Care UK Healthcare Employee Reviews

Interesting and rewarding job
Clinical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brierley Hill, West Midlands15 February 2018
I joined as a nurse, now a clinical advisor. A very different but interesting job talking to patients on the phone and getting them to the help and advice they need. Reasonable pay and benifits, a positive working environment, lots of ascess to training if you want it.
Pros
Good training, incentives, nice people, positive environment
Cons
Not many weekends off, not as flexible as advertised
Enjoyed helping make a change to peoples life
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk6 February 2018
Helping with day to day care, personal care, assisting with meals,
dealing with end of life is one of the things i found the hardest,
making a possitive change to their life is most rewarding knowing that you helped and care.
Pros
close to home and dont work weekends
Cons
long 12 hour shifts
Very good place to work
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Framlingham, Suffolk2 January 2018
I worked for Mills Meadow in Framlingham on and off over 3 years. I really enjoyed being a part of their team and the management were so understanding of my well being as I had a rough year in 2017. I would highly recommended anyone to work here.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Pay could be a little higher.
Care U.K.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk6 August 2017
This was a good establishment to work at due to the kind nature of the people that worked there. The management was not bad and was managed by a kind person but it was not very organised management, which was it's only downfall.
Unfriendly uncaring place
Rgn (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire13 July 2017
Worse company to work for, no support, rude unfriendly staff, NO support from management , will only go places if in with right crowd and NO patient care they are just an individual on a seat no care as they must be out ASAP after procedure. Not safe.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no care, no support, no advancements
Great people but constant change
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire9 July 2017
A good, caring company. However nature of the business (winning and loosing contracts) means there are always changes.
Overall enjoyed my time here. Had a good work/life balance and the work was interesting
Pros
Good salary for health care work
Cons
Benefits (pension, maternity, redundancy etc) mostly at the statutory level
Dreadful
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester24 May 2017
I started work here after lots of promises. Don't be fooled Rochdale ophthalmology dept are liars and don't help any anyway was placed off to any no proper training expected you to do everything in a few days. Lack of communication only lasted 2 weeks if you have a family don't expect to finish on time..

No Induction so if there was a fire I was not shown fire extinguisher or fire exit.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and not enough support
No care uk
Manager (Former Employee) –  Somewhere12 April 2017
Worst company I've ever worked for. Staff are seen as easily replaceable. Poor management- lots of bullying
People promoted to positions without being able to carry out the role. Unrealistic deadlines. Make up HR rules as they go along
Pros
Cons
Lack of leadership
Satisfactory workplace
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redcar, North Yorkshire6 March 2017
The atmosphere was okay within the workplace staff genrally just got on with the work to the highest standard they could. The care home was clean and a fair environment to work in amongst colleagues.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long shifts, short noticed shifts
I loved my role as a HCA in Theatres
HCA in Theatres (Former Employee) –  NELTC Ilford5 March 2017
I used to work for care UK as a Theatre HCA at NELTC and I loved my job, I really liked my team of professionals from the all levels of staffing.

I took great pride in my role and would work for Care Uk again, only reason I departed was to have my second child and I stayed at home to raise him for a couple of years.

I enjoyed my job very much and the hours, suited me well, I found my team members to be firm but fair and everyone I worked with worked together to reach the same goal, which is to ensure all patients have a safe and comfortable experience from start to finish.

I would recommend Care Uk to potential job seekers, what you put in you get back simple.
Pros
No weekends or bank holidays
Cons
N/a
Fun work
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tenbury, Worcestershire21 February 2017
I enjoyed this job very much fill of laughter fun excitement the staff are very friendly always on hand when you need them to talk to or for general help
Pros
Free lunch
bad management
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh16 February 2017
very different job description online to what i was actually expected to do when i got the job, rotas were unfair.
some team members very unpleasant and hard to work with.
Pros
modern place, good facilities
Cons
shift patterns
Southall 111 Not a great place to work
Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Southall, Greater London15 January 2017
Colleagues were great. Whilst managers and clinical managers are enjoying cups of tea behind closed doors, I felt there was an extreme lack of support.

There was not a lot of support from managers or empathy. Yet we were expected to show empathy for patients. Staff were committed though and supported each other. Coaches were great! Considering the lack of support the staff worked hard with minimal breaks..
Pros
Call handling staff brilliant
Cons
Lack of management support, not allowing comfort breaks, management unapproachable
rushed and lacking patient care
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire7 January 2017
My experience of working for CareUk is not a very good one. It started of a good well balanced company but has gone down hill over the years. Patients are treated like being in a sausage factory.
Senior management do not listen and are happy having their cups of tea in their offices whist others work themselves silly!!
staff are lucky to get a lunch or coffee break as again management don't care if you run late or over your shift.
Pros
no time
Cons
pay not too bad
Good and bad
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow7 January 2017
I enjoyed being part of care sector but the job can be very stressful and challenging and when i worked for this company i didn't feel staff were supported enough when needed. I also feel staff where asked of too much and what duties would be added on more and more. Being a support worker is to be there for client at all times meeting there needs and i feel having so much paper work and other demands meant clients didn't receive as much support as i would have like too.
Ok to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey3 January 2017
My View On Care Uk It Self Is Good ,, The Colleges And A Typical work days is good. I Have Learned So Much Being With Care Uk And Have Enjoyed Working For Them. Management Is Not So Good With Communication.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Hours
Uncaring company to work for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Colchester, Essex30 December 2016
Worked as a support member of staff in administration. The senior administrator was rude, unkind and a bully. The senior management knew about this person's behaviour and did very little about it.

In Careuk support staff are not valued as they are considered to be easily replaceable, therefore there is nothing in place to make you want to stay. Health care benefits and bonuses are only available to the senior staff.

In this department, training was supposed to be given by the senior administrator but she was in her words ' too busy' to train anyone and 'could not cope with doing the job and training'. Yet there were lots of capacity in the department!

The most enjoyable part of the job was when the senior was off, the rest of the team worked well together and was very supportive.

People were scared to say if they had capacity during their day, for fear of losing their jobs.

Very poor management at the lower levels.
Pros
Cons
Totally unsupportive company, with an atmosphere of fear
Good Management
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  North East8 December 2016
No company is perfect but I have had no issues with this company as of yet. Main management is approachable and supportive but some lower level management such as Seniors and Team Leaders can be abrupt with attitudes but upper management has dealt with Seniors who forget their manners in the work place. I would definitely recommend this company especially if your new to care.
Pros
Promotions within the company are common
Cons
Long hours, heavy workload
Rubbish
Receptionist and Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham7 October 2016
Wouldn't personally work for this company there very unprofessional and they don't support you very well within the role and I see every other week the job being advertised with new receptionist and it's not good worst company to work for
Cons
Long hours, unprofessional and rude staff
Care user friendly
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ipswich21 September 2016
On a typical day, I would begin with the breakfast run followed by lunch. Preparing meals and cleaning took up most of the allotted time. During my time with Care UK I learnt to manage time and multitask. My co-workers were fun and very helpful. The hardest part of this job was time allotment, There was not enough time to travel from one care user to the next making me late. When I spoke of my concern to the management the just told me to leave some of the care users earlier... This was NOT an option as they have paid for the allotted time so therefore deserve to have that time spent on them.
I enjoyed working with and for the care users most of which were happy and looked forward to our visits.
Cons
Travel between care users

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8