CARE MANAGEMENT GROUP Employee Reviews

Stressful but Worth It
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire24 April 2019
I have been a support worker at CMG in Trowbridge, Hilperton for a little while now. I am not going to sit here and say that its a perfect job, as that is pretty hard to find. What I will say, is that the benefits in my opinion far surpass the negatives. Each day can be stressful, some more than others however, I know that I am impacting a young persons life in a way that makes such a big difference. I am giving them opportunities and methods of expressing themselves and participating in "normal" activities that neurotypical people get to experience every day when they want to. The Autism spectrum disorder and learning difficulties would have stopped them in the past from being able to access the "outside world" or part take in any activity they wanted to. Now, with CMG and all the support teams help, we allow them to access the community in a safe manner, helping them evolve as individuals and become more confident in themselves and us.
Some days, as I said are hard, and some days it feels as though the rate of pay is not worth it, or that the shifts feel too long. If you are the kind of person who wants to make a difference to someone's life, then without a doubt I can say that CMG can help you do that. CMG is passionate about development and enhancement of the young individuals lives, evolving tools and techniques that aid in communication and thus make a difference to the happiness of the individual. Each day we are learning something new, or trying a new technique with out individuals and can drastically see a change over time in their behaviour. Nothing is nicer than
  more... watching a young man evolve into a very happy young adult, and seeing how far he has come from when he first began his residency with CMG.
I couldn't give more credit to CMG and what they do for the individuals they support. They put so much time and effort into ensuring the safety and happiness of those they support AND employ.
CMG have not only made a difference to the autistic individuals lives but they have made a difference to mine as well. They have taught me so much, and I continue to learn each day I go to work. I couldn't be prouder of us and what we do as a team and company.
Pros
Lots of support, average pay, amazing training, making a difference
Cons
Long shifts, minor injures
not good
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Beckenham, Greater London12 April 2019
My manager was awful management do nothing and they dont care how employees do soo much for them with really nothing in return. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy
Pros
work colleagues
Cons
everything else
Company is terrible
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex27 February 2019
The only thing good is the young adults we care for. Management is terrible. Company should be called Maximum profit group. Recent reviews seem staged. Good staff leave and bad staff stay and are protected by management if reported.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Pay, management, lazy staff
1 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and I'm sorry you feel this way. If you have any specific issues to raise, please do contact me and I will arrange for a call between yourself and our CEO, Peter Kinsey so you can discuss your concerns in person.

I can assure you that all reviews are genuine, honest and voluntary.

01372 364051

Forward moving company that has its staff and clients at the forefront
Carer (Current Employee) –  West London, Greater London16 February 2019
Excellent organisation with strong values and appreciation of their staff. People we support are always at the forefront of any decision made or policy change. If staff work hard there are great opportunities to progress within the company. Trading offered is the best I've attended and management are always supportive, encouraging and approachable.
Pros
Striving for excellence at all times
Cons
Enhanced rates for overtime and bank holidays worked.
20 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's always nice to hear from people enjoying their job. Keep up the good work!

Very supportive company, great opportunities for career progression!
Registered Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrow & Wembley, London16 February 2019
I have worked for CMG since Oct 2017 as a Registered Manager for two services. I was recently promoted to Regional Director. CMG provided an excellent Home Manager Development Program. The company are very supportive and have amazing CQC ratings. A brilliant company to work for!
Pros
Career progression opportunities, Home Manager Development programme. Staff awards, Perkbox
20 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's always good to hear from people enjoying their work. Best of luck with your new position!

great place to work, provides very good training
Bank Support Worker (Current Employee) –  New Milton, Hampshire2 February 2019
I work as a Bank staff at Little Orchard, New Forest. It has a very homely atmosphere and extremely friendly staff. Management/company provides all necessary training to make you confident in your job role. Residents’ families are very appreciative and supportive. Managers, regional directors and even the CEO all are very approachable. Only issue is the salary not very competitive in the area.
Pros
good training and management
Cons
repair of equipment takes a while
11 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review, and I'm glad you're enjoying your position. I will pass your comments on to the relevant areas.

