Card Factory Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glengormley8 November 2017
Busy around Christmas holidays.
Hardest part of the job was doing a new display for the first time.
Having to deal with upset/angry customers at times.
Christmas temp (Current Employee) –  Eston6 November 2017
i currently have started Christmas temp at card factory, ts6. The manager is so friendly and very understandable, flexible with break times and days I attend, for example if I'm due to work Saturday and Sunday she will happily try to work round me and help swap my shifts if she can. she also helps me with any questions I need answering and if I need any help she is instantly there.
Hopefully I will be kept on after the Christmas period as I do have the experience and I do love this job.
Pros
Very Friendly and understanding
Cons
only temp for christmas
fun
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glenrothes4 November 2017
fun place to work i liked my time here all the staff are nice good shift patters pay is just minimum wage magers are all nice and helpful and wanted the best for you
good
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire3 November 2017
Good job, the manager and all of the other staff are extremely nice and considerate.I only work 4/5 hour shifts so the shifts for me are not that long, however, it is minimum wage though.
No contract or option to progress
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands3 November 2017
very bad pay for all you have to do.
head office dont care
no contracted hours and no chance of progression
loved who i worked with, but bad organisation to work for
Not great if your under 18
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear2 November 2017
Seriously hated my time at the card factory because I was getting paided very little to do the same job as the older members of staff. My manger was a lovely person always helpful and so were the staff. I worked during Christmas it was constantly busy but because it was a small branch I doubt it would be like that all year. But even though I disliked it it's given me experience in the retail world.
Pros
Discount, good location
Cons
Low wages for under 18's
was a temporary job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spalding30 October 2017
i enjoyed working here it was a shame it only lasted a few weeks. It helped build my confidence up in dealing with people people were nice who worked there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire30 October 2017
Within the store my colleagues were happy to help me with any problems I had regarding tasks I was set. There was always a positive atmosphere within the workplace. At times it was fast paced which meant we had to work well within a team to make sure we served customers efficiently. Then when the workplace quieted down we would al use this time to fill the shelves with stock where needed.
Pros
Friendly staff
Good fun place to work
Sales Staff (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands28 October 2017
Enjoyable atmosphere, a fun place to work,working with the public can be stressful but here was fun selling seasonal cards and helping people select the appropriate items for the occasion.
Pros
Good fun place to work
Cons
The delivery bay ws two floors down stairs and no lift
unknown
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire24 October 2017
great place to work. friendly staff. great products. the staff were encouraging and saw the potential i had and were quick to help if i ever had a problem.
Pros
great staff and job
Cons
no guaranteed permanent job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Droitwich, Worcestershire21 October 2017
Been working there a year, enjoying my job role. Love meeting new people. I aspire to move up in the company. Everyone I work with are friendly and ready to help when needed.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Parking
learnt loads
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keynsham13 October 2017
i loved working at card factory all the staff was lovely there, i learnt how to use a different till.. a typical day work would of been get in take coat, count float in the till, make sure the shop was tiding before opening, go sign on to a till, serves customers, when we was quick would check the shop was tidy.. the management was lovely.. the hardest part was standing all day, the most enjoyable part was getting told how well i had done, and putting a smile on a customer face
Pros
discount
Cons
long day on your feet
ok place to work
SALES ASSISTANT / WEEKEND SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Northfield, West Midlands11 October 2017
busy days out of hours stock take and cashing up/cleaning

manager was ok but gave extra responsibility without the extra pay to support

always worked over contracted hours but got minimal holiday pay
Pros
cheap cards
Good workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent10 October 2017
Really injoyed working here over Christmas learned a lot while I was there learned how to use the tills really liked who I worked with lots of help and support when needed
Busy but fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset6 October 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the customers and heling them to find what they are looking for. My typical day will involve being on the till to start with and then going on yo fill product or cards depending on what has been delivered that day. The hardest part of my job is trying to do all I need to do in one day as we are a very busy store.

I have learned how to work well in a team and how to lead a team successfully. I have also learned to have more confidence in my own abilities.
Pros
Good working relationship with fellow employees
Great company
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Largs6 October 2017
Had a great time workinghere. Got a very good relationship with customers being small town. Had great enjoyment here. Though I felt most of the younger stafff had no work ethics atol. Very lazy attitude to work and found my self doing more of there work at time this was clearly due to very poor management and I took this further as an employee.
not good.
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire6 October 2017
The management in the Card factory I believe could have been a lot better. As it was my first job i did learn a lot and enhanced my skills even more. Overall, it was an ok place to work.
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon6 October 2017
I was only a Christmas temp but i enjoyed my time at The Card Factory. The staff were nice and helpful and we got in to the christmas spirit. My time there flew by.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Just a temp contract
Fun Learning Experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, Isle of Wight5 October 2017
It's gave me a good insite to the way retail works and how to handle my self under stressful situations during busy time of year. I also learnt how to restock and sort out inventory
Pros
Flexable work hours
Cons
Cramped workspace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon5 October 2017
I loved working at card factory but at the time I wanted to further my career to see what I was capable off but I do miss working there and hope to go back someday.
Pros
Getting to meet new people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8