Card Factory Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

O hours contract
SHOP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Porthcawl26 September 2017
no security..no guaranteed work..no notice on shifts.. called upon at any time and expected to jump to be able to oblige..no loyalty.. job itself ok.. meant to get upto 16hrs, most offered was 10hrs per week.. useless
card factory
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire22 August 2017
A typical day working at the card factory is serving the customers and helping them decide what product is the best for them to purchase. While working there i have learned how to fill different types of helium balloons and I also learned how to operate a till.
Pros
discount
Cons
low pay
pros and cons
shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall16 July 2017
In the run up to Christmas there were as many hours as you wanted, however after Christmas it becomes deadly quiet and the days can drag on, The wage was poor, particularly if you are under 18, paying you £4/ hour.
Cons
poor wage
Fun workplace. Great first job!
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontypridd13 July 2017
The workplace was friendly and welcoming. Overjoyed to have this position as my first job. Management were amazing and fun. The shop was interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed my duration here.
Easy going job
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Folkestone, Kent4 July 2017
Workplace is a fun, friendly environment., from both, customers and colleagues. I was at college as well as working at card factory so i only worked 4 hours a day around twice a week.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
No routine
Fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ross-on-Wye29 March 2017
Its an okay job with an okay salary but some days it would be quiet and not a lot of work would be available and the hours really didn't suit me as a character. You would have to stand at times for a very long time with no breaks but it was okay for me at times. Overall okay job to go for.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Hours of work
Busy, fast paced, fun and social
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keighley, West Yorkshire23 February 2017
This was always a temporary job whilst I waited for a more permanent situation. I enjoyed working with the public and in a fun busy team.

I only worked there for a month so have nothing negative to say really.
good job
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Talbot28 January 2017
i was sad to finish, as enjoyed working here. i am looking to go back when jobs r avaible. i worked on the till and done stock take cleaning the cards making sure shop floor is clean at all times.there as no hard part liked every minuite off it
Small workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batley16 January 2017
Serving customers on till, re-stocking shelves, checking stock, helping customers with their enquiries, making various displays, making sure Health & Safety was carried out throughout the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to handle different products such as gas canisters to fill balloons and various banners up for customer, this also learnt me how to handle this properly and in the right way.
Pros
Closer to home
Cons
Not enough hours
Run and Never Look Back!
Temporary Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay12 January 2017
You work plenty of hours for free, zero hours contract means if you don't work these free hours you won't get many shift - 4 hours a week max!!
Regional manager was really nasty, she would employ robots if she could.
No one ever lasts long, I think they keep wages and hours low as poss so they don't have to pay out on National Insurance and Taxes.

Horrible, horrible place to work, I'd rather be on the streets, jobless and ill. (and yes, I've had experience of all 3.)

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Company discount
Cons
Managers, don't get paid for hours all hours worked, no breaks
Not good
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear2 December 2016
I didn't enjoy my time they cause I did t get as much respect of the other workers as I was giving them which was upsetting because I am a friendly person who likes to get along with people and be civil and make money
Pros
Not paid lunches
Cons
20 hours a week
Enjoyed my time there
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bideford15 November 2016
I enjoyed working with my colleagues. Had to leave as the required was only seasonal. The work ethic of the is very good. And I very much enjoyed my time there.
A good Christmas temp position
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Truro12 September 2016
Card factory is a great Christmas temp position and a fun place to work at Christmas. It's busy but festive and a great atmosphere.
produvtice and fun work place
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Daventry13 July 2016
I found the card factory to be a fun and productive place to work. everyone was really nice and worked really well as a team. if you were struggling on the tills someone would come and help you out. they gave me tips and things on which I could improve which really helped.
Interesting work place
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes17 June 2016
They were good as a first job. Could improve in certain areas. They were helping me when I first started working there but then just gave me bigger tasks to do after a week of being there.
Pros
kind
good place to work
Shop Assistant (part time) (Former Employee) –  Andover24 March 2016
I enjoyed working at Card Factory. The staff were friendly. The work was enjoyable. The skills I learned will be helpful.
nice workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  redditch27 August 2015
Very friendly and enjoyable place to work. Management and employers was all very helpful and kind.
Shop is always busy as its a very popular shop and great value for money.
Fun, Hardwork, Enjoyable
Shop floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartford15 August 2015
Overall I enjoyed the role a lot because you're constantly on your feet doing something. The atmosphere within the store was good although the wage was well below par for the amount of hours and work you could be doing.
Cons
Low Rate Of Pay
fun
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  castleford8 July 2015
taking in deliveries stocking the shelves promoting new stock serving customers cashing my till up at the end of the shift
Pros
great people to work with
fun place to work
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  nottingham8 April 2015
loved meeting new people and geting experience in customer sevice and self stacking.
managment was good and flexible and good to work with.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

Card Factory Reviews by Location