Capital Group

Capital Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
fast pace , lovely people, spend on their employees, respectful culture, long hours, lots of external guests, lots of functions, nice place to work, spacious office.
Typical company where they let people with no experience into key roles with no knowledge of the role. Did not push with hard sales or have a structure.
It's a great place to work and attracts top talent and values your individual views. It felt more like a family and was a very rewarding place to work.
Ceased Trading due to difficult trading conditions and cash flow difficulties. The Printing side of the company brought the company down due to cash flow difficulties and continuous expansion did not help as the more the company expanded!
A group of staff fight among themselves to allocate themselves jobs and overtime.Shunter means fueller.And you fuel buses non stop for 7 hours.Avoidif you value your health and safety.
Pros
Cons
Shunter jobs only for old staff anybody else are cleaners or fueller whether you have a pcv or not.
Capital Group is brilliant at allowing their staff the chance to try out new job roles. For instance, my colleague used to be in IT and was given the opportunity to train as an internal auditor. If she didn't like this new role, she could easily go back to working in IT. Having this flexibility really helps to keep work-life interesting and exciting but still maintain the safety of knowing that these changes can be undone.
Severe lack of structure and audit/data quality processes. Slow to change and opportunities are rare. Very good training programs on offer however
Pros
Benefits, Culture
Cons
Management, Structure
No two days are every the same, I have a varied and interesting role.I would not have stayed so long with this company if my role remained the same from when I first started.
Mainly responsible for managing your own day, expected to work extra hours when busy, but also flexibility in working hours when pressure was off. Team players willing to help each other and good fun to be around.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Occasional long hours
All I can say is its a job at the end of the day, but the promises the managers make and don't follow through is horrendous, I was told go to college get your qualifications and you will get a pay rise, i did my part but still didn't get nothing, the hours are appalling, you basically need no life for this job, when i first joined it was an exciting new role and new start at something in life, different trade and all that but working there breaks your heart and takes it out of you, i wouldn't like to recommend this company to anyone really, its a shame really because the different fields this company are involved in like heating, air conditioning,commercial, industrial, retail and etc;

Also involves alot of travelling
Pros
Travel if you dont mind it
Cons
The pay, The hours, Management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Capital Group?
I have no previous experience of working in payroll. (----------) Gave me the opportunity and I have learned a lot from tax code to queries and I have the best managers around me and extremely co-operative colleagues. The part I enjoy most in my position is to deal with payroll queries and giving best customer service anyone can ask for.
Pros
free lunch every friday plus company bonus