Capita plc Employee Reviews

Found 1,589 reviews matching the search See all 2,045 reviews
Corrupt or incompetent...or both
Apprentice Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, United Kingdom12 December 2018
I began what I thought was going to be an exciting career after training in a scientific field. I had previously followed a path as a serious musician and composer but felt that it was time to embrace my other passion: science.
After years of harmonious employment I was unfortunate enough to experience two unfair dismissals in one year 😞 but I pulled myself together and continued to pursue my passion.
Two weeks into my dream career path, I was pulled into a meeting out of the blue and sacked on the spot.
In short, they said I had lied and that I had tried to cover up the fact that I was dismissed from my previous employment, and that my integrity was questionable.
I literally couldn’t believe it. I worked so hard for this, paying thousands of pounds for a course as a mature student (I’m in my early 30s) while working to support myself: there’s no way I would do anything to jeopardise this opportunity. I’m an intelligent, switched-on kind of person, fair and honest - I would never lie about that kind of thing.
I appealed, telling this story. They dismissed my appeal and said there was nothing more I could do about it.
They were right: I have absolutely NO GROUNDS to do anything about it.

STAY WELL AWAY
Pros
The staff, facilities and co-workers at Fera - lovely place
Cons
Capita and Voltsecure
Not for everone
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire11 December 2018
This was a call centre role. Hours was not great for family people. As I appreciate that is their most busy times it's not for everyone. I am very customer focused but not call centre.
Capita reflects it's clients.
Complaint Handler (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, UK5 December 2018
How much you enjoy working at Capita can largely depend on the client you work on behalf of. Some contracts are more challenging than others.
I enjoyed working there and felt valued as an employee.
Pros
Good working enviroment.
Cons
Rotating shift patterns.
Easy and repetetive
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Darwen, Lancashire2 December 2018
when i started this job, i struggled at first but then i got the hang and started to enjoy it and got real good at it by showing i can quickly do the work with good quality.
Good people to work who would become your friends
Profile - Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reading, UK30 November 2018
Its a good Pension company were people are working for 15-20 years. A great work to work with great work life balance and a considerate management in times of emergencies.
Great Place to work at
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 November 2018
My work involved working within a large team of experienced Third lever engineers and I particularly enjoyed the bouncing of ideas among the team members. We also had a wealth of knowledge based articles which helped the entire team.
Great culture let down by management
DIVISIONAL RISK AND INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside29 November 2018
A great collaborate approach across very diverse divisions, this is achieved in spite of management rather than because of it.

Despite a merry-go-round of CEOs, MDs and Divisional leadership the cycle of no progress was hard to get past.

I will miss the people but not the business
Pros
Diverse work, lots of professional talented colleagues
Cons
Management, Lack of staff development and training
Enjoyable
Disability Assessor (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim28 November 2018
I have worked as a DA for 3 years now and despite the bad press I take alot of pride in completing good fair assessments for the claimants.
I am office based and enjoy speaking with claimants to get as much information as possible to complete a fair assessment.
My manager is brilliant to work with and treats us with the utmost respect. She is always willing to listen and help.
The option to work from home suits family life and the salary is good.
The job isn't for everyone but it should not get the very negative press it gets.. Most DA's want to do their best for the claimants.
Pros
Good team work amd enjoyable work
Cons
Some issues with audit but again they have a job to do as well.
Avoid avoid
Disability assessor (Former Employee) –  West Midlands28 November 2018
Terrible company to work for, you end up working 14 hours a day 6 days a week. Management are not supportive and put constant pressure on you to reach targets so that they get their bonuses.
When it comes to staff bonuses they make any excuse they can to not pay it.
productive and enjoyable
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth28 November 2018
It is a good place to work generally, staff are pretty friendly and will help anyone who needs it, during my time there i have picked up some good telephone techniques and how to manage my time. Management are good but there are times when you can be frustrated due to delays in updates and changes. The job is not difficult if you follow the protocol. The best part of the job is your colleagues, i made alot of friends there and still keep intouch.
Pros
colleagues, and atmosphere, lots of variation
Cons
constant changes to training.
A decent place to work
customer experience advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds26 November 2018
A decent place to work but the obsession with targets at times causes stress and leads to illness and absenteeism in some.
Management was not always flexible
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Work life balance
Cut throat management
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Watford26 November 2018
It must be noted that it has been many years since my employment here so things are bound to have changed. There was a serious silo mentality between departments that management were not able to address
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
poor management
lone worker
disability assesor (Former Employee) –  Home/field based26 November 2018
lone working in the community, very poor support from direct management. Overall a very poor company. Documents amended by others despite being signed by yourself.
Pros
home working and good pay
Cons
poor management
Frustrating
Internal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire13 November 2018
It has completely changed form when I joined 9 and half years ago. All Senior staff who held vital knowledge with regards to the business and the Education industry have now left. So every day now feels like a frustrating battle with senior leadership as they do not seem to have an understanding of the industry
Would not recommend.
Operational Trainer (Former Employee) –  glasgow12 November 2018
I worked for Capita for several years and put my blood sweat and tears into my job and got next to nothing in return. I was promised advancement to management positions which were clearly empty promises in order to get me to do more work for no extra pay.
Cons
last minute shift changes and patterns
Telephone Adviser (Former Employee) –  Capita12 November 2018
Although my tenure was short lived, i really enjoyed working here. The environment, staff and atmosphere were all great and it almost felt like I wasn't even at work. It was very comfortable and the management were very supportive, especially concerning mental health. It was a fun place to work.
Pros
various stalls, friendly management, good atmosphere and good salary, easy going.
Cons
Not much time to shop for groceries etc, time consuming, poor job security pre-probationary period.
Good Company, salary doesnt reflect the work
Senior Customer Relations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim6 November 2018
salary and benefits are the main issues, work-life balance is grand, good company for experience building. Personally wouldn't have a bad word to say other than no recognition for tenure or benefits for employees
Good Job / Life Balance
Head of Solution Architecture (Current Employee) –  Home Based6 November 2018
Capita provide employees with a good job / life balance allowing employees in the Architect role to be home based.

Normally I worked from home two days a week and manage to work from home on a Monday and Friday.
Capita
MI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Belfast31 October 2018
Capita is a great place to work, the management and work colleagues are all great and help each other. if you need a place to work then I would suggest here.
Good Team Working enviroment
Task Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol29 October 2018
Its the people in the job that makes it a good place to work.
The situation of the company is very accessible coming from the south.
It has a flexible working status

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capita plc. Our community is ready to answer.