CARE MANAGEMENT GROUP
Here to help
Coronavirus update

CARE MANAGEMENT GROUP Employee Reviews

United Kingdom140 reviews
Stressful and underpaid. Lovely residents but almost complete lack of work life balance. No consistency regarding rota so difficult to plan personal life. Sometimes feels as though I’m owned by the company whereas I actually work for them.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Poor management
little support management level
staff team amazing

above home level if you don't fit …..

always moving goalposts

now changed to Achieve Together and was not good
Pros
SU amazing
Cons
lots of clicks
Considering my circumstances and how dedicated I was I dont think I was treated fairly. I'm one of the best yet was dismissed! Complete waste of my efforts.
The Job was hard and stressful due to the lack of support given by management there were days where I had to stay longer and didn't get a thank you for the hard work which was upsetting.

The Pay wasn't getting my anywhere as i had to travel to Service Users with Public Transport and wasn't getting that money back
The people who are supported are the most wonderful people in the world. Unfortunately going upwards that changes. By the time you get to head office they are awful and treat you as though you are nothing.
Good CEO - great mentor for future leadership, management supportive, great fun place to work, staff always encouraged to progress in career, however some favouritism for certain staff to progress. Salary for staff could be increased to feel valued.
Absolutely loved it here couldn’t fault the management in any way loved every minute it is an absolutely rewarding job to do if I could I would go back tomorrow
Love my clients I use to work for I would not change them for nothing we grow as a family All now i attend their birthday party’s or anything they have at the home .
Service Users fine, staff a nightmare, if manager not on site staff just do what they want.......mainly eating, smoking and playing on mobile phones.
Not horrible job but just reminded me of being back at school due to staff stupid behaviour
Pros
shift pattern not bad, plenty of free time as shifts either late or early
Cons
Staff can be very 'clicky'
Worst company. Management bullies staff the whole time and is completely lazy.
Reached out and nothing was done, I eventually left for my own sanity
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CARE MANAGEMENT GROUP?
I would not recommend Care Management Group. The company is not well managed and the staff is not supported in any way. Poor working conditions and staff is underpaid. I'm glad I have left four years ago.
Loyalty, dedication, commitment mean nothing at all. You are a number, the only concern for managers is ‘covering the shift’. Management and snr regional ignore bullying, even when reported.
The service users are wonderful as are many if the staff, but don’t expect a family life. I was working over 100 hrs a week, 24 hrs a day 5 days a week.

When you expect and ask for support, you will be dumped and the next muggiven a job, honestly elsewhere.
Hard work nice friendly staff , enjoyed my time can be flexible around home life, happly place to be, need to be reliable and flexible busy environment
The most time i love with my job when i am supporting them shopping, supporting them with cooking their dinner and taking to activities the hardest part is when they are not in a good mood it can be very difficult at times but at the end it work out fine. I love working with learning disabilities sometimes they really up lift your spirit i love to take care of them.
This job was extremely challenging however allows you to push yourself t the highest potential within yourself. The headoffice managers can sometimes be extremely unhelpful.
working with care management group is not fun , my colleague are hand working and friendly people, they working as a team , share responsibilities.
Most of the time is more stressful , because the house where I am working is more challenging .

Management provide face to face and online training.

I enjoyed interacting with clients and do activities with them.
This is not a easy job by any means. It takes a certain type of person to come in and achieve person centred support every day. But the reward out ways any challenging behaviour.
The smallest smile or seeing an accomplishment makes my day, knowing that myself and the team have helped do that is heart warming.
Don’t work hear don’t now how look after staff and pay basic money hour work long hours and and manger has no respect for u tell them not happy and say if don’t like their door I just fell sorry for service users how are greet and all short staff and manager thick ok. Just be careful when call u ask leving they say not say nothing but they do tell manger they don’t even any benefits work there’
Unreasonable management that don't do their job and don't know how to do their job or how to look after residents and wait 6 months to put you on hoist training. They dont care about their employees or their needs.
how do i sum this placement up,in one word?
i cannot.

i had worked for this placement for two years and quite frankly found the lack of support distressing.

i had been physically/psychologically abused by a tenant and received no support from upper management.

there was a time,i was eager to return to work,as i love helping those who cannot help themselves so well.

but,i began to dread it.

so did others,subjected to abuse...in fact many left in my early days.

approximately four or five.

quite frankly the management or rather lack of...is appalling

if a place wished to maintain a caring vibe?

then surely it would look after those,that look after persons in their care.

and respect,that some do have mental health,themselves.

the staff themselves are amazing and very supportive individuals (the ones i had a pleasure of working with long term) we were like a family.

again,i say were because most were unfairly dismissed,myself included,by someone who doesn't know what they're doing and is very un-empathetic.
Pros
staff members
Cons
long hours, mismanaged
Worked across several services in Surrey. The service in Dorking is absolutely amazing, great staff and wonderful mangers. Just excellent, the is a service in Redhill with wonderful staff who work extremely hard but the service manager was horrible, threw staff under the bus to cover her mistakes tried to cover up a lot of mishappenings instead of a dressing the issues and finding a solution., a service in Croydon with a wonderful supportive manager but horrible horrible deputy, alot of favouritism and nepostim from the deputy. Very rude and unprofessional. Our regional manager, Mark penny, was very supportive. Is not all bad just a few rotten apples giving bad publicity for many who works extreamly hard.
Pros
Wonderful colleagues, very fulfilling job, absolutely great training
Cons
Very low wages, arrogant mangers and deputies, no progression
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARE MANAGEMENT GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6