Card Factory Employee Reviews

productive
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire28 March 2018
not a bad company but was only temporary work. mostly moving stock onto the shop floor filling up all empty cards holders or anything else that needed stocked up on.
my review just gives my opinion on a few things from working in the card factory.
customer service, cash handling and till operation (Former Employee) –  GLASGOW FORT27 March 2018
my daily duties involved stock taking, stocking shelves , operating tills , delivering excellent customer service and general house keeping.
i learned how to handle money and how to help a customer in need.
my manager was very supportive, i got on great with her she also taught me new skills.
everybody in the workplace was very friendly and down to earth.
The hardest part of the job would have been working the tills but once i learned it was ok.
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people get what they needed.
Pros
how lovely most customers were
Cons
long hours and paid monthly.
Good staff poor pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside26 March 2018
I think the pay should go up the staff work very well on min wage but customers seem to ask for alot you would mind if you was on more hours moving things from Valentine's to mothers day the staff work hard give 100% but very poor pay . And also staff rooms not really nice sitting in .
Pros
Discount on goods
Cons
Long hours stock takes and pay rubbish
Not exactly hard work.
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire26 March 2018
I really enjoyed working at Card Factory. You may be on minimum wage as a sales assistant but it isnt exactly hard work. You do deal with the public by being on the till and helping them find where certain products are in the store. I worked in the Ross on Wye branch and it's a small store so it wasnt hard helping people find the products they need. other duties included filling helium balloons which is easy. Product filling which isn't hard as all products are light. also sweeping and taking their profits to the bank whichisnt hard at all. Ideal for students like me as salary did not bother me and the work was really easy.
Pros
easy work
Cons
salary
pants
Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside23 March 2018
pushed to the limit no rewards, long hours no pay, no support
expect everything give nothing, if you want no home life this is the job for you low pay just above staff
Pros
non
Cons
lots
okish
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southampton21 March 2018
the jobs itself was very chanllendging at times but was worth it. was such hard work and was always on your toes ready to take a busy day on. met some amazing people here
productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon20 March 2018
most days were good, good atmosphere, good communication and most of all good team work. My staff mates were kind and very helpful when I needed assistance in what I was doing that day. A typical day at work was busy, busy, busy, you were not able to take a breather. You wouldn't usually have enough time to use the toilet.
Pros
good company
Cons
not enough hours
Didnt wanna leave
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds18 March 2018
I joined Card factory as a Christmas temp and I'm so glad I did because I loved it and didn't wanna leave.
I was at the Bury st Edmunds store and consider myself very lucky to be in such a well run store with a great manager and team.
I havent got any negative points it was a wonderful experience. I've made some great new friends.
If it wasn't for the fact a job vacancy wasn't avavible I would definitely have stayed.
Real tight well managered environment.
Pros
Enjoyable work place
Cons
Temp not enough hours
Easy going and fun place to work.
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset17 March 2018
I felt like The Card Factory was a step in a good direction for me since moving to Weston and it helped me become more independent, Really enjoyed my time with the business and the staff around me helping me improve on my skills from my job 2 years prior.
The management was back and forth but when the days went well they we easy to get along with.
Hardest part of the day was the morning and late afternoon when the store wasn't as busy as you had tasks to make the shop ready for the day which wasn't but the back and forth from till to displays when you did get customers was tricky as you always had to keep an eye out on the tills making sure customers weren't waiting and if so not for very long.
The most enjoyable part of the day was lunch time when it started to get busy it would make the day speed up and gave us countless opportunities to talk to customers.
Pros
Adequate lunch time, Great staff.
Christmas temporary job.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Metrocentre17 March 2018
I really enjoyed working at the card factory throughout the Christmas, I was made to feel so welcome while I was working at the card factory, I learnt new skills and I met new people and made close friends within work. I was mainly on the checkout but I enjoyed it because it was my job to make sure the customer was satisfied before they left the store.
Pros
Positive Atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours
n/a
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyde, Greater Manchester15 March 2018
this was my first job but going of the other jobs i have had this company was very enjoyable to work for always friendly and always thought about the staff
Friendly and Productive workplace.
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport13 March 2018
Starting work at the Card Factory was such a great opportunity for me to gain knowledge about being in a working environment, Card Factory helped me to boost my confidence levels also.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Has none.
It was very fun to work there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire13 March 2018
I enjoyed every time I went to work and to say hello to the customers and also do different tasks we had to do each day we was in work and the manager was very nice to but so was the team we had
Fun but not efficient
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford12 March 2018
The day was long and repetitive, but the work place was fun and colleges shared humor, the manager was fun and friendly but not effective with roles and keeping the workplace smooth.
Pros
humor with colleges
Cons
repetitive work day
Fast paced, little reward
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh11 March 2018
Fast paced, with high expectations to very little apparent reward. It does however feel like the company is beginning to address some of the problems internally. May improve in the future.
It was a fun workplace with nice people.
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford11 March 2018
Card factory was a nice first job! I have gained a lot of experience from being there. It has boosted my confidence and now I can offer great customer service to anybody who needs it.
Pros
Gained experience
Cons
Not a long enough contract
never work for this company
Manageress (Former Employee) –  Lincoln9 March 2018
rubbish company to work for they dont care about any of the staff, i once heard the area manager talking on the phone talking about a pregnant woman that she hopes she falls down the stairs.
Racist place to work.
Management (Former Employee) –  Croydon9 March 2018
I used to work for Card Factory for under 3 months, at the outset it was a company that I thought I wanted to work for. however Card Factory does not represent the demographic of London especially Croydon and I find especially the management at Card Factory in the Whitgift Centre to be very very racist. covertly racist.
Brilliant management; God-awful customers
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loughton, Essex7 March 2018
The job involves the usual retail tasks such as taking payments, restocking products and dealing with customer queries. The store manager was brilliant; incredibly helpful and supportive of staff and was always willing to teach those willing to learn more about the job. The most difficult part of the job was the customers; I have over six years experience in customers services and have not once in those six years dealt with the level of hostility I have faced from customers here. It is difficult dealing on a nearly daily basis with middle-aged women throwing tantrums in front of their own kids over the fact that they may have to face a 5-10 minute wait for a balloon order, or that we are out of stock on a popular product. However management were brilliant in their support of staff during such scenarios. When not faced with a grown adult in mid-tantrum, fulfilling balloon orders was one of the most enjoyable parts of the job; it gives you a chance to be creative with your designs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay
Productive but little pay
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sidcup, Greater London6 March 2018
Enjoyed my time here as a seasonal temporary sales assistant. The majority of my time here I was serving customers at the till, but when the shop wasn't busy I had the chance to tidy up the racks and replenishing stock. Days go by quick when on the till but very slow when on shop floor. Occasional angry customer but nothing you can do other than smile and apologise.
Pros
Always kept busy and friendly staff
Cons
Very low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.