Card Factory Employee Reviews

Found 1,113 reviews matching the search See all 1,132 reviews
Nice
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Midlands13 October 2018
I worked here as a Christmas temp and it was good. Got very busy but overall I would have stayed on after Christmas if I had the chance to. Pay wasn't too good as I was under 18 at that time. As I am a big fan of Christmas, it was a great place to work at this period of time as it was very Christmas related.
Pros
fun
Cons
busy
few members of staff were friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire23 October 2018
Most of the staff got on well although some got away with a lot. I enjoyed being friendly with customers. A few members of the staff would sit round the back with the manager and have a chat while the rest of us worked non stop
Pros
made amate
Cons
short breaks
Gained valuable managerial experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Talbot Town22 November 2018
Learned to manage people, deal with difficult situations such as customer complaints. Learned vital time management skills. Physical part of the could be demanded especially around busy periods.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long Hours
Bad management, rude manager and team leader , peterborough
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensgate peterborough9 October 2018
Management was rude at queensgate one, was rude in front of customers, treated like dirt. Get shouted at no reason.blt worth working there in the end.
Pros
Other lovely good friendly sales assistants, keeps u occupied
Cons
Rude management
Enjoyable and productive
Temporary Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough5 January 2019
Typical work day for me was working tills for around 5 1/2 hours 2-4 days a week with the occasional 7 1/2 - 10 hour shift, other than working till, if my shift finished after the shop shuts i'd help get the store ready for the next day. Good job to have if you're looking for a seasonal role, hours for me were always good and overtime was near enough always available if you asked for it. Shop tended to be busy most days so you were always productive and always doing something whether it's tidying or working tills. Sociable work environment and friendly staff, the permanent staff were very welcoming to the temps and helpful if we weren't sure of something. I'd say the most enjoyable part of the job was the fact my colleagues were friendly just because it helped with keeping the job itself more relaxed and less stressful.
Pros
Good hours, friendly staff, staff discount, meet new people, gain new skills
Cons
Minimum wage, maximum of 30 min break regardless of how many hours worked
Fun and hardworking days
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester15 January 2019
it was a simple job as I served customers with their products such as cards, rolling papers, helium balloons; cleaning up the cards, picking up boxes which contain sometimes heavy cards and mugs and glasses which are fragile.
Never expect to finish on time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire16 July 2018
Enjoyed my time working at the card factory, really nice employees but that is about it. Was busy all the time, which I enjoyed but at times there wasnt enough help to reduce the queues, Pay was ridiculous for the amount of work that was expected from you, never was able to go home on time after my shift finished was always expected to stay unpaid for up to 45 mistunes to in hour on some occasions nearly 2 hours, while the tills where being cashed up at the end of the day. 30 minutes for break if you work a full day, which sometimes you never got a chance to eat because it took that long to get your food unless you take a pack lunch.
Cons
pay and never expect to finish shift on time
Gym for free. If you are fit, and like a lot of manual labor its place for you!
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire7 January 2019
Amazing people, and decent managers. If you have any chance to choose your gate, go for nr 1. If you previously worked in warehouse it is nothing new. Just do your job, and that's it.
Easy job if your expectations are not too high
3rd Key-holder/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester23 July 2018
PROS
Friendly regular customers
Free uniform
15% staff discount on full priced items
pension scheme

CONS
No official training given, everything is learn't on the job from other employees whether experienced or not.

Employees overall feel demotivated, overworked for little or no appreciation of hard work done.

Management are unrealistic with targets which places heavy pressures on staff, who then feel their voices are not heard when issues are raised as more often then not their ignored.

High turnover of staff, as a result of zero hour contracts, available hours are inconsistent, as the few permanent staff are relied on to take extra hours instead.
Pros
Free uniform, 15% staff discount on full priced items
Cons
Undervalued employee for their hard work
Enjoy the people i work with
Key holder and Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire5 September 2018
Needs to give more hours it's not enough for things you need to complete within the shop area mangers think they are better then everyone else the don't even acknowledge you they just walk straight past you like you don't even work there!
Pros
Get your birthday off
Cons
Not enough hours

Want to know more about Card Factory?

Ask a question
flexible
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hackney, Greater London4 January 2019
Flexible, fun and a great experience. Enjoyed working with the team & management. Moved up position quite quickly with proving myself. I moved up from sales assistant to assistant manager then become store manager within 1 and a half years.
Productive and teamwork
Sales Assistance (Current Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire5 January 2019
Very good workplace to be in, I have learnt loads of things since starting in 2015 and I am still learning new this everyday. I love the workers there as they are like another family to me.
Pros
Extra hours given to me
Cons
Fun work place nice and easy to get on with people
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampshire15 November 2018
From experience working for the company is very good a fun enviroment to work in close to where i live good flexibility of hours when wanted when normally asked
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Lack of hours
asst Manager job,, £8.04 an hour
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands18 November 2018
Very low wages for Asst Manager, long unsociable hours, for that pay rate, long queues, rude customers, very busy no tea break sometimes, going home putting your feet up
Pros
some low price cards and gifts
Cons
long queues, low pay
fun workplace
cashier assistant (christmas position) (Former Employee) –  England, UK27 December 2018
i only worked here over the christmas period and whilst i worked here i had a fun enjoyable experience i loved working with my colleagues and enjoyed interacting with the customers.
Pros
discount
Dont do it
CSA (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire7 November 2018
Where do i start the store manager think its the bees knees couldnt organise a pray in a church takes all the credit for which the other members of staff do.
Pros
Cons
No health and safety. NMW and the rota changes more times i change my underwear a day
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Street, Somerset28 June 2018
Whilst working for this company I had a lot of fun and interesting times a typical day would be sorting out deliveries serving the general public, the hardest part of this kind of retail establishment are when promotional changes happened which means working longer hours but everyone chips in to help out and we always got praised for what work we have done. highly recommend this company
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long hours when promo change
absolute disgrace
Customer Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Margate, Kent12 October 2018
disgusting management, bully. and very rude.
leaves you to the work while he clears off upstairs.
very rude to customers.
I think that a manager should have more experience than a young man with no customer service skills
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim12 December 2018
Staff and management where kind and helpful in teaching me how to use the till as well as helping with any other queries i had. Everyone worked as a team to help customers with anything they needed.
Stressful place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guildford26 June 2018
I have never wanted to leave a job as much as i did when i started at card factory.

The manager and assistant manager were constantly rude to me, and I wasn't even trained properly to be a supervisor and was told that I would be doing my first un-trained shift on a Sunday, and when another member of the team was asked to make sure I was cashing up correctly at the end of the day, the member of staff was then told off for helping me.

The shop was always in a mess as was the stock room, canteen, the managers office and the staff toilet always smelt nasty

I booked a Sunday off as it was a family members birthday and the manager declined to let me have the day off.

I've never felt like I fitted in at card factory.
Cons
No training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.