Capita Resourcing Pay & Benefits reviews

Good Place to Work
Rapid Deployment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire31 March 2018
Busy Call Centre Environment, Good 0pportunities for progression and I have learned lots of different skills. Hardest Part of the role dealing with unhappy customers. Enjoyable Part of the Job is being able to sort out customer concerns and solve their queries.
Pros
Good Benefits, Free Parking
Cons
Long Hours
great company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 March 2018
great people and interesting environment to work in.

with long term prospects and career progression

this job as plenty of benefits every Friday the whole team socializes
Don't bother
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Berkshire9 May 2017
There is three things i love about working here...

the people you work with (not including mangerials), the fact it is opposite the train station and the last being, that it is close to the town centre.

the job i quite enjoy.. but everything else is not worth it!

you can't get a pay rise and they have made quite a few departments redundant however the new CEO rocks in the office in Christian Louboutins!

Very poor management, poor salary, they dont look out for you and everything is looking after themselves.
Pros
the people
Cons
everything
Good flexibility
Learner Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wales9 May 2016
I have never been without work whilst working with Capita Education Resourcing. The pay is pretty reasonable however, you have to register with an umbrella company and as such, they take a cut of your pay each week for no apparent reason!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Umbrella companies
Supply Teacher Agency
Supply Teacher (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG29 August 2015
Well-established company / The company works very well to provide you with work-placements / Generous pay / Very friendly and easy-going
Pros
Generous pay
Cons
No permanent contract, but long placements are possible
Detainee custody officer
Dco (Former Employee) –  Glasgow28 December 2014
Long hours no finish time!
Management poor (jobs for the boys)
Staff back bite and not a good place to work
Will believe the detainees before you so you can be on the dole in a minute the investigation training is poor for managers .

Do not work in glasgow as a DCO
Pros
Nil
Cons
Poor managers long hours
Assessor
Assessor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield11 March 2014
Typically, first checking through internal emails to see if there were any Council regulation updates (constantly changing - always in briefings) or any other changes regarding work.

Scanning through claims according to a plethora of Council legislation and rules, then assessing and [maybe] awarding Housing and Council Tax Benefits.

In our large open office the working atmosphere was terrible- many people even visiting the place mentioned ignorant staff, and there was a backstabbing climate, a culture of cliqueyness and being constantly watched by managers [who were some of the worst culprits] so as we didn't socialise with colleagues. That was frowned upon (by the floor manager in particular)- even if only to exchange pleasantries whilst fetching printwork.

Capita as an employer always pushed staff relentlessly to deliver both maximum productivity AND accuracy amidst the constant rule changes! Blood from a stone. Not to mention humiliating staff by asking them to ring claimants to say sorry for mistakes!

I disliked the office atmosphere intensely, and staff morale in general, due to the above and unreasonable demands regarding the actual claims, was very low.
Pros
Flexitime
Cons
Cliques, low pay, Capitas ethic
Productive and fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG24 December 2013
This company is really good with giving employees jobs on daily basis. All information given on the phone when a job has been given to an employee. Must register !!!
Pros
Accommodation paid, Good salary pay
Cons
Travelling long distances sometimes
An enjoyable yet challenging workplace
BENEFITS ASSESSOR (Current Employee) –  Carlisle21 October 2013
I currently work for Capita as a Benefits Assessor. On a typical day at work I calculate customers benefit entitlements, process benefit claims and communicate with customers on a regular basis via e-mail and telephone. I utilise my skills to manage my own workload and to ensure that claims are dealt with to the highest standard within the given timescales.
I strive to further my skills on a daily basis and enjoy learning new things. I have learnt to deal with a variety of customer queries and complaints on a regular basis and how to work in a busy and demanding environment whilst achieving daily targets.
Capita is a friendly environment and I thoroughly enjoy working with and learning from my fellow co-workers and managers. However, I feel that I am not currently utilising my full range of skills or fulfilling my potential.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Lack of career progression