Card Factory Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 219 reviews matching the search See all 1,100 reviews
Do not work here
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisburn26 November 2018
Worked here briefly, good team to work with they were all lovely, Store Manager was brilliant to work for, very good at his job, made me feel part of the team. He left not long after i started prob due to the long hours and under appreciation. The manager that took over is well out of her depth, transferred from another store and hasnt a clue how to run a busy store. One minute we have loads of hours the next barely any, all the temps get the hours and we are promised we will get more but doesnt happen. Cant rely on hours, very poor in keeping staff
Pros
Cons
long hours, rubbish pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort William, Highland23 November 2018
Good place to work. Most of the staff are amazing to work with.
The pay however isn't that good and the hours are either really short and not worth coming in for or so long it never feels like it will end.
Cons
Pay isnt that good
asst Manager job,, £8.04 an hour
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands18 November 2018
Very low wages for Asst Manager, long unsociable hours, for that pay rate, long queues, rude customers, very busy no tea break sometimes, going home putting your feet up
Pros
some low price cards and gifts
Cons
long queues, low pay
Not good place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Craigleith15 November 2018
Not a good to work hours are terrible pay terrible my first pay was wrong still waiting to be paid. Management has not got a clue how to deal with staff.
Left in shop on my self most of my shift.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Short hours
Fun work place nice and easy to get on with people
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampshire15 November 2018
From experience working for the company is very good a fun enviroment to work in close to where i live good flexibility of hours when wanted when normally asked
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Lack of hours
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Spytty Newport9 November 2018
Although i have not worked in the shop for a long time, the store still shows interest in meeting peoples needs as well as helping them with any queries.
Pros
good team to work with
Cons
rate of pay
fun place to work and can learn alot.
Key Holder/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire16 October 2018
Good place to work as hours can be flexible if you need a part time work or a low number of hours per week. I had this job when I was In college doing my A levels and it worked out perfect! lots of over time at Christmas too.
Pros
down to earth people
Cons
high staff turn over
stressful
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Wales14 October 2018
get paid minimum and work a lot of hours unpaid, management are good but no support from the company, just unrealistic targets. Christmas is fun with the staff
Nice
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Midlands13 October 2018
I worked here as a Christmas temp and it was good. Got very busy but overall I would have stayed on after Christmas if I had the chance to. Pay wasn't too good as I was under 18 at that time. As I am a big fan of Christmas, it was a great place to work at this period of time as it was very Christmas related.
Pros
fun
Cons
busy
Okay for first time jobs
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2018
Card Factory is usually busy especially with events coming up so you have to be quick on your feet (have to do tills, do balloon orders and stock shelves). Okay for 16 year olds as only pays minimum wage
Do not work for Card Factory
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire28 September 2018
The job is fine and keeps you busy and most of the staff are friendly, thats where any positives end.
You are expected to perform tasks way above you pay grade, especially as a supervisor.
The pay is awful, the management are toxic and treat you as if you're dirt.
You have next to no chance of moving up or making a career of the job, and even if you did the pay is nothing, supervisors are paid 14 pence more an hour than basic staff members and expected to do the managers job.
Don't ever be expect to be thanked for your work, but expect to be criticized for every small mistake and told everything you have done is wrong, despite being given no guidance and no clear instruction.
They also expect you to stay late during seasonal changes, and scoff at the idea of paying you overtime or even paying you the hours worked.
It took me over 2 months to get my first paycheck and i was underpaid consistently every month, despite me logging my hours and arguing about my paycheck when it was down.
You basically end up training yourself since everyone in charge is either new due to high staff turn over, or is someone who is very unqualified for the job. I recall one day when the new assistant manager came in drunk and had to be sent home on her first day in store. I suppose if you pay peanuts, you get monkies.

All in all, dont work here, there are better jobs and much better companies out there. Dont waste your time with a company that cant even pay staff correctly and wont appreciate you in any way.
Pros
Job keeps your busy
Cons
Terrible management, low pay, payment disputes, no career progression, supervisors are given the same jobs as managers and paid nothing for it, unpaid overtime, poor work life balance, dont work here.
good team
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey20 September 2018
at first was brillliant then went on to where i was not getting enough hours, then they dropped me to 4 hours a week, it was a temporay job for christmas and my contract ended in the next july.
Pros
entilted breaks
Cons
did not get enough hours
good place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria17 September 2018
good place to work in good group and good standard of products for price range. short shifts and good breaks. sorting cards and gifts out and serving customers and filling balloons.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
small staff discount and lack of hours out of season
Busy but great staff
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnet, Greater London8 September 2018
Card shop very busy over Christmas. Pay is not very good at all. Staff at the Barnet branch are really nice. Requires a lot of hard work. Would recommend for students looking to earn a bit of money.
Busy workplace at times with good people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Newham, Greater London1 September 2018
The job doesn't require much technical skills just common sense. Busy periods such as holiday seasons; Christmas, Easter etc it used to get exceptionally busy. The people were good people to work with. But the hours and effort one puts in is not reflected in the minimum wage you get. I learned a lot about people management, customer service and interactions etc.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey, County Antrim18 August 2018
Fun and good workplace, can be hard work at times with unhappy customers and Christmas is crazy busy as it is a card shop but they sell more than just car
Job
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hailsham6 August 2018
You get payed minimum wage for your age. You get your work schedule a month in advance and can tell your boss the days you do and don’t want to work. Overall I would say pretty decent job.
An Okay Job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teignmouth31 July 2018
I was a customer assistant, the job was pretty simple but painfully boring, hours dragged and I overall did not enjoy it, I just don't think it was a job suited to me.
Pros
free drinks offered occasionally from Costa, free of charge
poor pay and busy around christmas / new year periods.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff29 July 2018
poor pay - minimum wage
very busy around christmas / new year periods
messy and untidy environment
many left after a month or two of working
understaffed
Busy!
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glossop, Derbyshire25 July 2018
Good variety each day, able to interact with customers.
Hardest part was the long hours.
Sometimes felt we were short staffed.
Good training, manager was very approachable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.