Card Factory Employee Reviews

Found 1,110 reviews matching the search See all 1,129 reviews
Fast paced, fun
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackwood11 October 2018
You are busy all day, using till, dealing with customers , replenishment and keeping the shop floor tidy. I enjoyed working as a team. Fun environment.
Pros
Busy, fun place to work
Cons
Zero hour contact
Enjoyable retail sales experiences.
Profession- Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk10 October 2018
The card factory was a fast past retail environment. I was a Christmas temporary staff member. I gained valuable till experience and transferable retail knowledge such as, customer care, customer service, shop floor routines, delivery process, stock check and price checks, dealing with festive rush (Christmas).

I enjoyed the retail sales experience as I had to handle customer care up front. it was disappointing to be mislead about the temporary position.
Pros
Gaining valuable till skills which can be used in further work involvements.
Cons
Misleading position and lack of work hours - 0 hour contact.
Bad management, rude manager and team leader , peterborough
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensgate peterborough9 October 2018
Management was rude at queensgate one, was rude in front of customers, treated like dirt. Get shouted at no reason.blt worth working there in the end.
Pros
Other lovely good friendly sales assistants, keeps u occupied
Cons
Rude management
if i could give a lower rating i would
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canvey Island9 October 2018
The management and employees at this "store" are self obsessed and incompetent. They prioritise working hours based on the people they are friends with. The people working there have no patience's and don't want to employee any person that they think is not their friend.
Pros
nothing
Cons
bullying
Okay for first time jobs
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2018
Card Factory is usually busy especially with events coming up so you have to be quick on your feet (have to do tills, do balloon orders and stock shelves). Okay for 16 year olds as only pays minimum wage
Busy, yet fun atmosphere.
Retail/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ayr4 October 2018
A typical day was generally ensuring all cards and stock that was in the stock room, was out and available to customers. This could be difficult during busy seasonal times like Christmas.The job involved lots of till work, lifting heavy goods, and constant bending when putting cards from the drawer onto shelves. I learned how to conduct myself properly during disruptive moments with customers. Management was incredible, lots of opportunities to add extra hours and if time off was required, it could easily be arranged.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers who can bring your morale down dramatically, but the best part of the job was the incredible team I worked with every day.
Pros
Short shifts throughout the week.
Cons
Longer hours during special occasions e.g. Christmas or Mothers Day
Productive workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London4 October 2018
A typical day at work includes making sure shop is full and tidy for customers and making sure you sell as much as you can. the job keeps you busy so you're not bored all the time and it can be a fun workplace to work in.
Do not work for Card Factory
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire28 September 2018
The job is fine and keeps you busy and most of the staff are friendly, thats where any positives end.
You are expected to perform tasks way above you pay grade, especially as a supervisor.
The pay is awful, the management are toxic and treat you as if you're dirt.
You have next to no chance of moving up or making a career of the job, and even if you did the pay is nothing, supervisors are paid 14 pence more an hour than basic staff members and expected to do the managers job.
Don't ever be expect to be thanked for your work, but expect to be criticized for every small mistake and told everything you have done is wrong, despite being given no guidance and no clear instruction.
They also expect you to stay late during seasonal changes, and scoff at the idea of paying you overtime or even paying you the hours worked.
It took me over 2 months to get my first paycheck and i was underpaid consistently every month, despite me logging my hours and arguing about my paycheck when it was down.
You basically end up training yourself since everyone in charge is either new due to high staff turn over, or is someone who is very unqualified for the job. I recall one day when the new assistant manager came in drunk and had to be sent home on her first day in store. I suppose if you pay peanuts, you get monkies.

All in all, dont work here, there are better jobs and much better companies out there. Dont waste your time with a company that cant even pay staff correctly and wont appreciate you in any way.
Pros
Job keeps your busy
Cons
Terrible management, low pay, payment disputes, no career progression, supervisors are given the same jobs as managers and paid nothing for it, unpaid overtime, poor work life balance, dont work here.
work hard
keyholder (Current Employee) –  Belfast25 September 2018
work very hard in a busy shop I have learned a lots of skills while working here have moved up from sales assistant to key holder very quickly the best part about my job is helping people
good team
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey20 September 2018
at first was brillliant then went on to where i was not getting enough hours, then they dropped me to 4 hours a week, it was a temporay job for christmas and my contract ended in the next july.
Pros
entilted breaks
Cons
did not get enough hours
good place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria17 September 2018
good place to work in good group and good standard of products for price range. short shifts and good breaks. sorting cards and gifts out and serving customers and filling balloons.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
small staff discount and lack of hours out of season
Hard but rewarding work
Christmas temporary sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Redcar and Cleveland, North Yorkshire17 September 2018
This job was hard but rewarding as becaue it was my firdt job since leaving college and University. A typical daay would include workin gon the tills until a half an hour break, stock refill, pricing and till checks. The staff was lovely and had a laugh with when at the appropriate time.
Pros
10% off merchindise
Cons
customers
Fun work place... always busy
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Accrington11 September 2018
Plenty of over time over xmas period... work around shifts as a team if time off required. None stop enviroment so can keep yourself fit.. fun place to work.
Pros
Overtime
loved working here
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire10 September 2018
I worked here as a temp over the Christmas period in 2017, I got kept on until the following march. I would have loved to stay longer but my contract ended and didn't get renewed.
Pros
fun friendly place to work
Cons
very long hours
Busy but great staff
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnet, Greater London8 September 2018
Card shop very busy over Christmas. Pay is not very good at all. Staff at the Barnet branch are really nice. Requires a lot of hard work. Would recommend for students looking to earn a bit of money.
Enjoy the people i work with
Key holder and Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire5 September 2018
Needs to give more hours it's not enough for things you need to complete within the shop area mangers think they are better then everyone else the don't even acknowledge you they just walk straight past you like you don't even work there!
Pros
Get your birthday off
Cons
Not enough hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedworth3 September 2018
Great place to work the manger is lovely helps in every way the staff are amazing, friendly and lovely people. The most enjoy about my job is going to working knowing that I’m working with lovely funny people.
excellent
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London2 September 2018
fun workplace, excellent customer service from employees, welcoming environment, great place to shop, productive, team work is excellent, constructive
mean-ish boss very kind staff
Sales assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kidlington2 September 2018
The manager can be very temperamental and hot-headed, especially when it's busy and she can easily walk all over you. But sometimes on a good day she can be nice and easy to have a laugh with.

But besides the manager everyone else is very kind they are always nice to have a conversation with and have a laugh with.
Pros
You get 15% off on everything in the card factory except the gift cards
Cons
Each week is different days. E.g one week your working Monday, Thursday and Sunday then the next week your working Tuesday, Wednesday, thursday and saturday
Busy workplace at times with good people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Newham, Greater London1 September 2018
The job doesn't require much technical skills just common sense. Busy periods such as holiday seasons; Christmas, Easter etc it used to get exceptionally busy. The people were good people to work with. But the hours and effort one puts in is not reflected in the minimum wage you get. I learned a lot about people management, customer service and interactions etc.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.