Capita plc Employee Reviews

capita traineeship
trainee (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 June 2018
great place to train and met a lot of new friends here who are now apart of my family and learnt some of the most crucial lessons of my life and appreciate every single bit of this programme
Pros
paid travel
Cons
nothing
Call centre
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Leeds13 June 2018
Friendly environment, great team work, easy work with every help.. training was given was on point, I made so many changes while I was learning to become a agent who is in phone.
Capita are a recruitment agency
Decommissioning Waste Technician (Current Employee) –  Essex13 June 2018
Capita only recruit so can't comment on working for them . They contract us to Magnox who are in the nuclear industry. Capita just organise contracts with the client.
standard
Senior Complaints Handler (Former Employee) –  glagsow8 June 2018
bog standard call center. slave labor, extremely poor wages, constantly looking to find fault in your work. on the plus side it is a very good place to meet new friends.
Pros
the people
Cons
the job
The workplace culture rotten from top to the bottom
Customer Service Advisor, O2 (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 June 2018
You are made to feel worthless on a day to day basis. There is absolutely no end to the dirty office politics. Absolutely no benefits are offered to the employees, in any way, shape or form.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Everything you can imagine to be wrong with a workplace
Overall good
Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Bishops Cleeve3 June 2018
Capita has been a great introduction to the insurance industry. You can only progress if you are willing to take your exams and can only get promoted after working for a certain period.
It was ok
Customer Experience Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rotherham2 June 2018
Not enough training, computers never worked in training and not enough listening in. Trainers are too laid back. Team leaders do not help you as much as they can and hardly ever want to help
Pros
Next shop, free fruit
Cons
Team Leaders do not help you
No advancement
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow1 June 2018
The job is alright as a stop gap between other jobs/gap year at university but has no advancement opportunities in it. A significant number of the employees have been there either less than one year or 5+ years with few in-betweens.

The atmosphere is excellent for getting on with colleagues and the people that work there are great aside from a few managers but the job is extremely limited and underpaid for what is asked of us on a daily basis.

Holidays are essentially non-existent in the summer months if you don't book them as soon as they come out, leaving people to work months without holidays as well as the company being open on important days like Christmas Eve, New Years Day, Easter etc.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
No progression, Management, Pay, Holidays
First Semi governtment dept
Enqiry Centre agent (Former Employee) –  Belfast31 May 2018
A typical day at work would consist of taking call after call from PiP claimants enquiring about the appointment that they needed to attend. also we would amend appointments from time to time.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manvers30 May 2018
Have worked there a couple of times been enjoyable but have to many people who trample over others to get what they want, good for longevity if you can deal with people like that
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Unsocialable hours
Friendly and sociable staff culture.
Currently, Business Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Leeds30 May 2018
I was accepted into the established groups and included in social events like meals out. The office had a friendly culture and the bosses didn't micro-manage, as long as our work was done to a high standard they left us to it.

Bit too corporate for my liking, but standard for the industry. Team meetings, constant work audits and being referred to as resources not really my thing.

Worked at 2 different Capita sites, doing 2 completely different jobs and had positive experiences with both.
Cons
Pay not marvellous.
Great People to Work but Salary Payout is poor
A Person (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire29 May 2018
The general workplace culture is brilliant and the people you meet and get to know over time is what makes it a very enjoyable place to come into work but the salary payout is generally very poor and this is why there is a high turnover of staff every couple of years.
Pros
Great People & Free Fruit!
Cons
Poor Salary
Good starter point
Lead a small team of analysts (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London26 May 2018
As a young graduate, it's a good starting point. Management isn't great but don't let it put you off. The wages aren't amazing but if you need experience you'll get it here, they'll trust you with projects other companies may not.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Management could be better
review
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rotherham26 May 2018
Answering inbound customer service calls for O2 department.
Dealing with customer billing enquiries.
Also helping with technical issues customer may have had with their phone.
Worst experience of my life and they didn't pay my final pay after i resigned.
Bid Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gresham25 May 2018
Awful experience from start to finish. Absolutely no HR process upon my resignation, leading to half payment of my 3 weeks work before resigning. Absolutely awful company. Avoid like the plague
Pros
They're losing money and hopefully that will hurt.
Cons
everything from management to pi.ss poor HR
Not a nice place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sheffield25 May 2018
Started my first month coming into the company with no experience got trained up was very difficult as I worked for council tax.

I got told the first month working there I wasn’t good enough even though I tried my hardest! Very rude management.
Pros
Non
Cons
Rude
Too many managers and low wage
Technical Support for NTC Highways Department (Former Employee) –  North Tyneside24 May 2018
I worked for Capita North Tyneside for 5 years. I never received any pay rise, despite working over my hours and working extremely hard for my department. although my immediate colleagues were great and greatly appreciative, my manager never did and never gave me a chance to develop my role or allow me to do any training.
Pros
Excellent colleagues
Cons
Low wages with to chance to develop
Good bonus system
Claims Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester23 May 2018
Good bonus system & the people are great. Training is concise.
I am sorry to leave but unfortunately there has been redundancies and the contract will not last out the year therefore no job progression or job security.
Comfortable atmosphere
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 May 2018
Would have loved to continue working there. it was a good company to work for. Overall fun and a enthusiastic atmosphere. it was challenging at times but was great to overcome scenarios on a daily basis.
Chaotic
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterlee, Durham22 May 2018
The job would have been simple if it went the way the training went and how they explained the procedures. after you leave training you understand the job was not described the way they explained. everyday feels like the company is working against you, with new systems and procedures that seem to cause more harm than good.
Pros
collegues
Cons
terrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capita plc. Our community is ready to answer.