Card Factory Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 100 reviews matching the search See all 1,132 reviews
great place to work
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth4 January 2019
Great place to work something different to do everyday. it was my 1st retail job learnt to stock take,operate a till and taking deliverers. The management are top class treat you with respect and great to work for. Its a very friendly and calm place to work. Hardest part of job is at Christmas as it gets extremely busy and its hard to get your work done with so much to do. Most enjoyable part of job is theres always something to do and the staff and management there make your time working there fun and enjoyable.
Pros
great work team
Busy, yet fun atmosphere.
Retail/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ayr4 October 2018
A typical day was generally ensuring all cards and stock that was in the stock room, was out and available to customers. This could be difficult during busy seasonal times like Christmas.The job involved lots of till work, lifting heavy goods, and constant bending when putting cards from the drawer onto shelves. I learned how to conduct myself properly during disruptive moments with customers. Management was incredible, lots of opportunities to add extra hours and if time off was required, it could easily be arranged.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers who can bring your morale down dramatically, but the best part of the job was the incredible team I worked with every day.
Pros
Short shifts throughout the week.
Cons
Longer hours during special occasions e.g. Christmas or Mothers Day
if i could give a lower rating i would
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canvey Island9 October 2018
The management and employees at this "store" are self obsessed and incompetent. They prioritise working hours based on the people they are friends with. The people working there have no patience's and don't want to employee any person that they think is not their friend.
Pros
nothing
Cons
bullying
good team
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey20 September 2018
at first was brillliant then went on to where i was not getting enough hours, then they dropped me to 4 hours a week, it was a temporay job for christmas and my contract ended in the next july.
Pros
entilted breaks
Cons
did not get enough hours
Terrible manager
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon5 June 2018
pay was low only £4.06 an hour for 16 year old and managers and other staff would treat you like dirt and expect you to work on the tills for 8 hours straight standing in one spot. nobody would help you on the tills when it became busy and customers look at you like dirt as well. overall terrible company to work for.
Pros
going home
Cons
going to work
Great work place
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich22 May 2018
Great work with great people and a great atmosphere I was only here for a short period of time but I enjoyed my time their, as this was on seasonal.
The staff are great and always happy to help when you need it.
They give you a great boost confidence also.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Your legs get tired and sometimes taking stock upstairs which is really heavy is a killer
Good fun
Retail assistant/Till Handler (Former Employee) –  Plympton30 June 2018
My time at card factory was fun, but i was a lot younger.
I loved who i worked with the management were great but its not a job for me now. The job gave me a lot of skills i have used and continue to use.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
heavy lifting up flights of stairs
fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton28 August 2018
i was only employed as a Christmas temp but i was kept on until after mothers day, i had lots of fun working for the company and was given lots of hours.
fun
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilkley, West Yorkshire28 August 2018
The Card Factory was a very enjoyable place to work. A typical day at work would consist of me working on a till. During which i would manage money and customers.
was only christmas temp
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex11 May 2018
I didn't really like working there I was only there for a few months before I moved on. it was to unorganised and chaotic. I didn't really get a chance to settle in as it was temp.
Un-inspiring
STORE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford3 January 2018
As a Christmas temporary member of staff, a typical day would be a very busy day. I would, however, only have one or two jobs; mainly stacking cards and ensuring they look neat. This would become very tiring and repetitive. I didn't learn any new skills whilst working there, other than a slight improvement in my organisational skills. Management wasn't brilliant, shifts would become unclear and disorganised.
The hardest part of the job was finding the willpower to go back in, due to the repetitiveness of the tasks.
The most enjoyable part was the social aspect, as I was able to speak to a lot of customers.
It was a fun workplace with nice people.
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford11 March 2018
Card factory was a nice first job! I have gained a lot of experience from being there. It has boosted my confidence and now I can offer great customer service to anybody who needs it.
Pros
Gained experience
Cons
Not a long enough contract
Friendly and Productive workplace.
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport13 March 2018
Starting work at the Card Factory was such a great opportunity for me to gain knowledge about being in a working environment, Card Factory helped me to boost my confidence levels also.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Has none.
Brilliant management; God-awful customers
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loughton, Essex7 March 2018
The job involves the usual retail tasks such as taking payments, restocking products and dealing with customer queries. The store manager was brilliant; incredibly helpful and supportive of staff and was always willing to teach those willing to learn more about the job. The most difficult part of the job was the customers; I have over six years experience in customers services and have not once in those six years dealt with the level of hostility I have faced from customers here. It is difficult dealing on a nearly daily basis with middle-aged women throwing tantrums in front of their own kids over the fact that they may have to face a 5-10 minute wait for a balloon order, or that we are out of stock on a popular product. However management were brilliant in their support of staff during such scenarios. When not faced with a grown adult in mid-tantrum, fulfilling balloon orders was one of the most enjoyable parts of the job; it gives you a chance to be creative with your designs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay
Fun and engaging place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell24 February 2018
Fun and engaging place to work but management could be a bit better overall very happy with the place and easy to get on with people good location could be a bit tidier as well
Cons
Bad management
Fun Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds24 January 2018
Friendly colleagues, busy but fun environment, helpful management, good atmosphere, hardest part was being on feet all day. Most enjoyable was friendly work colleagues, meeting people
Pros
staff discount
Rubbish money and repetitive
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland26 November 2017
I have to admit i really didnt enjoy working for this company.
The money is garbage and the work is tedious and repetitive.
The staff all moan about each other in most branches and its rather unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
The whole job is the con
A very productive environment.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex13 December 2017
A typical day at Card Factory is firstly I lock my handbag away, count my float and sign for it, I sign myself in as being in shop. Its different every day, the shop gets very very busy and with a great varied of customers who get to know you over time. I have learn't various tasks ie: how many cards go in certain racks for certain size cards. Ive learn't where all stock goes and if I notice items getting low, I will top the stock up when needed. Customers often need help especially the elderly and disabled and also the blind people, these customers are always very thankful to be helped. the time at Card Factory goes quickly. The hardest part of the job if im not busy is to unload the pallets as at times the pallet can be quite stacked and boxes can be heavy. My most enjoyable part nof my job is giving my excellent customer liasion to the customers.
Pros
being in the pension and seeing customers are happy, a confident and happy retail assistant makes a happy customer.
Cons
Lunch Hour should be for 1 hour not 30 minutes.
ok place to work
Temp Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth22 January 2018
had fun working here very understanding with work hours and worked around my family life very flexible with hours and most of the co workers were friendly
very active workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds23 February 2017
I loved to work for this company and especially the people I had worked with.
A typical day working for that company was very thrilling and had your adrenalin pumping as they wasn't a day that went by when they wasn't busy so you was always on the go.
I learned a lot in the company in how to unload the delivery the correct way getting to know a lot about the customers.
Management was great they was very enthusiastic and very helpful showing you all the roles.
They wasn't a hard day working for the company as we all just came together a team like a big family and always helping one another out when someone needed help.
Pros
good working part of a team
Cons
wasnt as many hours also didnt get kept on after.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.