worked for this agency in a furniture shop in Wednesbury caught bus or biked every day turned up on time worked overtime had a holiday booked explained to agency and company response yeah that's fine just come back in when you've arrived back only to be phoned on the way home from airport to be told your not needed anymore we will find you something else thought id be treated a little better after 10 weeks on there books
i originally started working night shifts got paid minimum wage and not a penny more overtime now only working 1-2 days a week i feel i am just a number and not being treated fairly at all i would not recommend to anyone
Don't use Careerlink they are rubbish I went to work for dpd in Oldbury and they only booked me for one shift last Wednesday and never phoned me back for another shift I won.t be using Careerlink ever again
Career link😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 that's all I have to say,Keep away from this so called agency,Plenty more decent ones out there guys who pay better and treat you better.And forget about the 12 week lies coz that's what it is lies.
1. ~ To them, You are considered just as a NUMBER (they call for many people than needed (to avoid those not turning up) and the extra are simply sent back home,
2. ~ There is no point of binding staffs to showing up 45 minutes early (not be paid for that),
3. ~ When you turn high rate, they won't need you any more,
4. ~ You do not feel that the principle of Equal opportunity apply,
5. ~ Co-workers do not face necessarily the same realities, whether you are a girl, an indian, a polish, etc.
6. ~ The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are appointed to work at Parsonage Street, Oldbury (DPD/Birds), dealing with the small parcels.
7. ~ The hardest one is when you have to lift up lot of heavy parcels (10 to 35 kg).
About the work frame
1. The technology of the machinery in Hub 1(Smethwick), is too old, so too noisy; the work frame is dusty, and the Hub 1 appears overpopulated; 2. The overrepresentation of some phenotype makes you fell being some where in India; to me it is not an aleatory coincidence. 3. There is a culture of shouting at junior worker; this is obvious from the Hub manager, down to the team leader. (TNT Executives are rather friendly and their company business is as well prosperous. N.B:Throughout Manpower, I have been working for TNT at Atherstone)
To sum up, since the business prove to be prosperous, the human being, as the most important of the production factors, should be treated with some more considerations. I would not recommend this job to a relative, except whether you takemore... it for a short period, or as a springboard to give you a much more momentum for a better opportunity.less
Pay rate (10.50/Hour), Hub 2 (Smethwick) and Hub 3 (Oldbury) do offer nice work frames in terme of health and safety
At Smethwick, the technology is too old in Hub 1. It is too noisy; also, the hub1 is dusty and appears overpopulated.