Card Factory Employee Reviews in Leeds

See reviews about:
Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 1,100 reviews
Fun, exciting and great people to work with at white rose centre
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds24 November 2017
A typical day at work was always really exciting and you'd see that no 2 days were the same. I learnt how to go on the tills. There was a total of 3 managers, one of them wasn't so nice and treated everyone terribly especially temporary people and just simply spoke to people like they were rubbish on the floor. Apart from her management were great!
Pros
Organised the breaks well
Cons
Could be boring if not many customers
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 July 2017
when I was working in card factory I learned how to give good customer service and how to handle money and also how to deal with the customers complaints. while working here they was no hard parts about it, it was just a simple job I was able to get on with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
4-5 hours a day
Maximum work for minimum pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 April 2017
0 hours contract expecting to work at the drop of a hat
Breaks are 30 mins if you can find the time to take them.
Benefits are not good or none existent on the 0 hours contract.
hard working environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 April 2017
my typical day at work includes opening and closing of the store, preparing till floats , cash handling, merchandising, dealing with customer queries , customer service, refunds and exchanges and ordering of stock. I have learnt many new skills in this job including different types of merchandising and customer service skills. the most enjoyable part of the job is creating visually appealing displays and making sure the store is full and everything perfect for our customers
card factory
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire11 March 2017
its was good experience but one off the mangers did not like me very much i was a Christmas temp there the other manger was lovely and the rest off the staff were really good and friendly working at card factory was really exciting as i had the chance to meet really nice people
very active workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds23 February 2017
I loved to work for this company and especially the people I had worked with.
A typical day working for that company was very thrilling and had your adrenalin pumping as they wasn't a day that went by when they wasn't busy so you was always on the go.
I learned a lot in the company in how to unload the delivery the correct way getting to know a lot about the customers.
Management was great they was very enthusiastic and very helpful showing you all the roles.
They wasn't a hard day working for the company as we all just came together a team like a big family and always helping one another out when someone needed help.
Pros
good working part of a team
Cons
wasnt as many hours also didnt get kept on after.
Not enough hours available for distance travelled.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire20 January 2017
I was a sales assistant on a temp contract, I worked on the tills and maintained shop floor. I also got along with management and senior members of staff in and out of work. The hardest part of the job was not having something in stock meaning we had to let a customer down, redirecting to another store with stock or to come back on delivery day. The most rewarding part of the job was helping people, providing excellent customer service, supporting elderly customers during holidays.
Pros
busy environment
Cons
not enough hours
brilliant experience
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds4 March 2016
I enjoy working at Card Factory, my co-workers are great to get along with. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customer and giving them a great experience.
realy injoyed working at cardfactory
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG13 July 2015
Was a great place to work and injoyed meeting new customers on a daily basis.the staff were all friendly and it was a very good place to work
A very pro-active workplace.
Customer sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, Otley7 July 2015
A typical day would consist of counting my till, putting it out and then either serving customers or tidying the store. A lot of the time there was someone on till with me so i had the option to be pro-active and tidy the store up and try and help with an customer queries that they may have had. The job was fairly demanding as my manager ensured that i always had a task at hand and i would get told of for standing behind the till when there was no-one paying.
good place to work if you can get the hours
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  leeds4 March 2015
making sure all shelves are full and shop is tidy .
getting tills ready .make sure everything is ready for customers..
The management is easy to get on with and work well with all staff.
team work is really good everyone supports each other.
Pros
good team work.
Cons
zero contracts so not guaranteed any hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG5 February 2015
typical day at work been polite to customers and getting to know regulars. learning new skills like working on a till. meeting new friends with in work environment. the hardest part of the job was that the shop was small so got crowded easily. the most enjoyable part was when the shop went in season and it got festive.
Pros
dicount
Cons
i didn't get regular hours
Overworked for little money and generally treated like dirt
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG26 June 2014
Worked as the assistant manager of a new store. Treated like rubbish from day one. Area manager has nothing constructive to say regardless of how hard you work. You spend more time there unpaid then you do paid. And you very rarely get a lunch break as your that overworked and understaffed. It was that bad the shop I worked in lost it's full management team. Most the stores in leeds are down by at least 1 member of management because the area manager is a cow. She will have you do 5 days in your own store and then try ship you off to another to cover them on your days off. Lives and breaths card factory and doesn't think you have a life of your own because she's a bitter old shrew. Never work for this company regardless of how desperate you are for a job.
Pros
Non.
Cons
I enjoyed working here it was relaxed fun and proffessional.
Christmas temp (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG21 January 2014
On a typical day at the card factory I would be on a till most of my shift whenever it was a bit quiet I would put out some more cards or sweep the floor and just do some general tidying up.
Pros
Staff discount 15% off.
Cons
Not enough hours once christmas was done.
good review
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  leeds7 November 2013
good day at work always able to have a laugh with other co-workers.
learned a lot in this job as it was my first proper retail job and it really helped me with my confidence in talking to other people and customers.
management was good the manager was always good to work with and always helped and understood if u were unsure on a task that you were set.
Pros
great enviroment to work in.
Cons
no cons
Quite Good.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds17 May 2012
I enjoyed working for The Card Factory. A typical day at work would be to arrive, strt on the shop floor just clearing up anything that needed doing, then i would move onto the till for a couple of hors. Lunch break would usually come before till work. My co-workers at The Card Factory were friendly and very helpful. The manager came down quite often, almost everyday to see how we were getting on and if everything was running ok. The hardest part of the job was usually on a very busy Saturday morning when the shop would be packed with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be learning something new almost everyday.