Card Factory Employee Reviews

good, basic
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 August 2018
my first role, this was very interesting as I gained what it would be like to be in the working wolrd, card factory were very attentive t my needs and weee
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enniskillen1 August 2018
yes, this was a good place to work. great working conditions and environment. manager and assistant manager are very approachable if there is ever a problem or issue. overall good place to work.
An Okay Job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teignmouth31 July 2018
I was a customer assistant, the job was pretty simple but painfully boring, hours dragged and I overall did not enjoy it, I just don't think it was a job suited to me.
Pros
free drinks offered occasionally from Costa, free of charge
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire31 July 2018
I only worked at Card Factory whilst I was at college, as a source of income. I would now like to get started in a full time career, preferably in an office, either accounts or sales, somewhere that gives me the required training.
Poor workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, North Ayrshire30 July 2018
Card Factory have no Job Work/Life Balance at all especially on seasonal events as you could start work at 8am and don't finish until 7pm with inadequate breaks.
Pros
poor pay and busy around christmas / new year periods.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff29 July 2018
poor pay - minimum wage
very busy around christmas / new year periods
messy and untidy environment
many left after a month or two of working
understaffed
Brilliant
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Orpington26 July 2018
I really enjoyed working for card factory. I learnt a lot from the managers and team they had. Was a bit stressful at times but always good to see new faces and interact with customers.
Busy!
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glossop, Derbyshire25 July 2018
Good variety each day, able to interact with customers.
Hardest part was the long hours.
Sometimes felt we were short staffed.
Good training, manager was very approachable
Easy job if your expectations are not too high
3rd Key-holder/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester23 July 2018
PROS
Friendly regular customers
Free uniform
15% staff discount on full priced items
pension scheme

CONS
No official training given, everything is learn't on the job from other employees whether experienced or not.

Employees overall feel demotivated, overworked for little or no appreciation of hard work done.

Management are unrealistic with targets which places heavy pressures on staff, who then feel their voices are not heard when issues are raised as more often then not their ignored.

High turnover of staff, as a result of zero hour contracts, available hours are inconsistent, as the few permanent staff are relied on to take extra hours instead.
Pros
Free uniform, 15% staff discount on full priced items
Cons
Undervalued employee for their hard work
It was an interesting job
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire18 July 2018
The job was fun at the beginning and interesting since I manage to go up the ladder pretty fast and got some nice experience it this months but you have to move on afterwards since there are a lot more opportunities out there.
Unprofessional
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands18 July 2018
The actual job itself is very straight forward and easy to do.
Management would put you down for shifts without telling you after already giving you your hours for the week so in that case they are unprofessional.
Fun Place To Work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear17 July 2018
This was a Christmas temp job but like the others a fun place to work, the people where friendly and helpful and it wasn't far to travel. People were always willing to help in anyway they could.
Pros
Not far to travel
Cons
Christmas temp
Never expect to finish on time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire16 July 2018
Enjoyed my time working at the card factory, really nice employees but that is about it. Was busy all the time, which I enjoyed but at times there wasnt enough help to reduce the queues, Pay was ridiculous for the amount of work that was expected from you, never was able to go home on time after my shift finished was always expected to stay unpaid for up to 45 mistunes to in hour on some occasions nearly 2 hours, while the tills where being cashed up at the end of the day. 30 minutes for break if you work a full day, which sometimes you never got a chance to eat because it took that long to get your food unless you take a pack lunch.
Cons
pay and never expect to finish shift on time
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield10 July 2018
The other employers were lovely to work with and made me feel very much at home.
I always had a laugh, was a very upbeat place of work.
enjoyed it very much.
only issue was when my contract ended I wasn't given much notice.
Pros
happy workplace
Cons
communication in the workplace
Poor pay for the amount of work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dereham8 July 2018
Stay away the pay is awful and your worked like animals very hard work near Christmas it’s awful definitely not worth the stress, the pay is nowhere near enough for how hard you have to work, the hours do mean you can plan a lifestyle but you’ll be too
Tiered too do anything
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Hard manual labour
Good fun
Retail assistant/Till Handler (Former Employee) –  Plympton30 June 2018
My time at card factory was fun, but i was a lot younger.
I loved who i worked with the management were great but its not a job for me now. The job gave me a lot of skills i have used and continue to use.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
heavy lifting up flights of stairs
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Street, Somerset28 June 2018
Whilst working for this company I had a lot of fun and interesting times a typical day would be sorting out deliveries serving the general public, the hardest part of this kind of retail establishment are when promotional changes happened which means working longer hours but everyone chips in to help out and we always got praised for what work we have done. highly recommend this company
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long hours when promo change
Fast paced company
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham27 June 2018
Very fast paced company to work for especially during seasonal times sometimes get shipped out to other stores which gives you an insight of how other managers run their stores
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ripley26 June 2018
A typical day at work for me would be to serve customers, meet the needs of others, handle money, fill/tidy the card racks, fill product and sweep/mop the floor so the shop is presentable for the next day.

Nothing about working at Card Factory is hard.
I enjoy working with the people I work with and I enjoy helping others to meet their needs.
Stressful place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guildford26 June 2018
I have never wanted to leave a job as much as i did when i started at card factory.

The manager and assistant manager were constantly rude to me, and I wasn't even trained properly to be a supervisor and was told that I would be doing my first un-trained shift on a Sunday, and when another member of the team was asked to make sure I was cashing up correctly at the end of the day, the member of staff was then told off for helping me.

The shop was always in a mess as was the stock room, canteen, the managers office and the staff toilet always smelt nasty

I booked a Sunday off as it was a family members birthday and the manager declined to let me have the day off.

I've never felt like I fitted in at card factory.
Cons
No training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.