Care UK Residential Care Services Employee Reviews

Awful management, people unfriendly unwilling to talk or help
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire27 January 2019
Had a terrible experience at my short time with this company. The senior staff members are rude and unhelpful. Look down on the lower paid staff and was ignored on multiple occasions when trying to be friendly. Management were rude about other staff members and went against policy rules to try to get their own way/fire people from the business.
Pros
Cons
everything
Avoid at all costs
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh27 January 2019
I was a care assistant at a care home in Edinburgh worst place I've ever worked in my life. I could give an endless list of why working for this company is shocking and appalling but was treated like dirt and you get dumped on avoid at all costs.Do not work here. Unless you like being bullied, forgotten about and treated like dirt, given duties that hostesses do not want to do anymore that is not in your job description and get assigned to kitchen or housekeeping duties because staff walk out all the time. Constantly harrased by txt message for staff to cover shifts. No support from management they never seem to be in the office, your concerns are ignored. Avoid with with your life.!!
Pros
Not working there anymore
Cons
Everything is wrong with this place
Bad company to work for
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire30 January 2019
Lovely home just a shame about the management in all areas.
Nothing gets sorted and it’s brushed to one side. The support is there but only if you’re liked. 90% of staff are unhappy and they don’t recognise this. The staff turn over is really bad. New starters get put in the deep end and leave as they are made to feel uncomfortable.

No breaks if short staffed, no help. Team work is a hit and miss depending on who you are.
Lovely place to work
Rota Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redhill28 November 2018
When working at CareUK I actually felt sad to leave.

Rota Administration is a varied role and two days will never be the same. I have learned to think n my feet, do multiple things at once and be very confident and forthcoming on the phone.

The Management are great and I cannot fault them, they strive to look after you and make sure you are okay from the moment you step foot in the building.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with constant changes that'll come your way and keeping up with workload, the most enjoyable part is definitely the people that you will talk to every single day and the different systems that you will learn.

If anyone were to ask, I would 100% recommend working for CareUK.
Pros
The People
Cons
Workload
Do not work for them if you have family commitments
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey14 February 2019
Words can not express how bad it was working for this company. Management were terrible and they do not care whether your child is sick or in hospital or even if your in bad health, you will be put down to work. If you have set days that you can only work, they don't care, you will be put down on the rota to work on those days. Forget taking annual leave, they'll tell you cant take your leave dates for a stupid reason. Work culture is disgusting, people have their own clique and wont help you, they will watch you struggle. Members of staff talk about your personal life with everyone and you end up feeling humiliated every time you come on shift. Only thing that was good about working with them was pay day! If you have children and health needs, do not work for this company.
Pros
Pay Day
Sadly disappointing...
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands14 November 2018
The job role and setting are amazing - the residents and families are wonderful. I loved getting to know the residents and providing tailor-made sessions to adapt to their needs.
The management culture in the home I worked in was unprofessional, unpleasant and unsupportive. There were clear cliques and favourites. Policies and procedures were overlooked depending on who it was/what the situation was.
The care team are FANTASTIC - they work hard, bring life and cheer and do all they can for each and every resident.
Pros
beautiful setting and home to work in
Cons
management
Would not recommend working for this company at all
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Sussex29 November 2018
This company offers no benefits. The hours are long 12 hour shifts with unpaid breaks 1/2 hour lunch unpaid and two fifteen minute breaks morning and afternoon again unpaid.

There is a blame culture from the management. The management was totally unsympathetic to care workers needs. There was no support. Never any praise for a job well done under difficult circumstances only a blame and finger pointing culture.

The particular home I worked at was so bad that staff walked out without other jobs to go to.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Not being there anymore.

This company was so bad I have left the care sector all together.
Pros
There are none they don't even offer free lunches for a 12 hour shift
Cons
Long hours and too many agency staff. No continuity of care.
Worst place ever!
Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill, West Midlands23 December 2018
4 weeks training (or 6 week full time) on the pay of £8.35ish, after 8 days of training you do an assessment, if you fail it you’re allowed one resit, you fail that and you’re removed from the course (sometimes given the role as a service advisor). After that one training you then do a second training on the computers where you work the system. The training decent and the pay is good. Contracts in place are rubbish, I was on a 6 week rolling contract. You aren’t entitled to a break unless you work over 6 hours, if you spend longer than 2 minutes off line then you get a call and a email from a manager demanding you go online (annoying trying to walk to the toilet, wee, wipe, wash hands and make it back to your desk). Management is a joke, it took four months before I met my manager who was rude. Left after 6 months. Wouldn’t go back unless management was better
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Not a very enjoyable place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent24 October 2018
Meeting the same clients who you know their needs and very easy to support.

Learnt to keep to self and do my work diligently.

