Card Factory Employee Reviews

Gaining knowledge and confidence
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kirkstall7 September 2017
Card Factory is a great working environment to learn and advance skills. A normal day would be serving on the till while helping customers. On days where there would be a delivery i would unpack the van and order it upstairs in the stock room.

There wasn't a hard part of the job apart from when i started dealing with confidence while on the till as it can be quite nerve racking when you first start but after a two shifts i settled in.

The most enjoyable part of the job was chatting to customers as it was on my local high street. The people that i worked with were also amazing in teaching me new things, like explaining banking to me.
Pros
Relaxed working environment
Cons
Large deliveries
Relaxed and friendly workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitstable, Kent6 September 2017
Management are very friendly and helpful with insuring your up to date with moves and merchandising. You are responsible for counting your float each morning and keeping the store tidy and shelves full. The hardest part of the job is maybe the Christmas period but what retail job is not hard at this time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff morale as you work within a small work community.
Pros
Flexiable with hours
Cons
Not much opportunity for overtime
Productive and fun workplace
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Ammanford, Carmarthenshire5 September 2017
This job was very mixed i worked here over two Christmas and there was never 2 days the same it was busy then quiet i must say it was fun you really do have fun
Pros
management was good and fair
Cons
was only temp
Fun secure workplace but doesn't give a lot back
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham5 September 2017
Very fast paced job, very friendly atmosphere, pay could be a lot better especially when promotions are concerned. Not a lot of bonuses to working for them.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lack of bonuses, Low contracts
excellent work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wallasey, Merseyside4 September 2017
A typical day at card factory was usually busy and fast paced, always something to do and work to be done.
was always a friendly atmosphere. i learned to prioritise jobs in most valuble form so most tme consuming would be done when most staff was on hand to help.
the hardest part of he job was making sure the shop floor was always full with stock so if we are awaiting a delivery it was hard to maintain fullness level.
the most enjoyable part was being friends with everyone which made every shift easy and enjoyable to work.
Pros
friendly staff, good breaks
Productive and friendly work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swindon4 September 2017
I have learned how to interact with customers and provide an excellent level of customer service.

Workplace culture is diverse and you feel comfortable working there as part of a team.
Pros
Good management
diabolical workplace
Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire3 September 2017
wouldnt work for them again manager is discriminative. sacks people before hes met ya. attitude is wrong no pay after 5.45pm defiantly wouldn't recommend anyone to work this company if they don't want the mick took out them
Enjoy, though not enough work
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham2 September 2017
Decent breaks and a enjoyable place to work and gain experience. Flexible management and flexible with shift choose, though at the cost of a lack of shifts.
Good for a part time position.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swan, UK1 September 2017
Good if you're just looking for a part time job. A lot is expected if you're a manager with unrealistic time frames to complete tasks. No official training more like sink or swim! Pay is not great either
Amazing people to work with
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire31 August 2017
Uneventful till like 10am, but from then till like 2pm it is mayhem. Then it's nice again.

I learned how to deal with difficult and sometimes aggressive customers, which is what i needed to help boost my confidence.

The people i worked with were amazing people and i loved every minute there regardless of how bad it got.
Pros
Amazing People to Work With
Cons
Difficult Customers
Horrible work place.
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon29 August 2017
Under paid so many times, I was under minimum wage, they don't record your hours properly and sometimes they will give you only a day of work a month even though they've put you on a 16 hour contract or 4 hour contract. The air conditioning has been broke for years and the heat you have to work in sometimes made staff physically sick. The manager doesn't take anything you say in to consideration and there's so much gossiping behind staff's back between the managers.
Pros
discount
Cons
everything else
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tiverton27 August 2017
lovely atmosphere amazing team to work with . meating new people and staying friends for life just a shame I left this job for another job where the managers don't help employees
Bad Company to work for and under paid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire24 August 2017
I was only there 3 months and felt under valued under paid and was treat like rubbish.

I was given 1 polo top that was a hand me down and was told i wouldnt get another one .

Never work for this company
Pros
There isnt any
Cons
Treat like rubbish under paid and no job satisfaction
Card factory was good place to work but hours were long and not always regular
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Talbot Town23 August 2017
A typical day was to open store at nine make sure card stands were neat and tidy serve customers as they came into shop and help them with any thing else they were looking for,I learned to enjoy
customer baste work and liked meeting the people being of help.
The hardest part of the job was the deliveries which were heavy to unload each day the best part was helping the customers find what they were looking for.
Pros
Meeting and helping customers
Cons
Unloading deliveries each day
Good friendly place, but very busy and pressurisec
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buxton, Derbyshire23 August 2017
The Card Factory was valuable experience for me. It developed my customer skills, along with all the other skills required to work in a shop, i.e. Operating tills, organising stock, and general store presentation.
The management and other staff were very friendly, and I enjoyed working with them as part of a first class team.
Pros
Reasonably flexible for shifts and times.
Cons
Very busy, and under pressure for long periods.
great staff fun place to work
temp sales assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands23 August 2017
I learned to use the till general cleaning skills stock take great customer service worked with great staff the card factory was a fast growing enviroment
card factory
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire22 August 2017
A typical day working at the card factory is serving the customers and helping them decide what product is the best for them to purchase. While working there i have learned how to fill different types of helium balloons and I also learned how to operate a till.
Pros
discount
Cons
low pay
Fast Paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Seaham22 August 2017
fast paced work place can be quite fun at times, good place to work gives you room to grow and advance in the company. very competitive, working as a team
Sales Assisstant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yate21 August 2017
Within this role I would communicate with customers on a regular basis, I would replenish stock, complete wall displays, unload stock, take part in stock take, clean the shop floor etc… I would also work as part of a team an independently depending on the task.
Pros
Working as part of a tean
Cons
Long Hours
nice people
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London21 August 2017
I worked here with my good friend the people were friendly the hours were decent in addition to this the job itself and what it intailed was fun and fullfiling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8