CARDINAL SECURITY Employee Reviews

interesting place to work
Retail Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Cardiff18 September 2017
the job role was great and the money was decent but the management was all over the place and couldn't support there staff even head office was a shambles and the controller was trying there best to sort problems out for the office and staff the are manger was really good and was on hand to assist when needed good pace to work
Pros
decent pay and good area manager
Cons
office was a shambles
Good company to work for.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bristol5 August 2017
Been with the company for 4yrs.
Seen a lot of changes over the year's.
However the management team l have worked with have all been fair too me some stronger than others.
Everyone talks about pay this is contract security so pays never going to be it's best in less the clients pay more.
Pay always on time . control always helpful.
progression seen officer's who prove themselves been promoted I've been one of them .
Sure l could come up with a negative review but the positive out way the negatives
Pros
Pay on time . Good support
Cons
Clint's can been demanding
Steady work
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Congleton25 July 2017
Lots of antisocial hours but rewarding if you make the most of it. More training in handling arrests and violence would cut turnover as a lot of people sink without trace in months
Not great
SECURITY OFFICER, (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh City, City of Edinburgh17 July 2017
At 1st cardinal was good and i was enjoying it but as soon as the area manager changed in 2016 I was losing shifts when I was contracted to a minimum on 40hours a week and i wasnt getting that what so ever definitely avoid
Pros
hee haw
Cons
everything
Been in Security for 8 years worst company i have ever worked for
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 June 2017
I have worked for several companies over the years but this was the most unorganised mess of a company I have ever been with. They treat there staff unfairly and there management team are beyond a joke. The company was founded by someone who had never worked in the industry and only saw the profit in it, has no idea about the security industry and how it works. Staff are treated as numbers not employees. Would not go near this company ever again.
Alright but check your wages
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Midlands1 June 2017
Enjoyed my time with Cardinal, until I left ( made redundant due to client losing contract ) and got handed a £582.00 tax bill because they had not been paying the correct amount of tax and N.I, and yet when I contacted the tax office got told it was my fault not Cardinal's as I had received the money.Words could not describe my anger....
Pros
There are worse companies out there
Cons
Check your wages
Security
SECURITY (Former Employee) –  LONDON19 May 2017
A well managed company with pleasant people, very welcoming with a good communication skills. A good training was given and even paid for and they will always find you a shift.
Pros
Free training
What a joke
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 May 2017
Been with this joke of a company for a few months. My hours were rubbish and below standard as they have given me the contract minimum 35 hrs but I was told that I would get 45 hrs per week from an email sent to me and this isn't the case. The rate of pay was ok till I moved location as I couldnt afford to travel the previous site. They dropped my rate down and this was really annoying as this wasn't communicated to me. The management don't give you any support what so ever. The team leader on my previous site was trying to stitch me up for no reason. The store management are poorly disorganised and two faced. As security officers we can't impose any changes as the SLA is poor as there are changes needing to be made.
Pros
Perk box and a made a good friend.
Cons
Poor rates of pay, unsupportive, unreasonable working conditions. No work life balance. False promises to lure you into a job.
Great company to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Felixstowe, Suffolk7 May 2017
Really enjoyed working for cardinal,great manager, good location,never moved me around and let me get on with it,my only negative would be the rate of pay,if its money your after then stacking shelves would pay more but if your after job security then look no further
Pros
Sia badge renewed, uniform, job security
Cons
Poor rate of pay
Good Place To Work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  london12 March 2017
Cardinal is a fun and good place to work and has a lot of friendly colleagues. Cardinal always provided training facilities which i learnt a lot from.When i started working with Cardinal the management was all done over the phone now it has got better and can by by electronics e.g computer, smartphone or tablet.
Very bad place to work at
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond house of frasee9 January 2017
For my experience at this site, I wouldn't recommend anyone to go and work there, they are both unprofessional, the security company and the house of fraser management staff too. They treat thier stuff like dogs, even animals don't get treated like that, no common sense at all at this site.

