Card Factory Employee Reviews

Found 1,109 reviews matching the search See all 1,128 reviews
fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton28 August 2018
i was only employed as a Christmas temp but i was kept on until after mothers day, i had lots of fun working for the company and was given lots of hours.
Awful
Temporary Sales Assistant - Zero Hour (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire27 August 2018
I worked here as a zero member of staff, I was called in on busy days so that the full time members of staff could have days off. Was often told I would be kept on despite them having already made their mind up in regards to the person they were keeping on. I didn't here anything for 2 months about coming into work until they phoned me asked for my shirt back out of the blue.
Its a fast pace job with really friendly staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Shipley, West Yorkshire27 August 2018
I really enjoyed my time at card factory as it really helped me increase my skills and confidence in myself, my area manager had an awful lot of faith in me in which I used to create a beautiful shop with an even more beautiful team. I appreciate every thing the company did for me I came away with skills I never thought I would have.
Pros
Perminant posistion, great people, professional standards
Cons
Long hours, work through lunch, little social life
Could be worse
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent25 August 2018
I worked in the Chatham branch on a temporary basis.

Staff were very back stabby and two faced and liked to talk behind your back even with simple things like asking for change from the till. It was very hot and cramped.

But they gave me loads of overtime when I requested it. Good hours. Discounts too. Very hard work but it was good.
Pros
Discounts. It's a job.
Cons
Trekking up and down the stairs to get cards
Christmas time
Seasonal staff (Former Employee) –  Sidcup23 August 2018
Working over the Christmas period was a lot of fun. It was a fun environment to be in and made working enjoyable, the staff were always friendly helpful.
productive and friendly enviorment
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire22 August 2018
working at card factory was such a good experience, all the staff were so friendly and sweet. I learned how to work on a till and how to cash handle. I loved how much I could be myself around the staff, it made me so much more confident. The shop floor did get very busy at times but everyone was patient with me and the other new employees, as were the customers.
enjoyable work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire19 August 2018
started as a xmas temp and worked my wat uo to assistant manager so good job progression. always someone on the other end of te phone is need any help.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey, County Antrim18 August 2018
Fun and good workplace, can be hard work at times with unhappy customers and Christmas is crazy busy as it is a card shop but they sell more than just car
Fun but slow
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batley17 August 2018
Was ok to work for but either too many hours or not enough. One month you could be absolutely broke. At Christmas time it’s mega busy don’t expect to be able to do your job easily
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Management don’t care
Nice staff
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galashiels10 August 2018
Working on old tills made it difficult to accurately price things,the stock cupboard was a hazard in itself. The staff were lovely to work with and were the only part of the job that was actually enjoyable.
Pros
Good break times
Cons
no car parking
Fun but Productive.
Sales Assistant / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire8 August 2018
pros-

possible growth prospects
great team
never a dull day

cons-

unfair breaks
bad management
stressful
lots of responsibility as a young supervisor
Pros
Great team.
Cons
Bad Management.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skelmersdale7 August 2018
A typical day would include the replenishing of stock, running of tills and keeping the store presentable. I learned to use the tills and how to do stock take when required, also how to talk to customers in a calm and friendly fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and ensuring they had a pleasant visit to the store. The management was well structured, organised and gave help/advice when needed. The hardest part of the job was the stock take as every card had to counted individually. The workplace culture was good, everyone got along and helped each other out when required.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Not enough hours
busy and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill, West Midlands6 August 2018
I really enjoyed working within a team based job, leaning new skills and having fun while I work was the best part it made me enjoy it more. The hardest part of the job was working over and being busy over Christmas as it was my first Christmas with my 1st child.
Pros
friendly staff
Job
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hailsham6 August 2018
You get payed minimum wage for your age. You get your work schedule a month in advance and can tell your boss the days you do and don’t want to work. Overall I would say pretty decent job.
good, basic
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 August 2018
my first role, this was very interesting as I gained what it would be like to be in the working wolrd, card factory were very attentive t my needs and weee
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enniskillen1 August 2018
yes, this was a good place to work. great working conditions and environment. manager and assistant manager are very approachable if there is ever a problem or issue. overall good place to work.
An Okay Job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teignmouth31 July 2018
I was a customer assistant, the job was pretty simple but painfully boring, hours dragged and I overall did not enjoy it, I just don't think it was a job suited to me.
Pros
free drinks offered occasionally from Costa, free of charge
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire31 July 2018
I only worked at Card Factory whilst I was at college, as a source of income. I would now like to get started in a full time career, preferably in an office, either accounts or sales, somewhere that gives me the required training.
Poor workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, North Ayrshire30 July 2018
Card Factory have no Job Work/Life Balance at all especially on seasonal events as you could start work at 8am and don't finish until 7pm with inadequate breaks.
Pros
poor pay and busy around christmas / new year periods.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff29 July 2018
poor pay - minimum wage
very busy around christmas / new year periods
messy and untidy environment
many left after a month or two of working
understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.