Caremark Employee Reviews

Awful company to work for
Support Worker/Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hessle, East Riding of Yorkshire13 August 2018
Absolutely awful! Worked with them for a month, ended up working the full shift (7am-10pm) nearly everyday. Didn’t have one day off in the month, even when I’ll, they would expect you to work even though it’s due to exhaustion. Management are awful, have no communication skills. Used to get thrown from one end of my area to about 3 miles for the next call and expected to get there within 10 minutes (maybe 5). Used to expect me to do around 23 calls a day. Have no respect for the carers.
Pros
Lovely clients and carers
Cons
Poor management, no communication, long hours, no respect for clients or carers.
Fantastic
Assessments coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire1 August 2018
I worked for this company for three and a half years. Training is great and refreshed annually, clients are lovely and the registered manager/directors are extremely supportive, the care team are all friendly and helpful, their not just another care company, they are a company that genuinely cares, a rare quality in a care company, I loved my time here and highly recommend this company if you want to work in care or if you need to use their services.
Pros
All the lovely people I met and all the support
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire30 July 2018
Terrible place to work add calls on without asking and when you refuse to do them they drop shift you £40. No appreciation towards staff they don't pay mileage. Would not recommend working here.
Only had break after 6/7hours
Care Worker/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Charnwood23 July 2018
Long days I would start at 7am and not have a break for 6/7 hours really nice clients though. Bullied from senior carer no help from the office. Their on call people would go on and on making you feel guilty if you could not cover calls. Only five minutes to drive from one end of town to the other. Other carers are nice and helpful. It's just the office I found rude and unhelpful they are not bothered about you
I would avoid this company
Pros
Lovely people to visit
Cons
Long hours no breaks
awful job
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire21 July 2018
typical day is running all over one call one side of town then miles to next most enjoyable part of the job is clients but they all moan about times of calls training is a bare minimum. hours are shocking too many sitting around for hours especially as they put single calls with doubles so you have to wait for your double up partner. waiting in all day to start work at 7pm not good not getting home till 11.15 at night
Pros
Cons
too many long hours
Love this company
Care worker assistant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, County Down9 July 2018
I can’t fault Caremark . Flexible working hours and staff is well looked after.
Looking forward to going back after my maternity leave.
.caremark is great
Caremark-Woodford
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caremark Woodford28 June 2018
This is by far the worst company to work for!! The management are rude and not polite.. long hours.. the distances from house to house is a joke. You dont have any breaks unless a client is in hospital then your sitting around outside clients houses waiting. You are based on a zero contract so legally u can decline work but even if your child is ill they say your child can come work with you and wait in the car i will not recommend working here at all
Pros
The only pros are some of the clients are lovely
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, loads of walking, not understanding at all
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester8 June 2018
Left for work by 7am. Returned home approx 10pm Spent many hours sat around waiting for next call / not having enough time to get from one person to the next. Management were no help. Hardest part of the job was the sitting around waiting for next call. Could be out for 15 hrs but only got paid for time actually with client. Enjoyed meeting new clients and helping them
Pros
Cons
long hours hanging about as didn't get petrol money and couldn't afford to go home inbetween jobs
was ok
Care Worker/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire3 June 2018
Normal day at work started with getting all my clients ready in the morning for their day. Giving medication or sorting out meals.
I learned that at some point in your life you might need assistance to do what you use to do with ease.
I obtained a level 2nvq I social care
Hardest part of the job was the long hours and walking in all weathers to get to jobs and the lack of work life balance.
Most enjoyable part was listening to the stories of how couples met an fell in love and stories from the war, also being appreciated for your work/help.
Fun workplace
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex30 May 2018
A typical day of work for me is good. I travel from home from home to help the elderly who need help and i enjoy my job. I learned how to manage different people with different situations and how to handle them. I was able to learn about different cultures with different people which taught me a lot.A hard part for me was when i worked with people with mental difficulties they say different things and change what they say and their opinions which then changes what i do regularly but as time went i learned how to handle them. I enjoyed working with the elderly.
Pros
They treated everyone equally and with respect and gave a good salary.
Cons
Sometime even when i am not meant to be working they called me to cover a other peoples shifts.
Don’t waste your time
Co ordination (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex30 May 2018
Avoid Caremark at all costs! Their are much better agencies out there. They lie, bully and black mail you. Unprofessional. Don’t give you enough money mileage or the right mileage. The manager can be aggressive. She lies the most. Everyone has left quickly because of this. Even other senior staff. They don’t do things above board at all. Theyre not good at paying properly. Can get you 10-11 ex staff to also give reviews. Hardly any hours. Promise you everything to start then it all changes and very quickly.
Pros
The lovely service users
Cons
All above
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pulborough30 May 2018
