Card Factory Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate

Fun workplace
Christmas Temp (Current Employee) –  Bedworth, Warwickshire20 January 2018
This is a good company to work for, When you are a Christmas Temp or a Permeant member of staff. The Atmosphere in a shop on the build up to Christmas is fantastic, everyone in the spirit. The hardest part of the job is all the constant moving around of stock - there's a lot of it too. The best part of the job is helping customers get everything they need knowing that they are sorted for Christmas
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long shifts sometimes
workplace lowers self confidence.
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadstairs, Kent10 January 2018
I was rushed to count the float and was laughed at when i could not meet their standards. in my application i stated that i was poor at maths and yet they still hired me. i didn't learn anything whilst working there. the management were rude and never kept in contact with me to tell me the timetable when they said they would and contradicted themselves in every way possible.
feel like quitting.
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 December 2017
ever since the start i've hated working here. it drains me out by the end of my shift and if i work for 6 hours i get no breaks. i barely got any training, i literally got help from my colleagues on how to do things. the managers are really not helpful. i really hate how everything is displayed in the store aswell, especially at the till. its so difficult to serve customers because of things in the way and there's barely any room to put things there. everyday i regret applying for this job and i feel like quitting. i have little free time since i have uni and this job. whilst there are bad things about working here, the workers are really nice + friendly. they are probably the reason why i don't feel like quitting sometimes. some managers are nice whilst some i don't rlly feel comfortable being around. i'm literally just staying on for experience and i need money. i don't think it's a good place to work for students, they don't really take that you're a student into consideration.
Pros
friendly colleagues + experience
Cons
30 min break for shifts over 6 hours + little training + very tiring and draining
Not great if your under 18
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear2 November 2017
Seriously hated my time at the card factory because I was getting paided very little to do the same job as the older members of staff. My manger was a lovely person always helpful and so were the staff. I worked during Christmas it was constantly busy but because it was a small branch I doubt it would be like that all year. But even though I disliked it it's given me experience in the retail world.
Pros
Discount, good location
Cons
Low wages for under 18's
learnt loads
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Keynsham13 October 2017
i loved working at card factory all the staff was lovely there, i learnt how to use a different till.. a typical day work would of been get in take coat, count float in the till, make sure the shop was tiding before opening, go sign on to a till, serves customers, when we was quick would check the shop was tidy.. the management was lovely.. the hardest part was standing all day, the most enjoyable part was getting told how well i had done, and putting a smile on a customer face
Pros
discount
Cons
long day on your feet
First job
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  England23 September 2017
Honestly it’s like slave labour for those under 18. Working at Christmas for long hours and on less than £4 an hour. Would not recommend for those who don’t enjoy very fast paced environment. Everything else is fine apart from the salary.
Boring and Dull.
Christmas Temp Job (Former Employee) –  Rugeley, Staffordshire3 August 2017
The most boring and unfulfilling job you will ever take on. Considering the pay per hour rate, it really isn't worth getting out of bed for. Staff are rude and size of the shop is suffocating.
Pros
Easy.
Cons
Boring, unsatisfactory pay.
great
Sales associate position- Part time Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  eltham highstreet30 July 2017
working in the card factory wasa great opportunity for me to build costumer service, meeting deadlines and being around different people everyday , it was always busy where it was Christmas times and if im honest i enjoyed that i like being around people
Great work place, good conditions and benefits
Christmas Temp worker (Former Employee) –  Musselburgh, East Lothian19 July 2017
This position was a temporary zero hour contract undertaken over the Christmas period in 2016.

In the limited time here, I was able to enhance my knowledge of customer service, stock replenishment and general retail activities
Pros
Staff, Hours when available
Cons
Zero hours contract was not particularly suitable, i would have prefered a fixed shift with set hours
The Workplace within Card Factory
Christmas Sales Assistant Temp (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent12 July 2017
The following are what I consider to be fair about working for Card Factory,
A typical working day would be starting early in the morning and finishing late at night (usually working for about 7 - 8 hours)
Although, from working there, I was able to learn new things, such as: operating on tills, making sure the store was always clean and making sure the customers where completely satisfied when entering / leaving the store.
Cons
Long Hours & only 30 mins for a lunch breaks
Fun working environment. Lots of employees all around the same age
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London4 May 2017
The work life was much like other work life, dealing with customers and meeting all deadlines by the end of the day.
One thing I learnt was that communication with people of different ages is key in a busy and condense environment. The work place was a very enthusiastic as I was working alongside a group whose ages ranged vastly, but we still managed to communicate on the same level.
One of the hardest thing about working there was the continuous lifiting of heavy objects as there was no elevator available, so majority of our strength was tested.
One of the most enjoyable things was being able to build a small community within our selves through our own relationships with one another.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Could be worse!
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex3 May 2017
Shifts given to the favourite members of staff and remployed despite providing emergency cover at last minute. Left me feeling undervalued unappreciated and disappointed.
Cons
Not enough shifts as they go to the favourites.
productive and fun workplace
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Ashington, Northumberland26 April 2017
The card factory is a good place to work, you can work individually or as a team.You learn to stock shelves and basic till skills and customer service aswell.Overall the management is fair and faithful to workers and customers within the store.
Pros
Free lunches
New opening at the time
Christmas staff (Former Employee) –  Woodley, Berkshire22 April 2017
It was very slow going as it was a brand new store, and I was only Christmas staff at the time so progression was not very good at the time. but seemed to be a nice place if a bit clicky.
Well Organised Organisation
Temporary Seasonal Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lisburn, UK26 March 2017
I have worked with Card Factory for 4 months and I have loved every moment of it.

The staff of the Lisburn Branch are like a family to me i would be lost without them.

The hardest point of my job is overcoming my Learning Difficulties when it comes to Money some of the staff have been excellent with me.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
No Hours
productive work place
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Stratford, UK11 February 2017
I enjoyed working at card factory pretty straight forward job, got along with all staff but I usually always get along with anyone in any work environment. As it was Christmas time while I was working there it got very busy yet I still managed to keep my education and work balanced.
Good place to work part-time
Sales Assistant, Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham8 February 2017
Good place to work over Christmas and you always learn new things and have things to do. The shop can get busy so there is always cards to be tidied. Very relaxed and friendly environment. However, you can be pushed to work when not available and only get a 30 minute break and there is no work after Christmas so is only for a short amount of time.
Pros
Meet lots of new people, and get satisfaction from helping customers, and learn new skills such as cello wrapping, 15% discount
Cons
Standing up for large amounts of time, short breaks, minimum wage
Good christmas job
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Nottingham1 February 2017
I liked working at The Card Factory because it was a busy environment and there was always something to do. My boss and team members were lovely and always helpful. I learned loads of new skills that will help me develop my career. I loved helping customers. Overall it is a great place to work and it was a good place to build my confidence as well.
Pros
Busy place to work
Enjoyable and very busy
Sales Assistant (Christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire24 January 2017
A typical day at work was really busy non stop due to the Christmas season. The hardest part of the job had to be the number of hours worked without a break and the number of hours available would change from week to week.
Fun work place
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gillingham24 January 2017
Fun place to work
Hard Working
I loved working with the public.
I worked on the tills, i helped put deliveries away.
I dealt with customer complaints.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8