Care UK Healthcare

Care UK Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom59 reviews
Bullies, unsupportive
They couldn’t care less about employees- non supportive- audit controlled - if a member staff was to say - I’m thinking of leaving - they would show you the door.

Flat rate for BH

Happy to push you too 15 hr day no breaks

Employ non clinical to manage clinical who don’t understand NMC legislation

Managers protect managers
Pros
In some areas training great opportunities
Cons
Managers, bullies, want blood from you - poor sick leave (10days ) flat rate salary 365ays in HIJ
Poor management
Your position is never safe .You will be got rid of if unpopular or raise opinions . Junior staff given senior responsibilities . Unsafe environment.officers unsupportive
Pros
Update opportunity
Cons
Poorly qualified staff promoted
I enjoy working at week-ends for Care Uk and assisting the doctors in driving them to patients throughout the area.
The main part of this Out of Hours job is feeling that you are giving a service to the community and assisting the G.P's with driving them to the visits and phoning patients ahead if we are going to be later than they anticipated, and especially if the visit time is going to breach.
The important and responsible part of this role is being responsible for a fairly large 4 wheel drive vehicle, making the checks on it before leaving the base, loading drug cases, checking that they are not running low on a drug that is dispensed quite regularly. Being able to use the Sat Nav software in the vehicles, and sometimes having to make adjustments if the last driver has altered the settings. Providing a confident and helpful service to the G.P. or Practice Nurse that you maybe driving,

Being prepared to not always finish on time if there are urgent cases to attend to, and there maybe traffic congestion etc.

When the Doctor is visiting the patients, there is time for the Driver to read, or listen to the radio, but at the same time be ready to take calls from the office at Dorking and make adjustments or pass on messages accordingly when the doctor is back in the vehicle.
I am carer
i am still in this company, but I need to change my job. the manager is unfair, she pay wrong my wage each month. moreless of course. each day is stressful. rubbish manager.
Pros
nothing
Cons
minimum wage, rruuubbishmanager
Unhealthy culture. Lots of conversations " worried about my PIN"
Chew you up and spit you out of you won't "just do it". Gossips and bullies in senior positions. Many people leave after days or weeks. Heavy reliance on agency.
Hostile Company
They have a 3 week notice for a forever changing shift pattern, poor wage and don't pay breaks, which there is no guarantee you'll get.

For the little they give, they expect a lot. Training was poor and hostile environment.

While some people seemed nice there was an overall stale atmosphere, which became apparent was created from top down
Bad Company Bad Management
Poor Management Don't like to take liability for people's accidents at work been left with a disability because of Care UK hated working here they lie they deceive inadequate care needs to be checked constantly by CQC they are incompetent
Loved it
Great team to work with, training was intense but the people you meet along the way and the tutors made it more relaxed and enjoyable.
Overall a great place to work and would return.
Management will always close ranks
Absolutely nowhere for staff to go with concerns and issues. Management close ranks and totally protect each other, leaving staff unsupported, stressed and floundering.
Pros
Hours
Unsupportive management.
Ignored by management. Any support promised is revoked as soon as you're facing personal problems. Left to muddle through and solve your own problems. Not a lot of staff...I wondered why they had a rolling advert for staff...I gave up in the end and walked out. The training was stressful, rushed and intense. You have to sit an exam after about a week of intense training, if you don't pass, you're dismissed from the company straight away. I felt sorry for those without prior clinical knowledge. I was told if you have an emergency during the training period of more than 3 hours on the day, you have to start again with the next training cohort. I would have given a zero star rating if that was possible
The people are nice... That's it
Your job is never secure. They will find a way to sack you... 3 people in 3 days while I was there. I left on my own will. Hours changed and forced to choose what they want you to do. Weekend is essential. Asked to come in when my child was sick. Money wasn't worth it
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Awful company
Terrible company to work for. Managers are unsupportive and dismissive of your opinions. Pay not bad however no bonuses or overtime for bank holidays etc. Would never work for them again.
Bullying culture
Outpatient department has a huge turnover of staff and there is a reason for this!
Poor management, bullying is rife and there is very low morale among the staff,
Lovely place to work
Keeping residents active best I can always do more training to better my self manager is helpful staff are good and love my residents
Pros
Lovely people
Cons
Low wage and lot more to activity such than a thought
Avoid at all costs
Bullying culture from management. Awful company to work for. No support. Left to struggle and no help given. If they feel threatened you'll challenge them they'll make your life there miserable. Be warned! It's not worth the stress. Ran on agency staff as all the staff leave due to stress.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, nasty line managers
Avoid Brierley hill 111
intense training, trainers rude try to drill as much information as they can. Then comes exam if fail on the 2nd week ur to sent packing. No extra help available. Save ur self the all the embarrassment, don't bother. It's not 5 weeks traing it's 2. Not very considerate. If ur 1 minute late yes they will pull u up! Training is about different types of symptoms and how the body works, instantly knowing/recognising symptoms. Pay ain't worth the stress!
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
Disorganised
Training
Done all training great team Then it came to practical test had this woman who worked for previous company do my practice test omg she kept putting me down ruined my confidence and was a bit of a secret bully my face didn't fit not sayin I'm a supermodel but she said I wasn't good enough low behold sent home wonder why. Absolutely horrible to me. Should not be able to get away with it. I was sent packing wasted weeks training there. Now confidence issues.
Pros
some staff nice
Cons
bullied
St. Marys MIU Portsmouth
Really not a good place to work. Chronic issue of being understaffed which has a direct impact on you as it often means being late off - often by more than an hour. Money is less than average for this position and is probably the biggest factor for losing staff/ being unable to recruit more. Lack of equipment.
Good for development if you are willing to do university stuff but for those of us that have been there and done that, there is nothing. No in department training or updates whatsoever.

