Caremark Employee Reviews

Terrible communication
CSW (Former Employee) –  Worcester and Malvern21 May 2018
Staff are poorly lead. The directors are quick to blame staff for their own incompetencies when all the staff do is follow instruction from them. The directors contradict a lot. All in all, not a good place to work. Says it all when staff don’t stay more than 3 months. They don’t give a monkeys for the staff who are always pushed for time and under preasure.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Poor leadership
Awful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London21 May 2018
no work for my availability but still taking on New carers. Pick up and drop you as and when they want. Worst company you could work for !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love my job!
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire21 May 2018
I have been working for Caremark (Mansfield) for two and a half years now, I have worked for several other home care companies and if I'm honest, no company comes close to Caremark (Mansfield) Right from the beginning I was treated as an individual, training is great and ongoing, the other carers, my clients and the office team are fab, always there if you need help with something, we even get cards and a gift voucher on our birthday, it makes us feel valued and worth something.
I would never work anywhere else! Everyday is completely different, yes there are some changes made to rotas and things, but things happen, clients go into hospital, carers ring in sick, we take the rough with the smooth! There are far more good days than not so good days.
I'm paid well, with travel time and mileage, we're always paid on time, if I've ever needed money partway through the month for an emergency its always been lent to me without question. That means everything when theres a pricey car repair to be done.
Pros
Great treaining, great team, great clients!
Cons
Hours can be long some days.
nice people to work with
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire18 May 2018
they do really good training with lots of different equipment, then look after you when you first start.
I really enjoy working with the other carers who are helpful and friendly, and the pay and benefits are better than at other companies in Aylesbury.
Pros
good pay, good support from supervisor, flexible hours
Excellent!
Care and Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire18 May 2018
From working here myself for over 3 and a half years, I can tell you exactly what it is like. The management are supportive, understanding and flexible with your needs - inside and outside of the office. The training is relatable, fun and a great way to get started and introduced in to care work and Caremark (Mansfield).
Without a doubt, bad days do occur through staff sickness but where doesn't this happen nowadays?
I know first hand, whenever I have had a problem, someone has been there to support me and help me through it in any way they could. Knowing I have the support of the whole team makes coming to work much more comfortable. If there has ever been a time I have needed to speak to the oncall they always answer and guide me or support me through a situation. The office staff are friendly and polite and always willing to help with a difficult situation or if you need a 'favour' as such. Everybody knows you will never please everyone, but they do try their hardest to do so.

Very approachable, friendly team and amazing to be a part of.
Pros
Loads of support any time you need it, progression opportunities
Cons
Shift work, can be long hours if you make yourself available for it
Aylesbury Caremark - Great support
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire14 May 2018
I worked for the Aylesbury Branch which was a positive experience, one of the best care companies I worked for.

You will always have support and if you have any troubles you can go into the office and speak to there HR team and they will sort out your problem within a day.

