Card Factory Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Hard work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolton29 December 2017
long hours and not getting paid for it
paid not enough for what they wanted for it
no real benefits at all
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
enjoyable job, mostly nice staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Driffield27 December 2017
it can be very busy especially in seasons and on weekends. Most of the team are very nice and hard working and you get a half hour break if you work over 6 hours.
Busy but fun
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset6 October 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the customers and heling them to find what they are looking for. My typical day will involve being on the till to start with and then going on yo fill product or cards depending on what has been delivered that day. The hardest part of my job is trying to do all I need to do in one day as we are a very busy store.

I have learned how to work well in a team and how to lead a team successfully. I have also learned to have more confidence in my own abilities.
Pros
Good working relationship with fellow employees
Relaxed and friendly workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitstable, Kent6 September 2017
Management are very friendly and helpful with insuring your up to date with moves and merchandising. You are responsible for counting your float each morning and keeping the store tidy and shelves full. The hardest part of the job is maybe the Christmas period but what retail job is not hard at this time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff morale as you work within a small work community.
Pros
Flexiable with hours
Cons
Not much opportunity for overtime
excellent work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wallasey, Merseyside4 September 2017
A typical day at card factory was usually busy and fast paced, always something to do and work to be done.
was always a friendly atmosphere. i learned to prioritise jobs in most valuble form so most tme consuming would be done when most staff was on hand to help.
the hardest part of he job was making sure the shop floor was always full with stock so if we are awaiting a delivery it was hard to maintain fullness level.
the most enjoyable part was being friends with everyone which made every shift easy and enjoyable to work.
Pros
friendly staff, good breaks
Bad Company to work for and under paid
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire24 August 2017
I was only there 3 months and felt under valued under paid and was treat like rubbish.

I was given 1 polo top that was a hand me down and was told i wouldnt get another one .

