Care UK Healthcare Employee Reviews

This place is a joke!
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands27 February 2019
They do not disclose when giving the interview that you will be put through intense training and assessments. They drill information into you to break point. Very disorganised. Being the nhs you would think they have everything in order!!
Pros
Some nice colleagues, free hot drinks
Cons
Misleading, no support from staff, management have no clue
Do not recommend
Health advisor (Former Employee) –  Dudley waterfront21 December 2018
You don't get on going help! Coaches need to hit a target to get so many through! Not very supportive, when help is required. Negative place to Wrk. It's recruiting every month, says alot!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad training
Honestly the worst place I’ve ever worked and I’ve had 12 jobs
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich ip221 November 2018
I was with careuk for roughly two years and I enjoyed it, until my shift patterns wasn’t fair, when my daughter was born they didn’t care that there was complications they only wanted to know when I would work, when I had to attend a funeral, wasn’t supportive, when I was severely ill, didn’t care just said I had to many sick days and that I am liable to be sacked if it continues, holiday wasn’t dealt with fairly, pay was almost always wrong, management always acting as if everyone should kiss their backside because they earn loads more money but without the careers the management don’t have a job? But yet they still treat them unfairly. Only way to get anywhere with this place is to kiss the managements shoes and be the most obident stupid person you can be, then maybe you’ll rise up the career ladder but hope you don’t mind the stupid shifts, unfair treatment and having your pay messed up

If you have a doctors appointment on your day of working and you ask for it off, nope, good luck.
Family emergency? They’ll see it as tough luck but however if they have a family emergency then the management can leave straight away?
Would you call that fair?
Would you want to put so much work into something they’ll take advantage of to benefit them?
Would you want to have no time for your family? Would you like to have no social life?

If yes to all the above then this is perfect for you!.
Pros
Free sandwich for lunch...really that’s it.
Cons
This place in general
Worst place I have ever worked
Health Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dudl2 November 2018
Worst place I have ever worked. None of the staff are happy. Management do not manage. Awful work environments. All management care about is getting the calls down in the queue not about staff. Managers will share personal information to other staff members. Employ children as managers who can’t manage. Staff are pressured. Policy’s and procedures are not followed. High staff turn over due to lack of support. Health advisors are made to make clinical desicions as you can’t not get through to clinical advisors. Hardly any breaks if you go to the toilet you get questioned if you are over a certain time. Avoid the place
Pros
Going home
Do not work here
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre19 September 2018
Rubbish management who don’t know what they are doing, unfair shifts (people using excuses not to do weekends/eves/Bank holidays throughout their whole employment. So others have to do every weekend and evening and BH). No appreciation for their staff whatsoever (esp in the hospitality department and with HCAs) A HCA or a cleaner could go above and beyond but they would get no appreciation. They push unnecessary amount of work on staff and basically management give you what they want out of the centre and make you try to implement it. Not enough staff stick around so the place is hugely understaffed and the staff are under horrible pressure. The best and most dedicated staff are treated like rubbish whereas the nasty staff members are rewarded and given praise despite receiving complaints. Greivence procedures and incident reports are just chucked away and not given any attention. I’ve heard of some staff handing in incident reports and getting told off for doing them! Avoid Care UK like the plague.
Avoid
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Midland30 August 2018
Worst place to work, do not take complaints seriously, weather it's from patients or staff, rude management, non experienced managers, avoid at all costs, you will leave within weeks.

Managers getting paid to shop not to work or for patients care, unreliable organisations, can not believe they are still open, ridiculous expectations, inexperienced staffs ruling the roost here can not believe H&S or CCG have not closed this place.
Pros
non
Cons
everything you could possibly imagine
No care at all
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barlborough, Derbyshire13 August 2018
There is absolutely no management structure. I was more than happy to leave. I have never worked in such an uncaring environment. The director is a waste of time as are the other management staff.

