Card Factory Employee Reviews in Glasgow

my review just gives my opinion on a few things from working in the card factory.
customer service, cash handling and till operation (Former Employee) –  GLASGOW FORT27 March 2018
my daily duties involved stock taking, stocking shelves , operating tills , delivering excellent customer service and general house keeping.
i learned how to handle money and how to help a customer in need.
my manager was very supportive, i got on great with her she also taught me new skills.
everybody in the workplace was very friendly and down to earth.
The hardest part of the job would have been working the tills but once i learned it was ok.
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people get what they needed.
Pros
how lovely most customers were
Cons
long hours and paid monthly.
Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow9 February 2018
Argyle Street Team are amazing to work with, make you feel so welcome and they all work as a team and things actually get done. holiday and wage are great!!
Pros
overall great team!!
Horrible management
Seasonal Staff (Former Employee) –  Glasgow2 August 2017
Easy enough starter job if you're desperate for money. Senior staff were very unprofessional, constantly moaning about having to train xmas staff. You also need to listen to the same xmas songs on repeat and only get proper breaks if you're a smoker or a manager who likes to sit and drink tea in the kitchen all day. Avoid!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Productive at seasons
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 May 2017
Not the busiest workplace and can get boring.
Not many advantages of working here.
Okay as a part time job but is repetitive and mostly productive at seasonal times.
Pros
Handy
Cons
Boring
Productive and like to be kept busy in the work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 April 2017
Just want a decent job after being ill for a few years I am now 100% ready to give my all.
I'm loyal and hard working and have 100% attendance in my work place.
Can work any days any nights and any hours just need to keep me busy and I will be dedicated to my job.
Ok place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow Fort19 January 2017
Was an ok place to work although as it was a Christmas temp job i was not made very welcome by most members of staff. Also management are very quick to make you feel uncomfortable and be made aware you are temporarily staff
Pros
Get a small staff discount
Cons
Hours could be too long at times
Great
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 July 2016
Fanatastic company
busy shop floor at all times
always kept busy which was great
Stock taking and on
Pros
profession
Cons
busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 May 2016
Position was busy as it was Christmas work.

I learned retail skills.

Hours were later as it was over Christmas period.

Stocking shelves and advising customers.
Pros
Gaining skills in retail.
fun and great to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT27 March 2015
i loved working with the kids and being there to help all the staff as much as i could i looked foward to coming to work every morning as i new it was some were that made me happy as i loved being there every day the staff were really helpful and understanding and made sure that i was getting involved in everything.i gained so much exsperience through working here
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow5 March 2015
Everyday is different working in Card Factory. You are facing customers all the time. A typical day involves, cash handling when you are working on the tills and filling the shop whether it is making sure card racks are filled and gift products are filled on the shelves.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Distance.
Productive Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow14 January 2015
A typical day at Card Factory included dealing with both pleasant and unpleasant customers, stocking shelves and card racks and moving stock from the back to the stock room. I learned how to deal with customers in an appropriate manner and how to correctly deal with money from tills.

The management in Card Factory was very satisfactory. I was always given a helping hand when needed and there was never any fuss if I asked them to go over things again.

The most enjoyable part of working in Card Factory was knowing that my assistance to customers was appreciated by them.
4 hours a week is no good to anyone
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow1 August 2014
After newyear my shifts went down to 4 hours a week on Sunday. The Rota was always left till the end of the week to be done. Ended up with 3 supervisors trying to runing the store.

I saw jobs adverts for a new store same area but was told I could not a apply as their was no new shop. 2 mouths later the new shop open just in time for my contract to end. I was sent a later from head office to say they where giving me 1weeks notice to say the where endind my contract, new manager could not even telll me face to face. Asked the new management for a reference but they said no. On my last day I met my replacement who keept asking me for help.

WORST EMPLOYER EVER!
Pros
staff discount
Cons
only 4 hours at £6.31 an hour
Not a good working enviornment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow17 February 2014
Started off as a temp in 1 store, didn't get on with the staff and was lied about to the manager. Knew the manager of another store and transferred there, got on great with staff and it was generally better. After that store shut down, I was offered Assistant Manager in another store, in which I frequently clashed with the Manager, as she didn't really do a good job at managing. Definitely not a good place to work with awkward customers, horrible hours and pay, and being asked to work well past your time without any extra pay. Avoid.
Cons
The list is endless
Stay away from glasgow maryhill shop
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  glasgow maryhill11 January 2014
i have never in my life been treated so badly by anybody!, the manageress bullied me so much i had to go on sick leave ( which ive never had to do) with stress, went through at least 6 staff members in 3months, i was shouted at when serving customers, door slammed on my arm which was photographed by my husband as i was all bruised, the employees from other shops in the mall had warned me on my first day when i went outside for a cigarette, i should of listened to them, stay well away!!!!!!.
Pros
Cons
Manager!!!
job
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  glasgow2 May 2013
people i worked with were really nice the management however were not so plesant. i learned cash handlimg how to deal with problems with customers and sort them out.
Cons
long hours hardly got your break