Supportive and motivating
Operations Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex1 February 2019
Best organisation I’ve worked for. My line manager and team are just amazing - so supportive and helpful. I have learnt so much and continue to learn and develop daily. Really motivating organisation who truly do put those supported at the heart of all they do.
Pros
Supportive culture
11 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review, it's always nice to hear from people enjoying their job. Keep up the good work.

If all the staff did what they were supposed to, then it could be a fun job.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex24 January 2019
I worked here for 3yrs. Had to leave due to 3 staff who were the laziest, rudest people I've ever worked with. I was a Support Worker plus mini bus driver.I always went on clients holidays, whether I wanted or not ! Of which I did enjoy but was forced to go because the lazy, rude ones couldn't be bothered because of the hard work looking after your client 24/7 on holidays. This company needs to look at what staff actually work, and the lazy ones who just like to do nothing & get praised for doing nothing because they put on the sweet smile for clients parents & the CEO !
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Poor wages
31 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience working for us. If you wish to discuss anything personally with the CEO, Peter Kinsey, please do contact me on 01372 364051 and I will set up a phone call for you.

Best place I’ve worked
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire17 January 2019
Best place I’ve worked! The management are brilliant,very understanding and have such a laugh with them. Brilliant team to be apart of. Very much enjoy coming to work.
Pros
Good management
31 January 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words and I am glad to hear you are enjoying your job.

Not a supportive management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex6 January 2019
Just political management. Looks for their own vested interest. Not a good management. It has hierarchy of vested interest and highly political. Hidden racism is everywhere.
Pros
small homes
Cons
min wage for support staff
31 January 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience, and racism is certainly something we will not stand for.

Should you wish to discuss your experience with the CEO personally, please contact Claire on 01372 364051 and I will set up a phone call with him.

Great place to work apart from the staff team
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wales3 January 2019
Great place to work for if it wasn't for a poor quality staff team.
Rewarding role when seeing positive outcomes for service users.
Company gives great training and offers great career and professional development.
Staff team is very young and this can impact on others, as staff are lazy, immature and more concerned about their wage than supporting the service users. New staff pick up on old staff members bad habits and this reflects on the new staff members attitudes.
Management is OK but can be improved on.
Pay is one of the lowest in the area, other providers give better pay for the role that is expected.
Hours not an issue but can be expected to do 4 12 hour shifts in a row, this is down to poor rota organisation and staff on part time contracts or flexible contracts.
Pros
Service users, training, professional development
Cons
Pay, staff team
31 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and I'm sorry you have had a bad experience working for CMG. If you'd like to discuss your experience personally with the CEO, Peter Kinsey, please contact me on 01372 364051 and I will arrange a phone call for you.

Recruitment Manager

This is the worst company to work for
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire21 December 2018
Managers- don't care about you, can't keep your personal information private. Not helpfully, lazy. When they are not on shift they block the homes land line number so u can't call them. Always going on managers lunches.

The home- this company does not pay good money for the work that you have to do, the home is dirty, over worked and under payed. The service users just watch tv and don't do much. The workers are nasty, spit in the sink. The worst company to work for they do not care about their staff.
Pros
Cons
Bad company
don't do it
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Worthing18 December 2018
extremely poor management; if anyone is managing it at the time...who have no idea about anyone they support and the whole company is obsessed with making as much money as possible. far too many policies and procedures and staff are happy to drop you in it as soon as they can. shame really as the service users are all lovely. very high staff turnover. and seniors are reluctant to encourage you with any training.
manual handling in these homes are awful. but again they would rather you be off sick due to injury rather than invest in appropriate equipment.
the only thing they are very good with is helping you juggle work life balance.
Pros
lovely service users
Cons
never any pay rise
Varied, but stressful
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Pontllanfraith11 December 2018
The days at the houses under CMG are varied and dependent on the service users, one day may be rather slow with you sat around waiting for the service users, and another day, you may be on your feet all day, supporting the service users. Sometimes the service users become unsettled and may pose a risk to you, themselves or others, and you have to employ the appropriate measures and techniques to help them overcome the issue.