No respect, no travel time, unable to get the time off required. Somethings they don’t fill your availability which is fine however if you make plans in between your calls, they will then just fill the gaps without asking as “it’s within your availability”. Even if you are sick they make you work and say “we have no body to cover the calls, so you have to do it”. The Rota is changed all the time and they fail to tell the clients of the new times. You are expected to cut calls short because you have no time to get to call to call. I handed my notice in after a few years, I didn’t even get confirmation that they had received my notice or a thank you for the hard work I did. Apparently you have to give 4weeks notice to change your availability which is a load of rubbish as it’s a 0 hour contract which means they are not abliged to give us work and we do not have to take it.
Pros
Its work
Cons
Organisation
Don't even bother
Carer Support Worker (Former Employee) –  East Riding of Yorkshire27 May 2018
Worked here for 3 years, on leaving I didn't get a single thank you or good luck from management or supervisor despite consistently receiving carer of the month for good work.
Overworked and undervalued. Expected to work from 7am - 10pm with no breaks as they class your (unpaid!) travel time as a break. The clients are lovely but never got their complaints and issues rectified as the office staff seemed not to care, high turnover rate and constantly understaffed. They don't seem to understand that if they look after their staff the staff would do a better job at looking after the clients. Seen many young, hopeful carers come into the job wanting to do their best but with no support from above having to leave due to the amount of pressure they are put under.
No further training despite constantly asking for it at supervisions.
Phoned on every day off and expected to cover sickness.
Pros
Making a real difference to the service users and a lot if gratitude from them
Cons
Long days, rubbish pay, management don't care about you
Terrible communication
CSW (Former Employee) –  Worcester and Malvern21 May 2018
Staff are poorly lead. The directors are quick to blame staff for their own incompetencies when all the staff do is follow instruction from them. The directors contradict a lot. All in all, not a good place to work. Says it all when staff don’t stay more than 3 months. They don’t give a monkeys for the staff who are always pushed for time and under preasure.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Poor leadership
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London21 May 2018
no work for my availability but still taking on New carers. Pick up and drop you as and when they want. Worst company you could work for !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love my job!
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire21 May 2018
I have been working for Caremark (Mansfield) for two and a half years now, I have worked for several other home care companies and if I'm honest, no company comes close to Caremark (Mansfield) Right from the beginning I was treated as an individual, training is great and ongoing, the other carers, my clients and the office team are fab, always there if you need help with something, we even get cards and a gift voucher on our birthday, it makes us feel valued and worth something.
I would never work anywhere else! Everyday is completely different, yes there are some changes made to rotas and things, but things happen, clients go into hospital, carers ring in sick, we take the rough with the smooth! There are far more good days than not so good days.
I'm paid well, with travel time and mileage, we're always paid on time, if I've ever needed money partway through the month for an emergency its always been lent to me without question. That means everything when theres a pricey car repair to be done.
Pros
Great treaining, great team, great clients!
Cons
Hours can be long some days.
nice people to work with
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire18 May 2018
they do really good training with lots of different equipment, then look after you when you first start.
I really enjoy working with the other carers who are helpful and friendly, and the pay and benefits are better than at other companies in Aylesbury.
Pros
good pay, good support from supervisor, flexible hours
Excellent!
Care and Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire18 May 2018
From working here myself for over 3 and a half years, I can tell you exactly what it is like. The management are supportive, understanding and flexible with your needs - inside and outside of the office. The training is relatable, fun and a great way to get started and introduced in to care work and Caremark (Mansfield).
Without a doubt, bad days do occur through staff sickness but where doesn't this happen nowadays?
I know first hand, whenever I have had a problem, someone has been there to support me and help me through it in any way they could. Knowing I have the support of the whole team makes coming to work much more comfortable. If there has ever been a time I have needed to speak to the oncall they always answer and guide me or support me through a situation. The office staff are friendly and polite and always willing to help with a difficult situation or if you need a 'favour' as such. Everybody knows you will never please everyone, but they do try their hardest to do so.

Very approachable, friendly team and amazing to be a part of.
Pros
Loads of support any time you need it, progression opportunities
Cons
Shift work, can be long hours if you make yourself available for it
Aylesbury Caremark - Great support
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire14 May 2018
I worked for the Aylesbury Branch which was a positive experience, one of the best care companies I worked for.

You will always have support and if you have any troubles you can go into the office and speak to there HR team and they will sort out your problem within a day.

Good rota's and regular clients & NO 15 minute calls

Will return
Pros
Support, Work and Regular clients
awful!!
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire14 May 2018
Caremark (Mansfield) is the worst place I have ever worked by far. You get limited training especially if your new new to care you don’t even get shown how to use a rotunda or slide sheet, they don’t even have a bed to practice on so when your out in the real world you don’t have a clue! They’re not supportive at all, they don’t care about you or the clients all they care about is the money coming in. They ring you on your days off and constantly pester you to work even after saying no! Mileage is shocking and travel time is shocking, And well for management all I can say is absolutely shocking they wouldn’t know how to manage the place if it was the last thing that hit them, even check their cqc score for management (needs improvement) so good luck to anyone that applys for a job with them because you need it! And there basically running their business into the ground!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caremark. Our community is ready to answer.