Capital Hair and Beauty

Capital Hair and Beauty Employee Reviews

Great but with important cons
Working in this industry and for Capital is fun, fast paced, rewarding and entertaining. I love the job, the team, the Store Manager and higher management.

There are wonderful perks to working for Capital, such as... Discount, training, free samples, bonuses for the team and not just the management, networking and of course your team if they are correctly looked after.

The important negatives I find are Progression and Pay. It would be great to be given the opportunity to work towards more, such as actual management qualifications while working here, or to be recognised more for working hard and improving, or doing your job well and succeeding, or gaining a pay rise and not just being told no because the store isn't in a certain bracket. This can leave staff feeling undervalued or loosing their drive.

If any member of staff requests something, if should be looked into, and the outcome not just assumed which ends with the request being denied.

That being said, wonderful company with great people and an interesting job which is ever changing, I would recommend highly.
Pros
Training, discount, networking, hours.
Cons
Pay, Progression
A typical day consisted of packing parcels and making sure they were sent out in the correct batch. We would have to pick out items as the order stated and pack them in the fast paste work environment because some parcels were next day delivery. The hardest part of the job was working during the colder months, being on your feet from 9-5 in a cold warehouse.
Fun place to work.
I had a good time working a Capital Hair and Beauty.

The team in the Brighton store welcomed me as soon as I started and made my time really enjoyable.
Poor Company to work for!
I am highly disappointed with this company, they failed to provide me any support after my Father passed away a few months ago, not even a sympathy card.
Due to poor management, lies, manipulation and uncompassionate behaviour, I have been forced to leave on bad terms, however it was the BEST thing I ever did!
5 February 2020
At Capital (Hair and Beauty) Ltd we respect that ex-employees have a right to express how they feel on leaving the business by posting reviews on Indeed.
However, as a highly reputable employer with a right to reply, we wish to make it clear to any prospective new employee that we are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment.

All employees and any job applicant will receive equal treatment and our policies in place set out our approach to equal opportunities and the avoidance of discrimination at work.

This also includes our Anti-harassment and Bullying Policy.

We take a strict approach to any breaches of our Equal Opportunities policy, which will be dealt with formally if proven

In response to this post the contents and any claims made are totally refuted.

To see more about Capital please visit the Company website at https://www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk/vacancies. Here you will find further information about our job opportunities and learn how you could be part of a great team in a highly successful Company, the largest wholesale supplier of hair & beauty products in the UK.

Capital hair and beauty Brierley Hill
Management is disgraceful, relying on her employees to do their job for them. Does nothing but talk inappropriately about customers and other employees. Speaks to employees like absolute rubbish. Previous employees bullied into handing in their notice. If your face doesn't fit you wont be appreciated!

And still a family business too!
Bad company. Don’t work here!
•Bad management
•Poor pay

•Not flexible

•Unappreciated

•Make you sit there when your Mother dies to wait for approval from head office to go home

WHAT MORE CAN YOU SAY?

Get treated poorly
Don't treat you well, and dont appreciate what you really do. Block your account once you have left. Management bullied staff which lead to me quitting due to the reasons made me ill with stress. Dont care about staff, do not work for this company, salary is ok however only part time hours so cant afford to live off it, the perks of the job are laughable not even worth it.

Horrendous!
Never have I experienced such a badly managed company.
MANIPULATIVE BULLIES!

God forbid you loose a parent whilst employed by this company, you’ll be given 2 days to grieve and then the harassment begins.

This company wants to be bigger and better by the year but forgets how to practise their own code of conduct. Shameful to say the least!
Pros
None!
Cons
Lack of people skills & compassion

Terrible
More Drama than any soap opera. Every day was Torture management poor, Daily dramas usually by management. Customer service none excistance. . Staff used and abused . Just a slave to money hungry company

Loved working here
Loved working here until something changed which then changed the whole dynamics.
Pros
Main boss in lincoln is amazing
Cons
His sidekick is what puts most off
Working at Capital
Capital is a very busy shop working for the company for so long I have learnt a lot,I work great as a team playing have trained many staff up to full standard,showing them how to register new customers and full training when it comes to goods in. I am highly appreciated not just in Eastbourne but most of the stores in the south east as I travel to set new store which are opening as I am very good at visual thinking which is a very big part in day to day of working at Capital.
I also do stock control which every month we have PI counts this we have to do it keeps the stock right I do enjoy my job I’ve been there many years but I need a new challenge and working for Zara is something I’ve always wanted to do.
Pros
We also get to try new products which come on to the market
Cons
Hours are good I am happy with them but the money in poor
Awful
Never happy horrid management used as a warehouse not bothered about customer service. Money oriented minimum wage, and if the till wasn’t correct u have to pay out your own money disgusting
Pros
Cons
Rude

And still a family business too!
Don't look after their staff very well
Lovely team in the head office but it felt like the directors/management didnt support staff very well and basically did the bare minimum e.g low pay, average number annual leave days, felt like they didn't want you to achieve your bonus. Also the warehouse wasn't in a very good condition e.g. run down office, staff area needed refitting, not all safety equipment appeared to be provided.
Pros
Good staff discount. Free products. Good team to work with
Cons
Pay. Low morale
Excellent Employers
I worked at Capital Hair and Beauty for just over a year at HQ, I found Capital to be excellent employers. Sadly I am leaving my role due to relocating but would otherwise have stayed on.

I feel I've had the chance to really make the role my own and develop professionally.

The Head Office team and the store staff I have met are dedicated and hardworking and it's a great environment to work in.

Management have been fantastic to work alongside and have listened to my suggestions and thoughts and put them into practice, so I've really felt listened to in my time here.

I would definitely recommend Capital as a good place to work!
Pros
Great Team, good culture, variety in role and management.
Cons
Location of HQ isn't very central.
Dont waste your time
I worked here for 8 months. Was on a 9 hour contract but worked 40 hours. They refused to give me a 40 hour contract but wanted me to work like 40 hours. Management is a complete joke sit on there bum all day shout at you. One time i actually had the manager shout at my face! Cashier are made to do everything!!! Work till 8 no cameras so no security at all. Most of the time u dont get a lunch. Pay is pittyfull . I really enjoyed my actual job as in what i did had such a passion this company and pathetic managment killed this for me. After i left they asked why i told them and nothing was done no care at all. Your just a number not a individual.
Lovely place to work
I thoroughly enjoyed this job whilst I was studying. It gave me a steady income, and varied experience to carry with me through the rest of my working life.
Not many pros
Low salary and very little room to progress within the company. Awkward office atmosphere with the constantly feeling that someone is watching over your shoulder.
Pros
Modern office. Staff discount on products
Cons
Few employee benefits. Poor interaction between directors and employees
not good
the company needs to supply items to the work force if needed. there at capital this didnt happen. ie broom , steal toe caps , uniform. a clean canteen/lunch room
Fun place
I loved working with all the different beauty and hair products. My co workers were amazing and we all got on very well. Meeting and greeting customers everyday was very enjoyable as I love to meet new people and I loved helping them with what they needed.
Pros
Co workers and customers
Cons
A typical day at work in Capital hair and beauty:
As a customer service advisor it important for me to communicate with customers wether it be through telephone, by e-mail, fax,
face-to-face. I mostly deal with customers face-to-face.

One part of the role could be to help customers with product selection, or deal with after sales care. Solving customer's problems and helping them with their product or service can be enormously satisfying. On the other hand i also often deal with complaints and will be required to calm and satisfy angry or even aggressive customers.

Entering data onto a computer system, either while on the phone with the customer may form part of the role. Good keyboard skills are therefore required as well as a keen eye for detail.