I learned how to effectively manage a stressful and difficult situation with grace, ensuring the safety and dignity of the service users. I have learned to mare effectively multitask, supporting a number of service users. I have undergone a number of courses, from first aid to epilepsy training.

The management of CMG leaves a fair bit to be desired, and there is a startling lack of communication more often than not. I have often found myself going to my usual workplace, only to discover that my rota has been changed without notice and that I'm set to work elsewhere that day, or I'm sent to work at another house to find that, not only am I not set to be there, but the company has sent three other people to the house on top of the two already on shift.

The workplace can be a challenge sometimes, and navigating the social cliques can be annoying, but the big issue I have is that I don't feel I can really trust anyone. It sort of feels like walking on eggshells and monitoring your speech so that no one can use it against you. We are bound by confidentiality, but when you become wary of voicing an opinion, the issue begins.

The hardest part of the
  more... job, hands down, is the emotional toll it can put on a person. I once locked myself in the bathroom on a night shift and broke down into tears, due to an issue with a service user. Supporting these individuals can be very rewarding, or it can be downright terrifying.

The most enjoyable part of the job has to be the feeling of accomplishment you get from supporting the service users, or the camaraderie you build with them.
Pros
More days off a week, Sense of Accomplishment
Cons
Long hours, Stressful, Poor Communication, Mediocre Management and Leadership, Emotionally Draining
You'll need luck to work here.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Essex10 December 2018
An absolute joke! Would not advice anyone to work here. You will become a slave....
Managers do not appreciate staff. Rubbish Pay - Not worth it.....
very good in providing training
Senior Support worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 December 2018
very busy since the begining of the shift .
lots of training provided regarding the job description.
workplace coulture apperaed goood
dealing with very challenging behaviour
meeting people and understanding autism
Pros
training
31 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the training.

Awful company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Gosport1 December 2018
Avoid this company at all costs. Management do not care about their staff, they bully staff in multiple ways. The job itself has benefits when working with service users but when in work the staff and management will belittle you. I have been attacked in multiple occasions which is not the service users fault due to their state of mind however not ideal as can be very dangerous. I had to walk out due to management not being trustworthy and illegally not paying you the hours you worked. Staff expect you to work ridiculous hours including working in the day then doing a night shift where you are not able to sleep. Made to do 45 hours in 3 days
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Poor Pay, bullying, long hours, rude staff, attacks, poor training
Aim higher than CMG to value yourself
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove30 November 2018
The less I say here the better; CMG doesn’t pay their staff a living wage. You will meet great staff but the turnover is high. The Managers vary but the promotion prospects are minimal in many homes. Because of the low pay the people supported aren’t being valued because the staff don’t feel worthy. Someone very greedy at the top (several) are hoarding the money and creating very bad karma for themselves and a poor quality of life for most staff. Staff training doesn’t scratch the surface of what you need to know, when it comes to behaviours that challenge. You may be expected to take a pay cut even after many years of loyalty to the Company. You will be expected to work as hard as the Managers, at Support work level for money that will barely cover your rent and bills.
Pros
Free meals in some services and a secure job if you can endure it
Cons
Long hours, sleep ins, poor pay, poor training big staff turnover and greedy people at the top who don’t care about your low pay
Terrible company
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex12 November 2018
I used to work for cmg and i found them to be unsupportive in my career development and the culture in the home i worked at was very institutionalised even though they said they didnt want it to be and wanted it to be a home from home it wasnt!!
Pros
Cons
Low pay. No support in career development
Poor
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Surrey8 November 2018
I wasted a long time here, the home was horrible, the staff were incredibly unprofessional and uneducated, they couldn’t even tell me the conditions the people they looked after had, one simply replied “erm I think like Down’s syndrome” this was not correct. The hours were long and exhausting and the pay is poor. The residents were violent and I was often punched, slapped, spat at and verbally abused. This place was detrimental to my own mental health.
The staff turn over is high. I would not recommend this company
Pros
Cons
Violent residents, idiot staff, long hours, poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARE MANAGEMENT GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8