Card Factory Employee Reviews

Average
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  south yorksire22 January 2018
this was my first job and the worst place to start! the management was so poor and it just wasn't the nicest place to work and staff were not treated fairly! Also, I never finished work the time that I was scheduled to.
Pros
friendly employees (most)
Cons
poor managment and no consistancy
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester20 January 2018
the management and other staff were all friendly and they make you feel very welcome. it was just minimum wage however it was an overall good place to work.
Pros
friendly people, reasonable breaks
Cons
minimum wage
Fun workplace
Christmas Temp (Current Employee) –  Bedworth, Warwickshire20 January 2018
This is a good company to work for, When you are a Christmas Temp or a Permeant member of staff. The Atmosphere in a shop on the build up to Christmas is fantastic, everyone in the spirit. The hardest part of the job is all the constant moving around of stock - there's a lot of it too. The best part of the job is helping customers get everything they need knowing that they are sorted for Christmas
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long shifts sometimes
Wonderful manager and great staff
Temporary Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Midlands19 January 2018
I have worked at a branch of the Card Factory in the West Midlands. The manager is wonderful to work for and there is a great team of staff. I can't fault my time at the Card Factory - just sad it is a temporary position. Would be happy to recommend this company to work for and especially this branch. You are kept busy at all times - be it behind the till or helping to restock the shop floor. It is not a job for people who have bad backs or have trouble with standing on their feet for long periods of time. There are no real break times given (you can be working 5-6 hours without a break at all). Overall, I will be sad to leave and would happily accept a permanent job if it was up for grabs.
Pros
Friendly staff, always busy, and interaction with customers.
Cons
Not enough hours offered and very few permanent jobs offered, no breaks and long time standing on your feet.
Fun
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire18 January 2018
it was a fun and exciting place to work. with plenty of opportunities for new employees. it was a constanty changing enviroment pllanning and preparation were paramount as was customer focus.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kirkby, Merseyside16 January 2018
the card factory was a fun and lively place to work. the management there were always kind and on task. I was given reasonable hours. and enjoyed my days at work.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
low pay rate
alright place to work but not many hours
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lincoln15 January 2018
a typical day of work when there is a season ie:mothers day, valentines and Christmas etc. there is loads to do and its easy to keep busy. Seeing regular customers on a day to day basis is lovely. Although when it is not a a season, there is minimum hours so if you live out of the city centre and have to travel by bus, most of the time you are spending more on travel than having a bit to spend. the staff are lovely and so easy to get on with. there isn't a hard part of the job it is pretty straight forward.
Pros
lovely staff great manager!
Cons
minimum hours
rubbish comany
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire15 January 2018
one of the worst company's to work for. They help you to move up the scale but they do everything to make sure you dont stay there. they make you feel like you are doing a really bad job even if sales are up and there is no bad feedback
enjoyable
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitehaven12 January 2018
i worked here for four weeks over the christmas period the other staff were friendly and helpful really enjoyed my time there,the tills were very easy to use i learnt quickly very fast paced but loved every minute
Lovely place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth11 January 2018
Time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff great company to work for. Everyone helps each other and supports each other always alot to do which means more experience.

Cons

Very cold in store and stockroom as no heating. Small shop and stock room very little room to move.
Excellent place of work.
Customer Sales Advisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston11 January 2018
Good staff, good management, hard work and reasonable pay.
An overall brilliant place to be with a great social and great loacation to be within the very busy and famous Livingston Shopping Centre.
Very Stressful Workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire11 January 2018
Typical day depends on who is in charge. I've had two managers in my time and both have been completely selfish and incompetent. they lack even basic people skills. That being said I have improved as a person but that purely down to me gaining experience of working with the public. usually quite a tense culture with alot of division but again this is down to poor individual man management from the manager.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Lack of breaks/ terrible wages
terrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leigh11 January 2018
horrible staff they dont care with your needs are but good seeing different faces when serving customer the staff dont train you that much so its not worth working there.
Pros
seeing faces with customers
Cons
horrible
fun but 0 hour contract
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire10 January 2018
I worked as a temp member over the christmas period, no secure hours and if you took a day off work you would find your self with no hours the following weeks. Breaks are bad. However the staff and management were good and I had a good time due to this.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
breaks and pay
workplace lowers self confidence.
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs, Kent10 January 2018
I was rushed to count the float and was laughed at when i could not meet their standards. in my application i stated that i was poor at maths and yet they still hired me. i didn't learn anything whilst working there. the management were rude and never kept in contact with me to tell me the timetable when they said they would and contradicted themselves in every way possible.
Seasonal Staff
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huyton, Merseyside9 January 2018
I worked here for a few Christmas's in the huyton store.
I really enjoyed the job & would work here again!
The staff were all friendly & the manager was lovely.
Pros
everything
Cons
permanant contracts are only small
productive and a fun work place.
Assist my colleagues (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes9 January 2018
at card factory it was always busy customers coming in during the day buying their cards and presents for their loved ones special occasions. it was very enjoyable and pleasant working for them, but i didn't a job that has fixed hours and good pay. i have learnt quite a lot during this part of my work experience in card factory they taught me how to blow up the helium balloons and that made me face my fear of balloons. the most enjoyable part of working at card factory was making friends and working as a team to beat our goals during the busiest part of the year which was Christmas.
Pros
always cheerful place to work.
Cons
n/a
Great company to work for.
Temporary Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yeovil7 January 2018
General working day is working on the till helping and serving customers. The pace is fast and was especially so over the festive period but the time goes quick as kept very busy. The management are great and my colleagues are great to work with as the whole team is friendly and help each other. Pity it is just a temporary position I have with this company and due to finish soon. It is such a great friendly place to work.
Pros
Great Management and colleagues. fast paced and fun place to work
Cons

Comment – 12 January 2018

My temporary contract with this company has finished now. pity really as is a great company.

Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk6 January 2018
I really enjoyed working in card factory it was a lovely environment always kept busy always somthing to do strict but fun always had brilliant feedback from customers on my working and it’s easy to pick things up full training and support was always avaliable no matter how long you had been there
Pros
Full training provided, days off avaliable, great staff, brilliant manager
Cons
Long hours, minimal wage
was a good work place
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire5 January 2018
when working at card factory it was quite chalenging because wue you do a move you have to make sure that you put all the cardes in the right spot and in the right order
Pros
the hours
Cons
the pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.