Careerlink Ltd Employee Reviews

lies lies lies
worker (Former Employee) –  Stourbridge, West Midlands lye7 October 2019
Right where to start , past comments are true you work 13 weeks then work drops off and there's no work for you and get rid of you. don't believe there lies.you may get sent to stourport . agency are a waste of time too , its up to you but i would not waste you time with them. believe in the masses we don't lie.
Pros
some good guy to work with.
Cons
non
poor work ethic from agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands30 July 2019
worked for this agency in a furniture shop in Wednesbury caught bus or biked every day turned up on time worked overtime had a holiday booked explained to agency and company response yeah that's fine just come back in when you've arrived back only to be phoned on the way home from airport to be told your not needed anymore we will find you something else thought id be treated a little better after 10 weeks on there books
Pros
Cons
no respect
Excellent agency
Production operative (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands18 December 2018
Great bunch at the Walsall office. Went and registered and got the job straight away. Totally honest with me. Looking forward to working with them. Cheers Dave
Reliable and honestly great!
Driver (Current Employee) –  England11 December 2018
Honestly, work staff are reliable and are always helpful as they always reply in quick period of time, always let me know things that i should know and the duration of the job.

They always pay in time and never let me down. Not only this but there are many other things that I could say like the fact that they have an ideal job in mind for you and will help in your decisions.
Pros
Listed in my review
Cons
Non
Puppets
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands26 June 2018
Stay away guys, this agency is full of scum. Not good agency for work. Shame money is not everything peace is important as well that job was bad like I was working in coal mines. Was nearly going to die.
Cons
Not a good company to work for.
General operative (Former Employee) –  Walsall18 June 2018
Once you complete 13 weeks at lower rate cut your hours to between 8-16 per week apart from cristmas month then expected to work up to 16 hours per day, poor people skills
Pros
Cons
Lots
False hopes, utter waste of time
Messed about employee (Former Employee) –  Somewhere26 May 2018
In all honesty give career link a wide birth. This has nothing to do with the actual places you may end up working (probably not) it's to do with the agency. Don't waste your time and effort with false hopes of employment. You will be told you are starting at a company, to ignore other job offers. Nothing will come of it, all you will get is soon, soon. On the slight chance you do land a job through them you will come to discover that you are not on the agreed salary and it will be subject to review after 12 weeks. If you work 12 weeks you will then be withdrawn from where you were working and replaced with someone else. I know this because it happend to me and a friend. Then when he has done is 12 weeks they will take him off the job and will ring you and ask you to go back and guess what... MINIMUM WAGE so they can pocket the rest. AVOID AVOID AVOID. Try orbital recruitment or proactive personnel i have had a good experience with them.
Pros
Cons
All of that has been explained
Attitude
Customer (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands18 May 2018
Consultant rude with a patronizing aggressive tone.
Demanding I forget my other interviews to sign up with them to 'potentially' start this apparent job on Monday.
Nice try, try fooling someone else
Disgusting place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Smethwick, West Midlands31 March 2018
Treat you like a dog drops your contract when its not busy and restarts your contract also a good way for them to keep you off the higher salary not a good place
Rubish agency
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  dpd16 January 2018
i originally started working night shifts got paid minimum wage and not a penny more overtime now only working 1-2 days a week i feel i am just a number and not being treated fairly at all i would not recommend to anyone
Pros
Cons
promised to much gets you nowhere
Agent
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent10 November 2017
The agents are scammers, and will steal your wages. They lie about the rate to get you onto a job, then deny any such agreement or conversation on hourly rate! Beware scott cooper!!! You have been warned!
Cons
Long hours, underpaid.
joke
dog body (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands28 January 2017
Shut this place down.lies and never get u work mess u about also................ ........dont sign up for this place.the words...we will ring u back and dont
Pathetic
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Smethwick, West Midlands1 December 2016
Absolutely pathetic, never even gave me a shift for DPD, just keep saying they are trying to fit me in. KEEP AWAY from this terrible agency.
Pros
Cons
Pathetic
Not good
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Oldbury, West Midlands29 November 2016
Don't use Careerlink they are rubbish I went to work for dpd in Oldbury and they only booked me for one shift last Wednesday and never phoned me back for another shift I won.t be using Careerlink ever again
Pros
No pros
Cons
Treated you like rubbish
Lies lies lies
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Oldbury and smethick28 November 2016
Career linkπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ that's all I have to say,Keep away from this so called agency,Plenty more decent ones out there guys who pay better and treat you better.And forget about the 12 week lies coz that's what it is lies.
Pros
Cons
all
Dont sign up
Dogs body (Former Employee) –  Smethwick16 February 2016
This is a horrible place to work for, pay is rubbish, people are horrible, DPD staff treat you very badly. They will not keep you on for the elusive Β£10.00 per hour
Pros
Cons
everythimg
As I work for a busy work company and also where work is always following along. The start of the work could be heavy or light.
deckhand worker (Current Employee) –  Smethwick23 January 2016
A typical day at work.
As I work for a busy work company and also where work is always following along. The start of the work could be heavy or light in carrying.
Terrible
parcel (Current Employee) –  Walsall17 January 2016
The pay is ok but it's not worth the amount of hours u work. The agency staff are nice to u for the first couple months when u earn 7.45 per hour. But when ur going close to high rate wage they get all rude and don't wna give u any shifts. U used to get 5 per week now I get like 1 lol. And the dpd work place is a flop the managers treat u like.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Parasitic liars
warehouse picking & packing (Former Employee) –  Oldbury20 November 2015
I'm currently looking for a solid night job, so understandably the offer of Β£10 per hour after a probation period of 12 weeks sounded fantastic, reality however couldn't be further from the truth.
After an unpaid induction at 9pm-11pm (had to 've there 7 though) the following morning I was summoned to the office to pay a deposit of 16 pounds for my uniform (Just sweater and polo) to be told I was working that night at one of the hubs in smethwick. I had to bring up the matter of availability and upon further inquiring about just how likely it was to be kept on after the 12 weeks , I was basically glared at and told if I was a good worker the company would keep me on.

