Card Factory Employee Reviews

Poor
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead20 April 2018
Not a good place to work, do not treat employees with respect and expect to work long hours with minimal break. Management is laughable. Pay is rubbish in comparison to the work. Wouldnt recommend
management
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milnrow17 April 2018
manangement was poor other staff was rude didnt seem to be a friendly place to work poor management skills and the area manager was aslo rude with xmas temp staff
It was ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff12 April 2018
I worked in different stores over 4 years and they aren't very appreciative, apart from the managers who aren't told. There is not a very good work/life balance, especially weekends and occasions like Mothers Day, unless you're the manager and don't have to work those types of days.
great fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grays, Essex10 April 2018
very fast paced. always active. Great instore training.i worked here over the xmas time. It was well organised. very adaptable to your avaliable working patterns
Pros
always busy
Cons
hard work
Great Workplace, extremely productive
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashington, Northumberland9 April 2018
Through this job, i was given the experience of cash handling and till operations. The most enjoyable part of working here was learning and promoting the offers available within the workplace and also working with the hardworking members of staff.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seven sister9 April 2018
Nice place to work to gain experience and for you to work your way up the ranks and get to a higher position and move on to a better job that is beneficial.
Pros
Local
Cons
Pay is rubbish
Unreasonable behaviour from staff, low pay, poor products.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol9 April 2018
One of the worst places I've worked at. The staff are unreasonable and always moody. The rules implemented by the staff are not necessary. They use an out of date system to keep track of finances causing extra stress at the start and end of the day. The till's don't work and the overall vibe of this job was Stress. I got underpaid by £100. Your better off signing on than working at the hauntingly horrible place.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
my job
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands5 April 2018
i had to be very organised in this with sorting cards and making sure they were in the right places it was a lot of work. having to work with customer was great but also tricky
Friendly work place easy going atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wantage, Oxfordshire5 April 2018
Nice place to work friendly staff members busy working pace
Always something to do . From tidying cards to putting delivery away . inflating balloons.
Good range of cards and balloons to choose from
Pros
Good working hours easy to get to
busy and exciting workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge4 April 2018
Working at card factory was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, and I learned many skulls there, including time keeping and stock counting. The staff that trained me were incredibly helpful in easing the new recruits in to the store.
Easy for a first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London3 April 2018
Not as professional as you think. However friendly environment. Good hours but if you are under 18 the payment can be stressful at only £4.06 an hour.
Pros
Good starting job
Cons
Under payment for under 18
productive
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire28 March 2018
not a bad company but was only temporary work. mostly moving stock onto the shop floor filling up all empty cards holders or anything else that needed stocked up on.
my review just gives my opinion on a few things from working in the card factory.
customer service, cash handling and till operation (Former Employee) –  GLASGOW FORT27 March 2018
my daily duties involved stock taking, stocking shelves , operating tills , delivering excellent customer service and general house keeping.
i learned how to handle money and how to help a customer in need.
my manager was very supportive, i got on great with her she also taught me new skills.
everybody in the workplace was very friendly and down to earth.
The hardest part of the job would have been working the tills but once i learned it was ok.
the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people get what they needed.
Pros
how lovely most customers were
Cons
long hours and paid monthly.
Good staff poor pay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside26 March 2018
I think the pay should go up the staff work very well on min wage but customers seem to ask for alot you would mind if you was on more hours moving things from Valentine's to mothers day the staff work hard give 100% but very poor pay . And also staff rooms not really nice sitting in .
Pros
Discount on goods
Cons
Long hours stock takes and pay rubbish
Not exactly hard work.
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire26 March 2018
I really enjoyed working at Card Factory. You may be on minimum wage as a sales assistant but it isnt exactly hard work. You do deal with the public by being on the till and helping them find where certain products are in the store. I worked in the Ross on Wye branch and it's a small store so it wasnt hard helping people find the products they need. other duties included filling helium balloons which is easy. Product filling which isn't hard as all products are light. also sweeping and taking their profits to the bank whichisnt hard at all. Ideal for students like me as salary did not bother me and the work was really easy.
Pros
easy work
Cons
salary
pants
Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire and Humberside23 March 2018
pushed to the limit no rewards, long hours no pay, no support
expect everything give nothing, if you want no home life this is the job for you low pay just above staff
Pros
non
Cons
lots
okish
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southampton21 March 2018
the jobs itself was very chanllendging at times but was worth it. was such hard work and was always on your toes ready to take a busy day on. met some amazing people here
productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon20 March 2018
most days were good, good atmosphere, good communication and most of all good team work. My staff mates were kind and very helpful when I needed assistance in what I was doing that day. A typical day at work was busy, busy, busy, you were not able to take a breather. You wouldn't usually have enough time to use the toilet.
Pros
good company
Cons
not enough hours
Didnt wanna leave
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds18 March 2018
I joined Card factory as a Christmas temp and I'm so glad I did because I loved it and didn't wanna leave.
I was at the Bury st Edmunds store and consider myself very lucky to be in such a well run store with a great manager and team.
I havent got any negative points it was a wonderful experience. I've made some great new friends.
If it wasn't for the fact a job vacancy wasn't avavible I would definitely have stayed.
Real tight well managered environment.
Pros
Enjoyable work place
Cons
Temp not enough hours
Easy going and fun place to work.
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset17 March 2018
I felt like The Card Factory was a step in a good direction for me since moving to Weston and it helped me become more independent, Really enjoyed my time with the business and the staff around me helping me improve on my skills from my job 2 years prior.
The management was back and forth but when the days went well they we easy to get along with.
Hardest part of the day was the morning and late afternoon when the store wasn't as busy as you had tasks to make the shop ready for the day which wasn't but the back and forth from till to displays when you did get customers was tricky as you always had to keep an eye out on the tills making sure customers weren't waiting and if so not for very long.
The most enjoyable part of the day was lunch time when it started to get busy it would make the day speed up and gave us countless opportunities to talk to customers.
Pros
Adequate lunch time, Great staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.