Card Factory Employee Reviews

A friendly and professional workplace.
Temporary seasonal work (Current Employee) –  Wigan26 December 2017
I am currently working at the Card Factory as a temporary seasonal staff member. This job offers a friendly but highly professional working environment.
Although I have worked in retail before, the opportunity to work for a big company such as the Card Factory has taught me more about professional communication and teamwork.
A challenging aspect of this job is having to remain professional and calm when under pressure, for example, when working the tills in a crowded shop or having to get a task done within an amount of time. An enjoyable factor of working here, however, is the fact that employees are typically given a variety of tasks to do throughout the day and that you get to work in a lively environment, enhanced by great co-workers.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Lack of shifts after the Christmas season
good enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon26 December 2017
Excellent place to work in general.
Good enviroment with the other colleagues. They helped me in a lot of moments.
Very friendly and lovely manager.

Excellent experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downpatrick, County Down20 December 2017
Excellent job which provided experience with cash handling as well as dealing with customers both behind and in front of the counter. Had to leave due to returning to education
A very productive environment.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex13 December 2017
A typical day at Card Factory is firstly I lock my handbag away, count my float and sign for it, I sign myself in as being in shop. Its different every day, the shop gets very very busy and with a great varied of customers who get to know you over time. I have learn't various tasks ie: how many cards go in certain racks for certain size cards. Ive learn't where all stock goes and if I notice items getting low, I will top the stock up when needed. Customers often need help especially the elderly and disabled and also the blind people, these customers are always very thankful to be helped. the time at Card Factory goes quickly. The hardest part of the job if im not busy is to unload the pallets as at times the pallet can be quite stacked and boxes can be heavy. My most enjoyable part nof my job is giving my excellent customer liasion to the customers.
Pros
being in the pension and seeing customers are happy, a confident and happy retail assistant makes a happy customer.
Cons
Lunch Hour should be for 1 hour not 30 minutes.
tedious
3rd key holder (Current Employee) –  Bury3 December 2017
learn how to deal with different customers needs each day.
deal with things i shouldn't have to due to not having a stationary manager.
hardest part of the job on a daily basis is dealing with customers who disagree with the company policy.
there is no manager for the shop!
Pros
15% discount
Cons
no management, poor wage, no hours.
feel like quitting.
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 December 2017
ever since the start i've hated working here. it drains me out by the end of my shift and if i work for 6 hours i get no breaks. i barely got any training, i literally got help from my colleagues on how to do things. the managers are really not helpful. i really hate how everything is displayed in the store aswell, especially at the till. its so difficult to serve customers because of things in the way and there's barely any room to put things there. everyday i regret applying for this job and i feel like quitting. i have little free time since i have uni and this job. whilst there are bad things about working here, the workers are really nice + friendly. they are probably the reason why i don't feel like quitting sometimes. some managers are nice whilst some i don't rlly feel comfortable being around. i'm literally just staying on for experience and i need money. i don't think it's a good place to work for students, they don't really take that you're a student into consideration.
Pros
friendly colleagues + experience
Cons
30 min break for shifts over 6 hours + little training + very tiring and draining
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedminster, Bristol1 December 2017
Great place loved working their amazing people and management I just wish i could of done it longer great 0 hour contract just small environment to work in but it is amazing
Pros
Close to other shops
Cons
I had to get a bus
Decent
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London1 December 2017
As a young person still studying 4 A Levels the job is extremely flexible however sometimes are not very sensitive to the fact that I am a student and it isn't a very 'fun' place to work
Awful
Sales assistant / Key holder (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside30 November 2017
Worked here for 2 years. Literally awful. Management was just unbelievably unfair, unorganised absolutley no proffesionalism what so ever. Shifts where either long days with very little break time or 6 hours for the week.
Pros
Staff that where not management where lovely to work with
Cons
Everything else
Family feeling, working together good team members lovely welcoming place
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough26 November 2017
Learned team building
Helping one another,
Met targets,
Clean tidy presantation high good customer service friendly.
Hardest was long days then stock take,
Best day or thing leaving your trouble and worry at the front door,like been close as a family the boss worked with you not over you she was very understanding and caring
Rubbish money and repetitive
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland26 November 2017
I have to admit i really didnt enjoy working for this company.
The money is garbage and the work is tedious and repetitive.
The staff all moan about each other in most branches and its rather unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
The whole job is the con
Fun, exciting and great people to work with at white rose centre
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds24 November 2017
A typical day at work was always really exciting and you'd see that no 2 days were the same. I learnt how to go on the tills. There was a total of 3 managers, one of them wasn't so nice and treated everyone terribly especially temporary people and just simply spoke to people like they were rubbish on the floor. Apart from her management were great!
Pros
Organised the breaks well
Cons
Could be boring if not many customers
3rd keyholder
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Trafford centre22 November 2017
I was in charge of my colleagues when the manager away, I was in charge of sorting jobs to each colleague and doing all the paperwork and answering the phone
Productive fast paced environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portadown, County Armagh21 November 2017
The job required a lot of thinking on my feet. I had to deal with customers constantly throughout my shifts. Also restocking was a very important and difficult task.
fun workplace
Sales Assitants/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham16 November 2017
I liked working there with the people it was hard work and it was fun working with the people it was a happy workplace and I enjoyed working there and the people was friendly.
cold place
Agency worker (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield13 November 2017
i was working there for few months.when i just come in england,was first my job.was not so good first my days,because was cold in there,was all my hands destroyd,but atlease i have expyriens with card,making nice :)
easy job but little money
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire11 November 2017
it is okay for first job. not a hard job, many time it`s quiet and easy but when it`s busy then very busy. We have 3 breaks in 8 hours shift whitch is not bad
Pros
3 break in 8 hours work
Cons
almost minimum wage, no sick pay
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glengormley8 November 2017
Busy around Christmas holidays.
Hardest part of the job was doing a new display for the first time.
Having to deal with upset/angry customers at times.
Fun place to work
Christmas temp (Current Employee) –  Eston6 November 2017
i currently have started Christmas temp at card factory, ts6. The manager is so friendly and very understandable, flexible with break times and days I attend, for example if I'm due to work Saturday and Sunday she will happily try to work round me and help swap my shifts if she can. she also helps me with any questions I need answering and if I need any help she is instantly there.
Hopefully I will be kept on after the Christmas period as I do have the experience and I do love this job.
Pros
Very Friendly and understanding
Cons
only temp for christmas
fun
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glenrothes4 November 2017
fun place to work i liked my time here all the staff are nice good shift patters pay is just minimum wage magers are all nice and helpful and wanted the best for you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8