Play YouTube video button
Capita PLC
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Capita PLC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom2,521 reviews
Found 2,521 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Capita PLC selected this as a representative review
Capita PLC are a great and innovate company to work for. Having worked for the company in a field role for the last number of years I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any potential employees who are looking to further enhance their respective careers.
17 good years working here and had lots of progresion. I am only leaving due to redundancy and would have loved to stay but this is out of my control.
Pros
career development
Cons
Stressful job, really affects your mental health. Unrealistic targets. Relationship with front and back office terrible. Constant complaints on calls, no support
Pros
weekend off
Cons
So much!!
AVOID, great colleagues to work alongside but the payroll team (situated in india) cause nothing but mistakes, never paid correctly, money deducted for no reason, absolutely appalling to get hold of to resolve an issue.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Management and Payroll
Good pay for what the job is depending on the contract. Management are pretty poor with bad communication though out the business.

Would recommend as a stop job but not one to develop any sort of career.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Managment
Hit and miss with the way management work, hence the turnover. They talk about policies including work-life balance and following processes but in reality management don't care as long as you keep delivering and work all the hours. How can you succeed under such conditions and useless micro managers.
Pros
Provides good exposure within industry.
Cons
Be prepared to be burnt out.
I first starting working for Capita several years ago and have seen the department I work for go downhill.

I will start with the positives which are they are quite flexible with any shift changes or any holidays you need. There is also onsite parking which makes life easy.

On to the bad. You will spend all your day listening to customers, colleagues or managers moaning all day, which over time, will slowly eat away at your mental health. The promise of promotions is short lived with the management programs they offer not leading to any progression (even after several years).

You marked down for the most ridicules reasons when it comes to your quality scores. The performance figures they expect are unrealistic and mostly unobtainable, leading to added stress for the role.

Please for your own sanity, find another company to work for.
Pros
On Site Parking
Cons
Just a bad job in general
Go in with you eyes wide open. The job is not always as advertised. Claim to be in transformation only you will know when you arrive if they are undergoing true transformation, NB they are not.
Pros
nice work force, management need balls
Cons
too many people have been there too long. Stuck in the past.
It's a job that unless you kiss butt you won't get to keep. If you go to the doctor and find out you very sick, just know they might let you go for it. And during the pandemic you couldn't get a more curel company. The pay was good, but honestly the stress of working so hard to keep your job, and being good at what you do for them let you go and not other employees who's actual work performance is very low is soul crushing. I really enjoyed what I did. And to top it off, they let me go - wouldn't let me get my things and still to this day I do not have any of my personal belongings that I had there.

Another thing is they promise a bit of money after your probation period, even when you have passed it, expect to only get the actual amount 6 months after passing. Don't even try their payroll because they are no help.

Awful company, biased, and just mean. Another thing you can expect it seems is that if you're foreign don't even try. A whole bunch got fired on one day.
Pros
Money which you'll get 6 months after
Cons
Everything.
Absolute scum bags managers are brown noses who could not do the job but some how got promoted.x police officers who still think their still in the police force haha

Bullying culture promoted by upper management.

Full of useless are a lickers who are not capable of doing any other job.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everthing is a con
I will not recommend working in this place to even my enemy, the training is awful, they just get you to sit with a member of their staff, who will just read you manuals and scripts for 3 days and you are left on your own. Bad place for a contractor, they expect that you know everything so they will not provide you any support, managers has no clue at all only push for target, staff are treated differently from contractors from
Pros
Cons
Permanent staff are treated differently from contractors, they show you is us and them, teamwork not encouraged
Done very unfairly, Company didn’t look at you as an individual. Not given the right opportunities as the right time and the business was too busy to let you do these courses.
I was only here for work experience in high school. If you’re not into computers,maths geography, architecture then this won’t be the job for you. Good company for civil engineering
Training is always terrible. Work is easy and above minimum wage. 37-40 hour week. Food on site is expensive. Often working as early as 6am and as late as 11pm.
Pros
Easy to get to
Cons
Poorly ran
There was racial banter in the office and at times very unprofessional. i reported this but nothing was done about it.

there was favoritism amongst staff
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
low pay, no progression, unprofessional work environment
The attitude is do everything on the cheap, don't bother with testing prior to implementation, sell support although there is no one to provide it. Treat employee's as though they have no worth. The management and HR seem mostly incompetent. If some customers knew some of the plans that nearly came to fruition they would have dropped Capita at the first opportunity.
Pros
They treat everyone equally bad
Cons
Treat employees like dirt
I was only at Capita for 2 and a half months. I was busy doing a project for the NHS side of things. We completed the task sooner than expected, our Manager was so sweet & understanding. He wanted to keep us temps on but due to the Pandemic we had to leave. I loved it. The hours suited me, the Permanent staff were so friendly. I would highly recommend working for them. If the opportunity came to work for them again, I would consider it.
Pros
Management were very friendly & helpful
Cons
Poorly paid, for such a responsible job. Too pressurised if you are a mature person like me!
worked in orpington for a few months and left only because of a personal health issue.
the management was friendly and supportive.

the staff was fun to get along with and very friendly and helpful.
Pros
the people
Cons
the work is boring
Be prepared for 16 hour days, training is good but after support could improve a lot. You are thrown in after. You have buddy for a week who listens in on the assessments but more support needed initially with report writing. Friendly people, but a very hard job needing a lot of hours commitment.
Stressful, work timed, no social chat, expected to do far too much and take on responsibility for poor salary, watched over by management, non flexible hours
Cons
Not enough training in admin. They expected me to know the job in 4 months! I asked how I could improve and was asked how did I want to improve. I don't understand why they did not want me. I guess my face didn't fit
Pros
9 til 5
Cons
not enough training
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capita PLC. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8