Care Support

Care Support Employee Reviews

Lovely place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Barking and Dagenham, Greater London24 January 2020
Care Support is a lovely place to work. you can develop within your role and their is always room to grow. Management are extremely supportive and are happy when people succeed and they want you to be happy in your workplace. While the nature of the work is fast paced every day is exciting. The senior management treat everyone with respect no matter what position they are in and always take the time to say thank you.
Bad Experience
carer (Former Employee) –  Margate1 October 2019
I had a bad experience with management who were not great at their job but the home was lovely. Staff could of done with more training and a fairer rota system for all
Awful working place
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Claughton30 September 2019
Terrible place to work no one cares dump all jobs on you not enough staff to cover calls expect everyone to do everything and give nothing, they do not appreciate staff, big nobs have their favourites at a certain site and get rid of those that don’t say what they want them to when inspectors come. Carers are fine but it’s the bosses at the top that are relentless, non caring, no understanding, they just don’t care about anyone, they sack you for the least thing.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Everyone
Awful place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Grays24 September 2019
Seniors don’t Care about the residents, too busy smoking and gossiping. No support to new starters, not many people stay longer than a month or 2. Bullying tactics used by seniors and other carers because they don’t like you reporting them when they give bad care or treat residents disgustingly. Basically like being back at school, awful place to work, not friendly! Be warned
Lovely place to work, a very supportive team and management
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 July 2019
Made welcome from day 1, the teams are wonderful and committed. There were a few issues to start with but that was because change was needed which has now been implemented.
Paignton
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paignton21 June 2019
Poor company not bothered about staff and poor pay, the only good part were the staff and tenants , you have to pay for uniform and dbs, you work a lot of hours then get called at short notice when your off
Pros
Not alot
Cons
Hours unsociable
Productive and supportive environment
Review and assessment officer (Current Employee) –  Newham, Greater London17 June 2019
The last 8 months has been great working with care support. Such a shame that they had to close the home care section of business.I would love to have continued working for this company,however, the other section of business is too far for me to travel.
Pros
friendly staff to work with
Cons
too far
It was a good place to work or wouldnt of stayed for so long.
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Paignton15 April 2019
A good place to work, but the pay was low and hours long. We had lots of sickness which had to be covered and most of the girls were shattered. It went for about 3 years of a low turn over of staff, but that changed in the last few days.
Pros
Good staff. Good resturant.
Cons
Long hours.
The worst place I have ever worked
Carer (Former Employee) –  Essex24 November 2018
Senior management treat care staff like dirt. People are fired constantly with no real chance to put their own sides forward. No support provided to new starters-few make it past a month or two. Bullying tactics regularly used by senior managers to either force staff into difficult situations, or force them to leave if they don't fit the personality they are looking for. no respect at all is shown to care staff who are the bread and butter of the organisation. When things go wrong and staff need help, there is no one to ask. Unrealistic workloads are set, and staff reprimanded like small children if they fail to reach these unrealistic targets. Much more like dealing with a clique in a high school than with an employer. Please, avoid at all costs. An awful place to work.
more like a school then a work place
Senior Care worker/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London2 November 2018
Management don't listen, the pay is rubbish, the hours are not worth the work.
No support, that's why all the staff are leaving.

I would not recommend this place to anyone as you are treated like a slave as a pose to a member of the team.
the residents make the job
worker (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire15 May 2018
Although this job in fairly paid it isnt relative to how much worker a carer does. I havent had a job that is this full on for a lower wage. The residents make this job bareable it is very physically demanding and long hours.
Average workplace but fantastic people
Administrator (Former Employee) –  plaistow19 November 2017
Alot of pressure and not the best pay but colleagues and other staff are always lovely and friendly. Nice family environment but not much room to advance in career prospects.
Lovely co-workers
Support Worker/Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford14 November 2017
I worked at the st bedes building in Bedford. Co-workers were lovely, it was hard to get time off, the pay was lower than most care jobs and there wasn't much room to increase my status.
Pros
co-works and service users
Cons
time off, pay, management
Good workplace
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  London26 March 2017
Good workplace to work at. Staff is friendly and cooperative. Good relationship with the patients and staff is always willing to assist with problems that come up on the job.
productive work place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire19 March 2017
It is very good company with a lot of good people working there. They can help with developing your skills. Workplace culture is on very high level. Managment is allways there to help with all kind of issues.
Pros
free tea, coffee
Productive workplace
assistant (Current Employee) –  Wells10 September 2016
I enjoy working as a care support worker as I get to interact with the elderly. Some days are better then others, its a struggle to get on with my job if we are short staffed or one of my colleagues needs a hand with something. We all work really well as part of a team and always help each other out if we are struggling with a task. The hardest part of the job is the time, sometimes if we are really busy I struggle getting my job done on time, but stay on until i have finished.
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
Not enough time.
Rewarding
Caring support Live-in (Former Employee) –  Lydney23 June 2016
Rewarding. I enjoyed helping the client live a fuller life that he was previously able.
Encouraging him to do as much for himself as possible to keep him mobile and as self-sufficient as possible.
Empowering him and ensuring his dignity and safety was maintained at all times.
Checking that he ate nutritionally balanced meals and kept hydrated.
productive
Assist service (Former Employee) –  london21 January 2015
The real secret is that, in the past, I wasn’t nearly as productive. I struggled with procrastination, had issues completing assignments on time, and always felt like I never had enough time to do things. But, starting in January and continuing for the past eight months, I have slowly implemented several systems and habits in my life that, taken together, have made me productive. Productivity is not a talent I have – I’ve learned to be productive over the past several months and I have habits in place where I basically cannot fail to be productive.
interactive and productive work place
Volunteer Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London17 February 2014
My time at Care Services was highly rewarding in that work to me although on a voluntary bases did not feel like work rather, it was more like being part of a family. I got to know the Service Users and their families as well as the staff members and other Allied Professionals who worked with the Service Users. The focus and aims of myself and company members was more on what clients could do as opposed to what they could not. As it was a relatively small service with six clients one to one support for Service Users was a viable and practical notion, which meant that Clients received the best possible care they could as and when needed. It was a calm happy workplace where the management was efficient and employee conscientious. The most difficult part of my job i would have to say was leaving.
Pros
very social work place
Cons
excellent hours
supervisor care support worker.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shifnal Telford17 November 2013
Following a daily timed slotted rota covering all sevice users needs.
Providing care and support with every service user.
Duties carried out wake up calls,moving and handling.personnel care,prompting medication and preparation of food.
With-in the caring industry you are carrying out daily visits to different sevice users in their homes building up a trusting relationship with each individual, this allows you to identify how they are feeling that morning, have you noticed any changes,are they struggling with different daily tasks.all information must be recorded down into the service users carebook.
Health and safety,first aid,moving and handling,medication administration and also food and hiegene are key training.
As a supervisor i am on call to support and guide other co-workers with-in their daily work place.
The hardest part of my position is not knowing what you are going to walk in to that morning.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping and supporting the elderly to enable them to stay and live in their own homes.
Pros
Helping the community/rewarding postion
Cons
on call 24hrs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Care Support. Our community is ready to answer.

Care Support Reviews by Location