Carby Community Care

Carby Community Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom3 reviews
Very stressful! Not a good place to work!
I have not worked for Carby care myself although I have experienced first hand what it would be like to work for them.
I know someone who does work for them and the management has given them nothing but grief. They charge you when you miss calls and when you are sick.

They try to make you work more hours than contracted even when they know you can’t do any extra hours.

The company is a pure headache and doesn’t care about there employers, it seems all they do care about is money.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Very poor management
Awful
Worst experience ever! The training was a waste of money. They mess you about when trying to locate you. There is no communication between staff and so nothing gets heard from the employees and awful at talking over the phone as they are very rude and have no manners. Messed me about and I had been put straight into work without doing any shadowing. Would not recommend!!
Terrible company
Carby is one of the worse places ive ever worked. With long hours on minimum pay. No Travel time is paid and they expect you to travel between postcodes all day e.g Bromley to Penge and then to Beckenham. I would Turn up to clients and there would be another carer there already or just no carer at all to do double handed clients and then being told to do them on your own. They constantly Fine the carers for calls if the carers are unable to make them and are extremely unsympathetic to an emergency if you need time off or if you are unwell. They harass you constantly to cover work and if you say no they drop your hours to minimum. Management is cold and disorganised. They show absolutely no appreciation for the hard work carers put in. There is no structure and no understanding. If you are new to care the in house training is abismal and shoddy, however on the odd occasion we would go to a outsourced training class they did tend to be quite informative. I would steer completely clear of this company the turn over they have for staff is constant but no surprise from how they treat their staff. Management only see to care about one thing and that is money. Would warn any carer wanting to enter the health and social care industry to go elsewhere.
Pros
Outsourced training
Cons
Long hours, bad management, fines