Capita plc Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshires18 April 2018
You need a medal to work at this place if management dont like you then you have had it.the managment let this place down with there ego's thinking there better then everyone else and the workload they put on you is too much for very little money
Cons
Awful Job and an awful company to work for
Disability Assessor (Former Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry16 April 2018
It sounded like a good idea at first. Only having to see the claimant once and writing up reports at home. Up to 38K pa. What could go wrong? Well... I should have known from the initial telephone interview that something wasn't right. The woman interviewing me was rude and blunt in manner. I felt like hanging up at one point but I didn't. Next big problem first day of training. I had received written confirmation that I had been offered a permanent full-time position. However the group were informed on day one of training that if they didn't pass the 5 week course they would have to leave the business. This created fear and uncertainty within the group from the start. At the completion of the course we found out they were serious in there threat and 5 people were dismissed by phone call from management. First week on the job managers inform those left that if they don't get 5 acceptable reports in a row they will be dismissed after completing 70 reports (this is about 2 months work). Oh I forgot to mention it takes an hour and a half at least to write up the reports so if you see four a day that is a 10 hour day excluding ant amendments you have to do for reports that were deemed unacceptable by the audit team and any preparation you have to do for the next day. So in total you're looking at a 12 hour day. The managers are non-clinical and have no idea about working as a health professional. When the job begins you have to submit all your report to something called QLS (quality learning support). They look at the report and decide if it's good enough to be submitted to the  more... DWP. They often send them back to you requesting that amendments be made which is very discouraging and demoralizing after a short while. It's easy to fall behind with the reports. At this point you will really regret leaving your last job however bad it was. The process of writing the reports also becomes very tedious and repetative before long. The support structure for disability assessors is flimsy at best. The coach will meet and observe you but this does not feel supportive. It feels more as if they're sizing you up for dismissal. There is a support line you can ring but this does not ease the feeling of remoteness an isolation of being a lone mobile worker doing a very difficult job. The kindness and caring of nurses is not appreciated in this job it is all about firing questions at the claimant and getting as much information as possible in the 45 minutes you have allocated with them. The managers have access to everything you do at work that is on computer and they don't ask if they can access it (your work related emails for instance). When you see the claimants they have to prove to you how disabled they are. It's like checking up on people in a prying way. The physical examinations can be uncomfortable or even painful for them but they feel under pressure to comply because they don't want to lose their benefits. It feels like quite a demeaning process to put them through. At this point as was I was scrambling around nursing agencies trying to get something else before they fired me I began to feel very ashamed of this job I was doing. Also some of the disability assessors seem to find favour soon receiving bonuses and more work while others do not with no explanation why. The mind numbing, boring, repetitive nature of the report writing, much of which done at home in your own time is one of the biggest drawbacks of this job. Overall Capita are a ruthless company who treat nurses as being a dispensible resource that can be hired and fired when it suits them. They do not care. Shame on them! They let me go the week before Christmas on the 18th of December 2017 to be precise. Not only did I not have a job they destroyed any confidence I once had in myself as a mental health nurse and was so depressed that I nearly had a nervous break down. Stay away from this company  less
Pros
The salary ( It is not worth the stress and hassle you have to put up with )
Cons
They tell you it is a 9-5 job Mon-Fri but that is far from the truth
No progression
Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 April 2018
no real progression via training, courses. Very clique. under paid for the work that they ask you to complete. Multi skilled but only paid for one role.
Good company, but huge!
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cambridgeshire15 April 2018
I have enjoyed working for Capita and there are so many things going on around the organisation, there is definitely a feeling of security, excellent resources and internal training. It is a big family of companies, really. However, I sometimes have trouble remembering which division of the company we are in and, as a relatively small company, wonder whether we are sometimes forgotten.
Pros
Backing of a large organisation
Cons
Small cog in a huge machine
Nice sites
Site Based Engineer Arcus FM (Current Employee) –  North West14 April 2018
Nice company. Good infrastructure. My time spent working on Capita sites has been productive and they are always looking to improve sites for the benefit of clients.