Never work for this company
Pros
There isnt any
Cons
Treat like rubbish under paid and no job satisfaction
Fast Paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Seaham22 August 2017
fast paced work place can be quite fun at times, good place to work gives you room to grow and advance in the company. very competitive, working as a team
Alright
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire12 July 2017
A backwards company I wouldn't bother, alright for part time work over Christmas but not much else. Barely get a dinner break ever, constant hassle and ridiculous expectations from Head Office
cardfactory
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Cheshire Oaks, Cheshire8 July 2017
cardfactory gives good hours when needed with a reasonable pay, can work your way up easy if you put the effort in. great to build customer service skills.
Enjoyable
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire8 June 2017
Within Card Factory it is a fast pace company with a lot of challenges and changes within the seasonal periods. From Christmas straight into Mothers day, Easter and Fathers day. Many daily and weekly tasks relate to these changes. Constantly to improve the way they sell products and bring in new custom, whilst keeping the old.
Tasks are kept to a tight timescale and regularly checked. Security and health and safety are also high priories within the company.
During the typical day the store is maintained to be kept neat and tidy so all products and cards can be seen with ease. While customers are helped to find the correct card or product and served with a smile and a welcoming greeting. Balloon orders is a regular thing too and this is never too much of a trouble to inflate balloons on the spot or on a set date and time by customers request.
I have trained staffed to ensure they can present balloon displays well and that they can provide the best service to all customers and to complete tasks given to them
When on the till point the cashiers are to encourage customers to spend that little more by a badge, banner, sellotape or stamps.
Pros
Good Team work
Cons
Constantly expected to sell more to customers.
brilliant company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent25 May 2017
brilliant company to work for , lovely people and really enjoyed my time there and would recommend highly to all.
I learned a lot and progressed a lot in the job role
Miracle performer and magician for slave drivers.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lanarkshire20 April 2017
National minimum wage regardless of position or time served.
Constantly short staffed and performing hard back breaking work while receiving a pittance for a wage and working out of hrs.
No praise from senior management for all the hard back breaking work that's above and beyond the call of duty, just more stress and problems.
Not enough hrs in the wk never mind a day to complete everything that's expected in just a few hrs. Having to stay behind after hrs to get it finished. No breaks in peace because not enough staff.
It's a ridicoulsy shocking company to work for. Would not recommend it.
Pros
Cons
All of it
terrible company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 February 2017
What's good about working for Cardfactory? Minimum pay, zero hour contacts and being bullied on a daily basis by your manager. You are expected to work over at the end of your shift but for no extra pay. Assistant manager only get 20p an hour more than the minimum wage but are expected to work at least an hour over every day for no pay at all. This is a company that tells you Christmas day is your rostered day off.
Pros
Cons
everything
Awful company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland26 January 2017
Very unprofessional company and very badly managed. Nothing you do is ever good enough and appreciation is never shown for anything, even after working 12-13 hour shifts unpaid.
Terrible pay, assistant managers only get 20p more than regular staff (over 25) and same wage as a key holder.. Managers don't get paid that much either.
For a very quiet store they asked for unrealistic targets to be met and accused staff of stealing when these targets weren't met.
They provide very little hours to run the store and expect much more than can be achieved unless someone volunteers to work unpaid. You must work 6.5 hours to have a 30 minute unpaid break therefore on a 12 hour shift you are technically only entitled to a 30 minute break which is a joke.
Staff are never properly trained and in my experience the managers don't last long as I had approx 10 managers in the space of 4 years.
We had a very small stock room and constantly had no room to keep our stock, upper management were always on our backs about this yet refused to rent an annex or another unit to keep our stock.. For years.. Suddenly a new store opens with a small stock room, they ask and they immediately get an extra unit to keep their stock, I understand it was a busier store but the upper management need to realise they can have it one way or another (a larger or extra space and have the product neat or refuse to help and have a crammed stock room constantly) and that it's unfair to make differences between stores and help other stores out more that they do constantly yet expect the same standard in all stores.
Pros
the amazing friends I met while working here
Cons
Awful company that don't care about anyone.
Its an ok place to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrogate18 November 2016
It's a very fast paced environment with a close team of workers.
It's hard to balance home life and work life having to come in and cover people phoning in sick. Sometimes working 8-10 days on the trot.
Pros
Goid weight loss plan
Cons
Yeah it's good staff are good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Croydon3 October 2016
Just need a change and would like to spend more time with my family, i can't keep doing the long hours over Xmas. So would like more time to relax. The staff really good,some off the customer can be a pain but that is except when you work in retail but the hours are long over Xmas and it is getting to much for me now
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Long hours over Christmas
Okay-ish
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Epsom, Redhill, East Grinstead, Sutton2 October 2016
Started at Card Factory at 17 (now nearly 21), and would recommend to anyone looking for a first job as this would be perfect to zone in skills. Card factory will ask a lot of you for not a lot in return (the pay is awful), however for those that need experience in cash handling, customer service, replenishment and dealing with area and regional managers this is a great first job or experience!

However, for those looking for a long term job or career, Card Factory is a very bad choice due to very long hours, covering lots of different stores and awful pay.
Pros
Experience/advancement
Cons
Long hours/bad pay
standard place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  essex1 September 2016
I started off really well in card factory as Christmas temp within 4months became assistant manager you can really work yourself up quickly! however I think the management side to this company are extremely poor.
Pros
Cons
change over, never enough hours end up working until midnight with no thankyou
not a nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn24 July 2016
opening up ready for the day giving staff there tills to work on and jobs for the day the workers were a pleasure.hardest trying to run a store on minimum staff so we didn't go over budget so the area manager could get her bonus enjoyable was the staff i worked with.
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine28 April 2016
Every day in the card factory could be different even though I had specific things to do anything could happen that maybe would prevent me from getting things done, but I thrived on working with the public and my co workers. I learned a lot when I worked there for 6 plus years as I was just out of school when I got the job as sales assistant so I didn't have any previous experience. The company as a whole are very good as supporting their employees in moving higher up in the company for example I became Supervisor and also Assistant Manager for a maternity cover.
Pros
Working with colleagues and interacting with public.
Cons
Long hours sometimes too busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8