Card Factory Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinnaird3 May 2018
This was my very first job that I experienced at retail and it did help me allot, it helped me experience on how working at a busy season was like n how to take on stuff to my future. It helped me learn new things n to try my skills out.
Fun and friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn3 May 2018
Very friendly working environment to be in. Stores are clean and easy to navigate. Efficient in operation and makes for a great working experience to be a part of.
Pros
Friendly welcoming atmosphere amoungst staff
Cons
Hard to choose any cons.
Fun job but not enough contracted hours.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend1 May 2018
I go to work and work on the tills, refill stock and assist customers with their needs. I also help with moving stock around the store and move it into the stockroom when required. The management is not too bad but we have changed managers a few times. I personally think the manager I have now is a great one. I learn a lot in the 2 years I have been in like customer service skills and working on the tills.

I personally enjoy putting the product out but the only thing I don't like about the job is the contracted hours I get and the salary I get. It is not too positive.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Not enough hours
awful and terrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stretford, Greater Manchester28 April 2018
terrible place to work the manager at the Stretford store is an awful boss and an awful person, all of the other employees thought that when i worked there also.
i was overworked and only paid 4 pound per hour and when i booked Christmas eve off 3 months in advance i had to work it because the manager gave it to a Christmas temp even though i had booked it, this was quite a regular thing with my days off, where i had booked them of and still had to work.
the manager goes for smoke breaks every five minutes whilst i only had one half an hour break working the whole day.
This job was starting to get in the way of my education because we had no staff because of the manager so i had to cover shifts during college time.
Great people
Customer service on the tills (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire26 April 2018
Great employers and ok management. Hours were good for students
Helpful staff whatever day of the week to get your induction done and to get a feel of the workplace.
Not too much pressure.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not enough pay
Fun day
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  \milton \keynes24 April 2018
.Busy day at work.
Settling playing with children and helping in play, Art & Craft work,
Learning about different cultures.

The hardest part of the job was to have their attention.

The most enjoyable part was to see them listen and engage in talking to teacher.
Pros
Make sure the child has eaten the lunch provided
Cons
Sleeping, Tired
exellent good for
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Helens24 April 2018
nicest staff and manager i have ever met love them all. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you help someone find something in the store. the hardest is when a customer says something abusive and you are un-sure what to do or say
Pros
good colleges good environment
Cons
rubbish pay
A fine starter job - wouldn't like to end up there forever.
Sales Assistant / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury24 April 2018
I worked at Card Factory initially as a Christmas temp, eventually staying for two years part time as a Sales Assistant & later Supervisor.

I worked with a good team who got on well together, & worked hard for a company & customers who needless to say weren't often grateful.

It was a good starter job for me, getting me into speaking to people & a daily job. I wouldn't like to end up there forever, as it's a bit of a naff "forever" job.

I don't regret working there, & have a fair few positive memories.
fun work place
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eltham, Greater London21 April 2018
an enjoyable atmosphere with friendly staff. it offered a good challenge and got really busy at times but with the right attitude you can cope easily with this and have a great time.
Poor
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead20 April 2018
Not a good place to work, do not treat employees with respect and expect to work long hours with minimal break. Management is laughable. Pay is rubbish in comparison to the work. Wouldnt recommend
management
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milnrow17 April 2018
manangement was poor other staff was rude didnt seem to be a friendly place to work poor management skills and the area manager was aslo rude with xmas temp staff
It was ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff12 April 2018
I worked in different stores over 4 years and they aren't very appreciative, apart from the managers who aren't told. There is not a very good work/life balance, especially weekends and occasions like Mothers Day, unless you're the manager and don't have to work those types of days.
great fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grays, Essex10 April 2018
very fast paced. always active. Great instore training.i worked here over the xmas time. It was well organised. very adaptable to your avaliable working patterns
Pros
always busy
Cons
hard work
Great Workplace, extremely productive
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashington, Northumberland9 April 2018
Through this job, i was given the experience of cash handling and till operations. The most enjoyable part of working here was learning and promoting the offers available within the workplace and also working with the hardworking members of staff.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seven sister9 April 2018
Nice place to work to gain experience and for you to work your way up the ranks and get to a higher position and move on to a better job that is beneficial.
Pros
Local
Cons
Pay is rubbish
Unreasonable behaviour from staff, low pay, poor products.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol9 April 2018
One of the worst places I've worked at. The staff are unreasonable and always moody. The rules implemented by the staff are not necessary. They use an out of date system to keep track of finances causing extra stress at the start and end of the day. The till's don't work and the overall vibe of this job was Stress. I got underpaid by £100. Your better off signing on than working at the hauntingly horrible place.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
my job
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands5 April 2018
i had to be very organised in this with sorting cards and making sure they were in the right places it was a lot of work. having to work with customer was great but also tricky
Friendly work place easy going atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wantage, Oxfordshire5 April 2018
Nice place to work friendly staff members busy working pace
Always something to do . From tidying cards to putting delivery away . inflating balloons.
Good range of cards and balloons to choose from
Pros
Good working hours easy to get to
busy and exciting workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge4 April 2018
Working at card factory was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, and I learned many skulls there, including time keeping and stock counting. The staff that trained me were incredibly helpful in easing the new recruits in to the store.
Easy for a first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London3 April 2018
Not as professional as you think. However friendly environment. Good hours but if you are under 18 the payment can be stressful at only £4.06 an hour.
Pros
Good starting job
Cons
Under payment for under 18

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.