Care UK Ltd Employee Reviews

Horrid place
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingham, North Yorkshire11 April 2018
Currently work at the Billingham care home however I am leaving. Place is awful, management are forty faced and do not support staff on the floor, care staff and rang off their feet and can’t give the proper care.
Place is filthy and domestics do not do their jobs, entertainment is none existent
Pros
Cons
Overworked/underpaid/ manager has more faces than Big Ben
over all good place to work
cocordinator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire3 April 2018
overall a good place to work but very long hours you need to be committed to the job and also need to have your own car and to be willing to do anything that is required
Pros
could work up the ladder
Productive place to work
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cannock, Staffordshire29 March 2018
Great staff. Good management skills. They always tried to get me the hours that I wanted where possible. I had extensive train and was pushed to complete my nvq level 2 3.
Rewarding
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 March 2018
A great place to work, as some colleagues are fab! The workload is unrealistic with how many hours there are in a day. The people at the top are very divided from the people at the bottom. Management do not listen to people beneath them and you are not recognised for a job well done.
There is room for career progression depending upon which role you are in. There is nowhere to go for administrators.
Admin pays well but you have to work very hard for it. You will gain a lot of experience in this role though which is valuable if you want to take it elsewhere.
Dealing with residents and helping families is the best part of the job and is very rewarding.
There are too many changes in processes and forms.
Colleagues are very needy and need a lot of support to do every day things.
I would recommend the role to gain experience then move on.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too many changes/management
Short of staff every single day
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Croydon25 March 2018
Horrible place to work, feel very sorry for the staff. The manager is always off sick or on holiday in Dubai, Yet staff are are on rubbish money. Staff do the best they can under a lot of pressure and they never get extra pay for covering. Manager gets all the praise when staff deserve it.
Pros
Non
Cons
Bad pay
Very interesting place to work
Community Reablement Worker (Former Employee) –  London23 March 2018
I always like to help people and this is one of the reasons why i went for this Job. The job help me develop my communication skills and relationship skill with people from different background. Care UK is well known company in UK. They management team always make sure that everyone receives the right training at the right time and when needed. I will recommend this company to anyone willing to pursue a career in care and nursing.
Pros
Constant training for the staffs
Cons
The clients can be abusive sometimes to the staffs
Horrible, horrible place to work
Carer (Former Employee) –  Hollins park macclesfield22 March 2018
I don't know where to start. Manager appalling in every way, self centred and uncaring at every level. You will never get a shift swop even when it is an emergency.
The management have no idea what they are doing and what goes on as they never leave the office. I was so unhappy working there I had to leave after only a few months. This home needs closing down.
lovely workplace
Life Skills Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex16 March 2018
Absolutely enjoyed working for Care UK the management team is very understanding and tries to crate a rota suitable for you most of the time. lovely workplace culture
Nice place to work but management very poor
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wallington3 March 2018
Nice homes but very poor how management speak to staff and pay is minimum wage which is ridiculous considering how much management expect you do. clients are very nice.
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
pay and management
Residents and families were great , management could be better .
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Newton Mearns, East Renfrewshire2 March 2018
It was a good place to work for but due to change of management after a few months working there, the quality of care for the residents declined. Also long serving members of staff began to leave due to lack of support and most of the care was provided by agency staff meaning no continuity of care for the residents.
Pros
Lovely residents and families .
Cons
No managerial support .
good place to work
Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear23 February 2018
good place to work lots of laughs was a great place to work. its was better when it was care uk at davy bank. as this was ld it moved up to longbenton and became more of a home care the manager was excellent tho.
A fun and rewarding place to work
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff11 February 2018
I enjoyed working for Care UK and have been there from October 2010 to April 2015.

Unfortunately they closed the branch in April 2015.
We had a opportunity to improve our skills and progress upwards.
The training was up to date and very fulfilling when carrying out our duties within the community.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
can be tiring
Avoid
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire10 February 2018
If it wasn't for the managers the Lincoln site would be a fantastic working environment. They don't care about staff yet expect them to bend over backwards when needing to work extra, no thanks ever given. Never got the wages right. If your face fits and you sit quietly and not voice concerns then you will be ok.
Managers even get clicky with certain staff members and don't act professional.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Managers
Care worker
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford7 February 2018
I would let you know never ever work for this company it was the worst place I have ever worked pay is bad if your face fits your ok but if it didn’t watch out to much back stabbing you can’t whilst blow they didn’t like that even if it is about a resident and no management at all bad pay and if you are on a long day they make you pay for your meal
Cons
good work environment when fully staffed.
Health Care Support Worker/Healthcare Assissant (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire29 January 2018
I have worked for care Uk for nearly two years, The job is okay when fully staffed. We all work as a team in a challenging environment. Every day is different with a diverse clientele.
Pros
parking, Milk, fruit teabags and coffee provided.
Cons
staff shortages
Very stressful
Catering Assistant Britten court (Former Employee) –  Lowestoft28 January 2018
Did like the job at first but then got so stressful I was bullied to which made me ill. Found the people in the roles where far to hard for the person that was going the job.
Pros
old people
Really good with their staff
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Doncaster24 January 2018
Never had any problems working for CARE. A very nice company to work for! I was trained to use all the different machinery on site. The management where i was based was lovely!
Pros
Easy to talk to!
Cons
None that i could think of!
Watch your back!!!!
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk23 January 2018
The staff turnover should have flagged up warnings signs, the 'politics' are a nightmare, the staff are extremely 'clicky' if you don't comply to their bad working ways then you will not fit in at all.
Agency and bank staff are used all the time due to the fact they can't get staff to stay.
Management are unsupportive and will use you as a scape goat to feather their careers.
A handful of staff are great but it's the marters you have to watch.
Work life balance.... It's just work.. No life!
Stay away... It will ruin your confidence and career!
Pros
Cons
See below
Rewarding and Fun Job to do
Lifestyle Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire13 January 2018
The Lifestyle team work well with eachother to organise and produce great activities. Management is is supportive and empathetic with real life, personal issues while maintaining a professional work environment. Some language barriers with other staff in the home but not impossible to overcome. It is a great opportunity to meet so many people with so many different experiences in life, a very rewarding job to do.
it was voluntary
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk8 January 2018
i worked there for my work experience back in 2014 while i was in school i enjoyed working with the patients at the care home and would haply go back .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.