Care UK Ltd Employee Reviews

Waste of time
Nurse (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 January 2018
Diabolical managers who would do anything to cover their backs and use innocent staff as scape goat, no support even when pregnant, no empathy, no managerial skills, favouritism, when you challenge bad practice they do everything possible to push you out. I have never seen such evil.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Bad managers
it was voluntary
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk8 January 2018
i worked there for my work experience back in 2014 while i was in school i enjoyed working with the patients at the care home and would haply go back .
Good experience
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London7 January 2018
It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to attend to the diverse needs of elderly service users within the local area. I loved the flexible nature of the job and felt that it fit perfectly with my life at the time.
good company
Unit Lead (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2018
good company hard work. The hours are long but thats the same with any care job. Care Uk is a good company who provides good quality training for the staff.
Its ok
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Loughton, Essex20 December 2017
Hard work long hours
Verry demanding
Lovely manager
Really nice vibe good place to work
Friendly place to work
Nice decore warm and inviting most of the time
Pros
Free lunch when on long days
Cons
Long hours pays bad
Registered Nurse who could not wait to leave
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Midlands17 December 2017
Hard work as often there was not enough staff.
Staff team on unit very clicky, this was not apparent in all the other teams in the home.
Line manager had favourites (and it showed), did not deal with issues, made excuses for certain staff, no compassion for staff team when necessary, very good at blaming wrong person when something was not right, good at belittling people and expecting staff to deal with issues themselves which were line management issues.
Deputy Manager and Home Manager compassionate and good at their role.
Hardest part of the job was lack of proper unit management and unfairness and favouritism on the unit.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the lovely residents and the majority of staff team.
Pros
Free lunch on long days, good training opportunities
Cons
Not enough staff, not much compassion for staff when needed
very good place
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleethorpes17 December 2017
It's great place to work as voulter work the staff very good to work as team.great atmosphere work place . very good chatty shop to work for help homeless people .
Don’t even bother
Leadership and Management (Former Employee) –  Suffolk6 December 2017
Management at head office are good BUT interview stage wasn’t really told of the realistic hours I would be working, didn’t tell me they had ideas for me to be a carer aswell when I’d applied for an admin role and then had to wait 6 weeks before I even started!
Management within the home is a joke...management will do anything to cover there backs and leave you looking the bad one!
Always under staffed and over worked, get used to having agency staff in and not knowing what there doing!
I never had my own space for my work, forever leaving my work station to find someone there on the computer so I had to go elsewhere and then would told off for it!
Just messed me about more than giving my shifts!
Minimum wage, would expect more for a care setting!
Pay isn’t competitive as advertised, no sick pay, don’t expect to get anything from them!
Training is good but a lot to do just for a job which your already qualified for.
The high staff turn over is a warning of something not right!
Not much benefits for working there!
Pros
Training
Cons
Management, poor communication, hours, pay
overview of the company
Health support worker (Former Employee) –  London1 December 2017
Care UK as a company is an excellent place to be, with a fine management on top. Regardless of my resignation from the company, they thought me all I knew about care. We cannot but find individual who pose very difficult, they must be checked to take life easy because they make life hard at work once in a while but typically when you work with a nice team day or night you will enjoy working for ever in care UK
Pros
Training, free meal
Cons
contracted and more hours available
Fun place to work
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Amberley Lodge , Purley22 November 2017
I join care UK as a HCA in 2005 , I work both residential and nursing units . all units is for residents with dementia , after working as a HCA for 4 years I was promoted to senior carer on the residential unit , after a further 9 years there was the post for a unit manager going for which I applied , and was successful.
I really do enjoy my job working with the elderly , I also enjoy working with my colleagues as we always work as a team and support each other.
All the people that I ever work with is always great , I woke up every day and look forward to my day at work because I love my job and I love what I do .
Pros
There is always free lunch also, gift vouchers for employees of the month for staff who go the extra mile
Cons
12hr shift
Awful
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkshire16 November 2017
Not enough staff to properly care for residents, Nursing staff nowhere to be seen, management don’t take complaints seriously, no training, no time for a break, no sick pay, holiday time off near on impossible to get authorised, families treat you like dirt, senior staff literally have no respect for carers. The worst place I have ever worked
Pros
Free food if no ones watching
Cons
12 hour shifts bad management and seniors
Bad place to work for
Clinical lead (Former Employee) –  Cambridge15 November 2017
Pleasant approach during interviews but once you started work is very heavy and limited support given. Management seems more concerned of ratings and profit,staff support is variable. Culture is atrocious, small cliques evident and isolation is very common. Unprofessional colleagues, poor care towards residents and usually short staffed. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else
horrible
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire25 October 2017
never felt so belittled than I did working for this company. bad pay, I was working a lot of hours beginning at 6.30 am and then having a 6 hour break inbetween and working until 10.30pm at night. 5 to 10 minute per call which is unreasonable and ridiculous
Nice care assistants
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands23 October 2017
It was a good place to work but the harder you worked the more the manager wanted from you. I could not cope eventually with the way the manager made me work. I had a good podition and had learnt a lot. But felt like i was having a break down.
Pros
Nice carers
Cons
Bad management at my branch
Excellent Team Work
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Colchester18 October 2017
Good Team with positive management and excellent personal development.
Business was positive and team rewarded for efforts regularly.
Would recommend.
Caring
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  North East16 October 2017
Rewarding job, very hands on and has long hour shifts but at the end of the day if you go home knowing you have made a difference you have done your job
Not a caring company!
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingham, North Yorkshire14 October 2017
I worked at this home for 12 years. It was good until three months ago, the higher management are bullies, they speak to staff like we are idiots and are not supportive. The environment is filthy and people do not see this. It is a money making company who do not care at all, a real eye opener!
Pros
Nice colleagues in my department
Cons
Awful management, offensive, treated like rubbish!
Nice place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire11 October 2017
Caring for the elderly is extremely rewarding. But it was Care4u ltd. just wasn't able to continue without writing this. Caring is challenging but extremely rewarding.
Pros
Community
Cons
Low pay for hours
Worst job i ever had
Nurse (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom8 October 2017
Unsupported by management including regional managers. This is a business that claims to have the residents at the heart of everything they do. That is utter rubbish and the customer relations managers who are glorified sales reps are more highly thought of than any other employee. Serious safeguarding issues where I worked and when I attempted to raise my concerns with management I was ignored. Best thing I ever did was to leave.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Money orientated business
Awful company to work for
Theatre Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon6 October 2017
Worked for Care Uk for 6 months worst place I have ever worked no sick pay rubbish pension scheme all staff fed up given false promises. Constantly sent home early and when I left had to repay hours may as well have been on a zero hours contract. Work was boring and repetitive felt myself becoming de skilled as a nurse on a daily basis. Unsupportive management who favoured particular individuals felt like there was a constant threat of redundancy. Was promised lots at the beginning but none of it materialised only so long you can stand being in such a boring and petty workplace.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Always being sent home early not enough work to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9