Card Factory Employee Review

View all Card Factory reviews

Brilliant management; God-awful customers
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loughton, Essex7 March 2018
The job involves the usual retail tasks such as taking payments, restocking products and dealing with customer queries. The store manager was brilliant; incredibly helpful and supportive of staff and was always willing to teach those willing to learn more about the job. The most difficult part of the job was the customers; I have over six years experience in customers services and have not once in those six years dealt with the level of hostility I have faced from customers here. It is difficult dealing on a nearly daily basis with middle-aged women throwing tantrums in front of their own kids over the fact that they may have to face a 5-10 minute wait for a balloon order, or that we are out of stock on a popular product. However management were brilliant in their support of staff during such scenarios. When not faced with a grown adult in mid-tantrum, fulfilling balloon orders was one of the most enjoyable parts of the job; it gives you a chance to be creative with your designs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay

Other Card Factory Employee Reviews

good team
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey20 September 2018
at first was brillliant then went on to where i was not getting enough hours, then they dropped me to 4 hours a week, it was a temporay job for christmas and my contract ended in the next july.
Pros
entilted breaks
Cons
did not get enough hours
good place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria17 September 2018
good place to work in good group and good standard of products for price range. short shifts and good breaks. sorting cards and gifts out and serving customers and filling balloons.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
small staff discount and lack of hours out of season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.