Card Factory Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 509 reviews matching the search See all 1,100 reviews
Crewe Store: Miserable place to work and terrible retail store
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Crewe4 December 2018
Want to be miserable, work here! Supervisors are working class, moronic, and horrible people. Overworked. Why do stores not have selfcheckouts in 2018
Pros
Cons
Terrible pay, horrible, poor working class managers who smoke
Do not work here
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lisburn26 November 2018
Worked here briefly, good team to work with they were all lovely, Store Manager was brilliant to work for, very good at his job, made me feel part of the team. He left not long after i started prob due to the long hours and under appreciation. The manager that took over is well out of her depth, transferred from another store and hasnt a clue how to run a busy store. One minute we have loads of hours the next barely any, all the temps get the hours and we are promised we will get more but doesnt happen. Cant rely on hours, very poor in keeping staff
Pros
Cons
long hours, rubbish pay
Not the best place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Craigleith25 November 2018
I get paid minimum wage and the manager is always blaming me for stuff that wasn't even my fault. She mixes work like with personal life, fussing about a 50p coin that we gave to a customer with their change when she was really saving it for her husband who collects them. Safety is trash, the back fire exit is clocked off by cardboard boxes. The toilet is sometimes blocked off by boxes as well. Just in general not the best place to work. The manager also leaves the shop at some points to get herself lunch at the shops, leaving me in the store by myself.

The only good thing was that I was able to choose my hours.
Pros
Able to choose my hours.
Cons
Bad manager, bad health and safety, bad pay
Not good place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Craigleith15 November 2018
Not a good to work hours are terrible pay terrible my first pay was wrong still waiting to be paid. Management has not got a clue how to deal with staff.
Left in shop on my self most of my shift.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Short hours
Very well organised and ample opportunities
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex15 November 2018
Amazing place to work... Very busy and VERY rushed off your feet but great for people who enjoy that ! There are always ample opportunities available to progress further and show your potential. Treated like family and everyone is welcomed in (temps) seasonal times are manic but all is very organized. Management are and supervisors are absolutely gems and treat everyone with respect. Full training is given in numerous tasks and everyone has the opportunity to do different tasks consistently so work does not get too repetitive... Only downside is the pay rate is not great at all and you don't feel like you get anything for what you do but all in all its a great little job and I wouldn't change a thing !
Pros
Opportunities avaliable
Cons
Rate of pay
Two Faced People !
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Prestwich, Greater Manchester6 November 2018
Alful place to work will moan at you for everything I was took on in September and let go in November after been promised full time manger and assistant manager came up with stupid reasons to let me go a bunch of lies nothing but two faced cows all two faced all the staff members I worked with all looking for other jobs to get away. From the alful atmosphere!! Don't apply at all would rather scrub loos
Pros
None !!
Cons
Alful staff poor wage all new staff have to do EVERYTHING.
Not too bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warminster2 November 2018
Was okay at the start then you get to know the workers abit more and it got to personal people talked about others in a bad way I got under paid twice and to this day still waiting for my money.
Cons
Too personal
Management are awful
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear28 October 2018
Was not given the hours i was promised in my interview, management are lazy and like to ignore the job and staff are bullys and two faced. If you put holidays in and your made to work it or request days or times off and they give you shifts for them days or times. Was underpaid 3 months of the trot . its a easy job but staff make it horrible.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
few members of staff were friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire23 October 2018
Most of the staff got on well although some got away with a lot. I enjoyed being friendly with customers. A few members of the staff would sit round the back with the manager and have a chat while the rest of us worked non stop
Pros
made amate
Cons
short breaks
very good first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitton13 October 2018
very good first job and I only worked the weekends sometimes Friday to sunday. I have was given uniform and different tasks to complete almost every day I went to work
Pros
good pay for weekend job
Cons
small shop
Nice
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Midlands13 October 2018
I worked here as a Christmas temp and it was good. Got very busy but overall I would have stayed on after Christmas if I had the chance to. Pay wasn't too good as I was under 18 at that time. As I am a big fan of Christmas, it was a great place to work at this period of time as it was very Christmas related.
Pros
fun
Cons
busy
Enjoyable retail sales experiences.
Profession- Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk10 October 2018
The card factory was a fast past retail environment. I was a Christmas temporary staff member. I gained valuable till experience and transferable retail knowledge such as, customer care, customer service, shop floor routines, delivery process, stock check and price checks, dealing with festive rush (Christmas).

I enjoyed the retail sales experience as I had to handle customer care up front. it was disappointing to be mislead about the temporary position.
Pros
Gaining valuable till skills which can be used in further work involvements.
Cons
Misleading position and lack of work hours - 0 hour contact.
Bad management, rude manager and team leader , peterborough
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queensgate peterborough9 October 2018
Management was rude at queensgate one, was rude in front of customers, treated like dirt. Get shouted at no reason.blt worth working there in the end.
Pros
Other lovely good friendly sales assistants, keeps u occupied
Cons
Rude management
Okay for first time jobs
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 October 2018
Card Factory is usually busy especially with events coming up so you have to be quick on your feet (have to do tills, do balloon orders and stock shelves). Okay for 16 year olds as only pays minimum wage
loved working here
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire10 September 2018
I worked here as a temp over the Christmas period in 2017, I got kept on until the following march. I would have loved to stay longer but my contract ended and didn't get renewed.
Pros
fun friendly place to work
Cons
very long hours
Busy but great staff
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnet, Greater London8 September 2018
Card shop very busy over Christmas. Pay is not very good at all. Staff at the Barnet branch are really nice. Requires a lot of hard work. Would recommend for students looking to earn a bit of money.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedworth3 September 2018
Great place to work the manger is lovely helps in every way the staff are amazing, friendly and lovely people. The most enjoy about my job is going to working knowing that I’m working with lovely funny people.
Awful
Temporary Sales Assistant - Zero Hour (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire27 August 2018
I worked here as a zero member of staff, I was called in on busy days so that the full time members of staff could have days off. Was often told I would be kept on despite them having already made their mind up in regards to the person they were keeping on. I didn't here anything for 2 months about coming into work until they phoned me asked for my shirt back out of the blue.
Could be worse
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent25 August 2018
I worked in the Chatham branch on a temporary basis.

Staff were very back stabby and two faced and liked to talk behind your back even with simple things like asking for change from the till. It was very hot and cramped.

But they gave me loads of overtime when I requested it. Good hours. Discounts too. Very hard work but it was good.
Pros
Discounts. It's a job.
Cons
Trekking up and down the stairs to get cards
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey, County Antrim18 August 2018
Fun and good workplace, can be hard work at times with unhappy customers and Christmas is crazy busy as it is a card shop but they sell more than just car

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

Card Factory Reviews by Location