Card Factory Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Terrible manager
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon5 June 2018
pay was low only £4.06 an hour for 16 year old and managers and other staff would treat you like dirt and expect you to work on the tills for 8 hours straight standing in one spot. nobody would help you on the tills when it became busy and customers look at you like dirt as well. overall terrible company to work for.
Pros
going home
Cons
going to work
Great work place
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich22 May 2018
Great work with great people and a great atmosphere I was only here for a short period of time but I enjoyed my time their, as this was on seasonal.
The staff are great and always happy to help when you need it.
They give you a great boost confidence also.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Your legs get tired and sometimes taking stock upstairs which is really heavy is a killer
was only christmas temp
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex11 May 2018
I didn't really like working there I was only there for a few months before I moved on. it was to unorganised and chaotic. I didn't really get a chance to settle in as it was temp.
Friendly and Productive workplace.
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport13 March 2018
Starting work at the Card Factory was such a great opportunity for me to gain knowledge about being in a working environment, Card Factory helped me to boost my confidence levels also.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Has none.
It was a fun workplace with nice people.
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford11 March 2018
Card factory was a nice first job! I have gained a lot of experience from being there. It has boosted my confidence and now I can offer great customer service to anybody who needs it.
Pros
Gained experience
Cons
Not a long enough contract
Brilliant management; God-awful customers
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loughton, Essex7 March 2018
The job involves the usual retail tasks such as taking payments, restocking products and dealing with customer queries. The store manager was brilliant; incredibly helpful and supportive of staff and was always willing to teach those willing to learn more about the job. The most difficult part of the job was the customers; I have over six years experience in customers services and have not once in those six years dealt with the level of hostility I have faced from customers here. It is difficult dealing on a nearly daily basis with middle-aged women throwing tantrums in front of their own kids over the fact that they may have to face a 5-10 minute wait for a balloon order, or that we are out of stock on a popular product. However management were brilliant in their support of staff during such scenarios. When not faced with a grown adult in mid-tantrum, fulfilling balloon orders was one of the most enjoyable parts of the job; it gives you a chance to be creative with your designs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor pay
Fun and engaging place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell24 February 2018
Fun and engaging place to work but management could be a bit better overall very happy with the place and easy to get on with people good location could be a bit tidier as well
Cons
Bad management
Fun Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds24 January 2018
Friendly colleagues, busy but fun environment, helpful management, good atmosphere, hardest part was being on feet all day. Most enjoyable was friendly work colleagues, meeting people
Pros
staff discount
ok place to work
Temp Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth22 January 2018
had fun working here very understanding with work hours and worked around my family life very flexible with hours and most of the co workers were friendly
Un-inspiring
STORE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford3 January 2018
As a Christmas temporary member of staff, a typical day would be a very busy day. I would, however, only have one or two jobs; mainly stacking cards and ensuring they look neat. This would become very tiring and repetitive. I didn't learn any new skills whilst working there, other than a slight improvement in my organisational skills. Management wasn't brilliant, shifts would become unclear and disorganised.
The hardest part of the job was finding the willpower to go back in, due to the repetitiveness of the tasks.
The most enjoyable part was the social aspect, as I was able to speak to a lot of customers.
A very productive environment.
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex13 December 2017
A typical day at Card Factory is firstly I lock my handbag away, count my float and sign for it, I sign myself in as being in shop. Its different every day, the shop gets very very busy and with a great varied of customers who get to know you over time. I have learn't various tasks ie: how many cards go in certain racks for certain size cards. Ive learn't where all stock goes and if I notice items getting low, I will top the stock up when needed. Customers often need help especially the elderly and disabled and also the blind people, these customers are always very thankful to be helped. the time at Card Factory goes quickly. The hardest part of the job if im not busy is to unload the pallets as at times the pallet can be quite stacked and boxes can be heavy. My most enjoyable part nof my job is giving my excellent customer liasion to the customers.
Pros
being in the pension and seeing customers are happy, a confident and happy retail assistant makes a happy customer.
Cons
Lunch Hour should be for 1 hour not 30 minutes.
Rubbish money and repetitive
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scotland26 November 2017
I have to admit i really didnt enjoy working for this company.
The money is garbage and the work is tedious and repetitive.
The staff all moan about each other in most branches and its rather unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
The whole job is the con
Good workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent10 October 2017
Really injoyed working here over Christmas learned a lot while I was there learned how to use the tills really liked who I worked with lots of help and support when needed
quiet and boring
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire3 August 2017
a quiet boring day at work
I learnt how to use a till and blow up helium balloons and decorate properally
it was very boring and quiet working with older ladies
Pros
short hours and close walk to work
Cons
boring
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Card factory2 August 2017
Ok company to work for. Hard role to take working here very high demand in working. Nice friendly store very welcoming to all customers that come into the shop
Pros
Free lunches
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bilston7 June 2017
Was a Christmas temp very helpful caring staff was happy workplace and decent pay very flexsbile hours helpful if got children and staff was friendly x
card factory
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wickford, UK4 May 2017
As for being a retail assistant at the weekend whilst studying in college, I really enjoyed working there and building relationships with staff. I felt at home and I enjoyed talking to customers.
nice place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes22 April 2017
very routine place to work. if you like to keep in routine this would be the best working place for you. people you meet at this line of work is very good and fun.
high speed
Retail Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Perth City Centre, Perth and Kinross27 March 2017
Very fast paced work place you are always busy. Very friendly staff and you get to meet lots of people .You are on your feet all day so must be fit and healthy.
Pros
discount
Cons
non-stop
it was very fun and i would'nt mind working there again.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altrincham26 March 2017
a typical day at work is very easy to be honest.
i learned how to cash up tills.
the hardest part of the job is the stock.
the easy part of the job is mostly everything.
Pros
lunches were alright, we got 30 mins
Cons
i did about 25 hours a week which wasnt that bad for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.