Card Factory Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey, County Antrim18 August 2018
Fun and good workplace, can be hard work at times with unhappy customers and Christmas is crazy busy as it is a card shop but they sell more than just car
Fun but slow
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batley17 August 2018
Was ok to work for but either too many hours or not enough. One month you could be absolutely broke. At Christmas time it’s mega busy don’t expect to be able to do your job easily
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Management don’t care
Nice staff
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galashiels10 August 2018
Working on old tills made it difficult to accurately price things,the stock cupboard was a hazard in itself. The staff were lovely to work with and were the only part of the job that was actually enjoyable.
Pros
Good break times
Cons
no car parking
Fun but Productive.
Sales Assistant / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire8 August 2018
pros-

possible growth prospects
great team
never a dull day

cons-

unfair breaks
bad management
stressful
lots of responsibility as a young supervisor
Pros
Great team.
Cons
Bad Management.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skelmersdale7 August 2018
A typical day would include the replenishing of stock, running of tills and keeping the store presentable. I learned to use the tills and how to do stock take when required, also how to talk to customers in a calm and friendly fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and ensuring they had a pleasant visit to the store. The management was well structured, organised and gave help/advice when needed. The hardest part of the job was the stock take as every card had to counted individually. The workplace culture was good, everyone got along and helped each other out when required.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
Not enough hours
busy and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill, West Midlands6 August 2018
I really enjoyed working within a team based job, leaning new skills and having fun while I work was the best part it made me enjoy it more. The hardest part of the job was working over and being busy over Christmas as it was my first Christmas with my 1st child.
Pros
friendly staff
Job
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hailsham6 August 2018
You get payed minimum wage for your age. You get your work schedule a month in advance and can tell your boss the days you do and don’t want to work. Overall I would say pretty decent job.
good, basic
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire2 August 2018
my first role, this was very interesting as I gained what it would be like to be in the working wolrd, card factory were very attentive t my needs and weee
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enniskillen1 August 2018
yes, this was a good place to work. great working conditions and environment. manager and assistant manager are very approachable if there is ever a problem or issue. overall good place to work.
An Okay Job
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teignmouth31 July 2018
I was a customer assistant, the job was pretty simple but painfully boring, hours dragged and I overall did not enjoy it, I just don't think it was a job suited to me.
Pros
free drinks offered occasionally from Costa, free of charge
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hitchin, Hertfordshire31 July 2018
I only worked at Card Factory whilst I was at college, as a source of income. I would now like to get started in a full time career, preferably in an office, either accounts or sales, somewhere that gives me the required training.
Poor workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, North Ayrshire30 July 2018
Card Factory have no Job Work/Life Balance at all especially on seasonal events as you could start work at 8am and don't finish until 7pm with inadequate breaks.
Pros
poor pay and busy around christmas / new year periods.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff29 July 2018
poor pay - minimum wage
very busy around christmas / new year periods
messy and untidy environment
many left after a month or two of working
understaffed
Brilliant
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Orpington26 July 2018
I really enjoyed working for card factory. I learnt a lot from the managers and team they had. Was a bit stressful at times but always good to see new faces and interact with customers.
Busy!
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glossop, Derbyshire25 July 2018
Good variety each day, able to interact with customers.
Hardest part was the long hours.
Sometimes felt we were short staffed.
Good training, manager was very approachable
Easy job if your expectations are not too high
3rd Key-holder/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester23 July 2018
PROS
Friendly regular customers
Free uniform
15% staff discount on full priced items
pension scheme

CONS
No official training given, everything is learn't on the job from other employees whether experienced or not.

Employees overall feel demotivated, overworked for little or no appreciation of hard work done.

Management are unrealistic with targets which places heavy pressures on staff, who then feel their voices are not heard when issues are raised as more often then not their ignored.

High turnover of staff, as a result of zero hour contracts, available hours are inconsistent, as the few permanent staff are relied on to take extra hours instead.
Pros
Free uniform, 15% staff discount on full priced items
Cons
Undervalued employee for their hard work
It was an interesting job
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire18 July 2018
The job was fun at the beginning and interesting since I manage to go up the ladder pretty fast and got some nice experience it this months but you have to move on afterwards since there are a lot more opportunities out there.
Unprofessional
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands18 July 2018
The actual job itself is very straight forward and easy to do.
Management would put you down for shifts without telling you after already giving you your hours for the week so in that case they are unprofessional.
Fun Place To Work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear17 July 2018
This was a Christmas temp job but like the others a fun place to work, the people where friendly and helpful and it wasn't far to travel. People were always willing to help in anyway they could.
Pros
Not far to travel
Cons
Christmas temp
Never expect to finish on time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire16 July 2018
Enjoyed my time working at the card factory, really nice employees but that is about it. Was busy all the time, which I enjoyed but at times there wasnt enough help to reduce the queues, Pay was ridiculous for the amount of work that was expected from you, never was able to go home on time after my shift finished was always expected to stay unpaid for up to 45 mistunes to in hour on some occasions nearly 2 hours, while the tills where being cashed up at the end of the day. 30 minutes for break if you work a full day, which sometimes you never got a chance to eat because it took that long to get your food unless you take a pack lunch.
Cons
pay and never expect to finish shift on time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Card Factory. Our community is ready to answer.