Play YouTube video button

Capita PLC Employee Reviews

United Kingdom2,471 reviews
Found 2,471 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Capita PLC selected this as a representative review
Productive and fun workplace
A fantastic organisation where I was given the opportunity to learn and to progress where possible. Work/life balance is a key perk of the company and they really value their staff
Worst company in the UK
If your thinking of applying here don't.
Unrealistic targets. Can't be on wrap to add notes. Cant put customers on hold. Change the processes daily. Nothing is ever good enough. Managers are BULLY'S, especially the ones working in the O2 department!!!
Great place to work, fast paced on interesting work
Capita is a fast paced organisation. They have great focus on delivering exceptional value to their many customers. Great place to work, great management team, interesting work.
Good bye life
14 hour days but only paid for 7.5.
None clinical managers who have no idea what the job entails .

Do not leave your current nursing job .

False advertising.

Although they advertise weekends and bank holidays off , you will be working writing reports and prepping cases for the week ahead .
5 Star Place to work
Really enjoyed working there. Great place and good culture. There are a lot of room for improvement and support allowed. Brilliant infrastructure. Large organisation. Fun place.
Really enjoyed my time at Capita
I was working for Capita on a fixed term contract and I really enjoyed my team there. The management and senior members of the team were very supportive. I was on a FTC which came to an end but I throughly enjoyed my time with the business.
great place to work
a great place to work, did my work experience here and it was a fantastic experience. it was a friendly and enjoyable place to be. management were very helpful
Challenging but fun
Good environment to work in. Varied and challenging. Good strong leadership and management. Can be a fun place to work if you a re willing to put the effort in.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Capita PLC?
Horrendous
Got bullied by management, very clicky atmosphere, the constantly pick on your weak points, made you work every wkend, had to start at 7am on Sundays so you where out of pocket on taxi money, worked Xmas day, new years day ect, worked long shifts until late at night, got in trouble for even leaving your desk to go to the toilet. I would never recommend working for bbc/capita ever!!!
Awful
Let’s just say YOU DIDNT MATTER THERE
You had to work bank holidays so I don’t know where the whole thing on here is if you don’t have to work bank holidays

I told them this job made me depressed and I didn’t want to live anymore they turned round and said... AND

I also LOST A FRIEND CAUSE THEY DIDNT DO ANY SOCIAL DISTANCING FOR COVID I hope they’re happy
This is not the place if you have career ambitions....
Relaxed atmosphere and friendly, however this company does not keep up with latest trends and are very re-active, rather than proactive (where possible). They pay under the market rate for all roles and always want the very best for the least money; not just in terms of staff but basically across everything.

The business seems to be run by finance dept, meaning even for the technical areas - management are made up of people who have little or no experience in that area - and are too focused on cost-cutting and are under constant pressure to make savings everywhere - even if it means relinquishing providing a good service/product to the client. This has a domino effect across the business.

If you work in any corporate function (not client facing), you don't see any career progression opportunities, salaries only move 1% a year (everyone gets this regardless), and regardless of company performance and what your contract says etc. Management are only interested in their own areas and getting results, which means no time spent on staff development or improving cross-working across different teams. More collaboration is needed.
Great company to work for and made some friends for life there.
The work was hard but it was made enjoyable with a dedicated hard working and friendly staff members
Awful: Fail to pay correctly and no job security
Management was constantly giving incorrect information. Constantly lied to about the length of the contract, most are cut short with 0 notice given and no guarantee of a job even though,they will say that they can assure you a job.

There is 0 progression, no care for staff, management is poorly trained and they will consistently fail to pay you correctly! Most staff were not paid correctly.

Do not work for this company. They made their staff work during the Coronavirus outbreak and refused furlough pay. A quote from management was "if you are ill, you won't receive pay and will have to have a warning for sickness and we will have to have to talk about ending your contract". This is during the Coronvirus outbreak...

Management would regularly swear and be abusive. Told higher management that I was swore at for asking what a working process is, and then I was fired. As a reference, I was a top performer each week, with 0 warnings for lateness, sickness or bad behaviour.

Please stay away from this corrupt, abusive, inept company. They are an amalgamation of everything that is wrong with this world.
Pros
Cons
Lies, No Job Security, Threatening behaviour, 0 Coordination, Incorrect pay
Good Company
Enjoyed working there.
Nice work mates and great team spirit.

Interesting projects and the work schedule was well structured. Producing proof of success was also well structured.
Avoid!!
By far the worst place I have worked. The managers would lie to you and others to save their own backside. They only care about their own bonus. I had things stolen from my locker more than once. Capita did nothing to even try to resolve this. They messed me around with wages making excuse after excuse and at one point made me go 3 months with no wage, but STILL expected me to turn up every day and graft. They are a JOKE! The finale was when they offshored our entire department to south africazzz with customer interest at heart! Hahah wow.
Productive and fun workplace
Great place to work on a daily basis. Accounting skills and brilliant workplace culture. Understanding the job helps to solve daily problems. Month end is more of my most enjoyable bit.
Good stepping stone into the field
Capita Employee Benefits is a good stepping stone for anyone wanting to enter the financial services field, particularly pensions.

It can be mundane, but it's challenging if you want it to be - I particularly love solving the complex queries and preparing benefit calculations.

The culture can be very toxic.. it's all very easy to get bogged down in office politics, which is very mentally draining. I've worked in numerous 'office jobs' over my career and the environment here is startling.

Unfortunately you won't find any room to progress here, but I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a stable job.
Terrible company
Would not recommend working here absolute terrible company and the managers who are supposed to be there for support don’t care at all

Stay away if possible
CAPITA static
I was given the platform to manage and determine approach to 2 projects and enjoyed the freedom to further my Excel skills. The culture was lovely from a persons perspective until COVID-19 arrived. CAPITA did not have the infrastructure in place to move with the remit directed by the government.
Challenging but fulfilling
Capita is a complex Business that serves thousands of clients and millions of customers each day through it's multiple businesses many of which trade under their own brand.

If you like big and complex Capita is for you!
The worst company to work for. Pensions Regulator contract
No progression or promotion. Under paid and over worked zombies. The management do not care about the workers. They only care about targets. If workers are not dropping like flies. Those that are having difficulties finding new jobs. They are going on long trem sick leave for stress. The workplace culture is rife with bullying, victimisation, harrassment and discrimination. It is very volatile and based on fear of violence and intimidation. Please save us from the wolves.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capita PLC. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9