Capita Resourcing Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work
Rapid Deployment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire31 March 2018
Busy Call Centre Environment, Good 0pportunities for progression and I have learned lots of different skills. Hardest Part of the role dealing with unhappy customers. Enjoyable Part of the Job is being able to sort out customer concerns and solve their queries.
Pros
Good Benefits, Free Parking
Cons
Long Hours
great company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 March 2018
great people and interesting environment to work in.

with long term prospects and career progression

this job as plenty of benefits every Friday the whole team socializes
Poorly structured and resourced
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom29 October 2018
Would not recommend working in this organisation. Poor strategic leadership resulting in lay-offs and confused junior leadership. People in the middle and bottom tiers of the organisation trying valiantly to live up to the requirements of a poorly written contract. Capita is about winning contracts and then not following through due to a lack of resourcing.
Pros
Cons
company strategy, treatment of staff
terrible company
Regional Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  london4 October 2018
bad offices, bad management structure. do not look after employees. glad i didnt work there long. no gratitude for hard work and bad middle management
An enjoyable yet challenging workplace
BENEFITS ASSESSOR (Current Employee) –  Carlisle21 October 2013
I currently work for Capita as a Benefits Assessor. On a typical day at work I calculate customers benefit entitlements, process benefit claims and communicate with customers on a regular basis via e-mail and telephone. I utilise my skills to manage my own workload and to ensure that claims are dealt with to the highest standard within the given timescales.
I strive to further my skills on a daily basis and enjoy learning new things. I have learnt to deal with a variety of customer queries and complaints on a regular basis and how to work in a busy and demanding environment whilst achieving daily targets.
Capita is a friendly environment and I thoroughly enjoy working with and learning from my fellow co-workers and managers. However, I feel that I am not currently utilising my full range of skills or fulfilling my potential.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Lack of career progression
Don't bother
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Berkshire9 May 2017
There is three things i love about working here...

the people you work with (not including mangerials), the fact it is opposite the train station and the last being, that it is close to the town centre.

the job i quite enjoy.. but everything else is not worth it!

you can't get a pay rise and they have made quite a few departments redundant however the new CEO rocks in the office in Christian Louboutins!

Very poor management, poor salary, they dont look out for you and everything is looking after themselves.
Pros
the people
Cons
everything
The Capita culture is very enthusiastic
Senior Framework Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead10 May 2018
A typical day at Capita is full of challenges but also rewards. The people include senior management always have time for our opinions ans suggestions. The hardest part of my job is working in a huge stress role trying to prioritize and juggle everything and the most enjoyable part is working with my colleagues and facing a new challenge every day.
Nice Environment to work in
Payroll Officer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool17 September 2018
The role involved working on 9 NHS Trust to recover overpayments of wages and salaries. And included tracing former employees to recover the funds that had been overpaid
Assessor
Assessor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield11 March 2014
Typically, first checking through internal emails to see if there were any Council regulation updates (constantly changing - always in briefings) or any other changes regarding work.

Scanning through claims according to a plethora of Council legislation and rules, then assessing and [maybe] awarding Housing and Council Tax Benefits.

In our large open office the working atmosphere was terrible- many people even visiting the place mentioned ignorant staff, and there was a backstabbing climate, a culture of cliqueyness and being constantly watched by managers [who were some of the worst culprits] so as we didn't socialise with colleagues. That was frowned upon (by the floor manager in particular)- even if only to exchange pleasantries whilst fetching printwork.

Capita as an employer always pushed staff relentlessly to deliver both maximum productivity AND accuracy amidst the constant rule changes! Blood from a stone. Not to mention humiliating staff by asking them to ring claimants to say sorry for mistakes!

