Cardiff Council Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Traffic Marshall (Former Employee) –  Cardiff12 July 2018
The team who organised my days of work were enthusiastic but inefficient at the job at hand. However they are encouraging and very appreciative.......
Pros
not much pressure
Really Good Opportunities
Refuse Collector (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff10 July 2018
I enjoyed working here as the team work and relations were good. Here you had opportunities to work up the ladder in job roles which was my plan until my time here was cut short due to government funding.
Bullying environment
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  County hall4 June 2018
Bullying management environment had a very poor experience as a newly qualified here. My experience led to me nearly leaving my career very early on..
Pros
Team were friendly
Cons
Bullying environment
busy child care team
Team Manager, Child Care Team (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff31 May 2018
supervising social workers and allocating work, generally working longer than the expected hours in the day
OK management support
hardest part of the job was not being able to do all the expected work in normal working hours and encouraging social workers to leave the office at a respectable time at the end of the day
Fantastic job with great people to work with.
Meals on Wheels (Current Employee) –  Fairwater ED24 May 2018
A typical day involves checking delivery route for efficient use of time and ensure any special meals are correct. Plate up meals when required and check that they are eating meals from the day before.

I have learned about how to deal with different customers personalities and that I am very lucky.

Management very friendly and approachable.

Excellent workplace culture with a great team were nothing is too much trouble and information is passed between the team freely.

The hardest part of the job is new routes and ensuring customers get their meals at a reasonable time. Also try and limit time spent with customers so that deliveries are kept to schedule even though you may be the only person they see all day and they want to talk.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work planning route and putting a smile on the customers face.
Pros
Interesting
Amazing job
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Tremorfa21 May 2018
Best job ever they have great staff and great management. I have really enjoyed working with the service users too and watching them achive goals through our support.
Pros
Great staff
Work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff20 May 2018
working for the council was rewarding and I did enjoy my time within the job, however I did sometimes have problems with pay and pension but these were normally corrected within a short time frame.
Good people to work with
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff9 May 2018
Good people to work with, My main duties was working as part of a team doing door to door leaflets an making outbound calls to companies to advertise their business.
Pros
Good Shifts
Cons
Hitting targets
Excellent working teams
Special Needs Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff5 May 2018
Very physical job. Duties and responsibilities increased each year. Pay rise not consistent with inflation.

Excellent team support, very rewarding job role, learnt something new each day. Plenty of opportunity for personal development.

Most days worked through break. Short lunch time of 30 minutes meant toilet visit, catch up with friends AND heating up food and eating it frequently impossible, however short days and term time only meant 12 weeks off throughout the year.
Pros
Term time only as worked in a school
Cons
Very low pay for the job carried out, Payrise not consistent with inflation, Unsuitable job title as the job was more health and care based than education.
Average Employer
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff20 April 2018
Worked here on a temporary contract.
Expected to know everything and left alone to plod on with cases.

Staff were amazing and to some degree so were management but seemed to have little awareness or insight in to newly qualified social workers and how to help them.

As CCC is such a large employer my experience may be different in another team and is only my own experience.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Poor Training.
Bureaucratic
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  County hall12 April 2018
Too many meetings with senior managers, qualifications more important than experience.
Training offered. Hot desking now in place
Good work life balance.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Car parking
Challenging ,fun working enviroment
LSA (Current Employee) –  School2 April 2018
Working as an LSA I can say that each day is different I work with a friendly team of people. You face new challenges each day and it is a rewarding job when working with children. My head teacher is a friendly ,caring person and is grateful to all staff members.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Poor pay
Typical day
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cardiff29 March 2018
My typical day consists of logging onto my PC and setting up all the systems that I need for the day.
I then open the building and start to serve customers and help them with any queries they may have.
Management are there now and again but it is a nice place to work. The hardest part of my job is when I go for interviews and I don't do very well and turned down.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my colleagues and also helping customers who really appreciate the hard work we all do for them on a daily basis
Enjoyable place too work
Housing Tenancy & Benefits Officer (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff23 March 2018
Cardiff Council is a very lovely place to work with lost of opportunities to move up the ladder too senior positions. Management are very approachable who do there best to help you succeed
Pros
Good working hours
Quality Employer
Leisure Assistant (Former Employee) –  Various22 March 2018
Spent a great 25 years working for the council! Really good company to work for, lots of perks. The management were great and really helpful. Recommend to anyone.
Pros
Sick pay
It Was Okay
Connect to Cardiff Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cardiff Bay, Cardiff13 March 2018
The call centre was either busy or not, there was no in between. I learned how to log calls, how to send applications, I learned how to speak to people with manners. I also learned how to handle heated situations. the hardest part of the job I found was taking phone calls and sounding professional, because I was scared, I was always saying 'ummm'. the most enjoyable part of working for Connect To Cardiff was the training and learning how to take calls, also meeting the staff there and having a laugh with everyone was my favourite too.
Pros
you had real nice customers who liked having a chat while you found some information for them.
Cons
when there wasnt any calls, just sitting there doing nothing eventually got boring.
Great place to work!
Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff26 February 2018
No day is the same! learn something new every day!
fun, fast and full of energised people! great people to work alongside! Great place to work! Your team ultimately become part of your family!
Pros
flexible working
Cons
no cateen ; (
Hard working, fun environment
CCTV Operator (Current Employee) –  Cardiff9 February 2018
A day that is never the same. You always need to have your wits about you.

I have a good team around me in the CCTV room who do a professional job best to their ability.
Pros
Rest Days
Cons
working weekends
If on a permanent contract, it's perfect
Investigation and Data Loss Officer (Current Employee) –  COUNTY HALL18 January 2018
Fixed term contracts are what you'll usually find, which is okay if you're happy to drift between departments and change things up often. You'll gain lots of experience and meet lots of people and get lots of training. The downside is that permanent contracts are exceptionally difficult to come by.
Pros
salary, training, diversity, opportunities
Cons
short term contracts, instability with funding
emmergency
DAY SERVICE SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff13 January 2018
service need to be seriously investigate. the management is no good people get dismiss for one mistake and people get away for bad stuff they constantly . that management know and do nothing about it. they disorganised , they have go no clues of what they are doing