Careerlink Ltd Employee Review

View all Careerlink Ltd reviews

Parasitic liars
warehouse picking & packing (Former Employee) –  Oldbury20 November 2015
I'm currently looking for a solid night job, so understandably the offer of £10 per hour after a probation period of 12 weeks sounded fantastic, reality however couldn't be further from the truth.
After an unpaid induction at 9pm-11pm (had to 've there 7 though) the following morning I was summoned to the office to pay a deposit of 16 pounds for my uniform (Just sweater and polo) to be told I was working that night at one of the hubs in smethwick. I had to bring up the matter of availability and upon further inquiring about just how likely it was to be kept on after the 12 weeks , I was basically glared at and told if I was a good worker the company would keep me on.

After having to buy my own boots and cargos , I showed up to the hub early and spoke to as many other workers as I could regarding the security of the job post probation period and was informed that nearly all of the staff were abandoned after the seasonal period and that anybody who did get the fabled pay rise, was also only given a 6-10 hour contract. This was enough for me, combined with the facts that :

No phones allowed on premises + no specified finish time make getting from there all but impossible unless you drive.

A single late or sick day in the 12 week period and you are disposed of.

The agency deliberately overbook for shifts so there are always people being sent home after travelling to the depot.

There are no set shifts. You are called at 9am in the morning, despite the fact that you do not even finish until 3/4 am being told you are in that night.

Dpd seem like a truly
  more... amazing company to work for but doing so through these con artists is Ill advised.  less
Pros
What pros?
Cons
Everything. Complete lack of staff appreciation

Other Careerlink Ltd Employee Reviews

Rubbish
worker (Former Employee) –  Smethwick, West Midlands26 November 2019
The people working there are stuck up. Considering I am a reliable worker I work all the shifts they give they still treat me like nothing. I called once to let them know I cant make it, she was stubborn and and argued over the phone. Rubbish place to work, people don't care about you, Individuals are discriminated and marginalised due to race. So many of these people are racists. THINK TWICE BEFORE WORKING HERE.
Warehouse Career link
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire29 October 2019
This agency Career Link, is rubbished I'm never see nothing like that, the person's in the phone is so rude sometimes I think this people's is not having love at night.
Pros
Not free nothing you need to pay coffee and tea everything.
Cons
Not paying 11.15£, is paying is the true 8.21£

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Careerlink Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

1.7