Capital One Employee Reviews

Found 75 reviews matching the search See all 7,458 reviews
Breeding Ground For Extra-Marital Affairs
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire11 April 2019
The brand pretends to be ethical about doing the right thing for banking, the customers and the community but so many of the senior staff are without morals - It's a smoke and mirrors act.. Don't touch this place. Toxic atmosphere
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Some really clueless people in very senior positions
Casual
Admin (Former Employee) –  Leeds23 January 2019
Filled in for someone so was not there long enough to give a full review on the company as a whole, I enjoyed the work experience. It was a shift from what I am used to.
Overall poor
Specialist Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire1 December 2018
Bad management, poor training, treated like a child, just a number, poor IT network, good canteen, good pension, if you think outside the box your not welcomed.
Pros
Pay canteen pension
Cons
Long hours, management poor
Senior Vendor Liaison Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire018 September 2018
One of the best companies in Nottingham to work for great perks and great work life balance. The training was excellent and managers are very supportive with career progression.
Really understands work/life balance
Exstream Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham8 August 2018
I was working here as a contractor for 12 months and can honestly say it was the first time I seriously considered giving up contracting to go back to permanent employment.

There was very little in the way of office politics and as a whole the company is focused on serving their customers, putting customers first and getting the job done.

In the end I didn't go for a permanent role but that was because of distance, no reflection on the company.
Fun, incredibly fast paced
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham City Centre, Nottinghamshire26 July 2018
The days were random and very fast paced, you'd start by having a team meeting then move immediately into lunch, then into work as door to door fundraisers.
I learnt that confidence is incredibly key and the "Law of Averages" is with me all the time.
Management were very skilled and very capable, however individual team leaders did have many occasions of questionable behaviour and view of safety.
The hardest part of the job was finding people willing to join your fundraising, as you were expected to fetch in at least 3 per work day.
Best part was the travelling, going everywhere was fairly fun, but fairly daunting as you would end up in places tens of miles away.
Pros
Lots of Travel, potential for high earnings and management positions
Cons
Exhausting and paid by how many sales you made, not by how long you have worked there
Poorly Organised.
N/A (Former Employee) –  London5 June 2018
Sadly the IT management really didn't have much of a clue how to manage the team and organise things properly with an ITIL strategy.

People wouldn't answer e-mails or phone calls, being left in the dark on important projects etc.
Pros
None really.
Cons
Disorganised.
fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire29 May 2018
good place to work if you can take the hard knocks of door to door sales.

the boss in nottingham is awesome and helps keeps all kinds of spirits lifted
Pros
brilliant plan and people
Cons
door to door
Caring environment
Complaints Senior CoOrdinator (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire2 May 2018
I was dealing with customers and their queries and complaints. It was enjoyable trying to help them as much as possible. Caring workplace with friendly people.
As it was
Agile Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire2 April 2018
Management and their 'processes' for the business was a concern when I was there, hopefully it has changed. Friendly people. Some very knowledgeable, highly skilled people.
New area of work tested
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Nottingham16 March 2018
Was seeing if a marketing was for me - this was a self employed role attending venues and marketing monthly donations to charity representing. Only paid when people signed up. Discovered this was not my cup of tea & decided to leave.
Pros
gained experience in marketing
Cons
long hours & lots of driving
Good work/life balance
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire21 February 2018
A great place to work if you are in the right team and at the right level.

The benefits are good and the day to day atmosphere positive. Great office space!
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Cliques
IT Associate (Former Employee) –  Nottingham11 February 2018
Fantastic company to work for. You feel valued as an employee and are given many opportunities for self improvement. A healthy work life balance is promoted.
Pros
On site restaurant
Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire22 December 2017
Was basically not worth my time worked a lot of hours and didn't get paid what I hoped for. Staff was quite rude sometimes and quite idtimadating. Long hours spent in the car also And didn't quite feel like I learn to a lot from working here than what I thought I would off done
Pros
Met lots of nice peole
Cons
worked under very well experienced manager
Payment Assistant (Former Employee) –  nottingham, UK21 November 2017
its was a learning stage and was very lucky to have such a well experienced manager who did not leave any possible to teach us the best way get out best and to work in team. I learned the importants of team sprite in capital one
Pros
lots of gifts and apprication
Cons
nothing much
Fast paced but fun
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire13 November 2017
Very hard work
Customer focused
Team work
Very varied work streams and switching between several different ones by the hour
Loved the camaraderie and willingness to help the team
Amazing work culture, benefits and team building
Really enjoyed queries where I could go the extra mile to help customers
Happy
Data (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire4 November 2017
Benefits are good and the office is nice. Work life balance is good and flexible working is accepted. Environment is great with opportunities to expand your role.
Contractor position that turned in to a full time position.
PPI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire6 October 2017
in the mornings we would review our workload for the day and start working cases. We evaluated information for PPI claims and worked out whether or not to issue a refund.
Worst place to work. Bullying style management
Complaints Resolution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire15 September 2017
PPI managers are bullies as they are not confident to talk to new starters, they had to send a middle man to pass the smallest message. No people skills as they are big headed managers. Its the worst places I have worked in my entire life. Most stressful place.
Pros
none at all
Cons
PPI managers have no people skills.
Fun and Exciting Enviroment
Brand Ambassador to Core Leader (Former Employee) –  Nottingham31 July 2017
This is a great place to work if you are looking to start from the bottom and work hard to become top earner, the people who work there are very welcoming and are brilliant to work with.
Pros
Chance to progress and Great Enviroment
Cons
Comission Based Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capital One. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K