Careerlink Ltd

Careerlink Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews
They found me a job as a welder. I ended up not being paid for a week's work and despite a lot of letters I never received the week's pay I was entitled to. After a long fight I managed to get some money except for 2.5 days but I didn't receive any pay slips or a P45 when I left there.
Pros
Cons
Not paid properly. No P45 or wage slips
Worst agency you can ever work for is Career Link please I am asking from the bottom of my heart don’t work for this agency look for something else please don’t they staff are rude and they will book you for a shift with out your permission and if u refuse t go they will threaten to dismiss you it’s not worth it
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything rude staff etc too much to name
Where to start? Its hard, fast paced work. This would be ok if it weren't for every other aspect of the job.

Poor money, treated as a disposable worker not as a person, queues at the end of the day (often over 15 minutes and outside in the cold, in what is supposed to be your own time) to get through security. For some reason when they built this multimillion pound state of the art facility they forgot to install a second security scanner...

They will ring you every morning at 9/10am to confirm your shift, which is a lovely wake up call after your 5 hours sleep since going to bed after a night shift at 4am. And if you don't get the call guess what, you won't be working that night. Terrible system.

Avoid if you can.
Pros
Some great people here, students, artists, entrepeneurs, the managment doesnt realise how lucky they are. Free parking.
Cons
Poor money. Hard graft. Poor agency. Suprisingly bad work/life balance for a warehouse job.
Horrible attitude from the conductor. Information from various staff members contradicting the advert and each other whilst I'm in the room. They are script readers, I filled in the form exactly how it asked me to,yet the conductor was adamant that I 'HAD' to fill in these other bits, until I pointed out she was wrong. The conductor was not pleased to be made to look foolish and proceeded to argue with me about my reluctance to fill in the DBS form they provided me, even while I was holding my current and valid DBS obtained the last time I worked at this position. The conductor had no idea how to do their job and was treating me like I was the idiot because they didn't know how to go off script.
The people working there are stuck up. Considering I am a reliable worker I work all the shifts they give they still treat me like nothing. I called once to let them know I cant make it, she was stubborn and and argued over the phone. Rubbish place to work, people don't care about you, Individuals are discriminated and marginalised due to race. So many of these people are racists. THINK TWICE BEFORE WORKING HERE.
This agency Career Link, is rubbished I'm never see nothing like that, the person's in the phone is so rude sometimes I think this people's is not having love at night.
Pros
Not free nothing you need to pay coffee and tea everything.
Cons
Not paying 11.15£, is paying is the true 8.21£
Right where to start , past comments are true you work 13 weeks then work drops off and there's no work for you and get rid of you. don't believe there lies.you may get sent to stourport . agency are a waste of time too , its up to you but i would not waste you time with them. believe in the masses we don't lie.
Pros
some good guy to work with.
Cons
non
worked for this agency in a furniture shop in Wednesbury caught bus or biked every day turned up on time worked overtime had a holiday booked explained to agency and company response yeah that's fine just come back in when you've arrived back only to be phoned on the way home from airport to be told your not needed anymore we will find you something else thought id be treated a little better after 10 weeks on there books
Pros
Cons
no respect
Great bunch at the Walsall office. Went and registered and got the job straight away. Totally honest with me. Looking forward to working with them. Cheers Dave
Honestly, work staff are reliable and are always helpful as they always reply in quick period of time, always let me know things that i should know and the duration of the job.

They always pay in time and never let me down. Not only this but there are many other things that I could say like the fact that they have an ideal job in mind for you and will help in your decisions.
Pros
Listed in my review
Cons
Non
Stay away guys, this agency is full of scum. Not good agency for work. Shame money is not everything peace is important as well that job was bad like I was working in coal mines. Was nearly going to die.
Cons
Once you complete 13 weeks at lower rate cut your hours to between 8-16 per week apart from cristmas month then expected to work up to 16 hours per day, poor people skills
Pros
Cons
Lots
In all honesty give career link a wide birth. This has nothing to do with the actual places you may end up working (probably not) it's to do with the agency. Don't waste your time and effort with false hopes of employment. You will be told you are starting at a company, to ignore other job offers. Nothing will come of it, all you will get is soon, soon. On the slight chance you do land a job through them you will come to discover that you are not on the agreed salary and it will be subject to review after 12 weeks. If you work 12 weeks you will then be withdrawn from where you were working and replaced with someone else. I know this because it happend to me and a friend. Then when he has done is 12 weeks they will take him off the job and will ring you and ask you to go back and guess what... MINIMUM WAGE so they can pocket the rest. AVOID AVOID AVOID. Try orbital recruitment or proactive personnel i have had a good experience with them.
Pros
Cons
All of that has been explained
Consultant rude with a patronizing aggressive tone.
Demanding I forget my other interviews to sign up with them to 'potentially' start this apparent job on Monday.

Nice try, try fooling someone else
Treat you like a dog drops your contract when its not busy and restarts your contract also a good way for them to keep you off the higher salary not a good place
Cons
i originally started working night shifts got paid minimum wage and not a penny more overtime now only working 1-2 days a week i feel i am just a number and not being treated fairly at all i would not recommend to anyone
Pros
Cons
promised to much gets you nowhere
The agents are scammers, and will steal your wages. They lie about the rate to get you onto a job, then deny any such agreement or conversation on hourly rate! Beware scott cooper!!! You have been warned!
Cons
Long hours, underpaid.
Shut this place down.lies and never get u work mess u about also................ ........dont sign up for this place.the words...we will ring u back and dont
Cons
Absolutely pathetic, never even gave me a shift for DPD, just keep saying they are trying to fit me in. KEEP AWAY from this terrible agency.
Pros
Cons
Pathetic
Don't use Careerlink they are rubbish I went to work for dpd in Oldbury and they only booked me for one shift last Wednesday and never phoned me back for another shift I won.t be using Careerlink ever again
Pros
No pros
Cons
Treated you like rubbish
Career link😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 that's all I have to say,Keep away from this so called agency,Plenty more decent ones out there guys who pay better and treat you better.And forget about the 12 week lies coz that's what it is lies.
Pros
Cons
all
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Careerlink Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
1.6