Might be a decent place to work if they sacked the lot of them and started again. Higher management at Head Office need to seriously look at what happens at the Treatment Centre and make drastic changes....
Pros
Leaving at the end of the day
Cons
Coming to work
Worst place I’ve ever worked
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands23 July 2018
Rude unfriendly management.
No empathy or compassion to staff or patients. Very dangerous at times with being demanded of you to work outside your remit.
Unless you are in with the in crowd then management don’t want to know, management being gossips and telling other staff your problems then mocking them. Staff treated very unfairly and no spec to move up the ladder. I personally would give this company No stars!! Worst place I’ve ever been unfortunate to work.
Pros
None.
Cons
Going home
Terrible uncaring company AVOID
Unspecified (Former Employee) –  Unspecified20 July 2018
* Awful management - most of who aren’t clinical.
* Not patient focused - all about the money.
* Huge bullying culture.
* No support.
* Pathetic terms and conditions - although I was still under NHS terms and conditions as bought out by Care UK.
* Constantly asked to do things that risked PIN number.
* If your face fits then fine - if not forget it.

PLEASE don’t work for Care UK if you want to be happy.
Pros
Literally none.
Cons
All of the above and more.
Southall Call Centre Awful
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southall, Greater London11 April 2018
One of the trainers is rude and a bully. The staff are treated like a number. Job is so bad they have to pay you to actually come in. Over worked and underpaid. AVOID!!!!!
Awful place to work
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk18 March 2018
Avoid this place as much as possible. Management think they are above human and ooze arrogance when actually they are small minded idiots who got these positions of power from sacking up to the right people.
Probably best to avoid Will Adams Treatment Centre in Gillingham
PA (Former Employee) –  Will Adams Treatment Centre in Gillingham11 March 2018
As it indicates in the title I would avoid working for Care UK like the plague. Management are uncaring and they just work people into the ground. Administration staff according to management are "two a penny" and this term was actually used in a meeting... the point being made was that if you're administration staff don't bother raising concerns, 'like it or lump it' attitude. The administration staff at Will Adams treatment centre left because of this..... they really shouldn't have let them go because since then it's been even worse. Good administration staff are not 'two a penny'.
Pros
You eventually get to go home.
Cons
You have to turn up for work the next day.
busy place
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth6 March 2018
was my first place working like a carer, was very busy care home and nursing home. i learn everything about care.good team work, nice people and very profesional.
Pros
good team
Cons
long houres
Badly managed, unfair treatment, too many changes
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire21 February 2018
It wasn't too bad working for CareUK until Pisces came along. Patient and staff care has gone out of the window to a point I felt unsafe treating patients. No point to continue to report concerns as management team did not care.
Constant change of hours so unable to actually plan a life outside of work. Was lucky to find a new job so I could leave otherwise I would have been signed off with stress! No faith in the company or as a treatment centre, I wouldn't even have treatment at Care (not) UK.
Pros
Wages were good
Cons
Poor management, poor patient care.
Interesting and rewarding job
Clinical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brierley Hill, West Midlands15 February 2018
I joined as a nurse, now a clinical advisor. A very different but interesting job talking to patients on the phone and getting them to the help and advice they need. Reasonable pay and benifits, a positive working environment, lots of ascess to training if you want it.
Pros
Good training, incentives, nice people, positive environment
Cons
Not many weekends off, not as flexible as advertised
Enjoyed helping make a change to peoples life
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk6 February 2018
Helping with day to day care, personal care, assisting with meals,
dealing with end of life is one of the things i found the hardest,
making a possitive change to their life is most rewarding knowing that you helped and care.
Pros
close to home and dont work weekends
Cons
long 12 hour shifts
Small but busy
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  London1 February 2018
NELTC is a Treatment Centre based in the grounds of King George Hospital, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex
They assess and treat NHS patients across several specialities
They are patient focused and offer very high standards
Pros
Free uniform, staff kitchen/rest room
Cons
No on site staff restaurant
Very good place to work
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Framlingham, Suffolk2 January 2018
I worked for Mills Meadow in Framlingham on and off over 3 years. I really enjoyed being a part of their team and the management were so understanding of my well being as I had a rough year in 2017. I would highly recommended anyone to work here.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Pay could be a little higher.
Care U.K.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk6 August 2017
This was a good establishment to work at due to the kind nature of the people that worked there. The management was not bad and was managed by a kind person but it was not very organised management, which was it's only downfall.
Unfriendly uncaring place
Rgn (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire13 July 2017
Worse company to work for, no support, rude unfriendly staff, NO support from management , will only go places if in with right crowd and NO patient care they are just an individual on a seat no care as they must be out ASAP after procedure. Not safe.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no care, no support, no advancements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2