Carewatch Care Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Paid peanuts and rude management !!!
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire11 May 2018
Expected to work all hours under the sun, pay is horrendous. Get expected to work on your days off. Fuel money is poor. Management are rude, and abrupt and very pushy towards staff. Told at initial interview what they will give you work wise, when it comes down to it they go back on there words! Lack of communication between staff and management.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, abrupt management, poor pay !!!
Excellent learning experience.
Supervisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire5 May 2018
Started with Carewatch with no experience, enjoyed my challenging job which enabled me to progress from a carer onto a supervisor for several years which I enjoyed.
Very busy office, care staff should understand the extreme pressures all the office staff and management are under daily to provide high standards of care.
The best part of my role was meeting the service users and being able to make a change.
The long days, lots of hours worked in the week, but you know what to expect when you workin the care industry.
Pros
Gained a vast knowledge in home care.
Cons
Long hours.
Very hard work,no social life
Co ordinator (Current Employee) –  Morecambe, Lancashire23 April 2018
Worked here for 5 years really enjoyed it at first.Found hours to long to much stress not enough time for yourself.Recruitment terrible.Would not recommend this company but probably the same at most care company's.
Pros
Helping people
not good lace
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston26 March 2018
rubbish to work for aways getting calls added on that you did not ask to take on. Mangement team is rubbish if your a walker as they send you about back and forwords alot of the time.
If you want a life don't work here
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northumberland22 March 2018
I worked part time whilst at this company before it folded. But some weeks I would have full time hours without breaks and be expected to rush around from calls to calls leaving services users without proper care. If you couldn't help out extra one day there was a young girl who was a coordinator who would punish you by taken a weeks work off you. Never got the correct pay/millage. Forever chasing for money your are owed which Im still to receive.
Pros
Lovely services users
Cons
Hours/pay/management
Rewarding job
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wigan8 March 2018
I have been in care for a number of years and with different companies and I have found carewatch to be the most professional, organised and the highest payer of them all. They encourage progression and I have received extra training other than induction and yearly training. I have gained my NVQ level 2, level 2 End of life and now i am completing my level 2 medication.
Pros
High pay rates, free mobile phone with free text and calls and internet data
n/a
Carer Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne5 March 2018
It was a very demanding job, however, very rewarding working with elderly people who appreciated your time and hard work. However, I believe that the work life balance is something which can be difficult.
Be realistic
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester2 March 2018
Compared to most care agencies carewatch is highly organised and offers better pay rates than most, even with 15p a mile travel money, don't forget you can claim the other 30p from hmrc!
All care jobs are long hours and you tend to work extra shifts as your colleagues go off sick so let the company down and the most important part of the job -the customers. If you give in your availability then the coordinators will work around this the best they can but bear in mind you will be asked to work extra hours to ensure that people are cared for at the end of the day not to benefit anybody else. Don't forget you can say no. Unfortunately, things happen, cars break down, children get sick, ambulances need to be called, whatever it is it will have a knock on effect to everyone so You need to be aware that rotas etc can change. You also can't expect carewatch to arrange for you to get to and from work as well as around your calls, it's your job so your responsibility to sort transport if you don't drive and have the decency to offer colleagues petrol money if they drive you around.
This is one of the most rewarding jobs you can do and if you are passionate about it you can succeed and progress within this company. They are supportive and helpful and people tend to forget that management also work long hours and have to go above and beyond alll the time to ensure the service is covered effectively. If you are reliable and dedicated then you will be rewarded.
Pros
customers, progression available, good pay rates, flexible hours
Cons
colleagues being unreliable
Didn’t enjoy it
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Paisley15 February 2018
Guilt tripped into shifts
Not good with being off sick
Expected to work lots of hours
Plenty of overtime available
Local work in paisley area
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Too many hours management
Very poor company to work for
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea13 February 2018
I worked for Carewatch for 2 years promised chance to progress however was given to new staff who had family members in the office hours never matched up.for what I actually work office staff would add calls on them to get paid yet it was carers who.did the calls also having a so called manager speak to you like dirt and treat you the same stayed witb the company hoping it would change but it got.worst.
Pros
Service users were lovely
Cons
Office staff had no.clue
Care assistant
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham31 January 2018
Did not enjoy workimg there but as a family i had to keep going i was out the house at 5.30am till 10.30pm and had no social life and no family time as i was working all the time with no brakes allways on the go
Cons
Good to work for (paisley)
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire26 January 2018
In my own personal experience of working for carewatch care services in renfrewshire, I have to say I have not had any problems. I give my availability to carewatch around about my other job and carewatch give me the hours to suit ! Yeah I might get the odd call to see I I can help out and if I'm available I will do and if not I say I am unable to and that has not been a problem. Also I have to say the management in the office are lovely and if needed to phone on call there's always someone available! Like I say this is in my own experience! I enjoy working for them!
Pros
Lovely clients, also lovely office staff and hours to suit .
Cons
For me none .
Health care, domicilary
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom10 January 2018
A great training company but
No structure as in visits booked at the same time, no planned route and timings bad, great office workers, but bad planning and due to that staff may get underpaid.
Cons
No route planning
Avoid!!!
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire2 January 2018
Worked for the Lincoln office for 2 years after transferring from another company after Carewatch landed council contract. Office staff would continually phone you to work out of your availability. If you dared say no then you would be “punished” the following week by having next to nothing on your rota. Would contact office with concerns for service users only for nothing to be done at all!!! Fellow carers would bully & backstab & office staff would find it funny & join in.
If you dared phone in sick the office would continually harass via phone, text or even Facebook message you.
Never again will I work for this company even if they are last care company on this earth!!!
Pros
Service Users
Cons
None at all.
Bad management
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham, Dorset27 December 2017
If you work for this company you'll have NoLife! Management surrounded buy family & friends who take priority over the best jobs!
When you leave don't expect a good reference as if you're not working for them you won't be doing care for anyone else in there eyes! Do yourself a favour & avoid like the plague! All nice to your face but a nasty bunch of office staff who are pushy without any integrity & often lie to clients. Take a chance with a different agency as surely can't all be as bad as this one!
Pros
The clients
Cons
Hard work & long hours unappreciated
Terrible
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire7 December 2017
Terrible management, consistent problems and lack of communication. Terrible standards, wouldn’t let them care for my family. Terrible company over all!
Terrible organisation
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester7 November 2017
Care coordinators are rude and pushy to make you do more work. The job itself would be good if it was organised but you do meet some lovely people in the job.
Pros
People
Cons
Organisation of work
Enjoy working with vulnerable adults Carewatch has afforded me the opportunity to gain experience in a new career
Quality Officer (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire and St Helens Merseyside29 October 2017
Enjoy caring for vulnerable adults. Carewatch has afforded me the opportunity to experience a completely new career path and I have also been promoted - I had no experience in this field when I started with Carewatch
Pros
company pension
Worse manangenent ever
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands21 October 2017
We are spoken to like dirt and every single person in the office is the same! Lazy people who don’t do the job properly then blame the carers! Clients and carers are the best bits of this job.
Pros
Seeing the lovely customers
Cons
Well where do I start the list is endless
Good company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire19 October 2017
I enjoyed working for carewatch but due to no fuel allowance it became hard to carry on and wasn't worth it for the hours that I could do. It was hard in winter months but great in summer.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
No fuel allowance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carewatch Care Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4