CARDINAL SECURITY Employee Reviews

Unprofessional company
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London10 May 2018
Rubbish management team, treat you as a slave, no communication with anyone, rude and unprofessional managers, get bullied at work and management won’t do a thing about it. Do not go for a company like this as they are losing contacts and will mess up how you feel about doing Security again. They should have 1 star overall
If your single and have no family then the job is yours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  London11 March 2018
Worked for cardinal for over a year now,only seen a area manager twice it’s a joke they are never there for you,Also if your sick or have to take time off for emergencies they won’t be happy.I personally since hearing about other security firms that they not a good company there’s others out that are better,If your single no family and like to be told to do like a dog and all you are is a number then the job is perfect for you.
Pros
Cons
Wages rubbish
productive company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 March 2018
good company to work for. excellent management team. my tipical work day is looking after a retail store for 10 hours. being told by store manager you cant do your job.
Cons
beware of this joke company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire3 March 2018
I worked for this company.I went for my interview.was told I was full time over 48 hours per week and they do not tell you which place you are working at.l left my other job to work for these as well worst mistake in my entire life .they put you at places were nobody wants.in pharmacys .you need danger money working at these places.at the time it was about 6.50 per hour .and to take all the abuse off people in these places is unreal spoke to cardinal about it and they were not interested then you lose more hours from this company.and all they say is we are trying to get you full time hours.they send you a text every now and then saying can you work at such and such place and give you the times.then there is no work for the next 3 days.so they expect to to sit around and not look for another job.I then got another job.then cardinal had the nerve to say we need you to come to a discaplinary meeting as to why I didn't turn up for work.this company is a complete joke and needs shutting down.beware of this company.work for a reputible company
Pros
Cons
shocking
Fun place to work disgusting management
Loss Prevention Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 February 2018
im lucky they have put me on a site i actually like, however cardinal security are constantly messing up shifts or scheduling in at short notice, or not being aware of your shifts so they have to call the site to confirm when you are meant to work, I had them ring me at 7 am in the morning once, baring in mind i'd just been on 18.30 pm the night before until 6.30 that morning and had just started to get to sleep asking if i could do a shift at 9am that day.. wasnt impressed. so yeah the company isnt great but the salary is alright and the site i work at is alright. average i guess, if you can deal with there bollocks its okay place to work.
contract manager (Former Employee) –  Great Chesterford13 February 2018
No time off phone ringing 24/7 driving around 40000 miles a year. Large client base not leaving you time to complete your work to a high standard.
Little support out of hours
Pros
Cons
Working 24/7
interesting place to work
Retail Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cardiff18 September 2017
the job role was great and the money was decent but the management was all over the place and couldn't support there staff even head office was a shambles and the controller was trying there best to sort problems out for the office and staff the are manger was really good and was on hand to assist when needed good pace to work
Pros
decent pay and good area manager
Cons
office was a shambles
I have my own security issues
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands30 August 2017
I want the static job where I don't face horrible experiences of threats.I am concerned about my security.The company is absolutely fine. I want to change my place for better opportunities
Pros
friendly
Cons
pay rate is low
Good company to work for.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bristol5 August 2017
Been with the company for 4yrs.
Seen a lot of changes over the year's.
However the management team l have worked with have all been fair too me some stronger than others.
Everyone talks about pay this is contract security so pays never going to be it's best in less the clients pay more.
Pay always on time . control always helpful.
progression seen officer's who prove themselves been promoted I've been one of them .
Sure l could come up with a negative review but the positive out way the negatives
Pros
Pay on time . Good support
Cons
Clint's can been demanding
Steady work
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Congleton25 July 2017
Lots of antisocial hours but rewarding if you make the most of it. More training in handling arrests and violence would cut turnover as a lot of people sink without trace in months
Not great
SECURITY OFFICER, (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh City, City of Edinburgh17 July 2017
At 1st cardinal was good and i was enjoying it but as soon as the area manager changed in 2016 I was losing shifts when I was contracted to a minimum on 40hours a week and i wasnt getting that what so ever definitely avoid
Pros
hee haw
Cons
everything
Been in Security for 8 years worst company i have ever worked for
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 June 2017
I have worked for several companies over the years but this was the most unorganised mess of a company I have ever been with. They treat there staff unfairly and there management team are beyond a joke. The company was founded by someone who had never worked in the industry and only saw the profit in it, has no idea about the security industry and how it works. Staff are treated as numbers not employees. Would not go near this company ever again.
Alright but check your wages
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Midlands1 June 2017
Enjoyed my time with Cardinal, until I left ( made redundant due to client losing contract ) and got handed a £582.00 tax bill because they had not been paying the correct amount of tax and N.I, and yet when I contacted the tax office got told it was my fault not Cardinal's as I had received the money.Words could not describe my anger....
Pros
There are worse companies out there
Cons
Check your wages
Security
SECURITY (Former Employee) –  LONDON19 May 2017
A well managed company with pleasant people, very welcoming with a good communication skills. A good training was given and even paid for and they will always find you a shift.
Pros
Free training
What a joke
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 May 2017
Been with this joke of a company for a few months. My hours were rubbish and below standard as they have given me the contract minimum 35 hrs but I was told that I would get 45 hrs per week from an email sent to me and this isn't the case. The rate of pay was ok till I moved location as I couldnt afford to travel the previous site. They dropped my rate down and this was really annoying as this wasn't communicated to me. The management don't give you any support what so ever. The team leader on my previous site was trying to stitch me up for no reason. The store management are poorly disorganised and two faced. As security officers we can't impose any changes as the SLA is poor as there are changes needing to be made.
Pros
Perk box and a made a good friend.
Cons
Poor rates of pay, unsupportive, unreasonable working conditions. No work life balance. False promises to lure you into a job.
Great company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Felixstowe, Suffolk7 May 2017
Really enjoyed working for cardinal,great manager, good location,never moved me around and let me get on with it,my only negative would be the rate of pay,if its money your after then stacking shelves would pay more but if your after job security then look no further
Pros
Sia badge renewed, uniform, job security
Cons
Poor rate of pay
Good Place To Work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  london12 March 2017
Cardinal is a fun and good place to work and has a lot of friendly colleagues. Cardinal always provided training facilities which i learnt a lot from.When i started working with Cardinal the management was all done over the phone now it has got better and can by by electronics e.g computer, smartphone or tablet.
Very bad place to work at
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond house of frasee9 January 2017
For my experience at this site, I wouldn't recommend anyone to go and work there, they are both unprofessional, the security company and the house of fraser management staff too. They treat thier stuff like dogs, even animals don't get treated like that, no common sense at all at this site.

Sanassi kaba
Pros
Nothing at all, even to book your holidays, they will tell you to allow 4 working weeks for it to be approved, lol
Cons
They expect you to work for them like an animal like you got no life, when you call sick, they will try to discipline you for doing so and even try to get you sack.
productive but strict working environment
Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  crown court cambridge19 December 2016
cardinal security is a lovely place to work but a lot of pressure from the team leader because majorly we work in a court environment and much is expected from each staff.
Pros
free ppe
Cons
short hours
security officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 December 2016
This company does not care anything for its staff. Money is not good, Management do not care like most security firms that i have worked for in the past. the only good thing was that I learnt some new thing which i enjoy, work lots and get nothing back for it not even any recognition for everything you do.. not a nice company to work for but i would say this about all security company. you are also a third party which mean you have no say.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARDINAL SECURITY. Our community is ready to answer.

CARDINAL SECURITY Reviews by Location