Sanassi kaba
Pros
Nothing at all, even to book your holidays, they will tell you to allow 4 working weeks for it to be approved, lol
Cons
They expect you to work for them like an animal like you got no life, when you call sick, they will try to discipline you for doing so and even try to get you sack.
productive but strict working environment
Door Supervisor (Former Employee) –  crown court cambridge19 December 2016
cardinal security is a lovely place to work but a lot of pressure from the team leader because majorly we work in a court environment and much is expected from each staff.
Pros
free ppe
Cons
short hours
security officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 December 2016
This company does not care anything for its staff. Money is not good, Management do not care like most security firms that i have worked for in the past. the only good thing was that I learnt some new thing which i enjoy, work lots and get nothing back for it not even any recognition for everything you do.. not a nice company to work for but i would say this about all security company. you are also a third party which mean you have no say.
Awful Company. Ignorant Manager
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Merseyside10 December 2016
Dont touch them with a bargepole. Arrogant, Ignorant Manager. Nothing good to say about this Company. They put you from pillar to post without regard. Youd be mad to work for them. Seriously.
Pros
Ha ha. Nil
Cons
The Company in General
Don't believe all the rubbish reviews!!!
Officer, manager (Former Employee) –  South West1 December 2016
Some of the jokers on here make me giggle, yes everybody has the odd bad experience but on the whole Cardinal are a decent honest company.

I'm just leaving after 11 years, tuped into it from G4S and have had the chance of promotion within the company. The managers are decent, the head office staff are decent. Yes some nagging clients but every company has that, you're in the security industry, so maybe man up a little.

I will happily go back and work for them again one day.
Pros
Decent, honest and loyal
Cons
None, its work and you get paid lol
Different places
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh22 November 2016
My main objective is to protect the safety and wellbeing of both customers and employees in a retail establishment. To prevent financial damage caused by shoplifting, robbery, or similar dangers. To remove potentially harmful persons from the retail store or area using video surveillance equipment. And being able to clearly communicate with other security personnel.
Comfortable work experience
Security Guard Supervisor/ store detective (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2016
A good company we a lot of resources and contracts. They look after me for nine years. I left due to bereavement and certain members of management leaving
Pros
Holiday pay and tax returns
Cons
A lot of inexperienced guards
Brilliant
Security Guard Area Manager (Former Employee) –  West Yorkshire13 November 2016
Excellent well established company with plenty of room for progressions. Loads of opportunities to move up the ladder with brilliant help from higher members of staff
no recognition or loyalty and poor wages and minimum support
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London23 October 2016
No where is perfect but I have worked for a long time at store where cardinal group gained contract two years ago and the pay has stayed near national minimum wage, even when we achieve their ever demanding request going extra mile but going beyond our duties without any appreciation from our area managers and no recognition only feedback is what else can you do,this is why the staff retention is awful. Company offers minimum support blaming company resources which their is some truth in it, but as for some control room staff but not all they are very streatch on numbers and take their frustration out of other sites employee's when calling their control room for request some talk to us with complete lack of respect and leave you with no team.work ethics.
Each sites and retail shops offer different values but for structure of wages and support its no on all from me and can only see it becoming worse and having mulitble area managers in two years really tells you their loyalty is non existent. Hence why I handed my notice in and now finished my notice without any thanks from cardinal. Nice to feel appreciate for reaching targets on poor wage band. P.s their are more leaving by numbers but depending what position your applying for but would think carefully with retail premium sites as your just a number with no Stability or backing .
Sorry it negative report but I say it as it is and did leave store far better place then when first starting and this review is based on truth not bitterness.
Pros
Badge paid for plus perk box
Cons
Wages poor . No structure, no loyalty, no recognition
Just another Mickey Mouse security outfit that grew large
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk29 September 2016
I've worked for lots of security companies over the years, starting with Shorrock back in 1994. They're all much of a muchness. My assignment with Cardinal was as a guard on the gate at one of those companies which only has security for insurance purposes, so you feel pretty useless. Cardinal, like every other company I've worked for, will never back you up if the client makes an unreasonable complaint. At my last assignment I was told I couldn't leave the gatehouse more than twice (in a 12 hour shift) for any reason. I stuck to that, even though I knew it was an illegal instruction due to H&S rules, but was still accused by the factory management of leaving the gatehouse unattended four times in one day - which was completely untrue. A few days later I got a call from the canteen telling me that the factory manager's secretary wanted me to go there. So I did, and was handed four bottles of mineral water by the staff and told to take them to the manager's secretary. They were using me as a skivy. I wasn't going to be humiliated, so I said No, I shouldn't even be away from the gatehouse - something they'd complained to Cardinal about! I went back to the gatehouse and soon got a phone call from Cardinal telling me to do as the client instructed. I quit the next day. I would advise anybody going in to contact security to join a trade union. It doesn't matter whether Cardinal recognise it or not, they'll fight your corner, and it's illegal for any company to sack you or victimise your because you're a member. I wish I'd done it when I worked for Cardinal.
Pros
Regular work
Cons
Cowardly management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CARDINAL SECURITY. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8