Care UK Healthcare Employee Reviews

Southall Call Centre Awful
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southall, Greater London11 April 2018
One of the trainers is rude and a bully. The staff are treated like a number. Job is so bad they have to pay you to actually come in. Over worked and underpaid. AVOID!!!!!
Awful place to work
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk18 March 2018
Avoid this place as much as possible. Management think they are above human and ooze arrogance when actually they are small minded idiots who got these positions of power from sacking up to the right people.
Probably best to avoid Will Adams Treatment Centre in Gillingham
PA (Former Employee) –  Will Adams Treatment Centre in Gillingham11 March 2018
As it indicates in the title I would avoid working for Care UK like the plague. Management are uncaring and they just work people into the ground. Administration staff according to management are "two a penny" and this term was actually used in a meeting... the point being made was that if you're administration staff don't bother raising concerns, 'like it or lump it' attitude. The administration staff at Will Adams treatment centre left because of this..... they really shouldn't have let them go because since then it's been even worse. Good administration staff are not 'two a penny'.
Pros
You eventually get to go home.
Cons
You have to turn up for work the next day.
busy place
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth6 March 2018
was my first place working like a carer, was very busy care home and nursing home. i learn everything about care.good team work, nice people and very profesional.
Pros
good team
Cons
long houres
Badly managed, unfair treatment, too many changes
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire21 February 2018
It wasn't too bad working for CareUK until Pisces came along. Patient and staff care has gone out of the window to a point I felt unsafe treating patients. No point to continue to report concerns as management team did not care.
Constant change of hours so unable to actually plan a life outside of work. Was lucky to find a new job so I could leave otherwise I would have been signed off with stress! No faith in the company or as a treatment centre, I wouldn't even have treatment at Care (not) UK.
Pros
Wages were good
Cons
Poor management, poor patient care.
Interesting and rewarding job
Clinical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brierley Hill, West Midlands15 February 2018
I joined as a nurse, now a clinical advisor. A very different but interesting job talking to patients on the phone and getting them to the help and advice they need. Reasonable pay and benifits, a positive working environment, lots of ascess to training if you want it.
Pros
Good training, incentives, nice people, positive environment
Cons
Not many weekends off, not as flexible as advertised
Enjoyed helping make a change to peoples life
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk6 February 2018
Helping with day to day care, personal care, assisting with meals,
dealing with end of life is one of the things i found the hardest,
making a possitive change to their life is most rewarding knowing that you helped and care.
Pros
close to home and dont work weekends
Cons
long 12 hour shifts
Small but busy
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  London1 February 2018
NELTC is a Treatment Centre based in the grounds of King George Hospital, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex
They assess and treat NHS patients across several specialities
They are patient focused and offer very high standards
Pros
Free uniform, staff kitchen/rest room
Cons
No on site staff restaurant
Very good place to work
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Framlingham, Suffolk2 January 2018
I worked for Mills Meadow in Framlingham on and off over 3 years. I really enjoyed being a part of their team and the management were so understanding of my well being as I had a rough year in 2017. I would highly recommended anyone to work here.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Pay could be a little higher.
Care U.K.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk6 August 2017
This was a good establishment to work at due to the kind nature of the people that worked there. The management was not bad and was managed by a kind person but it was not very organised management, which was it's only downfall.
Unfriendly uncaring place
Rgn (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire13 July 2017
Worse company to work for, no support, rude unfriendly staff, NO support from management , will only go places if in with right crowd and NO patient care they are just an individual on a seat no care as they must be out ASAP after procedure. Not safe.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no care, no support, no advancements
Great people but constant change
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire9 July 2017
A good, caring company. However nature of the business (winning and loosing contracts) means there are always changes.
Overall enjoyed my time here. Had a good work/life balance and the work was interesting
Pros
Good salary for health care work
Cons
Benefits (pension, maternity, redundancy etc) mostly at the statutory level
Dreadful
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester24 May 2017
I started work here after lots of promises. Don't be fooled Rochdale ophthalmology dept are liars and don't help any anyway was placed off to any no proper training expected you to do everything in a few days. Lack of communication only lasted 2 weeks if you have a family don't expect to finish on time..

No Induction so if there was a fire I was not shown fire extinguisher or fire exit.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and not enough support
No care uk
Manager (Former Employee) –  Somewhere12 April 2017
Worst company I've ever worked for. Staff are seen as easily replaceable. Poor management- lots of bullying
People promoted to positions without being able to carry out the role. Unrealistic deadlines. Make up HR rules as they go along
Pros
Cons
Lack of leadership
Satisfactory workplace
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redcar, North Yorkshire6 March 2017
The atmosphere was okay within the workplace staff genrally just got on with the work to the highest standard they could. The care home was clean and a fair environment to work in amongst colleagues.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long shifts, short noticed shifts
I loved my role as a HCA in Theatres
HCA in Theatres (Former Employee) –  NELTC Ilford5 March 2017
I used to work for care UK as a Theatre HCA at NELTC and I loved my job, I really liked my team of professionals from the all levels of staffing.

I took great pride in my role and would work for Care Uk again, only reason I departed was to have my second child and I stayed at home to raise him for a couple of years.

I enjoyed my job very much and the hours, suited me well, I found my team members to be firm but fair and everyone I worked with worked together to reach the same goal, which is to ensure all patients have a safe and comfortable experience from start to finish.

I would recommend Care Uk to potential job seekers, what you put in you get back simple.
Pros
No weekends or bank holidays
Cons
N/a
Fun work
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Tenbury, Worcestershire21 February 2017
I enjoyed this job very much fill of laughter fun excitement the staff are very friendly always on hand when you need them to talk to or for general help
Pros
Free lunch
bad management
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh16 February 2017
very different job description online to what i was actually expected to do when i got the job, rotas were unfair.
some team members very unpleasant and hard to work with.
Pros
modern place, good facilities
Cons
shift patterns
Southall 111 Not a great place to work
Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Southall, Greater London15 January 2017
Colleagues were great. Whilst managers and clinical managers are enjoying cups of tea behind closed doors, I felt there was an extreme lack of support.

There was not a lot of support from managers or empathy. Yet we were expected to show empathy for patients. Staff were committed though and supported each other. Coaches were great! Considering the lack of support the staff worked hard with minimal breaks..
Pros
Call handling staff brilliant
Cons
Lack of management support, not allowing comfort breaks, management unapproachable
rushed and lacking patient care
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire7 January 2017
My experience of working for CareUk is not a very good one. It started of a good well balanced company but has gone down hill over the years. Patients are treated like being in a sausage factory.
Senior management do not listen and are happy having their cups of tea in their offices whist others work themselves silly!!
staff are lucky to get a lunch or coffee break as again management don't care if you run late or over your shift.
Pros
no time
Cons
pay not too bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6