Careerlink Ltd Employee Reviews in Walsall

Not a good company to work for.
General operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall18 June 2018
Once you complete 13 weeks at lower rate cut your hours to between 8-16 per week apart from cristmas month then expected to work up to 16 hours per day, poor people skills
Pros
Cons
Lots
Attitude
Customer (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands18 May 2018
Consultant rude with a patronizing aggressive tone.
Demanding I forget my other interviews to sign up with them to 'potentially' start this apparent job on Monday.
Nice try, try fooling someone else
joke
dog body (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands28 January 2017
Shut this place down.lies and never get u work mess u about also................ ........dont sign up for this place.the words...we will ring u back and dont
Terrible
parcel (Current Employee) –  Walsall17 January 2016
The pay is ok but it's not worth the amount of hours u work. The agency staff are nice to u for the first couple months when u earn 7.45 per hour. But when ur going close to high rate wage they get all rude and don't wna give u any shifts. U used to get 5 per week now I get like 1 lol. And the dpd work place is a flop the managers treat u like.
Pros
Cons
Too many
A stressfull venue, but my first legal job.
Warehouse Operative/Picker. (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands, UK.5 February 2015
About Careerlink:

1. ~ To them, You are considered just as a NUMBER (they call for many people than needed (to avoid those not turning up) and the extra are simply sent back home,

2. ~ There is no point of binding staffs to showing up 45 minutes early (not be paid for that),

3. ~ When you turn high rate, they won't need you any more,

4. ~ You do not feel that the principle of Equal opportunity apply,

5. ~ Co-workers do not face necessarily the same realities, whether you are a girl, an indian, a polish, etc.

6. ~ The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are appointed to work at Parsonage Street, Oldbury (DPD/Birds), dealing with the small parcels.

7. ~ The hardest one is when you have to lift up lot of heavy parcels (10 to 35 kg).

About the work frame

1. The technology of the machinery in Hub 1(Smethwick), is too old, so too noisy; the work frame is dusty, and the Hub 1 appears overpopulated;
2. The overrepresentation of some phenotype makes you fell being some where in India; to me it is not an aleatory coincidence.
3. There is a culture of shouting at junior worker; this is obvious from the Hub manager, down to the team leader.
(TNT Executives are rather friendly and their company business is as well prosperous. N.B:Throughout Manpower, I have been working for TNT at Atherstone)

Conclusion

To sum up, since the business prove to be prosperous, the human being, as the most important of the production factors, should be treated with some more considerations.
I would not recommend this job to a relative, except whether you take
  more... it for a short period, or as a springboard to give you a much more momentum for a better opportunity.  less
Pros
Pay rate (10.50/Hour), Hub 2 (Smethwick) and Hub 3 (Oldbury) do offer nice work frames in terme of health and safety
Cons
At Smethwick, the technology is too old in Hub 1. It is too noisy; also, the hub1 is dusty and appears overpopulated.
Enjoyable and useful learning experience within the recruitment industry
Recruitment worker (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Walsall 3 June 2013
Provided a greater understanding of the recruitment industry offering in-depth knowledge regarding the selection process of suitable candidates. Also provided an understanding concerning contracts with not only candidates but organisations that the agency supplied workers too.

The job offered flexible working hours in consideration to my Business Management degree as at the time balancing my final year with work was difficult.
Pros
Flexible working hours, support of, management regarding my degree
Cons
Balancing work with university