Card Factory Employee Reviews in Wakefield

See reviews about:
Found 15 reviews matching the search See all 1,022 reviews
Alright
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire12 July 2017
A backwards company I wouldn't bother, alright for part time work over Christmas but not much else. Barely get a dinner break ever, constant hassle and ridiculous expectations from Head Office
Preductive and really friendly
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire27 June 2017
The staff are really easy to get along with and there is always something to do. You meet new people all the time which is the best part of the job. You can always rely on people to have a laugh.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Good hours as a first part time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire26 March 2017
Sales assistant, Saturday job. Working tills and fixing displays. Talking to people and backing bags as well as money handling. This job is very good and follows all health and safety and looks after their employees.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Not enough hours and shifts
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire7 February 2017
Good place to work but staff are lazy and don't want to work. Also not given shifts when your good hard working person but others who don't do there job get more shifts to work.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
No shifts after Christmas although your a good worker
loc de munca productiv, educativ, relaxant
picker~pucker (Former Employee) –  wakefield, anglia4 February 2017
cea mai agreabila parte a muncii e ca se compara cu realizarea unui puzzle si fiecare comanda era un alt puzzle, lucru care ma incanta.
Pros
3 pauze in 8 ore din care recuperam 1, cafea, ceai si fursecuri in pauze
Cons
nu am pareri contra
Simple but fast passed
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Wakefield19 March 2016
Easiest job I've ever had, minor amount of problem solving involved and being a Tetris master helped unimaginable amounts
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Mind numbing simple work.
Productive and fast paced work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield7 March 2016
I enjoyed working in a fast paced environment and alongside a team, Day to day work involved picking, packing and wrapping.

Although unfortunately there was a lack of commitment from the management team due to the factory being low in stock, this reduced hours of my work by the company, as i received emails on the night before work of cancellation of my shift the following day.
temporary workplace
Warehouse Operative - Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, ENG22 January 2016
Easy and good job for few week before xmass time for young people , every day is this same you need pick orders. Generally do not recommended.
Don't Bother!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trinity Walk, Wakefield, ENG23 September 2015
I haven't even been able to make it up until payday that is how awful it is working there! A typical day at work for me was either a 6 hour shift or a 4 hour shift. I never got a break on the 6 hour shift at all as that is the company policy which is actually illegal. I felt uncomfortable in the place the only thing I liked was working on the till but I love doing that anyway. I learned nothing from it except that the staff were bullies and I never got trained to do the cards and I was expected to know what to do. Don't even get me started on management they were an absolute joke! I was being bullied by 2 staff members and constantly felt I was the talk of the place as staff always talked about eachother. I went to my manager and she told me to go to head office to deal with it so I did. Head office were a joke! they haven't done anything about it I asked for a transfer and they wouldn't let me have one and then had the cheek to ask me if I considered going back to the same store. My co-workers were horrible 2 girls were bullying me on one of the days I was in. Constantly watching over me and then going to each other about what I had done wrong. They had embarrassed me in front of customers by saying I needed to 'pick my c**p up and speed up' they never picked up on anything good that I did. There were 4 other staff members I liked which was 3 sales assistants and my assistant manager who was acting as manager for awhile. A lot of staff members complained about her but I had no problem with her at all. What I did find a little strange though when I left was a quote the manager  more... said which was 'none of us are friends here we just have to work together' and also the other staff members weren't fantastic with customers neither they would get impatient with them and tell them where to go to find a card and not actually show them where to go. I thought most of the staff were terrible. The hardest part of the job was actually going in and working for them and being treat like rubbish all the time and the most enjoyable part of the job was home time. This was my first permanent job that I had and I was so happy when I got it now I am just full of regret that I even applied to work there and I have lost so much confidence because of it.  less
Pros
short shifts
Cons
no breaks, staff, management at head office
challenging but enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, ENG7 October 2014
a typical day at work would be to check float in my till then i would check my section of cards was filled up and correct.i would then put baskets outside and open up the shop.i learned about different cards for different seasons,how to do stock taking and to keep calm under pressure.the management was usually busy so i just got on with what wanted doing, my co-workers was nice friendly people and we always helped each other.
Pros
always something to do
Cons
shop was sometimes so cold
Friendly staff and customers
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, ENG2 October 2014
An enjoyable place to work just need more hours.

Serving customers on the till, promoting offers, offering customers complimentary purchases e.g. Stamps, dressings, party wear.
 Ordering and replenishing stock
 Deliveries, shop floor moves, displays and visual merchandising.
 Balloon displays and customer orders.
 General day to day running of the store, excelling to beat last years targets, competing daily tasks, busy seasons and promotions.
 Assisting manager with cashing up and closing of the store.
 Travelling and working in other stores when needed over the busy periods e.g. White Rose and other Wakefield Stores.
 Tidying and general household duties.

Most enjoyable meeting new people.
Hardest part not enough hours.
Pros
Friendly work collegues
Cons
Extra hours given to temps rather than permanent staff
tight net team
Part-Time Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  wakefield8 October 2013
My job role consisted of: till work, sacking cards, stock, displays and helping cash up.
While working there I developed a number of skills such as: being organized, communication with or to customers, being tidy and affiant and being a team player.
The management at the shop were lovely they were welcoming and patient towards everyone.
I have to say the Christmas was the hardest part of this job since its the shops busiest time of the year but it was also my favorite time.
Pros
job satisfaction, team work, bonuses
Cons
kneeling on the hard floors
fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, ENG23 August 2013
we open up the shop . sort all stock out and sort all the cards out it was lovey to meet new ppl on a day to day .
fun work place
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  wakefield26 March 2013
A typical day at work was serving customers and putting stock away, filling shelves etc. I learned how to correctly put cards on order on shelves, customer service. My management and co workers were really friendly and helpful and i got along with them, we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was our busiest times christmas but it was also the most enjoyable too.
Pros
get to see all good stuff come into shop before any customers
Cons
staying behind to tidy shop