Careerlink Ltd Employee Reviews

A stressfull venue, but my first legal job.
Warehouse Operative/Picker. (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands, UK.5 February 2015
About Careerlink:

1. ~ To them, You are considered just as a NUMBER (they call for many people than needed (to avoid those not turning up) and the extra are simply sent back home,

2. ~ There is no point of binding staffs to showing up 45 minutes early (not be paid for that),

3. ~ When you turn high rate, they won't need you any more,

4. ~ You do not feel that the principle of Equal opportunity apply,

5. ~ Co-workers do not face necessarily the same realities, whether you are a girl, an indian, a polish, etc.

6. ~ The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are appointed to work at Parsonage Street, Oldbury (DPD/Birds), dealing with the small parcels.

7. ~ The hardest one is when you have to lift up lot of heavy parcels (10 to 35 kg).

About the work frame

1. The technology of the machinery in Hub 1(Smethwick), is too old, so too noisy; the work frame is dusty, and the Hub 1 appears overpopulated;
2. The overrepresentation of some phenotype makes you fell being some where in India; to me it is not an aleatory coincidence.
3. There is a culture of shouting at junior worker; this is obvious from the Hub manager, down to the team leader.
(TNT Executives are rather friendly and their company business is as well prosperous. N.B:Throughout Manpower, I have been working for TNT at Atherstone)

Conclusion

To sum up, since the business prove to be prosperous, the human being, as the most important of the production factors, should be treated with some more considerations.
I would not recommend this job to a relative, except whether you take
  more... it for a short period, or as a springboard to give you a much more momentum for a better opportunity.  less
Pros
Pay rate (10.50/Hour), Hub 2 (Smethwick) and Hub 3 (Oldbury) do offer nice work frames in terme of health and safety
Cons
At Smethwick, the technology is too old in Hub 1. It is too noisy; also, the hub1 is dusty and appears overpopulated.
Enjoyable and useful learning experience within the recruitment industry
Recruitment worker (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Walsall 3 June 2013
Provided a greater understanding of the recruitment industry offering in-depth knowledge regarding the selection process of suitable candidates. Also provided an understanding concerning contracts with not only candidates but organisations that the agency supplied workers too.

The job offered flexible working hours in consideration to my Business Management degree as at the time balancing my final year with work was difficult.
Pros
Flexible working hours, support of, management regarding my degree
Cons
Balancing work with university
Good Job No Security
FLT Driver/Goods In (Former Employee) –  Willenhall4 March 2013
A typical day at work working through careerlink was catching the bus to the placement working 8 - 4.45 and working with some interesting and different people. I learnt how to manage with set backs and how to push on when things were not going the way they had been planned. The hardest parts of the job were never knowing what was going to come in, having to deal with the majority of the problems within the factory and getting the brunt of the blame when parts were not in stock although that wasn't my role as goods in. The best parts of the job were being able to do things to the best of my ability and seeing success for myself and my colleague on goods in. I enjoyed working with everyone there as I get on with all people but also because they took me for me and enjoyed the spark I brought to Assa Abloy.
Pros
12.30 finish on friday
Cons
no stability as position was temporary