Card Factory Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Un-inspiring
STORE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford3 January 2018
As a Christmas temporary member of staff, a typical day would be a very busy day. I would, however, only have one or two jobs; mainly stacking cards and ensuring they look neat. This would become very tiring and repetitive. I didn't learn any new skills whilst working there, other than a slight improvement in my organisational skills. Management wasn't brilliant, shifts would become unclear and disorganised.
The hardest part of the job was finding the willpower to go back in, due to the repetitiveness of the tasks.
The most enjoyable part was the social aspect, as I was able to speak to a lot of customers.
Rubbish money and repetitive
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland26 November 2017
I have to admit i really didnt enjoy working for this company.
The money is garbage and the work is tedious and repetitive.
The staff all moan about each other in most branches and its rather unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
The whole job is the con
Good workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent10 October 2017
Really injoyed working here over Christmas learned a lot while I was there learned how to use the tills really liked who I worked with lots of help and support when needed
quiet and boring
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire3 August 2017
a quiet boring day at work
I learnt how to use a till and blow up helium balloons and decorate properally
it was very boring and quiet working with older ladies
Pros
short hours and close walk to work
Cons
boring
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Card factory2 August 2017
Ok company to work for. Hard role to take working here very high demand in working. Nice friendly store very welcoming to all customers that come into the shop
Pros
Free lunches
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bilston7 June 2017
Was a Christmas temp very helpful caring staff was happy workplace and decent pay very flexsbile hours helpful if got children and staff was friendly x
card factory
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickford, UK4 May 2017
As for being a retail assistant at the weekend whilst studying in college, I really enjoyed working there and building relationships with staff. I felt at home and I enjoyed talking to customers.
nice place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes22 April 2017
very routine place to work. if you like to keep in routine this would be the best working place for you. people you meet at this line of work is very good and fun.
high speed
Retail Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Perth City Centre, Perth and Kinross27 March 2017
Very fast paced work place you are always busy. Very friendly staff and you get to meet lots of people .You are on your feet all day so must be fit and healthy.
Pros
discount
Cons
non-stop
it was very fun and i would'nt mind working there again.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altrincham26 March 2017
a typical day at work is very easy to be honest.
i learned how to cash up tills.
the hardest part of the job is the stock.
the easy part of the job is mostly everything.
Pros
lunches were alright, we got 30 mins
Cons
i did about 25 hours a week which wasnt that bad for me.
sales assistant
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plymouth13 March 2017
really good place to work, always things to do i really did enjoy it staff were great to work with always friendly, never boring, learnt a lot of new things
Can be fun and productive, but not much support from management
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London12 March 2017
A typical day at work would be fast paced, which made the days fly by, but if it was empty and slow going, you would find yourself looking for anything to do. I learned how to stock the shop floor and organise the stock room, great customer service skills and how to use the tills. The management wasn't great, there wasn't much support for the staff and we were ignored or looked over a majority of the time. The workplace culture was great, as you would come to know the regular customers who sometimes came in just to say hi. The hardest part of the job were the conflicts within management, and this would effect the staff more than anyone else. The most enjoyable part of the job was being with customers on a daily basis and helping them with their needs.
Pros
Lunch Breaks, Friendly Colleagues, Great Customers
Cons
Low pay, policies not followed, personal attacks staff, bullying in store
The store would usually not be busy but when it came to things like valentines day, christmas etc there would be alot of customers coming in and out.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London6 March 2017
The store would usually not be busy but when it came to things like valentines day, christmas etc there would be a lot of customers coming in and out.
very active workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds23 February 2017
I loved to work for this company and especially the people I had worked with.
A typical day working for that company was very thrilling and had your adrenalin pumping as they wasn't a day that went by when they wasn't busy so you was always on the go.
I learned a lot in the company in how to unload the delivery the correct way getting to know a lot about the customers.
Management was great they was very enthusiastic and very helpful showing you all the roles.
They wasn't a hard day working for the company as we all just came together a team like a big family and always helping one another out when someone needed help.
Pros
good working part of a team
Cons
wasnt as many hours also didnt get kept on after.
Good Working Environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitley Bay, Tyne and Wear14 February 2017
I worked for card factory as a retail assistant for over a year and did enjoy my job. I had a good relationship with all my colleagues and manager. I feel as though if it wasn't for that, it wouldn't have been as nice working there. The job itself was standard retail work as you would expect. Can include a lot of heavy lifting with deliveries, some parts can be very repetitive so not much of a challenge if that's the type of work load you like to look for.
It does get extremely busy during peak holiday times like Christmas, valentines day etc which can be overwhelming for some however it kept me really productive and I didn't mind it at all.
Pros
Can be flexible with working hours and shift patterns
Cons
Not always guranteed extra hours throughout year, only peak times..
Productive and fun environment
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, UK4 February 2017
Fully enjoyed the Christmas season I had worked at the Card Factory, Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a productive and fun retail environment to work in.
Pros
Discount
Hard work but fun
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear22 January 2017
The Card Factory is a hard working fun place to work in, management are great and everyone is very friendly. You learn all about seasonal cards and products and setting up displays set out on plans. You also operate tills and also guide customers to where the item is that they are searching for. There is alot of interaction with customers
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Alot of toing and froing with cards and sorting product displays
Fun and productive workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MS22 January 2017
Working at card factory was a really great experience because the staff there are all really friendly, the management was brilliant and the job was pretty straightforward. A typical day working there was mainly stacking shelves, working on the tills and helping customers find products. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on the tills because I was able to interact with the customers whilst I was serving them,
Pros
Friendly colleagues
friendly work place
Part-time Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear8 January 2017
It is quite a demanding job and always busy. No two days are the same. I meet lots of new people on a daily basis and I have made great friends within my co-workers. I have learnt how to work to deadlines and good time management. The best part of my job is working with the public and providing great customer service and satisfaction.
fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveleys5 January 2017
A typical day at work was busy but rewarding, i learnt about good customer service and how to deal with multiple customers in a busy environment. I also learnt how to use an electric till and was trusted to handle cash. During my time at the card factory i learnt how to stock rotate and stack shelves depending on what items were selling fastest. I enjoyed working as part of a team and got on well with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to ensure every customer was happy and could find what they were looking for, this is because it was christmas time and busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was working behind the tills and getting the interact with customers.
Pros
enjoyable place to work
Cons
minimum wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8