Career Teachers

Career Teachers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom27 reviews
Working at career teachers is an amazing opportunity to develop skills in communication and education. If your goal is to pursue a career in education or psychology or social care, career teachers provides chances to grow.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, good communication
Cons
Early morning starts
Not the best pay rates but friendly and would always have work for you. If you're versatile and prepared to do a bit of travelling you'll be well looked after.
Good company but going through a massive managerial change which caused a lot of issues within the business.

I would of stayed if things were different
Staff are very supportive and kind. Very well organized. Nothing to say.
Pros
well organized early morning bookings supply and cover work
Cons
salary
Very supportive, helpful, kind. They helped me relocate from Toronto to London, UK. They've been wonderful helping me find work at local schools which I like.
Working on daily or longer term supply basis covering South east London
Most enjoyable aspect of supply work is a realistic was a work life balance

Support from Career teachers team excellent
Pros
Working in different schools helped develop practice
Cons
Daily work not always guaranteed but that is the nature of supply teaching
I had a great time working with Career Teachers while I was teaching in London. I always had work and my consultants kept me updated about different roles coming up if I was interested in any of them. Would definitely recommend. They also provide a great relocation package if you are coming from overseas.
Pros
Relocation package, constant work, reliable consultants
Good organisation to work with. Interested in your development and provide excellent educational services to schools. The organisation also have good reputation and with most schools for producing well qualified staff.
Pros
Weekly and timely payment
It is one of the best I found. Professional, helpful, efficient and loads of school under their umbrella. 9 out of 10 times, they provide the work, long term or short term.
Pros
Understand your potential
I have work with career teachers for 5 years and I don't regret working with them. Excellent in everything and have the most delightful staff. But due to the fact, I moved to Coventry I'm no longer with them but if I didn't move I would still be with them.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Career Teachers?
My time at Career Teachers taught me so much, management was amazing and team members were extremely helpful. The work ethic was work hard and play hard.
I was able to receive a few pay rises while working there and my role was extremely rewarding. The hardest part of the job was to get everything done before the end of the day, so it was like a race yet this enabled me to prioritise and complete all my tasks in time.
Pros
great work environment, lots of energy
Cons
must be able to work with structure
I've been supplying in London since February and have joined Career Teachers in May. I have been working with two agencies and Career Teachers is the one that I would recommend. The consultants with Career Teachers are very friendly and helpful on a day to day basis. There is also consistent work with Career Teachers even during down times like after half term. The daily rate is also higher than other agencies. Overall, it has been great working with Career Teachers and I highly recommend working with them.
Pros
Higher pay, friendly staff, consistent work
I’ve been with two agencies and Career Teachers pays more (though I have heard of other agencies paying even more).
Work is very consistent and I’ve never had a day without work since joining Career Teachers.

Staff are professional and helpful. And as an added bonus, the socials are great!
Pros
consistent work, high-mid pay
Cons
some agencies pay even more
I have been supply teaching for Career Teachers for nearly two years now and rate the agency very highly. The consultants are friendly and approachable and they send me to a lot of outstanding schools. I was recommended Career Teachers by a friend and I too recommend them to all of my teacher friends. The rate of pay is higher than other agencies and they have plenty of work for supply teachers.
Pros
Lots of work, friendly
So far my experiences with them have been great; I get regular work and in the areas I've asked for. They also do their best to pre-book me work, which is appreciated.
Decent agency would recommend, there's not always work available especially in my area

Never met the CEO of Career teachers N/A
Pros
Enjoy working with children, good for my confidence
Cons
Pay could be better, never have in my work in my area and some staff are rude
Plenty of local work to meet my specifications. I like that there's a no-fuss payroll system and no need to complete a timesheet.

PS regarding the question at the end of this survey, I have never met the CEO, nor am I aware of their input, so can't really comment.
Pros
Friendly, accessible and accommodating
Cons
Rates of pay - but no worse than orher agencies
Friendly staff who keep in touch with you when finding supply teaching work.
Staff at Career Teachers do their best to get the most pay they can for you.
The staff are really friendly. I am very particular with my work requirements but they were very obliging.
They pretty much get me as much work as I want and they obviously try hard to find you longer term or permanent appointments if that's what you want.

I particularly like the fact that you can keep a rest of changes through their free training courses.
Pros
Free training courses
Career Teachers is a very helpful and professional agency when it comes to finding supply work as a relocated teacher in the UK. I've met very good professionals who are always ready to help.
What I also appreciate is the training courses I attended at the venue.
This is my second year working with Career teacher, and I'm happy with my consultant and the service offered by the company. I'm work two days in a week doing supply work in different schools across London, and they always give a school close to mine (or near by). I always been paid on time. I recommend this agency. Thanks.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Extended hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Career Teachers. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6