Card Factory
Information from Card Factory:

Card Factory Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,589 reviews
Found 1,589 reviews matching the search
Easy work, very slow paced
I worked here during the Christmas period, which is Card factory/s most busiest time, even then there were dull moments, ands when there is nothing to do your just making sure all the cards ar ein the right places, very boring.
don’t work at card factory
the pay is abysmal and the managers don’t want to be there. i was paid £4.06 per hour as a 16/17 year old, regularly left on the shop floor by myself at busy times and at one point our manager banned us having bottles of water with us on the shop floor in the hot shop because it didn’t look good for the customers to see us drinking from them. horriblworkplace
Lovely people
I worked with some lovely people but the company just lacks direction and doesn't want to do things properly. For what they want to do they needs double the workforce and allow for true programme management to take place. They like to plan right to left !!
Great
The staff and management are amazing at the card factory in Freeport. All are very understanding especially anyone that have any health conditions, best places I have worked.
friendly staff, and fantastic welcoming
I only had a short stay at the card factory due to covid-19 I'm hoping I will be able to continue on with the role as a 3rd key holder once the shop is aloud open. It was sad when we had to shut the shop as i was just getting into my role and starting to settle down. They worked around me and my children's schooling hours.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
covid 19 made the world shut down
i enjoy it
i loved it at the keighley branch i made lots of friends and the staff are wicked, we all pulled together as a team, everything was resolved wuickly, although it was quite a fast paced enviornment especially at christmas, but overall it was cool. i miss it
Friendly Environment and comfortable pace of work.
A typical day at work will depend on the time of year. Christmas and mothers/fathers day periods can be exceptionally busy but not too stressful. I learned strong customer service skills and felt very pleased by the quality of management. The hardest part of the job in my opinion would be long hours in less busy periods and the most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the balloons!
Pros
Good Work/Life balance
Fast paced environment, minimum wage, minimum contract!!
I enjoy working at the card Factory, love working with the girls, boss can be moody, boss is not a people person at all!
Minimum contract hours for minimum pay.
good workplace
good workplace, staff are happy refreshed, there is a little bit of a culture of who you know here which is unfortunate it must be said happy environment, fast paced, enthuaistic hard working retail worker this was not the company for me
Productive and Fun Workplace
It is great to work at, and the pay is also quite good, and the shifts are relatively flexible, which makes the job even easier! I also had opportunities for progression, from Sales Assistant to Key Holder.
Xmas temp
I was only employed a short while over the Xmas period, but enjoyed being busy. Friendly environment. There is always something to do and shift times varied.
Dat to day
A fun place to work,good team work.treated fairly,different tasks daily,till,shelves,balloon orders,seasonal changes to displays,good break times,clean place,giving good customer service,well practised health and safety,respect,i enjoyed working here.
Lovely job
I did Christmas temp work here and would of loved to stay working here just waiting for a vacancy opening now so I can go back lovely colleagues and really enjoyed my time here
Bullied really badly
My manager was a bully and no one supported me at all . I contacted hr and they did a interview but they never got back to me I chased it up . They area manager offered no support
productive and fun workplace.
Overall,I really enjoyed working for card factory but mainly because of the work colleagues they made me feel welcomed and helped me with anything i struggled or needed help with.We all worked very well as a team and got everything done due to our timelines.I learnt many new skills and now I know how to work in busy store during busy time periods e.g christmas.
Good for experience in a fast paced and stressful environment
I have worked for the company as a retail assistant for over a year now, and in that time I have gained useful experience in working in retail, and remaining collected in a fast paced environment, which it can be from time to time.
You are told lies so you’ll work harder
This shameful company told it’s loyal hardworking teams that if it had to close due to corona virus that it would pay them 100% of their contracts. This was before the gov said they’ll pay 80%. After lots of cost cutting to support the company promise of full pay and after endangering its staff making them work as long as possible it decided to only give 80% of contractual pay. This means everything we all did to get our pay was a waste. We were lied to. As the government are paying the 80%, that means that card factory actually pay nothing. Surely they would at least pay they extra 20% to make it up to 100% especially when they said they’d pay the whole lot at first? The answer is no! Instead an email was sent out saying we are entitled to nothing so be grateful of what the government is giving you and also you won’t get any holiday accrual whilst you’re off. This really is shameful. Card factory made false promises to its staff and expect us to just accept it. Pay up card factory and deliver on your promise. Your work force rely on you. Do not create a company of unrest and ill sentiment
OK place to work
- Very straightforward job
- Great colleagues

- Can get busy

- Can attract difficult customers

- Minimum wage

- Hours can really vary week to week

- Would recommend in the short-term
Felt bullied by my last general manager
Working for this company was very stressful, I felt as though I was bullied by one of the general managers, I was constantly upset , I would cry going to work cry in work and cry when I was and I left the job due to the fact that I was bullied and put down by the general manager
Pros
Cons
Stupid targets to meet and understaffed
Great team
I have/had the pleasure of working with a great team of people in a supportive environment, my only criticism is the pay and benefits which is essentially as little as they can give you as possible.
don’t go!
as much as i enjoyed working here, management is only out for themselves. it was fun to do and is an easy job but you don’t get praised for the hard work that you do.