Listens to gossip and divides staff.

Work culture of reporting each other and people facing disciplinary measures that end up not being true and letters of apologies written.

The hardest part of the job is to be paired with someone who spends the day looking for errors than co-supporting the client.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to fill you have done the best for the client.
Pros
Knowing the days of the month you are to work, meeting new nice people, going to recreational places and holidays with the client.
Cons
Risk being reported, sleeping in for more days than expected because someone calls in sick
Unsupportive, rushing and pushing more and more patients and worst management ever.
Clinician (consultant) (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire18 October 2018
Chaotic Company only focused in their revenue (Stock Market greedy investors), they are called Don’t Care UK by their own staff because they are always pushing more and more patients to the Clinicians’ lists causing stress, mistakes and bad atmosphere with so much rushing.
Management is worse than awful, many people trying to give lessons and complicating the heavy bureaucracy (they are not really working for the Company but only disturbing their employees).
They fired honest, good and reliable people without giving the period notice of their contract!
Pros
Salary in the past
Cons
Everything (mainly management) except some colleagues
Care UK
Call handler for the 111 service, health advisor (Former Employee) –  Dorking, Surrey7 November 2018
working here was one of my favorite jobs, i learnt so much and met so many lovely people. they were really warm and welcoming at my interview, i was nervous. whilst in training the trainers were patient with all of us and motivated us as a team. they are a brilliant company and they are all brilliant at what they do.
Pros
the work environment
Cons
long travelling hours
Lifestyle Co-Ordinator
Lifestyle Co Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Bromsgrove, Worcestershire13 November 2018
Really enjoy my job, every day is very different, all teams work well together and the atmosphere in the home is wonderful. Activities are varied and it’s always fun asking the residents what they would like to do and ensuring we deliver excellent person centred care at all times. Would recommend!
Pros
Free lunch. Fun activities. Good atmosphere.
Terrible place
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Beechhurst Hayward’s heath22 October 2018
Terrible place especially in the last year the manager was more suited to the prison service, she had zero respect for staff except for the favoured few, residents looked dirty and scruffy no activities for them, just sat looking at a tv that wasn’t on half the time , senior management even worse. Just awful it did used to be nice when I first started there, such a shame
Cons
Overworked under paid no support
Senior Staff Member (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
Working for Careuk is not some where I would recommend to anyone. The manager does not listen there is no support from the manager who talks at you and not to you. Staffing is not the best always shirt if staff staff are tired over worked and under paid. Head office it seems are more interested in lining their pockets and not in boosting staff morale.
Cons
Long hours low staff morale low pay
I will never work for this company .
Nurse manager (Former Employee) –  High market residential care home Banbury1 October 2018
I joined as a Nurse Manager. Previously worked as a trained nurse for 17 yrs in Oxford university hospitals trust. Had a very bad experience as I have to work under senior cares and Team Leaders who will undermind your knowledge and experience. No breaks .Did not get any support from manager. I will never recommend my family or my friend to work for this company.
Pros
One training
Great Place - Great Team!
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Current Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire17 February 2019
Management treat staff like gold dust, bend over backwards to help people and help staff find their feet, never been happier in a care role and I rate my employers and the company highly.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Sometimes clients pass away which is hard to deal with.
Chef
Chef (Former Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire16 January 2019
When i worked here it was about stepping on everyone and not caring about team work only yourself
Managment was nevee there on weekends. They just put more and more work load till all the good people go and wonder why people hated it
Pros
Alternate weekends
Cons
Managment food was poor pay too many to list
lovely & friendly
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shiney Row29 August 2018
I loved the short time i worked at grangewood ,the staff and residents were lovely.Day to day tasks included feeding,cleaning & general care of residents, liaising with other staff about medication & general health & wellbeing of residents.The home was well run with good morale between staff,management & residents.I started my online training with care uk which covered all aspects of care.I would work for care uk again if the right position within my area came up.
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
12 hour shifts weren`t ideal for my situation
carer
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  heatherbrook24 August 2018
I worked at heatherbrook nursing home for 14yrs as senior carer..And i loved it there.I only left to try another job.Staff were friendly and the care good.I even cried when i left wondering if i done the right thing.Money isnt good but its the same everywhere you go.I have been left 4yrs now.It may have changed i dont know.At this moment in time i am considering going back..If i do lets hope it is still as nice as when i left..
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
low wages
Horrible place to work. understaffed.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billingham, North Yorkshire16 August 2018
The management are only bothered about how the place looks to people coming in and head office, shortstaffed apart from when CQC, head office or other organisations in. Staff are run off their feet trying to care for residents while management is more bothered about trivial things like something missing off the dining tables. Management only show an interest in residents when visitors are in.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management, long hours, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care UK Residential Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.