There's a strong culture of "just get on with it" and it makes for very unpleasant shifts.
Pros
Will pay for University modules/ courses
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, understaffed.
Productive, efficient and fun
Care UK really strive to deliver excellent and efficient care to patients and it really shows. This is one of the most productive teams I've worked in and we all work hard together to get the job done.

They really promote team working and we get a chance to visit different sites to discuss difficulties they are having.

Most of the staff at Care UK like to have fun too, with a social committee, rounders events and team building charity events.

Management are really positive about what we are delivering as a company and with lots of new healthcare innovations its an exciting time to work here. They are passionate about developing people professionally so long as you ask to be put on a training course
Pros
The people, the training, the culture and what the company is trying to deliver
Cons
None that I can think of
Supportive environment and great development opportunities
Bad news seems to travel faster than good, so I thought I would drop in and leave my positive experience with Care UK.

These are just some of the things I benefit from;

* A healthy work/life balance

* Development opportunities - I have been given several

opportunities to develop my career and the tools to help me

achieve.

* Supportive management - if this wasn't the case, the point above

would not be valid. In my experience, senior managers

have their employees best interest and well-being at heart.

* A great team environment -I can honestly say this is the most

welcoming, inclusive and friendly environment I have ever worked

in!

There honestly isn't a hardest thing about my job, however if I had to say one then I would probably say it is juggling a busy workload - and that's actually not a bad thing, because...

this isn't down to Care UK asking too much of me, this is because I enjoy a challenge and Care UK encourage the development of my skills. As with anything in life, work hard and you will benefit from the rewards! Care UK manage workloads effectively to an individuals capacity and will ensure you are fully supported at all times.

The best part of my job, is getting up and actually enjoying going to work everyday. I have been with Care UK over 5 years and I have never had that Monday morning dread - a great environment and brilliant people really makes the difference!

I can genuinely say I enjoy my job - I would recommend working at Care UK to anyone!
You have been warned!
Administration role - 2 years

Hours: Good - 9-5

Training: Non existent as the designated “trainers” are just other administrators that are not paid to train. They are not given the time to train people and therefore have to try and train new staff whilst trying to manage their own work and targets.

Teamwork/efficiency: Poor team cohesion and cooperation within the admin department and through all levels of the service. The admin team consisted of an 8 person team but only 3 were competent. This caused conflict but could be avoided through better training and recruitment. Poor task management lead to conflict within the team which in turn lead to low moral and a very high turnover of staff.

Management: Senior management are friendly enough but can turn if KPIs are not met (and they therefore miss their bonus). The administration manager lacked knowledge of the job she managed, often relying on the employees under her. To be fair her to her, she also felt the pressure from the people above her. Unfortunately, she took her stress out on her team causing a hostile environment. Management do not lead by example and instead rely on a blame culture and singling individuals out in front of peers.

Pay/benefits: Wages are low and mine didn’t increase during my employment. The wage reflects the job that is advertised but not the job you end up doing. Benefits are okay, the usual online discounts that if utilised contributes to savings.

Moral: All employees in the office feel the pressure every day and it shows; many individuals have highlighted the fact they dread
 - more...
Pros
9 to 5, Monday to Friday
Cons
Sadly, everything else.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4