Pros
Well kept sites
Cons
Non really
Great place to work and the life long friends you will gain is second to none
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterlee, Durham12 April 2018
Good work culture and the targets to have to meet are strict yet motivating. Management support is always at hand when needed although the in house development could be better
Don’t work there
Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Ross and Roberts capita11 April 2018
You are just a number all they care about is targets . The system always breaks down and doesn’t work so leaves u in the lurch unable to do your job properly . Mobile phones are all out of date when you ask about new ones all you get is there is no budget for it at present not had any pay rises since they have taken over the company which was many years ago
Cons
Don’t care about staff
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Inbound Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rotherham11 April 2018
Sit at my chosen desk,log onto the computer using unique password.
answer any calls and resolve them, take my break times as advised.
the job in my opinion has no negative aspects.
Pros
Break times can access fresh air to enable relaxation
Cons
Contact Centre can get dusty
high turnover for a reason
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterlee10 April 2018
company has a sort of revolving door policy, get as many people through the door as possible hope some stay more than the first year.

shifts are decent, theres free onsite parking and the pay is minimum wage but there is chances to increase this marginally.
Pros
good shifts
Cons
mind numbing.
Enthusiastic work environment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester9 April 2018
A typical day at work is a fun environment, selling and achieving targets. I've learned how to sell. Managers are very friendly, workplace culture is always lively, hardest part of the job is retaining a customer, or when it's very busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you achieve targets and earn your commission.
Pros
Two paid breaks
Cons
Shift slides without telling you
enjoyable
Construction Operative (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne9 April 2018
enjoyed every minute all the people I worked with on site were amazing and made It easier to work and ask for help management on site was also good easy to approach the most enjoyable part was looking back after the job had been completed and seeing what a difference the work has made
Pros
close bunch of friends
Cons
college too far away
Very difficult
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manvers7 April 2018
The pay is great
The hours can be worked around you but are very strict
Targets are very strict and must be met at all times
High security
Dealing with complaints and angry customers is the norm
Pros
Great Pay. great hours
Cons
Difficult targets, strict management
Crapita - A workplace to avoid
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim5 April 2018
Worked in capita for a couple of years and neither of them were good. From a lack of staff benefits and support to bringing in managers who did not know the work a single bit. They would replace any managers who knew the work inside out with inept managers who treat staff like children and monitor you down to the second. I’ve worked in call centres with more freedom. Capita has a high staff turnover mainly due to demoralisation and lack of support. Would not recommend their working environment at all.
Pros
Cons
Lack of staff support, low salary, bad management
awful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  capita rotherham4 April 2018
management lack understanding for employees and tasks they are asked to complete never get actioned
the departments aren't managed correctly often having to search for a desk to work at and the equipment could use being updated
Unorganized
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow3 April 2018
Worked within capita for 18 months, wasn't happy and feel they could treat their employees more fairly and respect them more. Long hours and uncomfortable seating also.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long hours, uncomfortable seating
Give your all but nothing back
Field Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 April 2018
A high staff turnover with low moral, staff use this place as a stepping stone into other justice sectors. The work environment is very much if your face fits, you can't progress unless you brown nose the senior management.
Pros
Location and flexility
Cons
24/7 operation means constant changing shifts
Good working hours
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Wath upon Dearne3 April 2018
Monotonous work on minimum wage, not a stimulating job more suited to someone with low expectations and little ambition. Working hours were good for work/life balance.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Repetitive work
Good Company
Mortgage Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire27 March 2018
The work environment around Capita is very friendly and nice to be a part of. The actual work & Management of the company is very poor along with the poor pay structure.
Pros
Free Bus, Good Canteen
Cons
Managment, Pay, General running of the business
goos
Customer Resolutions Expert (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire27 March 2018
I held this job for 12 long years, i have met a lot of good people and kept some brilliant friends. After leaving Capita i remain good friends with people i have worked along side. The only down side was i needed to lower my hours or i needed to get my hours over 3 days and unfortunately they could not offer me them so i had to hand in my notice of 12 years. I now study full time and will be going to university in September 2018 to study Paramedic science.
Pros
brilliant people and managers
Cons
could not offer me the hours i needed for college
Fun and developmental
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon27 March 2018
Write data reports for schools and colleges for their school computer systems
Run meetings with schools and colleges discussing and planning their next set of reports

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capita plc. Our community is ready to answer.