Card Factory Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Found 60 reviews matching the search See all 1,128 reviews
great experience
Christmas temp - Customer service (Former Employee) –  Crawley1 January 2019
it was great for a first time work experience, very welcoming and inclusive - we were invited to the end of the year function. managers were supportive, with training and support using tills and interacting with customers.
Pros
enjoyable working environment, friendly staff.
Cons
long shifts towards Christmas, standing for so long.
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Spytty Newport9 November 2018
Although i have not worked in the shop for a long time, the store still shows interest in meeting peoples needs as well as helping them with any queries.
Pros
good team to work with
Cons
rate of pay
Good Teamwork
Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London2 November 2018
Typically a day at work will include ensuring that the shop front is neat and packed with Christmas products to attract cusotmers to our store. In the build up to the Christmas period, every evening from 6 onwards, we were required to restock the shop in preparation for the next day which I deemed as a good tactic to avoid restocking products during the day which would disrupt us during the day. The
management was very good at the store and roles were allocated to employees in the best way possible. During the time I worked there I enjoyed working with my colleaugues as they made me feel like part of a team and a family.
Pros
Lunch breaks, staff discount
Hard but rewarding work
Christmas temporary sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Redcar and Cleveland, North Yorkshire17 September 2018
This job was hard but rewarding as becaue it was my firdt job since leaving college and University. A typical daay would include workin gon the tills until a half an hour break, stock refill, pricing and till checks. The staff was lovely and had a laugh with when at the appropriate time.
Pros
10% off merchindise
Cons
customers
Christmas time
Seasonal staff (Former Employee) –  Sidcup23 August 2018
Working over the Christmas period was a lot of fun. It was a fun environment to be in and made working enjoyable, the staff were always friendly helpful.
productive and friendly enviorment
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire22 August 2018
working at card factory was such a good experience, all the staff were so friendly and sweet. I learned how to work on a till and how to cash handle. I loved how much I could be myself around the staff, it made me so much more confident. The shop floor did get very busy at times but everyone was patient with me and the other new employees, as were the customers.
Easy job, bad management
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Birmingham7 June 2018
I worked at the card factory for a few months over the Christmas period. It was good in terms of how easy it was, it's not brain surgery. I didn't dread going in, everyone got on well and the customers were fine.

The only bad parts were the management and the pay. The management was awful because the manager and assistant manager would always go out for a cigarette, 3 or 4 times during my shift and for about 15/20 minutes at a time. I was left in charge of the shop all on my own, and if a customer needed a refund or to speak to a manager I'd have to make them wait 20 minutes for the manager to come back from their cigarette to sort it.

