Card Factory Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Easy going and fun place to work.
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset17 March 2018
I felt like The Card Factory was a step in a good direction for me since moving to Weston and it helped me become more independent, Really enjoyed my time with the business and the staff around me helping me improve on my skills from my job 2 years prior.
The management was back and forth but when the days went well they we easy to get along with.
Hardest part of the day was the morning and late afternoon when the store wasn't as busy as you had tasks to make the shop ready for the day which wasn't but the back and forth from till to displays when you did get customers was tricky as you always had to keep an eye out on the tills making sure customers weren't waiting and if so not for very long.
The most enjoyable part of the day was lunch time when it started to get busy it would make the day speed up and gave us countless opportunities to talk to customers.
Pros
Adequate lunch time, Great staff.
decent
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex7 February 2018
Wasn't really a productive/ positive placement of work, there was times where I had to what to do because I was bored, and most of the time I'd be told that there is nothing to do. People within the job were un-relatable as they were a lot older than me which then made it hard for communication to happen.
Cons
Didnt have a positive vibe
I loved working here
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Durham6 February 2018
I worked at the Card Factory in Stanley over the time period of 4 month. the daily work included working on the tills, handling money and restocking the store when needs be. I learned how to manage money and i also became aware of the customer services. The hardest part of this job was when the shop was busy and i needed to work on the till and restock. Splitting my time between tasks was a difficult thing. I really enjoyed working amongst new people because i am a people person and i can speak to people with ease.
Great company
Temporary Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London27 January 2018
Working here was hectic as I was working here over the Christmas period but overall a great experience for me .
I gained some valuable till experience.
I usually stayed behind to help clean up the store after hours.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Hectic
fun place to work
temporary staff (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire22 January 2018
lovely place to work over the Christmas period. lovely staff. friendly customers. only downfall is not enough hours due to only being part time Christmas work
Pros
excellent place to work
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace
Christmas Temp (Current Employee) –  Bedworth, Warwickshire20 January 2018
This is a good company to work for, When you are a Christmas Temp or a Permeant member of staff. The Atmosphere in a shop on the build up to Christmas is fantastic, everyone in the spirit. The hardest part of the job is all the constant moving around of stock - there's a lot of it too. The best part of the job is helping customers get everything they need knowing that they are sorted for Christmas
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long shifts sometimes
workplace lowers self confidence.
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs, Kent10 January 2018
I was rushed to count the float and was laughed at when i could not meet their standards. in my application i stated that i was poor at maths and yet they still hired me. i didn't learn anything whilst working there. the management were rude and never kept in contact with me to tell me the timetable when they said they would and contradicted themselves in every way possible.
feel like quitting.
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 December 2017
ever since the start i've hated working here. it drains me out by the end of my shift and if i work for 6 hours i get no breaks. i barely got any training, i literally got help from my colleagues on how to do things. the managers are really not helpful. i really hate how everything is displayed in the store aswell, especially at the till. its so difficult to serve customers because of things in the way and there's barely any room to put things there. everyday i regret applying for this job and i feel like quitting. i have little free time since i have uni and this job. whilst there are bad things about working here, the workers are really nice + friendly. they are probably the reason why i don't feel like quitting sometimes. some managers are nice whilst some i don't rlly feel comfortable being around. i'm literally just staying on for experience and i need money. i don't think it's a good place to work for students, they don't really take that you're a student into consideration.
Pros
friendly colleagues + experience
Cons
30 min break for shifts over 6 hours + little training + very tiring and draining
Fun place to work
Christmas temp (Current Employee) –  Eston6 November 2017
i currently have started Christmas temp at card factory, ts6. The manager is so friendly and very understandable, flexible with break times and days I attend, for example if I'm due to work Saturday and Sunday she will happily try to work round me and help swap my shifts if she can. she also helps me with any questions I need answering and if I need any help she is instantly there.
Hopefully I will be kept on after the Christmas period as I do have the experience and I do love this job.
