Care UK Ltd Employee Reviews

Good to work with
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester-le-Street17 June 2018
Always go that extra mile always happy to help people always happy in our jobs always help each other out if we need it confidence in our job role confident in what we do
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Long shift
Currently employed
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lowestoft, Suffolk16 June 2018
I have worked for Britten court for nearly 5 years it’s a lovely home to work at, mangers are friendly, training on hand
Mentors are set up for all new starters
Staff treated well and respected
Residents are at the heart of everything we do
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Uniform is hit
Bronsgrove
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromsgrove, Worcestershire13 June 2018
Did one day of traing. Never went back. Staff not doing much. Manager seemed a bit up her own .. you know what... carers are just the little people... looked really nice inside but a bit over the time.
Woring for care uk
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colchester9 June 2018
I thought care uk was goin to be a great place to work !! It wasn’t , manager support zero , deputy managers language is alful , manager comes across as friendly , but very unhelpful , two faced , wouldn’t recommend as a good happy place to work
Pros
Residents lovley people
Cons
Overall work load is unrealist and managers unhelpful
Unorganised management, admin staff rude, and too many chiefs not enough Indians
Healthcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 May 2018
Hardly any staff! Frequently the only carer for the unit if not the only member of staff for the unit! Frequently don’t get paid for extra shifts even though it is an electronic fob clock in clock out system! Admin staff rude, intimidating, unprofessional and storm around slamming doors, shouting and pointing their finger at you when you enquire about your wage! Added for extra shifts without any knowledge, for it then to go on your record as unauthorised absence! Hardly any gloves or wipes to use on your shift, nets are hidden by day staff and like gold dust, if you find a pair it’s like you have won the lottery! Too many chiefs and not enough Indians! When your wage is short you can have it back alright but only 68% of it! Residents know why you have been off sick because staff gossip around them, nothing gets done or sorted just brushed under the carpet, two faced staff, nothing exciting for supper for the residents as they close the main kitchen at night time, no time to take your hour break throughout the night due to either working alone or too much paperwork... understaffed, underpaid.. the list is endless.. no decent cleaning products provided just an unpleasant spray which gets on your chest and throat and doesn’t take away the smell of urine or feaces! Your personal details such as telephone number and address will be pinned to the unit wall for any tom or dic to see which breaches data protection of employees personal information.. so so many things wrong here
Pros
Caring for residents who need assistance, meeting new people, being there for residents to chat to and any other needs
Cons
Working alone frequently, no nets hardly or gloves and wipes because they are hidden by other staff, two faced staff, underpaid, poor management, too many chiefs not enough Indians
Not a company I would work for again
Homecare assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester26 May 2018
Office staff not very organised or helpful.
Many times office did not notify worker of client being in hospital.
Not enough pay for hours worked.
No breaks from start of day to end.
Pros
Meeting so many different individuals within the calls
care home where working and being happy is very important
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk17 May 2018
Started to work at Davers court care home Bury St Edmunds just recently. Amazing and very professional staff, hardworking and very polite and always smiling and extremely helpful .Residents are well looked after and home is so nice full of laughter and happiness and beautifully decorated.General Manager impress me so much the way she working with staff and the way she looking after each resident is just awesome. Food is excellent and activity is so good especially live singing where all residents get involved.. Residents are loved to bits and all staff always find time for little chat with residents.. Davers court-one very happy, well organise ,well led, lovely, gorgeous and beautiful home full of happiness .
Pros
many
Had Great Experience with English People
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom10 May 2018
Manager and All Staff members were very polite and gentle. They all are very helpful. I got new experience of different culture. Everyday I learned something new at my work place. My Company provide free training for their staff(Dementia, MCA and so on). These training were very helpful to upgrade the skills. The environment was very addaptable.
