Card Factory Employee Reviews

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loughborough13 May 2018
Staff were very nice. It was a great place to work, met so many nice people. Learnt many skills and improved my confidence. I would definitely work at another Card Factory store.
Pros
Lovely staff, long enough lunch breaks, decent hours.
Cons
Standing up for a long period of time will cause back and leg ache.
Awful management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry12 May 2018
Card Factory is not somewhere that you would want to work. If you are contracted 4 hours, you will only get 4 each week as that is the minimum you need to fulfil your contracted hours.

You are on minimum wage. 16-18 year olds are paid just over four pounds per hour. You are only entitled to a half hour break after six hours of work. Breaks are not included in your pay.

The management is poor. The manager at one of the stores in Coventry was informed of the hours I could work, yet she continued to give me shifts that I could not do and telling me it was my responsibility to get another member of staff to cover my shift.

I worked here for four months. For the first two I did not get paid properly. I got paid a back payment after three months of fighting for the money I earned.

I do not recommend working here. Don’t waste your time.
Pros
None.
Cons
Staff treated poorly and disrespected
productive
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wetherby11 May 2018
this was a helpful job as it provided me with money throughout college, it also had a lot of different jobs and responsibilities, although this job provided no overtime and was a small hour contract.
was only christmas temp
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex11 May 2018
I didn't really like working there I was only there for a few months before I moved on. it was to unorganised and chaotic. I didn't really get a chance to settle in as it was temp.
Good
Warehouse and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne8 May 2018
I enjoyed working here as it was my first job where I could earn money and I was quite young so the little money I was on went further.

Typically in the day if I was busy I would be on the tills serving customers, if it went quiet I would stack some shelves and make the cards look nice on the display cases.

I cant really remember much but it was good while it lasted, as it was only a temporary occupation through the seasonal period.
card factory
sales assistant/ key holder, (Former Employee) –  Oadby, UK4 May 2018
card factory is a lovley place to work has lots of nice things to buy it can get really busy at times were we are very rushed of are feet unloading products of the lorry
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours when you have to stock take
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinnaird3 May 2018
This was my very first job that I experienced at retail and it did help me allot, it helped me experience on how working at a busy season was like n how to take on stuff to my future. It helped me learn new things n to try my skills out.
Fun and friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn3 May 2018
Very friendly working environment to be in. Stores are clean and easy to navigate. Efficient in operation and makes for a great working experience to be a part of.
Pros
Friendly welcoming atmosphere amoungst staff
Cons
Hard to choose any cons.
Fun job but not enough contracted hours.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend1 May 2018
I go to work and work on the tills, refill stock and assist customers with their needs. I also help with moving stock around the store and move it into the stockroom when required. The management is not too bad but we have changed managers a few times. I personally think the manager I have now is a great one. I learn a lot in the 2 years I have been in like customer service skills and working on the tills.

I personally enjoy putting the product out but the only thing I don't like about the job is the contracted hours I get and the salary I get. It is not too positive.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Not enough hours
awful and terrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stretford, Greater Manchester28 April 2018
terrible place to work the manager at the Stretford store is an awful boss and an awful person, all of the other employees thought that when i worked there also.
i was overworked and only paid 4 pound per hour and when i booked Christmas eve off 3 months in advance i had to work it because the manager gave it to a Christmas temp even though i had booked it, this was quite a regular thing with my days off, where i had booked them of and still had to work.
the manager goes for smoke breaks every five minutes whilst i only had one half an hour break working the whole day.
This job was starting to get in the way of my education because we had no staff because of the manager so i had to cover shifts during college time.
Great people
Customer service on the tills (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire26 April 2018
Great employers and ok management. Hours were good for students
Helpful staff whatever day of the week to get your induction done and to get a feel of the workplace.
Not too much pressure.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not enough pay
Fun day
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  \milton \keynes24 April 2018
.Busy day at work.
Settling playing with children and helping in play, Art & Craft work,
Learning about different cultures.

The hardest part of the job was to have their attention.

The most enjoyable part was to see them listen and engage in talking to teacher.
Pros
Make sure the child has eaten the lunch provided
Cons
Sleeping, Tired
exellent good for
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Helens24 April 2018
nicest staff and manager i have ever met love them all. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you help someone find something in the store. the hardest is when a customer says something abusive and you are un-sure what to do or say
Pros
good colleges good environment
Cons
rubbish pay
A fine starter job - wouldn't like to end up there forever.
Sales Assistant / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury24 April 2018
I worked at Card Factory initially as a Christmas temp, eventually staying for two years part time as a Sales Assistant & later Supervisor.

I worked with a good team who got on well together, & worked hard for a company & customers who needless to say weren't often grateful.

It was a good starter job for me, getting me into speaking to people & a daily job. I wouldn't like to end up there forever, as it's a bit of a naff "forever" job.

I don't regret working there, & have a fair few positive memories.
fun work place
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eltham, Greater London21 April 2018
an enjoyable atmosphere with friendly staff. it offered a good challenge and got really busy at times but with the right attitude you can cope easily with this and have a great time.
Poor
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead20 April 2018
Not a good place to work, do not treat employees with respect and expect to work long hours with minimal break. Management is laughable. Pay is rubbish in comparison to the work. Wouldnt recommend
management
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milnrow17 April 2018
manangement was poor other staff was rude didnt seem to be a friendly place to work poor management skills and the area manager was aslo rude with xmas temp staff
It was ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff12 April 2018
I worked in different stores over 4 years and they aren't very appreciative, apart from the managers who aren't told. There is not a very good work/life balance, especially weekends and occasions like Mothers Day, unless you're the manager and don't have to work those types of days.
great fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grays, Essex10 April 2018
very fast paced. always active. Great instore training.i worked here over the xmas time. It was well organised. very adaptable to your avaliable working patterns
Pros
always busy
Cons
hard work
Great Workplace, extremely productive
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashington, Northumberland9 April 2018
Through this job, i was given the experience of cash handling and till operations. The most enjoyable part of working here was learning and promoting the offers available within the workplace and also working with the hardworking members of staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.