shifts that were 1 hour + walking time away and calls were just all over the place. Would be called almost everyday to cover someone else's shift and if you didn't work 24/7 you would be looked down upon by management. Most coworkers hated the job.
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, unprofessional management
fun and friendly
Business Admin Apprenticeship (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool10 July 2018
Lovely place to work, great office staff. Management are brilliant and the general feeling is welcoming and friendly. I think it its a brilliant place to work. Every day is different so it keeps things fresh.
Absolutely horrendous.
Carer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 June 2018
How come this company is still trading with so many negative reviews?
I feel so sorry for the vulnerable people who are in their care and rely upon them for their health and well-being. Their staff should be cherished not treated in the way they are. How can they expect people to travel such distances between calls when they don’t have their own transport?
Pros
The chance to try to help brighten a service users day.
Cons
Pay, management, travel time, hours etc etc etc
zero hour contract work
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Fylde25 May 2018
hard work making end meet, working about 100 hour weeks. travel between places with not much time for the care i was meant too give.
Burned out and divorced
needs improvement
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Wendover30 April 2018
Carers were good. But they refused to pay mileage even though they were sending carers all over the place it was costing me more for petrol than i was earning
Pros
ok
Cons
poor pay
Rewarding and busy workplace
Quality Officer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex27 April 2018
I've been working at Carewatch over many years.
The hardest part of the job always was to meet the needs of vulnerable people.
I have came across many fantastic people, the people that would do anything to support their clients.
Work is hard, fast paced, and requires from you various skills, if you prepared to do commit, it's great work at Carewatch.
Pros
Good for gaining Health and Social Care skills
Cons
work/life balance
great team
Carer worker (Current Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, East Sussex27 April 2018
Joined carewatch 2016 after leaving another provider
enjoy working for the company ,staff friendly and helpful .

nice to see that long service is rewarded
Top employer
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk (Colton)26 April 2018
A much improved employer who really look after their dedicated carers. Regular clients and runs within your chosen geographical distance from your home. Always the opportunity to pick up additional work, you have to express an interest but that's all it takes. Management really listen to carers and look after good staff well. Clients have outcome based care plans so you play an active part in supporting people to remain independent or regain independence. Doesn't feel like work, its very rewarding. Not all care companies are the same and this one has transitioned in the last 18 months. highly recommend
Pros
Work/life balance
Rubbish . Avoid.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire16 April 2018
No back up from office staff left to deal with problems alone. No travel time. No breaks. Working fron 6.15am till 11pm. Ring you on your day off trying to guilt you into working. Worse conpany i have ever worked for.
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours no travel time no back up
Forget having a life
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester29 March 2018
No travel time pay, constant myther to work on your days off, your work phone and private phone goes non stop all day everyday. The office staff are rude and tell you to do your best when you are given several calls to complete at the same time. Calls constantly added to your rota without your consent. Worst company I ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Paid by the minute and not an hourly rate as advertised in job description
Big Busy Company Doing Its Best for Vulnerable People
Manager (Former Employee) –  South East26 March 2018
Carewatch is one of the biggest and best home care companies. It has branches all over the country delivering care & support to people who are elderly, frail or vulnerable through ill health or disability. It is a busy place - helping people to stay well and independent at home - and dealing with their "ups and downs" Delivering home care isn't easy, but it is rewarding. If you like variety, can stay flexible and cheerful, you will have as much work as you want. Some really good teams out in the various branches. "Head Office" gets a hard time but whose head office doesn't? They have to put all the Quality & Safety measures in place for the entire company - visiting every branch to make sure that the customers get the good quality care that you would want for one of your own relatives & loved ones.
Pros
Good training, uniforms, free smart phones with data allowance
Cons
Busy, unpredictable, sometimes very tiring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carewatch. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8