Care Connect Employee Reviews

Worst place ever to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside5 November 2017
dont get paid right,never paid on time, overlapping calls, rang up on days off and forced to come in without a say, not nice people to work with, made to do double up calls alone as they don’t hire truth worthy people to show up and don’t care who they hire, no travel time, no breaks ever!! Oh god it’s just the worst company and I advise you to do not apply! People get sacked for no reason expected to stay in the calls for the full time but baring in mind you have to be at 3 other clients that are probably on other side of the world but get moaned at down the phone if your late or cutting calls! Basically your expected to do the impossible!
Pros
Clients
Cons
The whole company
Avoid at all costs
driver (Former Employee) –  st helens28 June 2017
Worked 2 weeks for this company and they blatantly ripped me off for my 2 weeks wages.Absolute con artists.No Morals,No regard for staff and from my experience...Thieves.You have been warned!.
Pros
Carers are lovely
Cons
Rip off merchants
Fun workplace
Healthcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port9 September 2015
I really enjoyed working for Care Connect as I really enjoy engaging with new people and building a good working/friendship relationship with them. My typical day at work was helping the resident out of bed in the morning and assisting them in the shower if needed. I would also administer the resident medication if needed to be and record it in a book. I would help the resident dress, shop and do leisurely things with them.
Pros
Engaging with people.
Cons
Management.
Friendly hard working co-workers
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, ENG25 May 2014
Visiting various clients either for half and hour or an hour depending on their needs. My co-workers are all very friendly and the management are approachable. Hardest part of the job is that there is no petrol allowance for the drivers and the most enjoyable part is when clients say how much they enjoy your visit.
Pros
Good regular training courses
Cons
No petrol allowance
Can be fun but very stressfull and very sad
Domestic carer (Current Employee) –  Wirral, ENG25 April 2014
Calls at breakfast lunch, evening meal and supper providing personal care, meals administering medication, shopping and cleaning.

I have learned to show a lot more empathy with these people, I can also relate to their younger days which cheers them up.Politness, patience and above all their well being.

Management. (no comment)

Co- workers. I get on well with them all and we try to function as a unit sometimes delays can happen so we keep in touch by mobiles.

Hardest part. getting involved with people who you know are not long for this world and when it happens it can be upsetting.

Most enjoyable aspect is being appreciated for what WE do.
Pros
time off during the day
Cons
too much driving and no petrol money.
no day is the same you can do the same round but nature of job can change
home care (Current Employee) –  boston lincolnshire23 April 2013
enjoy meeting people we care for communication preparing them for the day ahead sometimes we are the only people they see so we set the standards of their day......having a good co worker helps on double ups the hardest part of job is driving from one house to another in the correct times getting all jobs done in short time because things happen that you have no control over
Pros
meeting nice people
Cons
as our job is per call we are out alot longer than we are paid for no breaks
good company
home carer (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere port3 January 2013
I enjoyed working for care connect . meeting lots of new people in their own homes. A typical day for me would be to start at 7am my first call was to help my client out of bed,assist with washing then dressing then down stairs to prepare breakfast and give medication. the hardist part of the job were the long hours, the best part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
good co-workers