Care Inspectorate

Care Inspectorate Employee Reviews

The Care Inspectorate is a very professional, well organised and structured regulatory body. To work here you need to care about the work that it does.
High expectations Good training and development Good peer support Job where you make a difference - inspecting for improvement and good outcomes for services
Organisation lacks structure. Left doesn’t know what the right is doing. Poor Induction process, gossiping culture. Recruitment process takes far too long and induction is poor
A great work/life balance where all employees enjoy putting in the time to deliver their work as a result. It's a small organisation with a big role ensuring that care services in Scotland are appropriately regulated.
The staff in the Dunfermline office were welcoming and friendly. I found the job underwhelming as I have had more demanding roles. I learned about the functions of the CI across Scotland and how they assess risk and seriousness.
Fantastic organisation with a positive culture and great management and support for all employees. Terms and conditions are in line with local authority positions.
Monotonous job. Low salary, no real chance of evolving.
Fantastic place to work which offer fair work / life balance contracts. Friendly helpful informative staff. Great HR department with many policies which suit the employee as well as the employer.
We were payed to produce a video game for children ages 12-18. The game had to include an element of choice, stealth and character interaction. The project was ongoing from the start of 2013, however I was brought on later on for the funded part. A typical day at work would require designing new areas and characters, sending the sketches to 3D modellers and jumping on to texture painting. Towards the deadline we were working 12 hour days and I did everything from graphic design to illustration and modelling. Hard work paid off in the end and we were nominated for best student game at TIGA Game Industry Awards 2013.
Pros
Excellent experience and references
Cons