Pros
Very Kind Manager
Unhealthy stressful workplace
NHS 111 Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Suffolk2 May 2018
Fellow call handler colleagues lovely, all feel the same regarding stress and micro management. Never experienced management like it. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Overtime, flexible working hours
Cons
Management, stress, no support, bad morale, micro managment, overworked, no support, no recognition
lack of support
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex30 April 2018
the staff are an amazing group of people who care so much about the residents however they are overworked and under appreciated
the more you do the more they expect you to do
staffing levels have been cut to a bare minimum
you are expected to help residents with their personal care/hygeine needs then you are serving food and feeding residents
most shifts are 12hours long you get 2×15 mins coffee breaks and 30minutes for lunch which are unpaid
Pros
amazing staff and residents
Cons
no appreciation or support from management
Fun and enjoyable work place
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon27 April 2018
I enjoyed my time at the Peninsula Treatment centre contract, however, the management do not care for the needs of the employees which caused such a high turnover of staff. if you were not in a certain clique you would be discriminated against by supervisors and management. You would sometimes be asked to work without pay.
Pros
Free lunches, Great staff, enjoyable work
Cons
Uncomfortable working temperatures, no PPE issued, constant micro-management.
Good leadership team
Facility & Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds21 April 2018
There was an excellent leadership team but poor management the company would change procedure s frequently
poor decision making in my opinion there was no joined up thinking about some aspects of the work and a culture of passing accountability on to others
Pros
Good team Sprit
Cons
Expected to work extra hours at short notice
Horrid place
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingham, North Yorkshire11 April 2018
Currently work at the Billingham care home however I am leaving. Place is awful, management are forty faced and do not support staff on the floor, care staff and rang off their feet and can’t give the proper care.
Place is filthy and domestics do not do their jobs, entertainment is none existent
Pros
Cons
Overworked/underpaid/ manager has more faces than Big Ben
over all good place to work
cocordinator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire3 April 2018
overall a good place to work but very long hours you need to be committed to the job and also need to have your own car and to be willing to do anything that is required
Pros
could work up the ladder
Productive place to work
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire29 March 2018
Great staff. Good management skills. They always tried to get me the hours that I wanted where possible. I had extensive train and was pushed to complete my nvq level 2 3.
Rewarding
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 March 2018
A great place to work, as some colleagues are fab! The workload is unrealistic with how many hours there are in a day. The people at the top are very divided from the people at the bottom. Management do not listen to people beneath them and you are not recognised for a job well done.
There is room for career progression depending upon which role you are in. There is nowhere to go for administrators.
Admin pays well but you have to work very hard for it. You will gain a lot of experience in this role though which is valuable if you want to take it elsewhere.
Dealing with residents and helping families is the best part of the job and is very rewarding.
There are too many changes in processes and forms.
Colleagues are very needy and need a lot of support to do every day things.
I would recommend the role to gain experience then move on.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too many changes/management
Short of staff every single day
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Croydon25 March 2018
Horrible place to work, feel very sorry for the staff. The manager is always off sick or on holiday in Dubai, Yet staff are are on rubbish money. Staff do the best they can under a lot of pressure and they never get extra pay for covering. Manager gets all the praise when staff deserve it.
Pros
Non
Cons
Bad pay
Very interesting place to work
Community Reablement Worker (Former Employee) –  London23 March 2018
I always like to help people and this is one of the reasons why i went for this Job. The job help me develop my communication skills and relationship skill with people from different background. Care UK is well known company in UK. They management team always make sure that everyone receives the right training at the right time and when needed. I will recommend this company to anyone willing to pursue a career in care and nursing.
Pros
Constant training for the staffs
Cons
The clients can be abusive sometimes to the staffs
Horrible, horrible place to work
Carer (Former Employee) –  Hollins park macclesfield22 March 2018
I don't know where to start. Manager appalling in every way, self centred and uncaring at every level. You will never get a shift swop even when it is an emergency.
The management have no idea what they are doing and what goes on as they never leave the office. I was so unhappy working there I had to leave after only a few months. This home needs closing down.
lovely workplace
Life Skills Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex16 March 2018
Absolutely enjoyed working for Care UK the management team is very understanding and tries to crate a rota suitable for you most of the time. lovely workplace culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.