At the end of each shift you had to sweep the floors and tidy the cards, which you didn't get paid for. If the tills were wrong when the managers were cashing up then you'd have to stay even longer. My shifts ended at 8pm and I always ended up leaving at 9/9:30pm and never got paid the extra hour/hour and a half. The pay was really low for minimum wage and my age.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
A lot of unpaid hours, bad management
fun easygoing
Christmas Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne20 May 2018
Card Factory is a easy going fun environment to work in gives you great social skills and is a trustworthy company to work in. it also gives you the chance to learn how to handle money correctly and work a till hands on.
Pros
job roles
Cons
salary
my job
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands5 April 2018
i had to be very organised in this with sorting cards and making sure they were in the right places it was a lot of work. having to work with customer was great but also tricky
Easy going and fun place to work.
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset17 March 2018
I felt like The Card Factory was a step in a good direction for me since moving to Weston and it helped me become more independent, Really enjoyed my time with the business and the staff around me helping me improve on my skills from my job 2 years prior.
The management was back and forth but when the days went well they we easy to get along with.
Hardest part of the day was the morning and late afternoon when the store wasn't as busy as you had tasks to make the shop ready for the day which wasn't but the back and forth from till to displays when you did get customers was tricky as you always had to keep an eye out on the tills making sure customers weren't waiting and if so not for very long.
The most enjoyable part of the day was lunch time when it started to get busy it would make the day speed up and gave us countless opportunities to talk to customers.
Pros
Adequate lunch time, Great staff.
I loved working here
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Durham6 February 2018
I worked at the Card Factory in Stanley over the time period of 4 month. the daily work included working on the tills, handling money and restocking the store when needs be. I learned how to manage money and i also became aware of the customer services. The hardest part of this job was when the shop was busy and i needed to work on the till and restock. Splitting my time between tasks was a difficult thing. I really enjoyed working amongst new people because i am a people person and i can speak to people with ease.
fun place to work
temporary staff (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire22 January 2018
lovely place to work over the Christmas period. lovely staff. friendly customers. only downfall is not enough hours due to only being part time Christmas work
Pros
excellent place to work
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace
Christmas Temp (Current Employee) –  Bedworth, Warwickshire20 January 2018
This is a good company to work for, When you are a Christmas Temp or a Permeant member of staff. The Atmosphere in a shop on the build up to Christmas is fantastic, everyone in the spirit. The hardest part of the job is all the constant moving around of stock - there's a lot of it too. The best part of the job is helping customers get everything they need knowing that they are sorted for Christmas
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long shifts sometimes
feel like quitting.
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 December 2017
ever since the start i've hated working here. it drains me out by the end of my shift and if i work for 6 hours i get no breaks. i barely got any training, i literally got help from my colleagues on how to do things. the managers are really not helpful. i really hate how everything is displayed in the store aswell, especially at the till. its so difficult to serve customers because of things in the way and there's barely any room to put things there. everyday i regret applying for this job and i feel like quitting. i have little free time since i have uni and this job. whilst there are bad things about working here, the workers are really nice + friendly. they are probably the reason why i don't feel like quitting sometimes. some managers are nice whilst some i don't rlly feel comfortable being around. i'm literally just staying on for experience and i need money. i don't think it's a good place to work for students, they don't really take that you're a student into consideration.
Pros
friendly colleagues + experience
Cons
30 min break for shifts over 6 hours + little training + very tiring and draining
Fun place to work
Christmas temp (Current Employee) –  Eston6 November 2017
i currently have started Christmas temp at card factory, ts6. The manager is so friendly and very understandable, flexible with break times and days I attend, for example if I'm due to work Saturday and Sunday she will happily try to work round me and help swap my shifts if she can. she also helps me with any questions I need answering and if I need any help she is instantly there.
Hopefully I will be kept on after the Christmas period as I do have the experience and I do love this job.
Pros
Very Friendly and understanding
Cons
only temp for christmas
Boring and Dull.
Christmas Temp Job (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire3 August 2017
The most boring and unfulfilling job you will ever take on. Considering the pay per hour rate, it really isn't worth getting out of bed for. Staff are rude and size of the shop is suffocating.
Pros
Easy.
Cons
Boring, unsatisfactory pay.
Horrible management
Seasonal Staff (Former Employee) –  Glasgow2 August 2017
Easy enough starter job if you're desperate for money. Senior staff were very unprofessional, constantly moaning about having to train xmas staff. You also need to listen to the same xmas songs on repeat and only get proper breaks if you're a smoker or a manager who likes to sit and drink tea in the kitchen all day. Avoid!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
great
Sales associate position- Part time Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  eltham highstreet30 July 2017
working in the card factory wasa great opportunity for me to build costumer service, meeting deadlines and being around different people everyday , it was always busy where it was Christmas times and if im honest i enjoyed that i like being around people
Great work place, good conditions and benefits
Christmas Temp worker (Former Employee) –  Musselburgh, East Lothian19 July 2017
This position was a temporary zero hour contract undertaken over the Christmas period in 2016.

In the limited time here, I was able to enhance my knowledge of customer service, stock replenishment and general retail activities
Pros
Staff, Hours when available
Cons
Zero hours contract was not particularly suitable, i would have prefered a fixed shift with set hours
The Workplace within Card Factory
Christmas Sales Assistant Temp (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent12 July 2017
The following are what I consider to be fair about working for Card Factory,
A typical working day would be starting early in the morning and finishing late at night (usually working for about 7 - 8 hours)
Although, from working there, I was able to learn new things, such as: operating on tills, making sure the store was always clean and making sure the customers where completely satisfied when entering / leaving the store.
Cons
Long Hours & only 30 mins for a lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

Card Factory Reviews by Location