After having to buy my own boots and cargos , I showed up to the hub early and spoke to as many other workers as I could regarding the security of the job post probation period and was informed that nearly all of the staff were abandoned after the seasonal period and that anybody who did get the fabled pay rise, was also only given a 6-10 hour contract. This was enough for me, combined with the facts that :

No phones allowed on premises + no specified finish time make getting from there all but impossible unless you drive.

A single late or sick day in the 12 week period and you are disposed of.

The agency deliberately overbook for shifts so there are always people being sent home after travelling to the depot.

There are no set shifts. You are called at 9am in the morning, despite the fact that you do not even finish until 3/4 am being told you are in that night.

Dpd seem like a truly
  more... amazing company to work for but doing so through these con artists is Ill advised.  less
Pros
What pros?
Cons
Everything. Complete lack of staff appreciation
A stressfull venue, but my first legal job.
Warehouse Operative/Picker. (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands, UK.5 February 2015
About Careerlink:

1. ~ To them, You are considered just as a NUMBER (they call for many people than needed (to avoid those not turning up) and the extra are simply sent back home,

2. ~ There is no point of binding staffs to showing up 45 minutes early (not be paid for that),

3. ~ When you turn high rate, they won't need you any more,

4. ~ You do not feel that the principle of Equal opportunity apply,

5. ~ Co-workers do not face necessarily the same realities, whether you are a girl, an indian, a polish, etc.

6. ~ The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are appointed to work at Parsonage Street, Oldbury (DPD/Birds), dealing with the small parcels.

7. ~ The hardest one is when you have to lift up lot of heavy parcels (10 to 35 kg).

About the work frame

1. The technology of the machinery in Hub 1(Smethwick), is too old, so too noisy; the work frame is dusty, and the Hub 1 appears overpopulated;
2. The overrepresentation of some phenotype makes you fell being some where in India; to me it is not an aleatory coincidence.
3. There is a culture of shouting at junior worker; this is obvious from the Hub manager, down to the team leader.
(TNT Executives are rather friendly and their company business is as well prosperous. N.B:Throughout Manpower, I have been working for TNT at Atherstone)

Conclusion

To sum up, since the business prove to be prosperous, the human being, as the most important of the production factors, should be treated with some more considerations.
I would not recommend this job to a relative, except whether you take
  more... it for a short period, or as a springboard to give you a much more momentum for a better opportunity.  less
Pros
Pay rate (10.50/Hour), Hub 2 (Smethwick) and Hub 3 (Oldbury) do offer nice work frames in terme of health and safety
Cons
At Smethwick, the technology is too old in Hub 1. It is too noisy; also, the hub1 is dusty and appears overpopulated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Careerlink Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

1.7