Good rota's and regular clients & NO 15 minute calls

Will return
Pros
Support, Work and Regular clients
awful!!
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire14 May 2018
Caremark (Mansfield) is the worst place I have ever worked by far. You get limited training especially if your new new to care you don’t even get shown how to use a rotunda or slide sheet, they don’t even have a bed to practice on so when your out in the real world you don’t have a clue! They’re not supportive at all, they don’t care about you or the clients all they care about is the money coming in. They ring you on your days off and constantly pester you to work even after saying no! Mileage is shocking and travel time is shocking, And well for management all I can say is absolutely shocking they wouldn’t know how to manage the place if it was the last thing that hit them, even check their cqc score for management (needs improvement) so good luck to anyone that applys for a job with them because you need it! And there basically running their business into the ground!!
Not recommened
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester8 May 2018
Terrible hours only ideal if working part time and at longer calls rather than 30 mins calls. Ideal if working mum as well. 0 hour contact so work was not guaranteed however don't be fooled. Because it is a 0 hour contract techniqually you do not need to give any notice period. Even though management were adamant you need to give 4 weeks. When I was there management including the directors were awful. They dont like you whistleblowing on things you deem not appropriate for care. No help sent when required. When asking for references for new job it took way to long and lots of hassle. Left on very bad note. No perks either with the company and training unpaid for.
Pros
The lovely people who you meet on calls.
Cons
Long hours. Little pay. No help when needed.
Nightmare
Home Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reading3 May 2018
I can say about this company just one word, Nightmare.
Horrible hours, rush, not fair acting from managment. They do not care about their customers at all, not even about staff. Avoid this company if it is possible.
typical day at work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire2 May 2018
I do care door-to-door support especially at bedtime and at night, my task is to support undressing, changing pad, certifying or assisting in medication making the client as comfortable as possible in your bed for a restful night.
Pros
tea
Ok..but
Temporary Scheme Manager (Former Employee) –  Billingshurst1 May 2018
Great colleagues but sometimes let down by poor management. Support can sometimes be lacking due to a small company culture. I would not work there again .....personally
Good team
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orpington1 May 2018
Good team of management .very busy but always in control of any situation .enjoyable place to work very busy and great with clients good rates of pay and holiday allowance good
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
A winning combination
CSW (Current Employee) –  Sutton, Greater London30 April 2018
Its the little things in life that give you pleasure and when I am at work caring for the older generation in their our homes, seeing their smile or gratitude that you have helped them is so rewarding. I learn something new everyday, whether this is with one of the clients or though Caremark.
I found the management very easy to talk to and they will always come to you aid if you are struggling with anything. They are just a phone call away. The coordinators are really helpful when your child or yourself are sick and will cover your calls. If you talk to them they are very accommodating.
The hardest part of my job is seeing a client getting to know them and caring for them until the end.
Caremark Sutton has amazing Carers and office staff, who are always happy to help you. Getting to see your clients smile every day is the best.
Pros
Working with clients
Love my job
Community Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Bangor, County Down27 April 2018
Working for caremark Bangor is very rewarding. I move to this company two years ago and never to be honest have had a problem. I've been in care for twenty odd years and this is the first company I know that don't amalgamate . I work on singles and have the continuanity I don't get pressured into working extra hrs or over what I want to do... the staff all help each other and the office staff are all very nice and very respectful. If there is a problem the office staff will try hard to solve it for you. I can honestly say hand on heart it's a great wee company to work for.
Pros
Flexable working hrs
No communication
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buckinghamshire21 April 2018
Poor management of staff and clients
Don’t listen to needs of clients
Don’t listen or review needs of clients
No travel time
No time for breaks
No consideration for staff family life
Pros
Pay
Cons
Company
Rubbish office staff
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Worcester19 April 2018
Office staff are horrible! Don’t care if you have any personal issues at home, they put you on the rota to make you work at 645am start until 1030pm with maybe a 20 minute break and they make you do it again the next day so your absolutely knackered. Even the clients say how bad the office staff are! Especially ones that think they are management and they are not they are just trainers. I would stay far away from this company! Especially when they pay you 20p a mile! And make you go to Malvern when Worcester is your are!!!
Pros
The clients
Cons
The office staff
Worked for a number of different care companies, this company is pretty good.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, County Down16 April 2018
I have been a carer now for about 11 years and have worked for a number of different care companies, some of which are shocking!! Been working here now about 18 months and to be fair all seems grand, approachable staff and reasonably flexible. Great to visit your own clients each day and being able to give them the time to put a smile on their face.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Monthly pay
Family business but very corrupt
Carer (Former Employee) –  Midlands12 April 2018
They say they don’t ring up while the carers are working but 10+ phone calls drives one nuts! The owners don’t care about their clients which means no one is happy! They take on new clients when they don’t have the staff which is breaking the law! They even lie to social workers!
If you work for them you will end up with severe depression so be careful, you have been warned!
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Long days
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Redcar, North Yorkshire11 April 2018
Lovely clients long hard days in the cold wet weather 0 hour contract would definetly not recommend if looking for a stable job to support your family as this is defiebly not reliable
Pros
Fun calm work enviroment
Cons
Long, cold, wet days
Red Alert, Avoid, This place will drive you insane!!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire7 April 2018
Management don't care about the health and well-being of the carers!! They would ring you , text you when ever you are not working. Even on holiday!! It's all about making money. In which they won't even acknowledge you when you go to the office. If you question them or complain about anyone in the office, they will turn it around on you.our Their mistakes are covered over and they will rather carers work all day with no break then think about the well-being of there clients or carer.
In which some clients end up with a 2 hour gap between their last call.
Pros
Meeting some good carers and lovely clients
Cons
Management, wearing the uniform and promoting a company who don't value staff or clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caremark. Our community is ready to answer.