Careermakers

Careermakers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom43 reviews
I had 9 mths work thru this agency and they don't pay u a decent wage for all the hard graft that u put in, however I strongly believe that much of this is down to money loving companies who don't appreciate good loyal workers!...Poor communication wiv this agency at times!
Pros
Long term work plus Saturdays
Cons
Poor pay + communication!
Is ok can be better pay sometime short hours , you go at work knowing what time you start and finish but you finish to early .
I like that my college knows to speak English,years back it was harder
Pros
More collaboration
Cons
Considering
I had a bad experience with Rares,he said he'll help me get a job,he called me like one hour before to go to the job that he offered me and it was impossible for me cause I don't have a car.After that call,I didn't even get a message from him .Well done Careermakers🤬.Avoid this agency
Place is absolute chaos.
Do not work here by any means for any agency. It’s a ruthless place to work!! TUFFNELLS PARCEL EXPRESS.

Do not recommend to anyone Avoid at all costs
Pros
Breaks whenever. Laughs with the lads
Cons
Everything. Compete chaos
Waste of time & effort.Promise ongoing work & can’t even give two full days.Messed my £ which was over a week late.Give decent agencies a bad name.Worth avoiding!
Pros
Cons
Plenty
I worked there and they was not friendly and the company is all about money they didn't teach me properly plus they are all foreign so you cant understand what there saying. Really don't recommend this job at all and it is not clean, only the canteen is clean. Also they say when you apply its ready meals its not its sushi fish.
Can't say much wrong about them,only worked a week as I quickly realised nights was not my thing, however as disappointed as they were they still paid me the agreed rate and on time which I was well happy with as I half expected to be messed around, but to their credit they were spot on.
Pros
A honest agency
Cons
these company has poor rating very unprofessional and not organised at all. they will get a worker just to cover for one day and will lie by saying it is permanent but they realise yu next day.
Having been released from prison after serving a 12 year sentence for armed robbery and violence i was finding it difficult to secure employment . Applied to this agency and they said my past wasn't a problem . Soon had work and still working .Great agency .Thankyou.
Really good agency. When I registered they found perfect work for me within 4 days. Cash always on time on my account. Realy nice people in agency and in work place. Like for me the best agency... THANK YOU VERY MUCH 😊
I'm embroidery machine operator. Nice work and you must think what u doing... you don't working like robot...

8h work and 0.5h break

Nice people

You don't need to have safety shoes
I have been dealing with Career Makers for approximately 3 years, both as a candidate and a client. Whilst in between roles, I was inducted and taken onto their books, the experience was easy and slick, I was dealt with in a respectful and professional manner. Some will say that was because I had been a contract giver in the past however, I witnessed the same interaction with other candidates.
As a client of theirs they also showcase a professionalism that has won my business again, in fact we are about to sign a 24 month exclusivity deal.

Business relationships in this field of operation can be difficult to forge and manage, in my experience Career Makers have always listened to my exact requirements and tried to deliver. When my expectation was not met they moved swiftly to rectify the issue.

Agencies get a significant amount of poor press and in some cases that is deserved, in my experience of Career Makers they go the extra mile, listen intently to their customers requirements and just ''do what it says on the tin'' .

I highly recommend the whole team and, if the performance is maintained at the level it is, I would find it extremely difficult to move away from them.

If you are looking for work - give them a call, if you are serious about working for them - they will in turn work hard for you.

If you are looking for staff at a fair price with an agency that invests time and energy in you as a client - look no further.

Operations Manager North West Region.
Pros
Professional and they listen.
I was told I had a job so I went to another city for a few days work I went in one day and waited over 6 hours
To start a shift, I advised the company I was going home as I couldn’t wait to work any longer I was told I could come back the next day and be paid the full amount, I left the agency shortly and had to call over 20 times to be told I won’t be paid for my hours as the agency has no record of me. The company is a joke and basically illegal I don’t even care about the money I just don’t like people who use others for there own gain
Pros
Cons
There a joke
friendly staff and helpfull i have no problems with any staff they listen to what you say and are always polite.. they help in any way they can a good pplace to work
Pros
pay quickly
Cons
no cons
Was told they had work did all paperwork still no call 3 weeks still waiting they advised fake jobs that don't exist a very poor agency stay away from this lot
Cons
It's about time somebody stepped in and shut these robbing cowboys down...... They pay Sometimes on a Monday instead of a Friday (that's if you get paid). They lie to you regarding the rates. If you ring them and complain they just give you abuse over the phone.
Pros
Cons
Everything about them....
Really don't understand how this agency manages to make money other than from probably selling customers personal information on no doubt as you have to go into their office's to sign up through a lengthy unessarry process which no jobs ever get offered to you.
Something's not right about this company!
Pros
Going elsewhere.
Cons
Waste of air used talking to them.
waste of time !!! dont bother phoning you only give you jobs that flipflop lot dont want . ive got 32 years tipper driving experience and all they offer me is poxy van driving jobs delivering bread !!! Zak im afraid is clueless and if your looking for a decent driver agency try DRIVER HIRE in preston they care about there drivers not treat us like 10 a penny fuckwits .
Pros
Cons
Career makers
packing perfumes and gift sets,eye for detail required.Left to get on with daily tasks by managment just under supervisor control
Some times fast pace required for urgent deliveries
Pros
finsh daily shift at 2pm
Cons
cold warehouse enviroment
Dont apply for this job role!!!! Rang the office to know more about the Admin Assistant job in Oldham and the lady on the phone who was a polish lady mentioned if you can speak polish apply.Errrm Hello how about you advertise the job properly then.It doesnt mention anything ahout having to speak polish it just clearly mentions you need to know how to speak English.The person who has advertised this role post is clearly stupid.
Pros
Cons
Misleading!
Terrible company they ring you regarding a job you've applied for ask you to send personal document over to them through email. Don't get back to you about the job role has that twice with this company.
Cons
I contacted these idiots a couple of months ago as they were advertising painting works but on a price work basis and I informed them that agencies do hourly rates! My comments went straight over their thick heads! Avoid!