Card Factory Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon13 February 2018
this is a fun job as you get to mess about with doing displays and filling up balloons and also a sociable job as you get to speak to customers and also have the evenings off.
Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow9 February 2018
Argyle Street Team are amazing to work with, make you feel so welcome and they all work as a team and things actually get done. holiday and wage are great!!
Pros
overall great team!!
decent
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex7 February 2018
Wasn't really a productive/ positive placement of work, there was times where I had to what to do because I was bored, and most of the time I'd be told that there is nothing to do. People within the job were un-relatable as they were a lot older than me which then made it hard for communication to happen.
Cons
Didnt have a positive vibe
I loved working here
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Durham6 February 2018
I worked at the Card Factory in Stanley over the time period of 4 month. the daily work included working on the tills, handling money and restocking the store when needs be. I learned how to manage money and i also became aware of the customer services. The hardest part of this job was when the shop was busy and i needed to work on the till and restock. Splitting my time between tasks was a difficult thing. I really enjoyed working amongst new people because i am a people person and i can speak to people with ease.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire6 February 2018
On the go a lot but it is a very fun place to work with a great team of people behind you and a great management team who are very kind and fun people to work with.
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester6 February 2018
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future.

As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 800 stores, Card Factory is really thriving.

That’s why we can offer job security and great career progression at our Head Office, in our stores or out in the field. Growing all the time we’re in a position to provide local people with local jobs and deliver quality products at affordable prices in the heart of the UK’s towns and cities.

As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination with competitive packages. What’s more, Card Factory is ambitious, passionate and forward thinking with a management style that is open and honest, encouraging people to contribute to the business at every level.
Pros
good people
Cons
Very productive work place, minimal rewards
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Crawley5 February 2018
Always on your toes, there is always something to do which is good for business.
Management, is hit and miss, some of the management are fantastic and helpful, but most that I found are far too stubborn and metaphorically blind.
Pay is not great considering the tasks and role at hand, anything above a normal sales assistant is just not worth it unless you become area management or higher.
Over all I wouldn't recommend working for the company unless its a temporary experience as you'll get dragged in and under.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Salary, rewards and self achievement are non existent.
Great job and support
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear4 February 2018
Fast paced job with experienced people to help you along the way, never a dull moment and a manager with a gr at sense of humour. Will definitely be trying to go back for the 2018 Christmas period
Pros
Day goes fast during holiday seasons
Cons
Part time staff only get a T-shirt so it can get cold on the till for Christmas
experience at the store
Chelmsford as an sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford3 February 2018
Working at card factory was a very good experience as I got to make new friends I got to realise what I could do better and what it is really like to work when it is busy but honestly the one thing I've learnt is that even when you're really down in the dumps keep all your emotions at home make sure when you're at work everything you do is professional.
Fun environment to work in, welcoming staff, very polite
Till Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire1 February 2018
I’d say that cardfactory is definitely a nice place to work at and nice people to work with.
They are very good at their jobs and they also make sure that you are having a good time on your first day
Great working team environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Austell31 January 2018
The hours and shift patterns are very flexible management are very concise and precise.I enjoyed working with customers and found the tills easy to use.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
seasonal contract
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan30 January 2018
i have worked as a Christmas temp for the last 2 years.
I worked on the till and filled cards and Christmas stock.
The manager and assistant managers were great to work and have a laugh with.
The work is repeatative but i enjoyed the interaction with the customers.
As it was a small shop there would be no chance of promotion unless moved store and only offered 5 hour contract.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
5 hour contract
Fun workplace, but not many hours garantueed
Sales assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Staines-upon-Thames28 January 2018
I started to work at this company at Christmas last year. I worked quite a few days and hours during the holiday. After the holiday I started working only for 4 hours a day, once a week. There are no more hours needed when there's no holiday.
Pros
Lovely and friendly people - easy to get to - in shopping centre
Cons
Not many hours so the payment is low
Great company
Temporary Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London27 January 2018
Working here was hectic as I was working here over the Christmas period but overall a great experience for me .
I gained some valuable till experience.
I usually stayed behind to help clean up the store after hours.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Hectic
Avoid this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Devon26 January 2018
Lack of training
No work/home balance
Wrong pay rate, still sorting
Bullying by Area manager
Lack of support
A really bad place to work, staff are not looked after, work for free
Pros
Still thinking
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay
i,m a very reliable person also i am a trustworthy person and i am a very postive hard worker who is ready to get on with the jobs i get asked to do.
Costumer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon26 January 2018
it was amazing because i have gained a lot of experience out of it it talt me customer skills and how to use a till correctly but the main part was i really enjoyed working there for a few weeks.
boring
Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton25 January 2018
was told at interview that i would get the hours that i was after but didn't was also told that i would be kept on but wasn't the colleagues was alright the customers were rude and wasn't given jobs to do was just standing around
Pros
discount
Cons
not enough hours
Fun Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds24 January 2018
Friendly colleagues, busy but fun environment, helpful management, good atmosphere, hardest part was being on feet all day. Most enjoyable was friendly work colleagues, meeting people
Pros
staff discount
It varies...
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge23 January 2018
I've worked for the company for over a year now and it has its ups and downs. The teams are great, you get along with them very easily and it is a lot of fun. The work itself requires a lot of flexibility, you need to be up and down on your feet sorting out delivery and stock. The Area manager is never really a great help, they like to make you change the store around in a few days and then will ask you to change it back. They don't really know what they are doing and won't listen to your ideas and/or will find something to complain about with either the store itself or the manager. Some of the managers are very hypercritical towards its staff members as they think they can do what they want but won't allow the staff members to do the same. An easy example of this is: the manager will sometimes be late like 30 minutes to an hour and won't notify anyone and if one of the staff members was 10 minutes late they'd be questioned and could possibly be made into a recorded conversation. I wouldn't suggest applying for this job personally as I have struggled to get things done on my own as my manager decides to dump everything down to the assistant, then complains themselves that not everything gets finished.
Pros
friendly staff, keeps you busy
Cons
hardly any help from managers or above
Lovely place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Shields23 January 2018
I loved working at Card Factory, the manager was always so friendly and helpful!
Seasonal work so I always did the busy time but I loved the fast pace.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Very busy at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.