I disliked the office atmosphere intensely, and staff morale in general, due to the above and unreasonable demands regarding the actual claims, was very low.
Pros
Flexitime
Cons
Cliques, low pay, Capitas ethic
Productive and fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG24 December 2013
This company is really good with giving employees jobs on daily basis. All information given on the phone when a job has been given to an employee. Must register !!!
Pros
Accommodation paid, Good salary pay
Cons
Travelling long distances sometimes
Proffesional and Friendly Company to work for
Supply Teaching?Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton10 April 2013
Regular communicationWworked in many educational establishments
Friendly Team of Consultants and Management
Gained a wealth of experience working in Nurseries and Schools
Sometimes sent on assignments of which you are not familiar with the area
Meeting and maintaining friendships with co-workers from placemnets
Pros
local
Cons
not always guaranteed work from one week to the next - lack of job security
Awful.
call centre (Former Employee) –  North West20 February 2015
A typical day of work that consist's of hard effort, with unrealistic target driven environments and you still get the managers who are only driven by numbers and to which do not understand or care about anything that could have been taken into account as the targets always seem to be over the human standards (trying to get blood out of a stone). Management is terrible, everything changes and nobody seems to know what they are doing as they do not get the right staff with the appropriate skills to manage. They also do not make their staff feel very valuable to the company, they are just a number and if you don't meet standards then they just blame you, despite no adequate training that they demand.
Pros
People who are there understand the nature of the unrealistic targets
Cons
Management, training
Career Driven
Resourcing Business Executive (Current Employee) –  Sheffield + travel8 March 2013
On site resourcing, travel 2+ days per week.
Resourcing skills.
Most enjoyable part of my job, is advising Hiring managers on recruitment strategies, running assessment centres. Career development for internal staff and the flexibility to implement my own ideas.
Pros
career driven company
Cons
long hours due to travel
Disapointing place to work
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke6 September 2017
Workplace culture is poor. Management have little respect or consideration for their staff. A none enjoyable working environment. No room for progression and Senior Management show no interest in anyone who wants to progress.
professional and presured
supply cover teacher (Former Employee) –  various schools around North East england18 February 2015
Typically required flexablity, a thick skin, quick thinking to communicate and connect with puplils to achive targets. I learned valuable teaching skils whilst being firm and aprochable. The management was helpful and suportive. The hardest part of the job was once good relatioships were made in schools with co staff and puplils I would get a new assigment often due to supply funding running out and start all over again. Fab way to meet new people and see how differnet methords of school management and working philosophies affects outcomes. Over all a good job with good rates of pay.
Pros
travel costs were paid and was paid weekly
Cons
short notice 'on call ' nature of job
Detainee custody officer
Dco (Former Employee) –  Glasgow28 December 2014
Long hours no finish time!
Management poor (jobs for the boys)
Staff back bite and not a good place to work
Will believe the detainees before you so you can be on the dole in a minute the investigation training is poor for managers .

Do not work in glasgow as a DCO
Pros
Nil
Cons
Poor managers long hours
Productive and fun workplace.
Teaching Assistant and Intervention tutor (Current Employee) –  Cardiff29 February 2016
On a daily basis I'm fortunate enough to teach and develop young children in a variety of subjects This gives me a great sense of achievement and fulfillment. teach small intervention groups for Year 3 pupils with learning difficulties, which involves developing their numeracy and literacy skills. I have weekly targets for pupils assigned to me in their individual education plan.It's my job to utilize time management to push children to excel and be the best they can be.
Capita Education
Supply Teaching Assistant / Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne22 June 2013
I have enjoyed working for Capita Education. Working for them gives me different options where I want my career to go. I work in Schools and in Nursery's and can adapt to different settings.
My representative at Capita is excellent. She is always bubbly and lively over the telephone and makes me feel welcome and gives good feedback.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not sure where my next placememt will be.
Contract Role
Project Co Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire16 August 2017
Carried out a short term project with Capita over 4 months. Over the short contract they were flexible and happy to accommodate my personal circumstances. The management were open to feedback and I would recommend Capita to future employees
Tv licensing enforcement officer
tv licensing enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  south3 October 2014
Do not touch. Long unsociable hours to work with little support from management. After taking statements from people who are found to be using a tv without a licence the head office will try to find fault with the statement so they don't have to pay you and you fall below your target to get your monthly bonus but still
use the statement to take people to court for prosecution. Left on your own to knock on doors in rough areas. Avoid.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capita Resourcing. Our community is ready to answer.