Card Factory Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

loved working here
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire10 September 2018
I worked here as a temp over the Christmas period in 2017, I got kept on until the following march. I would have loved to stay longer but my contract ended and didn't get renewed.
Pros
fun friendly place to work
Cons
very long hours
Busy but great staff
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnet, Greater London8 September 2018
Card shop very busy over Christmas. Pay is not very good at all. Staff at the Barnet branch are really nice. Requires a lot of hard work. Would recommend for students looking to earn a bit of money.
Awful
Temporary Sales Assistant - Zero Hour (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire27 August 2018
I worked here as a zero member of staff, I was called in on busy days so that the full time members of staff could have days off. Was often told I would be kept on despite them having already made their mind up in regards to the person they were keeping on. I didn't here anything for 2 months about coming into work until they phoned me asked for my shirt back out of the blue.
Could be worse
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent25 August 2018
I worked in the Chatham branch on a temporary basis.

Staff were very back stabby and two faced and liked to talk behind your back even with simple things like asking for change from the till. It was very hot and cramped.

But they gave me loads of overtime when I requested it. Good hours. Discounts too. Very hard work but it was good.
Pros
Discounts. It's a job.
Cons
Trekking up and down the stairs to get cards
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey, County Antrim18 August 2018
Fun and good workplace, can be hard work at times with unhappy customers and Christmas is crazy busy as it is a card shop but they sell more than just car
Fun but slow
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batley17 August 2018
Was ok to work for but either too many hours or not enough. One month you could be absolutely broke. At Christmas time it’s mega busy don’t expect to be able to do your job easily
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Management don’t care
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skelmersdale7 August 2018
A typical day would include the replenishing of stock, running of tills and keeping the store presentable. I learned to use the tills and how to do stock take when required, also how to talk to customers in a calm and friendly fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and ensuring they had a pleasant visit to the store. The management was well structured, organised and gave help/advice when needed. The hardest part of the job was the stock take as every card had to counted individually. The workplace culture was good, everyone got along and helped each other out when required.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Not enough hours
busy and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill, West Midlands6 August 2018
I really enjoyed working within a team based job, leaning new skills and having fun while I work was the best part it made me enjoy it more. The hardest part of the job was working over and being busy over Christmas as it was my first Christmas with my 1st child.
Pros
friendly staff
Job
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hailsham6 August 2018
You get payed minimum wage for your age. You get your work schedule a month in advance and can tell your boss the days you do and don’t want to work. Overall I would say pretty decent job.
good, basic
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 August 2018
my first role, this was very interesting as I gained what it would be like to be in the working wolrd, card factory were very attentive t my needs and weee
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enniskillen1 August 2018
yes, this was a good place to work. great working conditions and environment. manager and assistant manager are very approachable if there is ever a problem or issue. overall good place to work.
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire31 July 2018
I only worked at Card Factory whilst I was at college, as a source of income. I would now like to get started in a full time career, preferably in an office, either accounts or sales, somewhere that gives me the required training.
poor pay and busy around christmas / new year periods.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff29 July 2018
poor pay - minimum wage
very busy around christmas / new year periods
messy and untidy environment
many left after a month or two of working
understaffed
Brilliant
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Orpington26 July 2018
I really enjoyed working for card factory. I learnt a lot from the managers and team they had. Was a bit stressful at times but always good to see new faces and interact with customers.
Never expect to finish on time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire16 July 2018
Enjoyed my time working at the card factory, really nice employees but that is about it. Was busy all the time, which I enjoyed but at times there wasnt enough help to reduce the queues, Pay was ridiculous for the amount of work that was expected from you, never was able to go home on time after my shift finished was always expected to stay unpaid for up to 45 mistunes to in hour on some occasions nearly 2 hours, while the tills where being cashed up at the end of the day. 30 minutes for break if you work a full day, which sometimes you never got a chance to eat because it took that long to get your food unless you take a pack lunch.
Cons
pay and never expect to finish shift on time
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield10 July 2018
The other employers were lovely to work with and made me feel very much at home.
I always had a laugh, was a very upbeat place of work.
enjoyed it very much.
only issue was when my contract ended I wasn't given much notice.
Pros
happy workplace
Cons
communication in the workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ripley26 June 2018
A typical day at work for me would be to serve customers, meet the needs of others, handle money, fill/tidy the card racks, fill product and sweep/mop the floor so the shop is presentable for the next day.

Nothing about working at Card Factory is hard.
I enjoy working with the people I work with and I enjoy helping others to meet their needs.
Great place to work, great management and lovely staff.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fishponds, Bristol22 June 2018
Serving customers, filling shelves, blowing up balloons and tidying cards.
I learnt how to blow up balloons such as helium and latex.
Great management.
Big queues.
Serving customers and blowing up balloons.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Short shifts
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme21 June 2018
During my job at the card factory I carried out customer service jobs such as working on the tills. The hardest part of the job was that there was a lot of demand as there was few workers and many customers over the busy christmas period which often meant that customers were unhappy
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad organisation
It's flexible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livingston18 June 2018
If you're a student this' good. Work hours are really flexible and can bend around what else you have going on in life. It's a pretty chill workplace when it isn't Christmas. However, management and training is awful. So many things I wasn't taught that I had to learn from coworkers that management should've told me.
Pros
Flexible, chill environment
Cons
Lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

Card Factory Reviews by Location