Card Factory Employee Reviews

Customer Assistant
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire4 March 2018
Terrible to work for sadly. Long hours for minimal pay along with short breaks. Managers there are tough and unsympathetic. I would also note that there is almost no career progression opportunities at all.
Christmas Sales Assistant
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tonbridge2 March 2018
The environment was a difficult one due to the need of ability to handle stressful situations due to the limited staff numbers at a busy time of the year.
Cashier/Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Talbot Town2 March 2018
A productive work place Great work hours manager always around to help the hardest part is getting something wrong most enjoyable is listening to music in work
Pros
Free lunches
Fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorchester27 February 2018
Arrive 10 minutes minimum before shift starts to count your own till. Worked with a friendly team.
Repetitive work but enjoyed interacting with the customers, including asking customers with dogs to leave the shop.
Was partly trained on EPOS system, but management decided not to fully train as I was leaving the area.
Was trusted to bank takings during the day
Productive Workplace
Sales assistant / Supervisor | Spytty Road (Current Employee) –  Newport25 February 2018
Lots To keep you busy and to provide good customer service with a tight group of people. A lot to learn and take on for any future job in the retail sector.
Pros
Discounts and a tight group of people.
Cons
Low Pay
Average retail shop
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walall24 February 2018
Nothing too special. working weekends, bad pay. good management, random guy comes in off the high street and robs things. friendly staff. bugger to work there at Christmas.
Pros
discount
Cons
rude customers.
Fun and engaging place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell24 February 2018
Fun and engaging place to work but management could be a bit better overall very happy with the place and easy to get on with people good location could be a bit tidier as well
Cons
Bad management
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Temporary position) (Former Employee) –  Merry Hill, West Midlands17 February 2018
friendly staff
brilliant management. very friendly and approachable, always happy to offer support
good pay
good hours
good team spirit
excellent experience
learnt customer service skills
It was great fun and all the girls were really nice
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey16 February 2018
I would consider going back to work there if i had the chance to as i really did like it and it was a great atmosphere to work in to and all the girls i worked with were good fun to they made me laugh and we were always there to help eachother
Pros
If we bought a product it would half price
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon13 February 2018
this is a fun job as you get to mess about with doing displays and filling up balloons and also a sociable job as you get to speak to customers and also have the evenings off.
Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow9 February 2018
Argyle Street Team are amazing to work with, make you feel so welcome and they all work as a team and things actually get done. holiday and wage are great!!
Pros
overall great team!!
decent
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex7 February 2018
Wasn't really a productive/ positive placement of work, there was times where I had to what to do because I was bored, and most of the time I'd be told that there is nothing to do. People within the job were un-relatable as they were a lot older than me which then made it hard for communication to happen.
Cons
Didnt have a positive vibe
I loved working here
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Durham6 February 2018
I worked at the Card Factory in Stanley over the time period of 4 month. the daily work included working on the tills, handling money and restocking the store when needs be. I learned how to manage money and i also became aware of the customer services. The hardest part of this job was when the shop was busy and i needed to work on the till and restock. Splitting my time between tasks was a difficult thing. I really enjoyed working amongst new people because i am a people person and i can speak to people with ease.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire6 February 2018
On the go a lot but it is a very fun place to work with a great team of people behind you and a great management team who are very kind and fun people to work with.
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester6 February 2018
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future.

As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 800 stores, Card Factory is really thriving.

That’s why we can offer job security and great career progression at our Head Office, in our stores or out in the field. Growing all the time we’re in a position to provide local people with local jobs and deliver quality products at affordable prices in the heart of the UK’s towns and cities.

As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination with competitive packages. What’s more, Card Factory is ambitious, passionate and forward thinking with a management style that is open and honest, encouraging people to contribute to the business at every level.
Pros
good people
Cons
Very productive work place, minimal rewards
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crawley5 February 2018
Always on your toes, there is always something to do which is good for business.
Management, is hit and miss, some of the management are fantastic and helpful, but most that I found are far too stubborn and metaphorically blind.
Pay is not great considering the tasks and role at hand, anything above a normal sales assistant is just not worth it unless you become area management or higher.
Over all I wouldn't recommend working for the company unless its a temporary experience as you'll get dragged in and under.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Salary, rewards and self achievement are non existent.
Great job and support
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear4 February 2018
Fast paced job with experienced people to help you along the way, never a dull moment and a manager with a gr at sense of humour. Will definitely be trying to go back for the 2018 Christmas period
Pros
Day goes fast during holiday seasons
Cons
Part time staff only get a T-shirt so it can get cold on the till for Christmas
experience at the store
Chelmsford as an sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford3 February 2018
Working at card factory was a very good experience as I got to make new friends I got to realise what I could do better and what it is really like to work when it is busy but honestly the one thing I've learnt is that even when you're really down in the dumps keep all your emotions at home make sure when you're at work everything you do is professional.
Fun environment to work in, welcoming staff, very polite
Till Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire1 February 2018
I’d say that cardfactory is definitely a nice place to work at and nice people to work with.
They are very good at their jobs and they also make sure that you are having a good time on your first day
Great working team environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Austell31 January 2018
The hours and shift patterns are very flexible management are very concise and precise.I enjoyed working with customers and found the tills easy to use.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
seasonal contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.