Card Factory Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Found 45 reviews matching the search See all 1,127 reviews
asst Manager job,, £8.04 an hour
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands18 November 2018
Very low wages for Asst Manager, long unsociable hours, for that pay rate, long queues, rude customers, very busy no tea break sometimes, going home putting your feet up
Pros
some low price cards and gifts
Cons
long queues, low pay
Fast paced, fun
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackwood11 October 2018
You are busy all day, using till, dealing with customers , replenishment and keeping the shop floor tidy. I enjoyed working as a team. Fun environment.
Pros
Busy, fun place to work
Cons
Zero hour contact
Fun work place... always busy
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Accrington11 September 2018
Plenty of over time over xmas period... work around shifts as a team if time off required. None stop enviroment so can keep yourself fit.. fun place to work.
Pros
Overtime
Fun Place To Work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear17 July 2018
This was a Christmas temp job but like the others a fun place to work, the people where friendly and helpful and it wasn't far to travel. People were always willing to help in anyway they could.
Pros
Not far to travel
Cons
Christmas temp
Excellent place to work
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gillingham, Kent17 May 2018
Love my team and my manager, enjoy working with customers and peak seasons, unfortunately the hrs r not available and I have a family to provide for,
Cons
No hours available
Fun workplace. Great first job!
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontypridd13 July 2017
The workplace was friendly and welcoming. Overjoyed to have this position as my first job. Management were amazing and fun. The shop was interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed my duration here.
Fun workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ross-on-Wye29 March 2017
Its an okay job with an okay salary but some days it would be quiet and not a lot of work would be available and the hours really didn't suit me as a character. You would have to stand at times for a very long time with no breaks but it was okay for me at times. Overall okay job to go for.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Hours of work
Productive,very nice and helpfull
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland Harbour25 September 2017
I really enjoyed working at the card fanctory i met some wonderfull people and learnt loads of new things i didnt know ,it was a great expirence but it just wasnt for me i liked it just i couldnt do it full time the travel was very good aswell just busses would be late and some didnt come.the thing i liked the most was working on the shop floor sorting out the stock
Pros
Two breaks
Cons
Busses
Terrible not recommended
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dumfries15 March 2014
For my first job it was awful working with the store management/manageress. Did not learn much at all. Only two helpful co-workers as the rest were ignorant and unhelpful. Would not recommend this to any young person, not treated with the respect an employer deserves.
Pros
Discount of purchases
Cons
Hardly any hours, low pay, bad management.
Run and Never Look Back!
Temporary Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay12 January 2017
You work plenty of hours for free, zero hours contract means if you don't work these free hours you won't get many shift - 4 hours a week max!!
Regional manager was really nasty, she would employ robots if she could.
No one ever lasts long, I think they keep wages and hours low as poss so they don't have to pay out on National Insurance and Taxes.

Horrible, horrible place to work, I'd rather be on the streets, jobless and ill. (and yes, I've had experience of all 3.)

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Company discount
Cons
Managers, don't get paid for hours all hours worked, no breaks
Fun workplace
shop floor assistant (Current Employee) –  telford17 October 2012
A typical day at work for me is working on the tills, re-stocking items, dealing with customers and delivering great customer service. Since working at the card factory, i have learnt how to; deal with customers and use serial I.D codeing. The managment here are fun, easy to get along with and understanding. My co-workers are fun, helpful and great to work with. There isn't really a hardest part of the job but if i had to choose i would say standing in a small space for extended period of time being unable to walk about. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with relaxed and easy to get along with people.
Pros
staff discoung
Cons
contracted hours a week is 0.
Productive and friendly
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanley, Stoke on Trent6 January 2014
It was hard work working here at xmas time with the shop being so busy and so small but I still enjoyed working here, Being busy meant the day went quick. The workers and management were lovely.
O hours contract
SHOP ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Porthcawl26 September 2017
no security..no guaranteed work..no notice on shifts.. called upon at any time and expected to jump to be able to oblige..no loyalty.. job itself ok.. meant to get upto 16hrs, most offered was 10hrs per week.. useless
Interesting work place
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes17 June 2016
They were good as a first job. Could improve in certain areas. They were helping me when I first started working there but then just gave me bigger tasks to do after a week of being there.
Pros
kind
nice workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  redditch27 August 2015
Very friendly and enjoyable place to work. Management and employers was all very helpful and kind.
Shop is always busy as its a very popular shop and great value for money.
card factory
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire22 August 2017
A typical day working at the card factory is serving the customers and helping them decide what product is the best for them to purchase. While working there i have learned how to fill different types of helium balloons and I also learned how to operate a till.
Pros
discount
Cons
low pay
pros and cons
shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall16 July 2017
In the run up to Christmas there were as many hours as you wanted, however after Christmas it becomes deadly quiet and the days can drag on, The wage was poor, particularly if you are under 18, paying you £4/ hour.
Cons
poor wage
Small workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batley16 January 2017
Serving customers on till, re-stocking shelves, checking stock, helping customers with their enquiries, making various displays, making sure Health & Safety was carried out throughout the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to handle different products such as gas canisters to fill balloons and various banners up for customer, this also learnt me how to handle this properly and in the right way.
Pros
Closer to home
Cons
Not enough hours
dull and never properly felt a part of it
Shop Assistant - Seasonal Contract (Former Employee) –  Carlisle13 May 2014
I never felt properly a part of it, being a xmas temp and the fact that I was never officially told I wouldn't be kept on and having to find out by seeing my name wasn't on the next rota and not receiving my p45 for at least a month and then finding in not fully filled in confirmed that
Easy going job
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Folkestone, Kent4 July 2017
Workplace is a fun, friendly environment., from both, customers and colleagues. I was at college as well as working at card factory so i only worked 4 hours a day around twice a week.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
No routine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

Card Factory Reviews by Location