Card Factory Employee Reviews

Great work place
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich22 May 2018
Great work with great people and a great atmosphere I was only here for a short period of time but I enjoyed my time their, as this was on seasonal.
The staff are great and always happy to help when you need it.
They give you a great boost confidence also.
Pros
Great job
Cons
Your legs get tired and sometimes taking stock upstairs which is really heavy is a killer
Nice new store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh21 May 2018
I do enjoying working for the company. It would be even better if the hourly rate for managment was higher but then I'm sure everyone says that.
Friendly staff good discount and it's close to home.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
The hours are long for management
Great colleagues, everything else is awful
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Teignmouth, Devon21 May 2018
This place is exhausting to work for, shifts are all over the place, it's either way too much one week or not nearly enough the next. 9 hour shifts still only warrant a half hour break. Pay is abysmal considering what is expected of you and how draining it is, no energy whatsoever lefover for home life or socialising after a shift.

Had to chase up my pay for an entire month and I'm still waiting for that to get sorted, and what I'm expected is still a horrendously low amount for the work I do. Make sure you log your hours if you consider working here.

Don't expect to be self sufficient and make a decent wage to live off.

Colleagues are fantastic and near enough the only upside to working for this company.
Pros
Colleagues and discount
Cons
Short breaks, long erratic hours, terrible pay (if you do get paid at all) draining repetetive work.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire19 May 2018
I have learned after spending five years in retail on a part time basis, that retail is not the avenue I wish to explore, as this for me was a role that helped me pay for my travel to and from university.
Excellent place to work
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gillingham, Kent17 May 2018
Love my team and my manager, enjoy working with customers and peak seasons, unfortunately the hrs r not available and I have a family to provide for,
Cons
No hours available
Work Space
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe17 May 2018
A typical day would start with the necessary till and safe checks along with daily paperwork then delegating to my team of staff about what needs to be completed by the end of the day any new promotions or stock that have come in, making them aware of any changes if any and also making sure they are confident in what they are doing.
productive and busy
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Sale, Greater Manchester15 May 2018
Working at the Card Factory was a fun learning experience. I was thrown into the Christmas chaos but the team were supportive. I enjoyed working on the tills more than organising the cards.
Pros
good team management
Cons
long shifts
The team i work with are lovely like a second family
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Deal14 May 2018
The team I work with are a laugh wich helps when you spend a lot of time together
The running of the shop is normally the same day to day other when there is a season like fathers day
The hardest part of my job is Christmas the customer can get verbal to you and some times hurt you it dose happen though out the year but Christmas is the worst
The best bits are helping the older generation they love a chat and are so greatful for your help
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loughborough13 May 2018
Staff were very nice. It was a great place to work, met so many nice people. Learnt many skills and improved my confidence. I would definitely work at another Card Factory store.
Pros
Lovely staff, long enough lunch breaks, decent hours.
Cons
Standing up for a long period of time will cause back and leg ache.
Awful management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry12 May 2018
Card Factory is not somewhere that you would want to work. If you are contracted 4 hours, you will only get 4 each week as that is the minimum you need to fulfil your contracted hours.

You are on minimum wage. 16-18 year olds are paid just over four pounds per hour. You are only entitled to a half hour break after six hours of work. Breaks are not included in your pay.

The management is poor. The manager at one of the stores in Coventry was informed of the hours I could work, yet she continued to give me shifts that I could not do and telling me it was my responsibility to get another member of staff to cover my shift.

I worked here for four months. For the first two I did not get paid properly. I got paid a back payment after three months of fighting for the money I earned.

I do not recommend working here. Don’t waste your time.
Pros
None.
Cons
Staff treated poorly and disrespected
productive
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wetherby11 May 2018
this was a helpful job as it provided me with money throughout college, it also had a lot of different jobs and responsibilities, although this job provided no overtime and was a small hour contract.
was only christmas temp
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex11 May 2018
I didn't really like working there I was only there for a few months before I moved on. it was to unorganised and chaotic. I didn't really get a chance to settle in as it was temp.
Good
Warehouse and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne8 May 2018
I enjoyed working here as it was my first job where I could earn money and I was quite young so the little money I was on went further.

Typically in the day if I was busy I would be on the tills serving customers, if it went quiet I would stack some shelves and make the cards look nice on the display cases.

I cant really remember much but it was good while it lasted, as it was only a temporary occupation through the seasonal period.
card factory
sales assistant/ key holder, (Former Employee) –  Oadby, UK4 May 2018
card factory is a lovley place to work has lots of nice things to buy it can get really busy at times were we are very rushed of are feet unloading products of the lorry
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hours when you have to stock take
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinnaird3 May 2018
This was my very first job that I experienced at retail and it did help me allot, it helped me experience on how working at a busy season was like n how to take on stuff to my future. It helped me learn new things n to try my skills out.
Fun and friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn3 May 2018
Very friendly working environment to be in. Stores are clean and easy to navigate. Efficient in operation and makes for a great working experience to be a part of.
Pros
Friendly welcoming atmosphere amoungst staff
Cons
Hard to choose any cons.
Fun job but not enough contracted hours.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend1 May 2018
I go to work and work on the tills, refill stock and assist customers with their needs. I also help with moving stock around the store and move it into the stockroom when required. The management is not too bad but we have changed managers a few times. I personally think the manager I have now is a great one. I learn a lot in the 2 years I have been in like customer service skills and working on the tills.

I personally enjoy putting the product out but the only thing I don't like about the job is the contracted hours I get and the salary I get. It is not too positive.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Not enough hours
awful and terrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stretford, Greater Manchester28 April 2018
terrible place to work the manager at the Stretford store is an awful boss and an awful person, all of the other employees thought that when i worked there also.
i was overworked and only paid 4 pound per hour and when i booked Christmas eve off 3 months in advance i had to work it because the manager gave it to a Christmas temp even though i had booked it, this was quite a regular thing with my days off, where i had booked them of and still had to work.
the manager goes for smoke breaks every five minutes whilst i only had one half an hour break working the whole day.
This job was starting to get in the way of my education because we had no staff because of the manager so i had to cover shifts during college time.
Great people
Customer service on the tills (Former Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire26 April 2018
Great employers and ok management. Hours were good for students
Helpful staff whatever day of the week to get your induction done and to get a feel of the workplace.
Not too much pressure.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not enough pay
Fun day
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  \milton \keynes24 April 2018
.Busy day at work.
Settling playing with children and helping in play, Art & Craft work,
Learning about different cultures.

The hardest part of the job was to have their attention.

The most enjoyable part was to see them listen and engage in talking to teacher.
Pros
Make sure the child has eaten the lunch provided
Cons
Sleeping, Tired

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.