Pros
Very Friendly and understanding
Cons
only temp for christmas
Not great if your under 18
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear2 November 2017
Seriously hated my time at the card factory because I was getting paided very little to do the same job as the older members of staff. My manger was a lovely person always helpful and so were the staff. I worked during Christmas it was constantly busy but because it was a small branch I doubt it would be like that all year. But even though I disliked it it's given me experience in the retail world.
Pros
Discount, good location
Cons
Low wages for under 18's
learnt loads
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keynsham13 October 2017
i loved working at card factory all the staff was lovely there, i learnt how to use a different till.. a typical day work would of been get in take coat, count float in the till, make sure the shop was tiding before opening, go sign on to a till, serves customers, when we was quick would check the shop was tidy.. the management was lovely.. the hardest part was standing all day, the most enjoyable part was getting told how well i had done, and putting a smile on a customer face
Pros
discount
Cons
long day on your feet
First job
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  England23 September 2017
Honestly it’s like slave labour for those under 18. Working at Christmas for long hours and on less than £4 an hour. Would not recommend for those who don’t enjoy very fast paced environment. Everything else is fine apart from the salary.
Boring and Dull.
Christmas Temp Job (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire3 August 2017
The most boring and unfulfilling job you will ever take on. Considering the pay per hour rate, it really isn't worth getting out of bed for. Staff are rude and size of the shop is suffocating.
Pros
Easy.
Cons
Boring, unsatisfactory pay.
great
Sales associate position- Part time Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  eltham highstreet30 July 2017
working in the card factory wasa great opportunity for me to build costumer service, meeting deadlines and being around different people everyday , it was always busy where it was Christmas times and if im honest i enjoyed that i like being around people
Great work place, good conditions and benefits
Christmas Temp worker (Former Employee) –  Musselburgh, East Lothian19 July 2017
This position was a temporary zero hour contract undertaken over the Christmas period in 2016.

In the limited time here, I was able to enhance my knowledge of customer service, stock replenishment and general retail activities
Pros
Staff, Hours when available
Cons
Zero hours contract was not particularly suitable, i would have prefered a fixed shift with set hours
The Workplace within Card Factory
Christmas Sales Assistant Temp (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent12 July 2017
The following are what I consider to be fair about working for Card Factory,
A typical working day would be starting early in the morning and finishing late at night (usually working for about 7 - 8 hours)
Although, from working there, I was able to learn new things, such as: operating on tills, making sure the store was always clean and making sure the customers where completely satisfied when entering / leaving the store.
Cons
Long Hours & only 30 mins for a lunch breaks
Fun working environment. Lots of employees all around the same age
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London4 May 2017
The work life was much like other work life, dealing with customers and meeting all deadlines by the end of the day.
One thing I learnt was that communication with people of different ages is key in a busy and condense environment. The work place was a very enthusiastic as I was working alongside a group whose ages ranged vastly, but we still managed to communicate on the same level.
One of the hardest thing about working there was the continuous lifiting of heavy objects as there was no elevator available, so majority of our strength was tested.
One of the most enjoyable things was being able to build a small community within our selves through our own relationships with one another.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Could be worse!
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex3 May 2017
Shifts given to the favourite members of staff and remployed despite providing emergency cover at last minute. Left me feeling undervalued unappreciated and disappointed.
Cons
Not enough shifts as they go to the favourites.
productive and fun workplace
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Ashington, Northumberland26 April 2017
The card factory is a good place to work, you can work individually or as a team.You learn to stock shelves and basic till skills and customer service aswell.Overall the management is fair and faithful to workers and customers within the store.
Pros
Free lunches
New opening at the time
Christmas staff (Former Employee) –  Woodley, Berkshire22 April 2017
It was very slow going as it was a brand new store, and I was only Christmas staff at the time so progression was not very good at the time. but seemed to be a nice place if a bit clicky.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

Card Factory Reviews by Location