Care UK Ltd Employee Reviews

social activites
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Slough4 September 2018
Helping elderly people, participating the social activities and encouraging the residents to participating the activity according to their health condition and interest. I have enjoyed all these.
Okay
Call Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southall, Greater London31 August 2018
Good place to work, definitely learn a lot. Management team not large enough to manage the amount of staff working at the call centre. Salary for supervisors also not great but definitely a good place to learn.
Bad benefits - good working progression
Staff Nurse - HMP Wormwood Scrubs (Former Employee) –  Acton, Greater London30 August 2018
The company do not offer incremental pay rises no matter how much additional responsibilities/training that you can take on.
Management tends to allow lots of things to slide especially lateness and lack of competency in the role.
lovely & friendly
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shiney Row29 August 2018
I loved the short time i worked at grangewood ,the staff and residents were lovely.Day to day tasks included feeding,cleaning & general care of residents, liaising with other staff about medication & general health & wellbeing of residents.The home was well run with good morale between staff,management & residents.I started my online training with care uk which covered all aspects of care.I would work for care uk again if the right position within my area came up.
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
12 hour shifts weren`t ideal for my situation
good company to work for
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear28 August 2018
my job included visiting clients in their own home and providing assistance to help them live as independently as possible. The most enjoyable part was getting to know all of the clients and knowing that you were helping them with their day to day life.
Rude, uncomfortable, but at times a fun and busy work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Halstead27 August 2018
A few employees are extremely rude and make you feel uncomfortable very easily and most of the time as well. I enjoyed spending time with the residents and helping out around the care home.
carer
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  heatherbrook24 August 2018
I worked at heatherbrook nursing home for 14yrs as senior carer..And i loved it there.I only left to try another job.Staff were friendly and the care good.I even cried when i left wondering if i done the right thing.Money isnt good but its the same everywhere you go.I have been left 4yrs now.It may have changed i dont know.At this moment in time i am considering going back..If i do lets hope it is still as nice as when i left..
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
low wages
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  London23 August 2018
great place to work but unsocial hours. Late and night shifts expected, weekends too as it most busy then due to nature of the business. Not for conventional 9-5 hours.
Pros
NHS discounts
Cons
breaks/hours
Wouldn’t recommend.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 August 2018
I have been working at Care UK since October and can honestly say it is not a company I’d ever work for again. Have been trying to find a new job for months. The home is open 365 days a year so I find that all the important holidays I want to spend at home, I’m working. The salary for catering assistants is £ 7.83 an hour in the weekdays and £ 8.13 for the weekends. For the amount we do in the kitchen and with the littlest breaks- this is just not really a good amount of money to be earning when you are working 12 hour shifts on your feet all day.

Also the staff are rude and if you make the littlest mistake like forget one thing the carers complain and moan at you. You never once get a thanks from them.

And the management is all over the place.
They create unecessary tasks ie: wash cutlery and trolleys at 10am and then at 11am. By the time we finish this it’s 11am and then carers are bringing down trolleys in our lunch break. The management at the Care home I work at has changed 3 times in the space of 8 months. And the management are rude. There are also a lot of staff leaving for the same reasons.

The elderly people who live there are neglected due to the number of short staff and generally I would never put any of my family in a Care UK Care home let alone ever work there again after seeing the way it’s run and seeing how lazy the staff can be. Some of the carers hide in the residents room and have a chit chat to them instead of of working.
Pros
None.
Cons
Long hours, Rude staff, Short Breaks, Low breaks, No flexibility, Short staffer, Overworked.
Good employees make it good place to work
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ipswich21 August 2018
Unfortunately didn't pass probation, was a very good place to work. Friendly staff and management who make coming into work bearable. The only real negative is the nature of the job which can be very dark and stressful at times.
Pros
Staff, pay, overtime
Cons
Difficult jobs, stressful
Company is okay
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire17 August 2018
The company to work for is okay, however choosing a specific home to work in can be challenging as it depends on the staff morale, which appears to be low.
Horrible place to work. understaffed.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingham, North Yorkshire16 August 2018
The management are only bothered about how the place looks to people coming in and head office, shortstaffed apart from when CQC, head office or other organisations in. Staff are run off their feet trying to care for residents while management is more bothered about trivial things like something missing off the dining tables. Management only show an interest in residents when visitors are in.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management, long hours, pay
Care UK was one of the worst companies I ever worked for
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  essex8 August 2018
Avoid like the plague! Really bad management who thought they were above the law. Safeguardings were ignored and often covered up at every level. I do not recommend this company
Terrible place to work
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dudley8 August 2018
I joined Care UK in 2016 as a Health Advisor for NHS 111 service. It was the biggest mistake i ever made. If you work 8 hours you get 30 mins unpaid lunch break. Anything below 8 hours = no break!!! Your allowed ‘comfort breaks’ to go to the toilet, but if you’re too long you will be challenged. The call centre has a hostile feel, it’s very clique orientated and a lonely place. Once you find a seat and log on ,you are a prisoner and don’t speak to anyone. Management, if that’s what you want to call it, are something else. There are only a handful of nice people there. Paid on the 12th monthly. Recent pay rise £12 per hour for weekends. VERY HIGH staff turnover. One to ones are not conducted every month as management wont take people offline due to the call volumes.
Pros
Tea lady, biscuits, free parking
Cons
High call volume, no breaks, lack of support, atmosphere
Poor
Carer (Former Employee) –  North West8 August 2018
very poor home care provider. Poor working environment, no management support and real client care need approach. The home care arm may have improved over recent times
Pros
Cons
most things
Nice environment, friendly management
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Richmond6 August 2018
Friendly environment, satisfying job - helping elderly residents to improve their life-style, good management, flexible hours, opportunity to learn and progress (NVQ).
Pros
Flexible hours
Caring work environment
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 August 2018
This is a very Caring work environment. Emphasis is placed on developing staff skills thus enabling them to provide the best care to the service user.
Pros
great client focus
Domestic cleaner
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Norwich31 July 2018
rewarding role in a fast paced busy work enviornment with two days that arenever the same.
daily challenges from across many sources
always smiling faces wherever you go
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Alright job, rubbish pay for a receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London30 July 2018
I had the best managers at the job, they're really lovely, care a lot about the residents and the staff. However, the pay is really rubbish, its 8ph. I wouldn't recommend it. I haven't learnt anything, there isn't much to do at the job, I worked as a weekend receptionist. very boring job, nothing to do.
Pros
Managers and staff
Cons
NO work to do on the weekends, rubbish pay.
Flexible working arrangements & good management
Interim Finance Manager, Primary Care Division (Former Employee) –  Home Based23 July 2018
Was able to work at home for most of my contract. This trust was repaid with some long hours especially to hit very tight month end deadlines.
Both my line & ops managers were excellent
Pros
Flexible working / Interesting work content
Cons
Some long hours at month end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.