Play YouTube video button

Care UK Residential Care Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom585 reviews
Featured review
Care UK Residential Care Services selected this as a representative review
Loved everything about Care UK. Their understanding of the industry is second to none. They have a great training programme and genuinely care about their employees.
Official response from Care UK Residential Care Services
19 August 2019
Thank you for your 4 star review. It's fantastic to hear such positive comments from a former employee.

We wish you well for the future,

Care UK Careers
Poor at keeping people happy
Care UK should be just called UK as they give you too much work and if you don't do all the work they get at you. You never can get it all done as they dont have a full set of staff. Housekeeping are good people and work hard and they need more as they don't get to do the job right. I also heard that they run out of hand towels, toilet rolls and toilet paper. How are they going to clean a building if they are not getting new cloths and how do they put hand towels and toilet paper or toilet rolls if they run out. It hard work and for the money I will now be more happy I have gone to somewhere better.
Great job
Nice place to work but staff can be horrible at times but I was there to look after my residents and care for them how they should be care for and looked after .
Disrespectfull and carless. Inappropiat behaviour.
Laughed at and moked for being a smoker. Humiliated for not being able to use slide sheet. Fire safety group was told in case of fier in residants room you must wrape them up in fier blancket. If up stairs 2 staff slide residant down stairs. If bruises occurs it's just a matter of life and death.This to me is not safe practice and I am concerned for safeguarding of vunrable adults.
If cqc finds out I'm sure this place would be rated inadicute and shut down.

God knows what happens behind closed doors. Just hope residents are so safe.

Stay away if you really do care for others.
Not Recommended
Low paid. No sick pay. Continuous pressure from management to work without equipment or conditions on site. Understaffed. No career progression. Minimum wage. Overload of work. No respect for the employees.
Poor and bullying culture
It’s a blame game with senior managers.The higher they are the louder they shout!
Cliquey teams and rude to junior colleagues.If you smoke you’re in.

Honestly I lasted a week.A week too long.

And they happily discuss other staffs business outside of work.

There’s plenty of other care homes out there that are human.
Good company
Overall good company and good treatment and balance of social life and good training when developing new skills in order to give the best quality of care
Pros
Good experience
Bad care Home
I worked for trymview care home for a short amount of time. Unfortunately, I have now left due to lack of management and bullied by some members of staff at the care home. I understand that there is "zero tolerance" towards bullying, however it does come in to effect, if you have the correct management support.
Poor management
Won't recommend this company. I first started working for the company, when the company was changing software. The supervisor was mean selfish and nasty.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Negative
Extremely bad HR staff - incompetent and unprofessional. Not a recommended company! Looking for another one is highly recommended otherwise you will regret.
Poor management
The support houses are fairly good to work in. The clients are great and seniors and staff very good. The operation manager has several members of her family working in each support so poor practice there. She is unsupportive and her idea of supervisions are asking you into a room with a Senior taking notes and intimidating you! I’ve never experienced anything like it before and Izvestia worked in care for 37 years.
Do not be part of this dummies!!!
0 Organization
0 Equality

0 Management

0 Humanity

Cuntry people without any equality.

Waste of time

Very foggy

Eldery harvesting

Tonbrige like individuals
Great workplace
Team and management were great and supportive. Always learning while on the job and pushed to learn new skills. Always kept busy and entrusted to do your job to the best of your ability
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Long wait for patients
No appreciation for hard work
Company do not value their staff. Recently reduced staffing levels. Double work load. Special treatment for chosen few. Not everyone treated the same. Not acknowledged by Managing Director. Not even a Good Morning
Fun place to work
If you're a committed Care Worker then Care UK is an excellent company to work for. The home itself is bright, clean and well maintained. The managers are fair but most of all I enjoy getting to know the residents.
Lovely place, friendly staff and residents.
I worked at the care uk in manchester near wythenshawe and they had lovely and friendly staff on site and lovely residents too i enjoyed my time at care uk.
Care UK - I could kind no better definition of a Oxymoron
You would be better of being employed by an agency than directly by Care UK.
Culture of bullying, no benefits in working direct, minimum company pension contribution, no sick pay, more chiefs than indians, no loyalty

Avoid at all costs.
Good care home
Depends what staff are on with you. Some staff and managers are more hands on than others. Our residents are all nice and friendly. We as staff are here for our residents friends and family as well as our residents
stress and racist
They treat people differently in regards to others cultures and backgrounds. The manager doesn't know how to talk to staff, she was over working her own people by making them work 24 hour, and for others making you work the job of 2 people and two people are doing.
Don't do it
I for one am glad I no longer work there,bullying of staff and hounding them out of jobs seems to be the new careuk way of doing things,also if you don't fit you get labelled with mental health issues.
Bad management
Management have their favourites who can't do no wrong. The more you do the less you're thought of. A lot of bullying goes on and accusations of staff having mental health issues is frequently banded around.. Issues that need dealing with are brushed under the carpet. I would not put a relative if mine in there.